Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,261 - 170,280 of 226,138 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
followerofSatan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
Hitler was catholic NOT atheist.
Atheism says nothing about mass murder so creationist LIE again.
They try and lie about atheism being a religion when its NOT.
They try and slander atheist that show up the falsehood of their cult here.
And WHEN THEY FAIL. They troll troll troll.
And THEY STILL FAIL!
We could give you a long list of all the failed creationist trolls on this forum:
Educated What
Grameen Ferox
everyday
Nanoanomaly
Lil Ticked,
Buck Crick
Robert Stevens
Lincoln (LCN)
to name but a few...
One after another, these creationist scum have been taken out on this forum.
We've seen all the patterns, just give it up and get real jobs.
Your cult is full of sh*t and always has been.
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/2045/hitleratch...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
..... We are being fair with those we meet taking them for their word instead of treating them like these dishonest meatballs here. It would be wrong of use to assume all atheist have the reading comprehension of these pin heads, and just babble on pointlessly.
This comes from a superstitious creationist.

Atheists are the moderates.

Religion = superstition
Get over it

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm frankly surprised that your keyboard hasn't got up off its desk and said:
"F*ck this stupid creationist's fingers on my back every day. I will not be a tool aiding the broadcast of such ignorance."
I am having fun here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"You self delusion and davesworld antic pants have no baring on my memory but you are free to delusion yourself as much as your emotional outbursts can stand"
You really want to show your ass. And you do. You also left out a comma and a period in that sentence. You also started it off wrong. Should have been "Your" instead of "you".
"I don’t care what or where you developed you godbit make believe. And you have no idea of my intellectual understanding of atheism, that my deal little fool is the whole concept of atheism that the godbot will never understand, it is not the structured religion of godbotism but it is the individual understanding of individuals."
Again, you instead of your preceding godbit, which should have been your usual godbot.
My "deal little fool"?
Missing comma. Two, actually.
"Intelligent man? Obviously does not take after you then? Are you sure you are the father? It is said that DNA testing is showing considerably less genetic link between the claimed father and the child than was supposed. Was you wife a naught girl?"
She could be quite a "naughty" girl. But he is mine.
"What emotional issues, you keep guessing based on you own projection but you never – ever offer any substantiation of your outlandish comments."
Is that one or two sentences? Plus missing a comma.
"Your deliberate ignorance certainly does show"
Missed your period?
"You don’t seem you understand the concept of debate, you make the claim that a mythical entity exists, it is therefore up you to substantiate that claim, or shut up about it"
? You missed a second period?
"Not me trying to prove anything, Einstrien did a pretty good job of that with E=MC^2"
Uh oh. You missed three periods. Oh, you also disrespected your god, there.
"Why do you have a fascination with my ass?"
Because you have it in everyone's face.
Fumble fingers and scattered brains. But you got a fine ass.
Your uncontrolled lust and wishful thinking is just that, uncontrolled lust and wishful thinking.

Since how long have you been qualified to diagnose dyslexia? Oh hang on a moment, you have claimed in the past to be an engineer, not a doctor. So this of course explains your ignorance.

And how long have you been on the payroll of the grammar and spelling police? What… WHAT… you mean you do it for free, jezus christ on a crutch, how pathetic.

It seems that you have nothing objective to moan about so you choose to take the p|ss out of disability. Although you may not realise it this is the perfect example of your deliberate ignorance. You may be interested to know that it was your type of ignorant attitude that drove me from the church. Well done.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it comical when people think they are getting to someone when in all actuality they have no point. Dave here thinks he has some sort of special powers. I personally think he's bipolar. One minute he can't stop talking about death and hell, and the next minute he's talking about loving woman's asses. However, you're right... he in general is not funny at all, he's actually quite depressing.
He certainly does not have the best of personalities and you are perhaps correct in the assessment of him being bi polar but personally I think it’s just living in davesworld that is turning him into a raving lunatic.

I have been on topix close on 3 years now and in the past it was possible to have a reasonable (if sometimes distinctly odd) conversation with him. His mental deterioration means those days are long gone.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you I didn't watch it all but the Earth and humanity is just too many miracles. I'd go into details but you just see things as you do.
This is the asme thing people used to say about thunder and lightning, and eclipses of both the sun and moon.

For EVERY event attributed to God or any other mystical power, science has ALWAYS stepped forward and given the correct explanation. If you want to play this game of "it's so complex and I can't understand it so God must have done it, then your God becomes an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. When science finally achieves abiogenesis, and they will, another God answer will be pushed aside by science, just as so many in the past have been pushed aside.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're thinking of delving into the horror story genre....don't. I doubt you could scare anyone but a 6 year old....or a theist. People who go around bothering little children usually wind up behind bars....be very careful, or just stfu.
Not a horror story, sweetness, it is hard scientific fact.

When your consciousness is aware the end is here it is going to go bananas. Spurious signals caused by neural network failures will disrupt your thinking process. That is just a fact from the materialist view of existence and consciousness. We know that from making machines.

The body can be totally disconnected, but there is a lot of activity going on in your head. Your higher level consciousness, your awake human functioning brain shuts down and your deeper consciousness kicks in, Just like going to sleep or knocked out. But instead of that brain having memories formed, or blocked, when you wake up you will be stuck with it until it is all gone. You can consider it your emotional center. Your will to live, your base existential engine without the waking consciousness controlling it.

The brain and increased consciousness and awareness is built outwards. This may be the secret to the religious experience, a phenomenon where the human brain makes a connection to the basic brain and writes a peaceful exit if not preparing for a new spiritual journey.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your uncontrolled lust and wishful thinking is just that, uncontrolled lust and wishful thinking.
Since how long have you been qualified to diagnose dyslexia? Oh hang on a moment, you have claimed in the past to be an engineer, not a doctor. So this of course explains your ignorance.
And how long have you been on the payroll of the grammar and spelling police? What… WHAT… you mean you do it for free, jezus christ on a crutch, how pathetic.
It seems that you have nothing objective to moan about so you choose to take the p|ss out of disability. Although you may not realise it this is the perfect example of your deliberate ignorance. You may be interested to know that it was your type of ignorant attitude that drove me from the church. Well done.
What an emotion based response.

Where is that cold hard objective analytic thinking, lovey?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Verbam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll admit that you sound gay …. so you need to stay away from decent people.
Okay-- I accept that you are 100% gay-- likely you dress as a woman in your spare time.

In the gay community, you would be called a queen.

I **get** that already.

But, again, I have no problem with your lifestyle.

Enjoy!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Verbam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Birds of a feather flock together.
So.

By **your** definition, you are an ATHEIST?

Since you **are** hanging out on the ATHEIST forum?

Okay.

Welcome to Atheism, Mr Gay-Queen!

Enjoy!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! O.K., as long as we only stare at the goats, if you yell at them, sometimes they faint. Enough people have swooned from mystical/pseudo science/religion as it is.
Uhhh, I'm far sighted....does that count?
Far sighted?

I say that is a **SIGN**!

A **SIGN** I tells, ya!

For the low-low price of $29.95, you too can be your own Mystical Guru!

<laughing>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What an emotion based response.
Where is that cold hard objective analytic thinking, lovey?
I really don’t understand what you are projecting here, methinks you confusion is getting the better of you. Have you seen the doctor about your deteriorating mental state?

It seem that you are displaying your rampant lust for all to see, what is that to do with my emotions?

Followed by a simple question regarding your qualification to make medical judgements, no emotion there, just a pure fact finding exercise. The fact that it shows you to be an ignorant moron is not an emotional response on my part but it does seem to have elicited an emotional response from you.

Then another question derived from your abuse of my disability and my curiosity as to whether you are paid for being such an ignorant prat. Simple curiosity, aain nothing emotional. And again it seems to have elicited an emotional response from you

Then an observation of your post that had nothing to offer this thread so I defined the obvious, you have nothing to offer. Fact, not emotion.

Followed by another statement highlighting you obvious ignorance, fact, not emotion.

And finally a statement of fact.

And it seem that you still have nothing to offer. It must be hard to live in davesworld eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don’t understand what you are projecting here, methinks you confusion is getting the better of you. Have you seen the doctor about your deteriorating mental state?
It seem that you are displaying your rampant lust for all to see, what is that to do with my emotions?
Followed by a simple question regarding your qualification to make medical judgements, no emotion there, just a pure fact finding exercise. The fact that it shows you to be an ignorant moron is not an emotional response on my part but it does seem to have elicited an emotional response from you.
Then another question derived from your abuse of my disability and my curiosity as to whether you are paid for being such an ignorant prat. Simple curiosity, aain nothing emotional. And again it seems to have elicited an emotional response from you
Then an observation of your post that had nothing to offer this thread so I defined the obvious, you have nothing to offer. Fact, not emotion.
Followed by another statement highlighting you obvious ignorance, fact, not emotion.
And finally a statement of fact.
And it seem that you still have nothing to offer. It must be hard to live in davesworld eh?
It is less confusing than living in yours, sweetness.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
"When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed"
As you can plainly see it's your job to prove there IS a creator of the universe. I don't know why people like you insist on using this dishonest and sleazy tactic. Most likely because you realize that you have no proof and try and create a smokescreen by asking someone to prove a negative. Bertrand Russel's celestial teapot should have put an end to this dishonest and ignorant tactic.
When the definition reads "acceptance of the truth of something." it means that there is ONLY one kind of truth. A truth is something that is INDISPUTABLY then case. It's indisputable because there is scientific evidence that makes whatever it is, true. A belief is NOT truth, unless of course that truth is supported by science.
For the Lord only knows how many time. I never did claim I could prove a God or creator to you. The fact I have posted this so many times does cause me to mock your reading comprehension. I proudly admit I have faith and belief. If you claim to have the fact, you have the proof, and you don't. Post whatever you desire, the proof is not there period.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
The big bang has been accepted as fact because it has been proven as fact. I do believe in science and I do have faith in science, but not in the religious sense. There are two definitions for faith for that reason.
The things that I believe are not a religion. They are the complete opposite of the definition of religion. It is beyond me that you can act so pompous as to pretend that you can change the definition of a word just to suit your purpose on here. I am familiar with different theories yes. I am not a scientist, nor do I claim to be. Some of this post doesn't make sense to me when I read it because your punctuation is placed badly I think. I don't understand what you mean when you say that you're sorry that I don't yearn.... what does this mean exactly?
Also, if it is devious for me to share my thoughts, and what I believe in then it is the same on your part. I do not have a religion, again I will explain, because they have no similarities with the definition of religion. You are ignoring the definition to fulfill your purpose of trying to insult me.
I don't feel the need to spread my thoughts (as you put it)...that is why I come to an atheist thread where there are people who share my thoughts and opinions and beliefs... you on the other had are on a mission to share yours which is why you are on a thread where people do not share your beliefs, thoughts and opinions.
If you feel that this "hobby" is a waste of time for you then you should do something more enjoyable with your time. As for me, I do things that make me happy, and although there are some people on here that make me feel emotions that are not always joyful, I am still, very much, a happy person. I'm sorry if you are not.
Paragraph 1. No all the details of The Big Bang have not been proven. There are those that claim it was the first others not the first. Start, not start etc.

Paragraph 2. Not only are you a proven religion. The opposite of religion would be utter silence. You have a church, you are now a religion. Protest if you must, but do it in front of the church not online.

Paragraph 3. You can't prove what you believe to be a fact. It is your belief. Changing my mind on this does not change that. Even Professor Richard Dawkins, atheist top debater acknowledges atheism as a faith. You should not be offended that I rank him higher than you and your merry crew, on this topic.

Paragraph 4. This is your confession of being an Atheist, not an atheist. It is a shame about the no soul thing.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the cowardly idiot who cannot prove the god he hallucinates and claims is the answer to the entire universe.
There is no question there is a God, I just can't prove it to you. That's your problem not mine.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime a creationist posts here and doesn't post proof of god, they are showing theit stupidity.
Because most the time they want to tell people what to do and how to behave:
eg. go to hell, dont get married, keep slaves!
all those things your cult introduced and ALL without proof.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
And correct your book while you are at it - atheists are NOT fools.
Creationists are just LIARS.
That is not consistent at all. What is, is every time an atheist does not answer a request for proof, and deflect, they are going off topic. "Atheism requires as much faith as religion."

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
Hitler was catholic NOT atheist.
Atheism says nothing about mass murder so creationist LIE again.
They try and lie about atheism being a religion when its NOT.
They try and slander atheist that show up the falsehood of their cult here.
And WHEN THEY FAIL. They troll troll troll.
And THEY STILL FAIL!
We could give you a long list of all the failed creationist trolls on this forum:
Educated What
Grameen Ferox
everyday
Nanoanomaly
Lil Ticked,
Buck Crick
Robert Stevens
Lincoln (LCN)
to name but a few...
One after another, these creationist scum have been taken out on this forum.
We've seen all the patterns, just give it up and get real jobs.
Your cult is full of sh*t and always has been.
Hitler was a theist, but not Catholic. And you left out the T-TownClown

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>This is the asme thing people used to say about thunder and lightning, and eclipses of both the sun and moon.
For EVERY event attributed to God or any other mystical power, science has ALWAYS stepped forward and given the correct explanation. If you want to play this game of "it's so complex and I can't understand it so God must have done it, then your God becomes an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. When science finally achieves abiogenesis, and they will, another God answer will be pushed aside by science, just as so many in the past have been pushed aside.
This statement could not be more false.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Paragraph 1. No all the details of The Big Bang have not been proven. There are those that claim it was the first others not the first. Start, not start etc.

Paragraph 2. Not only are you a proven religion. The opposite of religion would be utter silence. You have a church, you are now a religion. Protest if you must, but do it in front of the church not online.

Paragraph 3. You can't prove what you believe to be a fact. It is your belief. Changing my mind on this does not change that. Even Professor Richard Dawkins, atheist top debater acknowledges atheism as a faith. You should not be offended that I rank him higher than you and your merry crew, on this topic.

Paragraph 4. This is your confession of being an Atheist, not an atheist. It is a shame about the no soul thing.
So I'm just gonna say at this point in time, that you completely ignore definitions of words and specified facts of science so I choose not to discuss these things with you any longer. I will now argue with you when you post things that are incorrect because when try are politely pointed out to you, you apparently want to disagree and then tell me that I have no place to share my opinions or information online if I so choose to.

You are a typical religious person that shows up on here and wants to tell people what they can and can't do or think, but you don't apply that demand to yourself and no one has any time for that not will I show you any kin of courtesy for it either. So...we'll see what comes up next.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Catcher1 732,395
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 11 min Myrandy Cumgrove 193
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min JudgeNJury 257,740
These Honorable Men 17 min Carla34 5
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 19 min Classic 1,760
Is A Race War Brewing? 24 min Toshi Sanyo 8
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 28 min shyam 5,274
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min dirty white boy- 599,723
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min atemcowboy 538,563
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 173,252
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••