Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

LCNLin

United States

#176858 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he also commits Genocide and involves himself in blood sacrifice....whats the matter, cat got your tongue? His favorite past time?......sitting with folded hands ignoring the prayers of parents who children are dying from starvation and disease.
I think we can assume one of two things here, either he/she/it doesn't exist, or as George Carlin said."Just maybe he doesn't give a shit." Pick one, I'll take number one, and you?
atheist religion seems mumbo jumbo to most Americans.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#176859 Sep 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's more of a "movement", i.e.,...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-2...
..."Praise nothingness and don't forget to pass the donation plate!"
Even the belief in nothing is not free. ;)
Feel free to gloat, you have every right to do so. As an atheist, I find this acutely embarrassing. WTF are they thinking? Idiots...

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#176860 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you I don't make my life's work doing such. People with unsupported beliefs are dangerous, if you don't know that then you have your head up your ass.
You have said all I need to hear about your feelings of self-worth, that you are just another *little creature* running around at the direction of a higher power. A higher power for which you have absolutely no evidence, which makes your view all the more pathetic.
No wonder your life has sucked so much, you feel that you have no value at all, sad indeed. I don't need to cope with something that is non-existent, how foolish of you to suggest that. You do know what it is t be an Atheist right? No higher power, no God thingy, no magic, just good old science and science facts, thats all anyone needs, unless they have their minds all cluttered up with magical shit that can't be justified, or proved.
It's been a curious experience knowing your thoughts, I really never believed anyone could feel so worthless and not be embarrassed by it, but you seem to flaunt it, very curious indeed.
I was an atheist for almost 50 years and I didn't feel the way you do.

You flat have an ego issue.

Hey, my life is not so pathetic. Like I said, I got where I can help an illustrious individual such as yourself expose himself for the egotistical idiot he is. That's something, isn't it? A David and Goliath thingy?

You developed your ego, loony. I developed my brain.

But they will both turn to dust when we leave.
LCNLin

United States

#176861 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you I don't make my life's work doing such. People with unsupported beliefs are dangerous, if you don't know that then you have your head up your ass.
You have said all I need to hear about your feelings of self-worth, that you are just another *little creature* running around at the direction of a higher power. A higher power for which you have absolutely no evidence, which makes your view all the more pathetic.
No wonder your life has sucked so much, you feel that you have no value at all, sad indeed. I don't need to cope with something that is non-existent, how foolish of you to suggest that. You do know what it is t be an Atheist right? No higher power, no God thingy, no magic, just good old science and science facts, thats all anyone needs, unless they have their minds all cluttered up with magical shit that can't be justified, or proved.
It's been a curious experience knowing your thoughts, I really never believed anyone could feel so worthless and not be embarrassed by it, but you seem to flaunt it, very curious indeed.
"People with unsupported beliefs are dangerous..."
People who do not accept Your ideas?

Atheism is old hat Greek Philosophy
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176862 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
atheist religion seems mumbo jumbo to most Americans.
Just as I suspected, another Christian coward, unwilling or most likely unable to justify their Gods insane cruelty. Personally every time one of them avoids the issue of their Gods cruelty especially toward innocent little babies, I think they are totally embarrassed and KNOW this cruelty exists.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#176863 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, my life is not so pathetic. Like I said, I got where I can help an illustrious individual such as yourself expose himself for the egotistical idiot he is. That's something, isn't it? A David and Goliath thingy?

Maybe we can put them together as a team , we'll call ya the dust bunny's. lol

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#176864 Sep 8, 2013
I know, my friend. That is how some of them are-they do not wish to open their eyes to the truth.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176865 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So after 50 years you decided to suspend all critical thinking? You decided that skepticism was abad idea? You thought reason and logic were worthless? What happened, did apparition suddenly appear to you one fine night, and convince you that critical thinking was a bad idea? Yeah, right, you were an Atheist for 50 years, righto!!!!

My ego is well developed, it happen very early on when I realized that is how one succeeds in the field I'm in. I've seen the "melvin milk toast" evaporate like the morning fog, from this business. No one gets to succeed without struttin their stuff.

Yes we will both turn to dust, the difference between us is that I will live on in not only the creativity I leave behind, but in the people I have influenced. They in turn will past that on, and on, and on. In some way I do get to live forever, or at least until the sun blows up!!!!

La Veta, CO

#176866 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we can put them together as a team , we'll call ya the dust bunny's. lol
LOL

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#176867 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So after 50 years you decided to suspend all critical thinking? You decided that skepticism was abad idea? You thought reason and logic were worthless? What happened, did apparition suddenly appear to you one fine night, and convince you that critical thinking was a bad idea? Yeah, right, you were an Atheist for 50 years, righto!!!!
My ego is well developed, it happen very early on when I realized that is how one succeeds in the field I'm in. I've seen the "melvin milk toast" evaporate like the morning fog, from this business. No one gets to succeed without struttin their stuff.
Yes we will both turn to dust, the difference between us is that I will live on in not only the creativity I leave behind, but in the people I have influenced. They in turn will past that on, and on, and on. In some way I do get to live forever, or at least until the sun blows up!!!!
Dave panicked in his old age.

He became a coward.

He is worried that there may indeed be a lake of fire.

He wimped out.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176868 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"People with unsupported beliefs are dangerous..."
People who do not accept Your ideas?
Atheism is old hat Greek Philosophy
Not what I said, do try and pay attention, I said..."people with unsupported beliefs" would that be you? Do you believe in something or some one and have no evidence for their existence? If so thats an unsupported belief. I really shouldn't have to explain such an obvious concept to you. Do try harder!!!

La Veta, CO

#176869 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So after 50 years you decided to suspend all critical thinking? You decided that skepticism was abad idea? You thought reason and logic were worthless? What happened, did apparition suddenly appear to you one fine night, and convince you that critical thinking was a bad idea? Yeah, right, you were an Atheist for 50 years, righto!!!!
You just running scared, Bubba.

I changed by looking how the world is put together according to science.

You can't even begin to comprehend my perception of the higher power. I have trouble myself. It certainly isn't the skydaddy you can't escape the perception of. I'm just another tool. Maybe I will get used again, maybe not. Just enjoying the ride the best I can, and listening to GOOD music that comes from the soul of that greater being through other tools. I get laid once in a while,too. As Solomon said, a man can only be happy with the fruits of his labors, all else is folly. Calloused hands are as good as blubber lips blowing a horn.

La Veta, CO

#176870 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave panicked in his old age.
He became a coward.
He is worried that there may indeed be a lake of fire.
He wimped out.
Wimped out?

Dave sees no reason to fight and scratch to live. Why do you?

I just do what I am directed to do. The rest will take care of its self. Dave is a meek person.

I will let those of you that do the second guessing settle your own accounts.

Catcher1

United States

#176871 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You just running scared, Bubba.
I changed by looking how the world is put together according to science.
You can't even begin to comprehend my perception of the higher power. I have trouble myself. It certainly isn't the skydaddy you can't escape the perception of. I'm just another tool. Maybe I will get used again, maybe not. Just enjoying the ride the best I can, and listening to GOOD music that comes from the soul of that greater being through other tools. I get laid once in a while,too. As Solomon said, a man can only be happy with the fruits of his labors, all else is folly. Calloused hands are as good as blubber lips blowing a horn.
No, you are afraid.

So you are taking Pascal's wager.

Wordsworth did it too.

You're in good company.

La Veta, CO

#176872 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are afraid.
So you are taking Pascal's wager.
Wordsworth did it too.
You're in good company.
Do you really, really think you are capable of badgering me?

You are amusing.

Catcher1

United States

#176873 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really, really think you are capable of badgering me?
You are amusing.
No intent to badger.

Just expressing my view.

Just as you express yours.

La Veta, CO

#176874 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No intent to badger.
Just expressing my view.
Just as you express yours.
But my view is usually right, yours are based on what you think is right.

Your playing moralist and knowing you are righteous and right will not get you into heaven, Catcher.

Catcher1

United States

#176875 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your playing moralist and knowing you are righteous and right will not get you into heaven, Catcher.
I don't seek heaven.

Heaven is for wimps.

La Veta, CO

#176876 Sep 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't seek heaven.
Heaven is for wimps.
Good for you. Whatever trips your trigger.

No sweat off anyone else's ass what you wind up doing when you die.

Except for those wanting what you leave. That includes governments.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#176877 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes the key, right?

Do you have the key, Dave?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Bongo 16,324
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Michael 683,799
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Gabriel 983,121
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr real 33,212
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 5 hr common sense 19
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 7 hr Disappointed US V... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
More from around the web