Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
169,801 - 169,820 of 226,561 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#177015 Sep 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny Dave, seriously.
We know the exact figure really , you can chill something to 2.7 degrees above absolute zero, at that temperature you cannot remove the remaining kinetic energy of the atoms or particles.
That is the ground state of energy the lowest reduction possible , because to do so you would have to defeat the uncertainty principle and all known quantum effects.
But when you get to the punchline, "We are designed." you lost a cohesive narrative. I mean it's like giving the directions for cooking rice. And the saying.......
Bring 3 cups water to boil, add 1 cup rice, add butter and salt,
let come to boil, stir rice once, reduce heat and cover.
The sky may turn purple.
That's for brown rice. For regular rice it's 2 to 1. Boil 5 minutes. Cover and heat on the lowest setting for 20 minutes.

Perfect Rice

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177017 Sep 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
You would think that creationists would be a bit more thankful for having the meaning of their life explained to them simply.
If you're wondering what that is Dave Nelson: its the fact that you grew up in a cult, where you were relentlessly fed a diet of religious bullsh*t, unhealthy skepticism for truth & rigour in science, facts and all steered by cult emotional manipulation. This results in you becoming anti atheist, without even realising what or why atheists see the world the way they do.
You seek simple answers to complex problems because they satisfy you, not because they are right. These people are lazy thinkers who would rather make up lies, then face complexity.
Because you have had relentless creationist brainwashing, the above paragraph will be as blind to you as the invisible dinosaur bones and fossils you see in museum around the world, deeply sh*tting upon your cults unchanging historic nonsense.
You are amusing.

Not very bright. But you are amusing.

Hopefully you are just young and stupid, and not old and stupid. You might grow out of being that way.

So, who enlightened you to these truths you speak? Tell us where you got your wisdom.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177020 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
bitter and defensive ;-)
credulity and Gullibility!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177021 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I was in a hurry and someplace to be so I didn't read past the headline. I thought it was another article they had written earlier that didn't have religious content in it. I still showed you lied when you claimed no scientist ever said the universe came from nothing. Or are you really that uninformed about their wild claims?
You still aren't addressing the Krauss link, most obviously because you CAN'T! Moron. Why am I not surprised that you can neither support it OR refute it?
xD
Nobody can ever say that all atheists are geniuses after reading your 'tarded rants.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Oh, I'm truly sorry, I seem to have really upset you. The BWAHA at the end of the post reflects your level of embarrassment and shame.

I was only to happy to call you out on your idiotic attempt at trying to flex your intellectual muscles. Siting an article you NEVER read, too funny. I hope I've taught you a lesson here, read your source material before you go challenging someone on a point you are ignorant about. Do try and do better, really!!!

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177022 Sep 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-7-Snake-Ki...
Feeding on the edges reduces exposure.
If I was an Atheist I would ask you to prove this, and denounce the people that did the article as fools with an agenda. But instead I will admit you are right.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177023 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm truly sorry, I seem to have really upset you. The BWAHA at the end of the post reflects your level of embarrassment and shame.
I was only to happy to call you out on your idiotic attempt at trying to flex your intellectual muscles. Siting an article you NEVER read, too funny. I hope I've taught you a lesson here, read your source material before you go challenging someone on a point you are ignorant about. Do try and do better, really!!!
Uh...

"Siting an article" should be "C"iting an article.

Way to go, Ace. You show her how it's done.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177024 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>A-moral......A-typical .......A-symmetrical.......A-t heist..........Sorry you're not smart enough to absorb this very simple word usage. Do try and do better!!!!
I see your point but the movement has evolved, to a point that The united States of America considers Atheist or Atheism to be a religion. Once again a snippy or well thought answer to Robert Stevens changes nothing, even if you changed my mind. Atheist do have churches. If you were bold enough to research you may find they use religious style lobbyist techniques. why you try to come here and have people think contrary prove you do believe in the power of human thought, and that my friend is as theist as you get.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177025 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, I know how embarrassing it is to harbor these beliefs, call yourself whatever you want, but beneath the false front beats the heart of a Theists with a belief in mythical beings and magical places. I'd do my best to distance myself from these childish beliefs, just as you are trying to do. You can try and dress up a Christian, and call him a "new Ager" but he's still a Christian, with all the unsupported beliefs and phobias that accompany that immoral religion.
I beg your pardon, I never claimed to be capable of proven my faith. Why you don't believe me when I say I am a Pagan, is beyond me. I post such statements as "most likely God did not create the human race, is was created by an advanced civilization." It is more likely we are in a computer simulation than on the real Planet earth" I believe in reincarnation, not to just say you could merely take my word on what I say. I honestly think your mistrust reflect upon your own honesty and your own perception. There is absolutely no reason for me to lie to YOU.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177026 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
bitter and defensive ;-)
The guy is just an idiot that post in contrariness in an effort to prove something, that in the end means nothing. He is the Inspector Clouseau of Topix. No wonder he won't get a log on.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177027 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy is just an idiot that post in contrariness in an effort to prove something, that in the end means nothing. He is the Inspector Clouseau of Topix. No wonder he won't get a log on.
Did you know the God you worship murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses? Just thought you might want to know.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177028 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the God you worship murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses? Just thought you might want to know.
I realize your thoughts are backwards, as I mentioned you hate God too much to claim that there is no God. You have God all wrong. Your perceptions are just that, your perceptions.
LCNLin

United States

#177032 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the God you worship murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses? Just thought you might want to know.
warmed over repost, moronic ... but amusing

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177033 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't talking TO you, crybaby hypocrite.
Now try to mind your own crybaby business.
Oooh... looky! My stalker actually thinks I give a f7ck what she thinks.

How cute.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177034 Sep 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Hanky is MORE believable.
Indeed... and a hell of a lot funnier too.

:D
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177035 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize your thoughts are backwards, as I mentioned you hate God too much to claim that there is no God. You have God all wrong. Your perceptions are just that, your perceptions.
Do TRY and pay attention, comprehension is extremely important, so here once again....Now pay attention......The God YOU worship, muddlers little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. I realize that your not understanding basic concepts here, but I did post that I HATE the idea of GOD, I HATE religion, i HATE what religion does to people. These claims are in your bible, you really should pick it up and read it sometimes, there is just some horrendous shit in there.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177036 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your reading comprehension fails you.
Condescending and belittling comment noted.

It's your stock-and-trade.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Preceding calling me a moron with what is the most idiotic statement I have ever read, "religions have no interest in science".
You **are** a moron. But nevermind that-- religion is not interested in science.

Fundamentally, religion and science cannot peacefully co-exist.

Because science **must** follow where the facts and evidence lead-- even if that trail proves religion's claims false.

Religion is not interested in either fact OR evidence. It will manufacture whatever it needs to keep going, as proven by the many legends and myths surrounding religion.

So my statement was valid--- and you **are** a moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177037 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I was trying to be nice. I know it did not seem that way.
You are 100% incapable of being either nice or fair.

It's literally not something you are capable of.

Your condescending and hate-filled attitude overwhelms your efforts.

Typical.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177038 Sep 10, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that you just admitted that God exists, albeit with a statement of a lie in doing so, but it is wonderful to see you contradict yourself and all of your unfriendly atheist cohorts.
Did you know that comprehension is very important in reading someone's post. Exactly where did I admit that God exists? I said......once again for the children......The God YOU WORSHIP.

So you think what I posted is a lie? Really. So,let me hear you say God DID NOT murder innocent little babies and destroy unborn fetuses, go ahead.....I dare you!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177039 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I think had you posted that years ago, the atheist bloggers at Delphi Forum or youtube, would have requested your silence.
Condescending and hate-filled commentary noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177040 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
The statement is stupid, but for a Western Atheist to post that. It is like having your 8 year old, grade school attending child come home, and find out he does not recognize the "ABCs" he does not know alpha bet. You really have no business discussing this topic at all. If you were wise you'd move on into something more cheerful.
You say it's "stupid".

Yet?

In your entire wall-o-words?

YOU DID NOT WRITE A SINGLE REASON WHY YOU THINK SO!

Other than your hateful rhetoric....

....!!!

Wow.

That is a new record even for YOU...!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Robert F 539,563
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 734,047
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 173,312
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min Jim Justice 118,133
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 45 min please help me 46
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 258,216
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 1 hr dobryidrug 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••