Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,901 - 170,920 of 224,671 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can download it on your Kindle. I have one on mine. Yes I own the Atheist Manifesto.
Thanks. On the third paw? I really don't need convincing that none of the major religions have managed to locate any proof for their various gods and demi-gods.

If there really was proof of gods?

It would've made the news.... as a bare minimum of standards.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the NFL game this evening between Dallas Cowboys and the St Louis Rams.
But I did look up the score and it was reported Dallas 31 and the Rams 7.
Now I retrieved that score from the internet just like I retrieved the information on the number of bibles printed and or sold.
Note: It has been my observance in life the team that loses never likes the score. And my team the Rams lost today, lol.
I had me a look around the internet. 6 billion is a grossly inflated figure, and was, at best, just a guess.

Mainly due to the **fact** that there are so many conflicting **version** of the bible.

Versions that, when compared side-by-side, prove even the basic stories are seriously flawed.

Be that as it may?

More than 90% of all bibles printed, were given away-- likely to people who won't bother to read them.

Contrast this with actual...**BEST**SELLERS** which are purchased to be READ.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rolling papers for weed? Hope not in a non smoking room.
I don't smoke myself--- I'm seriously allergic to all kinds of smoke.

So I've never tried any kind of smoking product.

But I have been friends with people who love them their weed, yes.

Many of them report that those gideon bibles made for the best doobies.

I cannot say, myself-- allergies prevent me from even being in the same room as cigarette/mary-jane smoke.

But I do admire someone finding a **positive** use for something so vile (bible)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít know if you ever wear cowboy boots. I love them but canít wear them because they hurt my feet.
But thereís nothing like smelling a fresh new pair of boots still in the box. The same for nice leather bibles. They have smell that is sooooo good.
Itís better than sniffing Freon and it wonít hurt you either, lol.
Actually? Freon is completely inert-- there is zero reason to sniff it.

You could get the same effect, from "sniffing" pure nitrogen or helium.

Unless you get the temperature well over 1000 degrees, freon is like wax--- non-reactive.

As for that nice leather smell? Well, yeah-- a lovely leather bound book of Charles Dickens **does** have a nice aroma.

And in contrast to your bible?

People actually **read** Dickens. Because they **wanted** to.

I find that 99.9999% of bible-lovers? Never read the damn thing.

This is likely why they still think it's a "good" book...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
good night my loving Atheist. Work tomorrow!
Don't work **too** hard-- work'll kill ya.

<snort>

Life's too short as it is.

<heh>

Oh, Lunch Hour! Why do I waste thee so, on Topix?

<laughing>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
And other things.
Yes-- propping up a wobbly table.

Emergency diapers for Junior.

That sort of thing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not aware of a cure per say in the bible for people who are allergic to bee stings and or peanut allergies. There is a treatment such as the EpiPen that Iím sure you are aware of.
Thank Science!

For under **religion**? People just turned to useless **prayers**.

And, naturally, they **died** from bee-sting allergies.

Babies, even...

... apparently god is too busy fixing SPORTS SCORES to pay attention to the distress of babies dying from fatal allergies...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
Would I go to an all funded Atheist Hospital?
Many Jewish hospitals in the East Coast are pretty much pure atheistic.

So there you go.

I find it interesting that **most** supposedly "religious" hospitals have been sold to **profit-making** corporations.

They retain the trappings of "religion" because such fraud soothes the tiny minds of people like... well... you.

But make no mistake: their god is PURE GREED (or profit).

It has become a serious problem in the USA, in the last 20 years.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

reasoner wrote:
<quoted text>
In Europe we have publically funded health care, and a parallel private system for those who can afford to pay. This in my opinion is a lot fairer system (and has nothing to do with religious myths). All taxpayers pay into this through the tax system, and it means people arent going to die in the streets through not being insured, which is what I believe can happen if you rely on insurance or private donations. I would prefer to have a system which is reliant on a quality public service than put any trust in religious charities (which are proven quote often to be run by charlatans).
Oh Noes!

People who are not **wage**slaves** are getting HEALTH CARE?

Jewsus won't not HAVE it, they tell us!

Jewsus will be so MAD!

... meh.

“Love is the answer”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
Really this is where we are at

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Simon wrote:
I have no idea where you are getting you facts from but no religions organisation builds or funds hospitals. Sure they may have a name that sounds remotely christian but that is more for image, something to keep the weak minded who need to believe in something greater, happy.
Yep.

In the USA, there are few and far private (religious) hospitals left.

The majority are fully owned by **corporations**, and have been converted to PURE ENGINES OF PROFIT.

It's disgusting, really: these abominations are making MONEY off of people's SICKNESSES.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country if you were hungry or homeless youíre better off seeking a religious based charity. Our church operates a food pantry. Itís not cheap foods either but good quality foods.
Atheist donít have anything, nothing because like I said as a organized caring group. They donít participate and they will never participate in any serious organized effort. Oh sure thereís and individual here or there but as a group, not.
Yet in the typical hypocritical fashion the Atheist consistently bash Christians after we spend billions on medical research and healthcare. What they spend as a group is non existent, nill.
You Atheist have no hospitals other than the secular oneís the government provides. And secular is not Atheist as much as you want to try and claim it. As a group you are uncaring, and unconcerned. Your mission is to remove oneís legal right to freedom of religion.
I really donít know why your forefathers didnít embrace Stalin. He had the same goals. Bash the heads in of the religious and worship the communist flag.
Lying bigoted christard

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country if you were hungry or homeless youíre better off seeking a religious based charity. Our church operates a food pantry. Itís not cheap foods either but good quality foods.
Atheist donít have anything, nothing because like I said as a organized caring group. They donít participate and they will never participate in any serious organized effort. Oh sure thereís and individual here or there but as a group, not.
Yet in the typical hypocritical fashion the Atheist consistently bash Christians after we spend billions on medical research and healthcare. What they spend as a group is non existent, nill.
You Atheist have no hospitals other than the secular oneís the government provides. And secular is not Atheist as much as you want to try and claim it. As a group you are uncaring, and unconcerned. Your mission is to remove oneís legal right to freedom of religion.
I really donít know why your forefathers didnít embrace Stalin. He had the same goals. Bash the heads in of the religious and worship the communist flag.
Do you know what the top largest charities in the world are?

No?

Hint: they are **not** religious.

Here's a second hint: Bill and Melinda Gates (atheists).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be Atheist that's for sure.
Well, it's clearly not the ReThuglican Congress.

They are happy to STRIP the assistance program from COMBAT VETS, in order to fuel their give-to-the-1% mantra.

Yet? Genuine Christiansô keep **voting** for these greedy b*stards...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist don't own hospitals because they are selfish and uncaring.
Actually? There are a large number of purely **secular** charities in the USA.

In fact?

The **best**(that is, the least fraud) are pure secular organizations. Including hospitals.

The best **research** hospitals are **secular** ones too.

I find that interesting.

Apparently, among the Godbesotted?**RESEARCH** is forbidden...

....!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a cult like following in which it's creed is, Me-Myself-I.
You mean? Republicans? You know: that group that gives **all** the money to the top 1%, and TAKES AWAY from everyone else?

Including COMBAT VETS?

Hmmmm.... I had no idea Republicans were non-believers.

They **do** mention **god** as justification for their selfishness...

... interesting.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying bigoted christard
Why thank you,[tipping hat]

How about the news coming out of Europe about the Costa Concordia?

Isnít that something?

Thatís a typical European operation if I ever saw one. Iím not talking about raising the Concordia. Iím talking about that cool headed Atheist Ship Captain who saved himself over women and children.

I think he was the first one on the life boat. Supposedly he is saying itís not his fault. About 10 seconds before they hit ground he ordered the helmsmen to turn the ship about. Like they were steering a VW Volkswagen.

Kind of reminds me of the botched drilling BP did in the Gulf of Mexico. This is where they released about 10 Billion Gallons of crude oil.

Back to Concordia, how do I know that Captian Francesco Schettino was an Atheist? Only a freaking Atheist will take a life jacket from a little kid and push everyone to the side so he could get into the life boat.

Donít make you proud to be a European and an Atheist?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? Freon is completely inert-- there is zero reason to sniff it.
You could get the same effect, from "sniffing" pure nitrogen or helium.
Unless you get the temperature well over 1000 degrees, freon is like wax--- non-reactive.
As for that nice leather smell? Well, yeah-- a lovely leather bound book of Charles Dickens **does** have a nice aroma.
And in contrast to your bible?
People actually **read** Dickens. Because they **wanted** to.
I find that 99.9999% of bible-lovers? Never read the damn thing.
This is likely why they still think it's a "good" book...
Bob, you surprise me because you are usually on top of information like that. Read the following article.

by KING 5 HealthLink

Posted on September 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Updated Friday, Jan 4 at 10:44 AM

It's shocking and fast becoming the latest trend with teen huffing.
Kids are now inhaling freon, the gas found in air conditioning systems -- and sometimes with deadly consequences.

Online there's video after video of teens inhaling the coolant found in air conditioning systems. Freon causes a rapid high that resembles alcohol intoxication.
"Even a single use can result in sudden death," says Dr. Shan Yin of the Cincinnati Children's Hospital. "Parents should be very concerned if they find out their child is using this."

Gail Henry knows the heartbreak. Her 18-year-old son Jacob was found dead next to an air conditioning unit with a bag over his head. He had been huffing freon.
"Don't ever considering doing it because that five seconds of high you get when you do it isn't worth dying over," she says.

Besides loss of consciousness, huffing freon can make your lungs freeze, cause frostbite to your airway, sudden cardiac death, and brain damage.

Some air conditioning service businesses report customers call believing they have a freon leak only to find out someone has been siphoning off the gas, which is easy to do. Many business owners are now putting padlock gates around their units and compressors. A service person can install one on your compressor, making it impossible to let freon out without a key. They cost about $25. Newer air conditioners come with an internal hose which makes it more difficult to access the freon.

Experts say prevention is key. Parents should talk to kids about the dangers because freon does not show up in drug tests.

http://www.king5.com/health/Teen-trend-of-huf...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yep.
In the USA, there are few and far private (religious) hospitals left.
The majority are fully owned by **corporations**, and have been converted to PURE ENGINES OF PROFIT.
It's disgusting, really: these abominations are making MONEY off of people's SICKNESSES.
Lol, nice try Bob, you remind me of kids. You will say anything, lol.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thank Science!
For under **religion**? People just turned to useless **prayers**.
And, naturally, they **died** from bee-sting allergies.
Babies, even...
... apparently god is too busy fixing SPORTS SCORES to pay attention to the distress of babies dying from fatal allergies...
Oh for crying out loud Bob, no one will believe that except the naive Atheist.

Atheist will believe in anything. Look at how life started here on Earth. They donít have a clue. Someone told them God didnít do it so they just throw up their hands and say God didnít do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

553 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min thewordofme 722,256
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,566
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min fearless atheist infidel 115,650
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Dr_Zorderz 257,016
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 29 min Sussie 247
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 29 min andet1987 3,997
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 533,653
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••