Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
169,481 - 169,500 of 226,341 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176671 Sep 7, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-respect, honesty, integrity. That's a start.
I really don't see that in their online post. I see very antisocial tendencies. I would be amazed if you could have quality social gatherings. Overall it would be unfair to judge atheist just by their online sort. There is a chance you are a noisy minority amongst a minority, instead of just being a noisy minority.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176672 Sep 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure horseshit.
Topix atheists are nothing but reactions to the mainstream, just like anarchists. They create their own brand of righteousness. Like anarchists they will flock together and try to destroy the mainstream. If they succeed they then destroy each other.
It takes middle ground to be a freethinker and the above you claimed.
The more I think about it, the more certain I am that they are 400+ pound guy that never leaves his room. Everything is to blame besides them taking a walk, and slowing down on the eating. I don't get how you post what you do and expect them to do anything but deny the facts. I came to this tread because I saw it as the time they explain. The truth is no one could prove according to the standards they suggest, and that does include them, themselves. Being a person of personal beliefs, I don't see how you could hand the prove you could hold as they seek. In my opinion the face it is written of cave walls, "The story of Adam and Eve.".... Momma Mia, how do you fold your arms and say "That's nothing" The proof is every where to post a blog online to such a sort, is a pure waste of time.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176673 Sep 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion needs to be taken away like one would take away an AK-47 from a terrorist.
I would take a Muslim society over an Atheist society.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#176674 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I think about it, the more certain I am that they are 400+ pound guy that never leaves his room. Everything is to blame besides them taking a walk, and slowing down on the eating. I don't get how you post what you do and expect them to do anything but deny the facts. I came to this tread because I saw it as the time they explain. The truth is no one could prove according to the standards they suggest, and that does include them, themselves. Being a person of personal beliefs, I don't see how you could hand the prove you could hold as they seek. In my opinion the face it is written of cave walls, "The story of Adam and Eve.".... Momma Mia, how do you fold your arms and say "That's nothing" The proof is every where to post a blog online to such a sort, is a pure waste of time.
They are foils to make you think for yourself. Tools for self improvement.

No, they don't present anything coherent or rational. What they present is nothing more than what many believers have considered in their youth and moved on from. But reading those simple thoughts and witnessing the immaturity of that thought helps revisit your own thinking process and make corrections.

They aren't worth pissing on, but they do serve some purpose. The Creator made junk and fertilizer for a purpose.

Onward through the fog.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176675 Sep 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They are foils to make you think for yourself. Tools for self improvement.
No, they don't present anything coherent or rational. What they present is nothing more than what many believers have considered in their youth and moved on from. But reading those simple thoughts and witnessing the immaturity of that thought helps revisit your own thinking process and make corrections.
They aren't worth pissing on, but they do serve some purpose. The Creator made junk and fertilizer for a purpose.
Onward through the fog.
To spread atheism, would never make sense to me. I don't see how they can't see it is not positive.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176676 Sep 7, 2013
Toby wrote:
The Bible belt also leads in divorces and illiteracy. South Carolina is the only Bible belt state with a lower rate of divorces than the national average, all the other Bible belt states have a higher divorce rate than the national average. Also bible belt state lead in teen pregnancies, must be those damn bible belt atheist huh?
thats how evil ChristINSANITY works

Several weeks ago, a ground-breaking study on religious belief and social well-being was published in the Journal of Religion & Society. Comparing 18 prosperous democracies from the U.S. to New Zealand, author Gregory S Paul quietly demolished the myth that faith strengthens society.

Drawing on a wide range of studies to cross-match faith – measured by belief in God and acceptance of evolution – with homicide and intimate behavior, Paul found that secular societies have lower rates of violence and teenage pregnancy than societies where many people profess belief in God.

Top of the class, in both atheism and good behavior, come the Japanese. Over eighty percent accept evolution and fewer than ten percent are certain that God exists. Despite its size – over a hundred million people – Japan is one of the least crime-prone countries in the world. It also has the lowest rates of teenage pregnancy of any developed nation.

Next in line are the Norwegians, British, Germans and Dutch. At least sixty percent accept evolution as a fact and fewer than one in three are convinced that there is a deity.

At the other end of the scale comes America. Over 50 percent of Americans believe in God, and only 40 percent accept some form of evolution (many believe it had a helping hand from the Deity). The U.S. has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy and homicide rates are at least five times greater than in Europe and ten times higher than in Japan.

All this information points to a strong correlation between faith and antisocial behavior -- a correlation so strong that there is good reason to suppose that religious belief does more harm than good.

At first glance that is a preposterous suggestion, given that religions preach non-violence and intimate restraint. However, close inspection reveals a different story.

All believers learn that God holds them responsible for their actions. So far so good, but for many, belief absolves them of all other responsibilities.
Consciously or subconsciously, those who are "born again" or "chosen" have diminished respect for others who do not share their sect or their faith. Convinced that only the Bible offers "truth", they lose their intellectual curiosity and their ability to reason. Their priority becomes not the world they live in but themselves.

The more people prioritize themselves rather than those around them, the weaker society becomes and the greater the likelihood of antisocial behavior.
Hence gun laws which encourage Americans to see each other not as fellow human beings who deserve protection, but as potential aggressors who deserve to die.

As for sex… Faith encourages ignorance rather than responsible behavior. In other countries, sex education includes contraception, reducing the risk of unwanted pregnancies. Such an approach recognizes that young people have the right to make their own choices and helps them make decisions that benefit society as a whole.
In America faith-driven abstinence programs deny them that right
. The result is soaring rates of unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.

Despite all its fine words, religion has brought in its wake little more than violence, prejudice and intimate disease.

i think this shatters the thinking that morality is lost when societies become secular.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#176677 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
To spread atheism, would never make sense to me. I don't see how they can't see it is not positive.
They can't see beyond themselves. They are clones programmed to repeat.

Psychosis and neurosis with an outlet. Misfiring neurons bouncing off a screen that the mass mind can now see thanks to the its development of the internet. Out of the woodwork and into the light for all to see.

Amusing. This whole Topstories forum seldom goes over 2000 readers and posters, usually just a few hundred. That includes other threads without atheism. They think a few of those few hundred is a majority of thought. They are on the march to world dominion. Their rants will convince the world of the evil of its ways.

The disease is getting identified and isolated on the internet.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#176679 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. You love to murder people.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176680 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, be prepared to stop what you're doing two or three time a day, spread out your little rug, and get on your knees and pray. Hope you're not on the golf course when its time to grovel. Lets hope your daughter, granddaughter, or any other female you know doesn't get caught having premarital sex, if so you will have the pleasure of watching them buried up to the neck and having their head pulverized with rocks. Oh, and no more movies or T.V. shows that have suggestive sexual content, pretty much rules out everything. And I do think your wife is going to look just fantastic in her new Burka. Hope you don't own a pool, or spend time at the beach, she's gong to suffer immensely when it's 85-90% out, but hey, at least you're not part of that horrid Atheistic society where the most important thing is skepticism and free thinking. A society free from divisiveness and cruelty to those who think differently than you. Why would you even want to be a part of a society that DOES'NT have a celestial dictator peering into your most private thoughts ready to convict you of thought crimes. It would be horrible to belong to a society were you are NOT considered a miserable sinner and must repent for the rest ofyour life. Why would any one want to be a part of a society were blindly accepting things without evidence, and believing in mythical being a magical events, is completely unacceptable. Yes you're right, after examining both societies the Muslim society seems so much more attractive.

BTW once you're in, there is no getting out, the punishment for not believing or rejecting Allah is DEATH. Also be prepared to spend some serious time studying the Koran!!!!!
haven0t forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#176681 Sep 7, 2013
maybe that guy would like to volunteer to go to the middle east and live amidst one Muslim group or another. maybe we could give him the choice between assan and aq.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Cool, be prepared to stop what you're doing two or three time a day, spread out your little rug, and get on your knees and pray. Hope you're not on the golf course when its time to grovel. Lets hope your daughter, granddaughter, or any other female you know doesn't get caught having premarital sex, if so you will have the pleasure of watching them buried up to the neck and having their head pulverized with rocks. Oh, and no more movies or T.V. shows that have suggestive sexual content, pretty much rules out everything. And I do think your wife is going to look just fantastic in her new Burka. Hope you don't own a pool, or spend time at the beach, she's gong to suffer immensely when it's 85-90% out, but hey, at least you're not part of that horrid Atheistic society where the most important thing is skepticism and free thinking. A society free from divisiveness and cruelty to those who think differently than you. Why would you even want to be a part of a society that DOES'NT have a celestial dictator peering into your most private thoughts ready to convict you of thought crimes. It would be horrible to belong to a society were you are NOT considered a miserable sinner and must repent for the rest ofyour life. Why would any one want to be a part of a society were blindly accepting things without evidence, and believing in mythical being a magical events, is completely unacceptable. Yes you're right, after examining both societies the Muslim society seems so much more attractive.
BTW once you're in, there is no getting out, the punishment for not believing or rejecting Allah is DEATH. Also be prepared to spend some serious time studying the Koran!!!!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176682 Sep 7, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Cather, Quaalude Bob, lagoon.
Hate speech noted.

Your Jewsus(jesus) would be so proud of your display of hate.

Right?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176683 Sep 7, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are moralist stuck on AIDS anyway, almost 40 % of all new cases of AIDS in America is heterosexual exposer and has nothing to do with homosexual activity or atheism. Atheism is a non sequitur in the discussion of HIV exposure, in developing countries HIV is a heterosexual epidemic and even if you look at the amount of STD's in America the Bible belt has some of the highest STD rates in the entire country.
Indeed: the BuyBull(bible) Belt is also the highest rate of teen pregnancies.

It must be all that ignorance Bible Believers™ spread around...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176684 Sep 7, 2013
Toby wrote:
The Bible belt also leads in divorces and illiteracy. South Carolina is the only Bible belt state with a lower rate of divorces than the national average, all the other Bible belt states have a higher divorce rate than the national average. Also bible belt state lead in teen pregnancies, must be those damn bible belt atheist huh?
Indeed... you are spot-on.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176685 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Priest that molest children are the minority.
Sadly? That turns out **not** to be the case...

... but even if it were but ONE?

That was KEPT FROM LAWFUL JUSTICE?

That would be one too many.
Robert Stevens wrote:
The majority are very good and helpful people to their society.
Sadly, that **also** turns out not to be the case-- they are busy fleecing their communities and abusing their flock.

It's part of the same old same old religious scam, unchanged for centuries.
Robert Stevens wrote:
I am not against punishing those that do break this law, and the cover up is bad. If I was Catholic I would joint the new forming group, the denounces this child abuse.
But the church HID IT instead--and continues to pay HUSH MONEY.

It's one sick institution, that ought to be taken down.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176686 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr you can't prove anything what is the name of this tread. "Atheism requires as much faith as religion." An honestly, I can't prove to you via hypnosis because you do not have a soul. You could read Dr Michael Newton for yourself. Destiny of Souls. It would be irresponsible for a hypnotherapist to have a past life regression with an atheist, or Atheist.
I have proven several times, that an **omniscient** god cannot possibly exist.

And **certainly** an all-good god DOES NOT-- too much preventable EVIL.

That leaves a limited semi-god at **best**. Why bother?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176687 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather be full of myself than atheist. It is a sad ending you will have. Mine will be a new beginning. I don't understand why you ever discuss yours. It belongs in a locked closet.
Yours will be oblivion.

Just like every one else-- your massive EGO notwithstanding.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176688 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have proven that I do, and I don't care if drones like yourself deny it.
No-- you cannot prove you have a soul.

And?

Just based on your constant display of HATE?

You have nothing GOOD within you, either....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176689 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't see that in their online post. I see very antisocial tendencies.
Indeed.... you really should quit looking in the mirror-- you are one of the most antisocial people I've run across on Topix.

Seriously-- and I've seen people that makes Westburough seem tame...

(yes, they were eventually banned... so what?)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176690 Sep 7, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Saudi Arabia awaits.

Please get on the next plane... and take your bigotry with you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176691 Sep 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Cool, be prepared to stop what you're doing two or three time a day, spread out your little rug, and get on your knees and pray. Hope you're not on the golf course when its time to grovel. Lets hope your daughter, granddaughter, or any other female you know doesn't get caught having premarital sex, if so you will have the pleasure of watching them buried up to the neck and having their head pulverized with rocks. Oh, and no more movies or T.V. shows that have suggestive sexual content, pretty much rules out everything. And I do think your wife is going to look just fantastic in her new Burka. Hope you don't own a pool, or spend time at the beach, she's gong to suffer immensely when it's 85-90% out, but hey, at least you're not part of that horrid Atheistic society where the most important thing is skepticism and free thinking. A society free from divisiveness and cruelty to those who think differently than you. Why would you even want to be a part of a society that DOES'NT have a celestial dictator peering into your most private thoughts ready to convict you of thought crimes. It would be horrible to belong to a society were you are NOT considered a miserable sinner and must repent for the rest ofyour life. Why would any one want to be a part of a society were blindly accepting things without evidence, and believing in mythical being a magical events, is completely unacceptable. Yes you're right, after examining both societies the Muslim society seems so much more attractive.
I am sure the same goes on behind the iron curtains that atheist based governments form. As usual you present the worse details of a religious group. Yes, Muslim societies are more attractive than atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min seriously the ori... 538,954
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Seraphima 599,912
Word association game (Aug '08) 15 min andet1987 53,253
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Chris Clearwater 173,282
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 20 min repeat offender 4,150
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 23 min WasteWater 4,335
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min WasteWater 94,672
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min It aint necessari... 732,990
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search