Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254916 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176910 Sep 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Look up the word "ideology" and try to say that again, with a straight face.
Sure, right after you look up the definition of RELIGION!!!

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176912 Sep 9, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't hatered of god (you can't hate something that does not exist)
Overall I would agree with your statement, however my claim stands those that post online are most often God haters. Those that post gawd prove this point right away. With in my complete post you responded to, I claimed online Atheist do not represent all atheist. Even though when address on this they do claim they do, and I am making up forms of atheism. An atheist that does give it little to no thought, would never try to change your mind unless you directly requested it. That is an atheist. I would respect that person's debate that he or she has no faith. If you wish to structure society with your beliefs, you belong to a religion.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#176913 Sep 9, 2013
Cristianity means hatered of everything and everyone that isn't a christian of the right sect

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#176914 Sep 9, 2013
Your mental issues disallow you to understand that no cosmologist or any other scientist can tell you how the universe came to be, as in ultimate causation.

Only the methodology of how it got assembled.

It is your imagination that they say we popped into existence from nothing, and your belief in such magic.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176915 Sep 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, right after you look up the definition of RELIGION!!!
re·li·gion
[ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA

noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.

the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176916 Sep 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
re·li·gion
[ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith
For some Atheist 5 out of the above 5 are true. Note in 1. The word especially not as you claim the word only would belong there.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176918 Sep 9, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
however, your mental issues disallow you to realize that there is no supernatural, and no scientist has ever said we popped into existence from nothing....there is no such thing as "nothing".... matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed...basic law of science...
As long as there are questions humans can not answer there is super natural.

Rocky Ford, CO

#176919 Sep 9, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
however, your mental issues disallow you to realize that there is no supernatural, and no scientist has ever said we popped into existence from nothing....there is no such thing as "nothing".... matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed...basic law of science...
Uh huh. That's why I told him its in his imagination.

Your reference to matter and energy is a little skewed. It can not be created or destroyed in this universe that started with the BB. According to the science of our time. But then the creation of it may be in question due to the further expansion of this universe.

The observations and determinations by modern physicists is we are a seed that went through a sort of imbibition and then started expanding, "growing" if you wish, and getting ever more complex as it goes on.

Something planted the seed or laid the egg.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#176920 Sep 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as there are questions humans can not answer there is super natural.
Nope, but there are unanswered questions.

We once thought lightening was supernatural. But nope it happens when...
negative charged electrons in a cloud are attracted to positive charged protons in the ground, and enough of them accumulate in a spot to overcome the insulating resistance in the air between them.
Then they jump toward each other, sending a surge of electrons into the ground. We see the flash of energy and while this charge heats the air along their paths. Causing it to expand rapidly making the sound of thunder.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#176921 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. That's why I told him its in his imagination.
Your reference to matter and energy is a little skewed. It can not be created or destroyed in this universe that started with the BB. According to the science of our time. But then the creation of it may be in question due to the further expansion of this universe.
The observations and determinations by modern physicists is we are a seed that went through a sort of imbibition and then started expanding, "growing" if you wish, and getting ever more complex as it goes on.
Something planted the seed or laid the egg.
So you think..... a cosmic big bird, laid an egg?
Was it yellow?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#176923 Sep 9, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
And...one more...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-130...

...for those NOT well read.

Idjit.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#176924 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
...Your reference to matter and energy is a little skewed. It can not be created or destroyed in this universe that started with the BB. According to the science of our time....
Really? I thought the atom bomb was an example of created a whole lot of energy...

Rocky Ford, CO

#176925 Sep 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nope, but there are unanswered questions.
We once thought lightening was supernatural. But nope it happens when...
negative charged electrons in a cloud are attracted to positive charged protons in the ground, and enough of them accumulate in a spot to overcome the insulating resistance in the air between them.
Then they jump toward each other, sending a surge of electrons into the ground. We see the flash of energy and while this charge heats the air along their paths. Causing it to expand rapidly making the sound of thunder.
You need dust and particles in the air for the bolt to hit ground. Sets up a path of lesser resistance. Why it forks so much.

That is the most common lightning. Blue sky lightning does the opposite and is 10 times hotter. You can get hit 20 miles away from the storm. That can appeal to your supernatural instincts.

Rocky Ford, CO

#176926 Sep 9, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I thought the atom bomb was an example of created a whole lot of energy...
That was a conversion. A release of energy within mass. Unwinding atoms.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#176927 Sep 9, 2013
Fair comment. E=mc^2 and all that.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a conversion. A release of energy within mass. Unwinding atoms.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176928 Sep 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think the details of this post you made here, is why you are so frequently mocked on topix.
Only by hate-filled bigots who cannot muster up actual arguments.

Like.....you.

But thanks for playing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176929 Sep 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
It is clear you don't respect the sciences of a major civilization and the census thoughts of thousands of years of monastery knowledge.
LOL!

"sciences" of ... "monastery knowledge"....????

THAT IS HILARIOUS... seriously.

Religion has no interest in science.

You **are** a moron.

There: I called you a name-- but you deserve it fully.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176930 Sep 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you, taking an option not to vote for a group of people due to their idea is not any form of bigotry.
No-- but your constant belittling of me, your constant miss-use of my name, your constant telling me I'm sub-human?

That **is** hate-- and it's what you do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176931 Sep 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bob...
Oh looky! My stalker is back from rehab!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176932 Sep 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob and many online Atheist don't get. If you hate God, you believe in God. It is so unfair on many levels they represent atheism to so many people.
I do not hate god, you idiot.

I do detest god-lovers, though.

Why?

The fictional god they imagine is always-- without fail-- a reflection of their worst attributes.

A monster, in short.

Your imaginary god is no different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Darwins Stepchild 28,932
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Insults Are Easier 968,810
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Card Carrying Zio... 181,915
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Pegasus 280,490
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min Peace_Warrior 618,201
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 59 min MUQ2 4,758
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,181
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 637,681
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 3 hr Paul is dead 3,671
More from around the web