Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,519)

Showing posts 170,361 - 170,380 of217,211
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

R souls to you.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true, because you do know yourself. Tonight I may go into detail. I have a higher priority to do my exercising right now. I find it sad you would wish to persuade me from my belief in having a soul to your belief in not having a soul. Perhaps you don't.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>That is true, because you do know yourself. Tonight I may go into detail. I have a higher priority to do my exercising right now. I find it sad you would wish to persuade me from my belief in having a soul to your belief in not having a soul. Perhaps you don't.
I don't care if you think you have a soul or not. Believe whatever you want to. Your belief doesn't change facts or definitions or any of the things that religions teach that is false or that could and has been harmful to societies.

Your style of writing makes it difficult for me to understand what you're saying. If trying to explain to me, in detail, what you are trying to say will make you feel better then that's fine, but I'm pretty sure that I've established that it is your goal to do exactly what you accuse others of doing, and I feel no need to argue ;-)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think The Online Atheist is a cult of mental illness.
* Poor Comprehension skills
* Lack of trust
* Over rating the issues of Atheism
* a very strong belief in the last word being correct because it is the final statement.
* repeating questions, even if they were answered.
* finding competition in beliefs
* Believing everyone that disagree with you is really a Christian
* admit being wrong
Nothing in the above list of insults is an actual... argument.

How very Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree I think DNA is further proof of God and soul.
So? You also believe in crystal gazing, homeopathy and ...

....(this is so funny I'm laughing as I write)...

... past life regressions!

<laughing>

Nobody takes what you **think** seriously any more.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
By that "logic" identical twins would have identical souls...
Again, you're not really making sense.
Quantum entanglement..lol
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
Greg Sutton was closely inspecting the back legs of a planthopper nymph a small green, flightless insect when he noticed something odd.
There was a tiny row of bumps on the inside of each leg where it met the insect's body. The bumps looked just like the teeth of gears. And when the planthopper jumped, they acted like gears too as teeth meshed, the legs turned in synchrony. Sutton says his finding, published this week in Science, is the first mechanical gear system ever observed in nature.
"So we were asking ourselves,'How in the world did they get such precise synchrony between the left and the right legs?' " Sutton says.
That led to a closer inspection of the nymph's anatomy and the discovery of the gears.
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/13/219739500/livin...
Eagle 12
The discovery of synchronized mechanical gears on the planthopper insect found in the UK is problematic for Atheist. Solid evidence of intelligent design.
non sequitor FALLACY,,

If theres Inteligent designer why did it create stupid religitards?LLL

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a horror story, sweetness, it is
Seek professional help immediately. Dial 911 NOW;0)

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
By that "logic" identical twins would have identical souls...
Again, you're not really making sense.
You see this soul topic is not your cup of tea, but according to studies on the topic, such is possible. Could we please keep it real, you're not big on the topic of Destiny and/or journey of souls. You're just trying to get me to change my views, and that won't happen. AND! I don't wish to change yours.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you think you have a soul or not. Believe whatever you want to. Your belief doesn't change facts or definitions or any of the things that religions teach that is false or that could and has been harmful to societies.
Your style of writing makes it difficult for me to understand what you're saying. If trying to explain to me, in detail, what you are trying to say will make you feel better then that's fine, but I'm pretty sure that I've established that it is your goal to do exactly what you accuse others of doing, and I feel no need to argue ;-)
Excellent I agree you have your situation and I have mine. Saves me a long post I planning on posting.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not that complicated, you do know yourself, I'll cover this more on my next answer to "I_see_you"
Apparently it is VERY complicated otherwise you wouldn't be dancing around instead of substantiating your claim. I asked a very simple straight forward question, about this soul thing, how you define it, simple. Everything I believe in I can define very easily, why are you having so much trouble with this extremely simple question?

Let me try again, maybe this time you'll have the courage to answer. How do you define this soul thing? How do you know that you have one and someone else does not? Now, and this is VERY important, what methodology do you use to determine if you or anyone else actually has a soul?

You are adamant that this soul thing exists, you seem to have infinite knowledge about it, yet you are unable, unwilling, or maybe just to embarrassed to share this knowledge, why is that? Is it perhaps that like your God thing, it too is something only imagined?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it !
The difference of opinion is personal perception. Can't you see that you abuse those two words. I felt I was clear about it being a difference of opinion, not that the person I disagreed with was wrong. In such a case you "Prove it!" would be a fair statement.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum entanglement..lol
LMAO!

How can you tell if someone is gullible?

Answer: give them "scientifical" -sounding words and they will easily believe bullshit, so long as there are "scientifical" words attached.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
non sequitor FALLACY,,
If theres Inteligent designer why did it create stupid religitards?LLL
Easy: only the **stupid** people are taken in by the scam that is "intelligent design".

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You see this soul topic is not your cup of tea, but according to studies on the topic, such is possible. Could we please keep it real, you're not big on the topic of Destiny and/or journey of souls. You're just trying to get me to change my views, and that won't happen. AND! I don't wish to change yours.
LMAO!

First, you silly person? You have to prove this idiocy known as "soul".

Until you do that? You are just a small, barking dog yapping at the heels of people smarter than you.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference of opinion is personal perception. Can't you see that you abuse those two words. I felt I was clear about it being a difference of opinion, not that the person I disagreed with was wrong. In such a case you "Prove it!" would be a fair statement.
Wall of words.

Devoid of any argument.

LMAO!

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it is VERY complicated otherwise you wouldn't be dancing around instead of substantiating your claim. I asked a very simple straight forward question, about this soul thing, how you define it, simple. Everything I believe in I can define very easily, why are you having so much trouble with this extremely simple question?
Let me try again, maybe this time you'll have the courage to answer. How do you define this soul thing? How do you know that you have one and someone else does not? Now, and this is VERY important, what methodology do you use to determine if you or anyone else actually has a soul?
You are adamant that this soul thing exists, you seem to have infinite knowledge about it, yet you are unable, unwilling, or maybe just to embarrassed to share this knowledge, why is that? Is it perhaps that like your God thing, it too is something only imagined?
If you say so. My story is I just don't now have the time. I have mentioned books here for you to read. I'll be fair about this, I won't read your books about atheism, therefore how could I complain.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so. My story is I just don't now have the time.
Yet you have plenty of time to write endless walls-of-words, that do not say much of anything.

LOL!

The **truth** is? You cannot prove your idiot notion of this "soul" thingy.

Any more than you could prove the Easter Bunny.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you have plenty of time to write endless walls-of-words, that do not say much of anything.
LOL!
The **truth** is? You cannot prove your idiot notion of this "soul" thingy.
Any more than you could prove the Easter Bunny.
As if you could prove anything.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so. My story is I just don't now have the time. I have mentioned books here for you to read. I'll be fair about this, I won't read your books about atheism, therefore how could I complain.
It's NOT that you don't have the time, you spend quite a lot of time posting here, it that you DON'T have the information. I've always known that you or anyone else could never define this soul thing, primarily because it is only something only imagined. There is no such thing as a soul,m if there was you would have no trouble defining it for us. What a lame ass excuse..."I don't have the time" What you don't have is any evidence for this ridiculous soul thing. You're not only a coward, you're completely full of shit. This puts you in the same boat with all of the Christians, they can't supply any evidence for their God thing. They can't define exactly what is is either, so your in good company. You both live in this childish little fantasy world full of magical events and mythical beings, you just added one more piece of bullshit, this soul thing. Too funny!!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you could prove anything.
Oh, I have-- multiple times, I've proven **your** god is impossible in the current universe.

And you agree with me-- you must, as you cannot **refute** my proofs.

You don't even **try**-- you just act all Jesus and toss insults instead.

LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 170,361 - 170,380 of217,211
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

675 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay Snapchat Names 5 min must add 1,365
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 680,873
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 12 min BenAdam 13
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Dang It 109,754
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min pusherman_ 512,329
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 19 min Wetpussywanted 281
Is Chris Anderson of the Miami Heat part lion? 20 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 596,623
•••
•••
•••