Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#176815 Sep 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, I don't hate Atheist, I just don't want them to be "The Keepers of The Program." I am against them having political power. I think they would fold to populist power. It would be like the former Soviet Union. The message they spread really is bad also. It is no wonder their society are clearly Godless.
Neo-atheists are mad dogs.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176816 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much for displaying the old fogey stuck in his training and perceptions wishing to impose his archaic sense of what is right and proper on subsequent generations I said you were.
You wish to squelch youth and advancement, and enslave them to YOUR training. Those youngin's are playing nature, you are playing strict accordance to the rules you were taught.
And you claim to be an atheist and a freethinker. And oh so hip. You would make a better fundie Baptist preacher. You missed your calling.
Tsk...
Really, involving yourself in a conversation you know nothing about is rather stupid. You're way out of your league here. It's like someone arguing with a neurosurgeon over a surgical procedure.

For those who truly enjoy the beauty and imagery that music has to offer, certain parameters are extremely important. There are two essential elements in any kind of music, makes no difference if it's classical, jazz, pop, rock and roll, or your pukebucket, those two elements are MELODY and HARMONY. If either one is missing then the descriptive elements are non-existent, at least the complex descriptive elements. I suppose you can have someone beating two rocks together and chanting and this will create some kind of imagery or emotional response, but strictly on an elementary level. Those who actually value the art form need so much more than that.

You are a shallow listener as are most mundane folks, they appreciate the old cream pie right in the kisser, can't be bothered with more involved and complex music. It takes a highly intelligent mind to decipher the beauty and complexity of higher forms of music, apparently you lack that intelligence, or are just to lazy to explore.

I'm sure that 98% of people prefer the "cream pie"in the kisser, people after all are pretty lazy as evidence by the success of "fast food" ATM's, pizza deliveries. Have you watched T.V lately, completely mindless bullshit geared to the general public who will have nothing to do with anything thought provoking, yeah thats right, the same brain dead that listen to pukebucket.

Thankfully there are still a great number of sophisticated people who enjoy the elegance and beauty of well thought out music, these are the people I deal with, and these are the musical principals I impress on my students.

Now go order your McDonald's happy meal, flip on some mindless T.V show, punch up your favor mind numbing Pukebucket song, and leave the elegance and sophistication to those with superior intellects.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#176817 Sep 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, I don't hate Atheist, I just don't want them to be "The Keepers of The Program." I am against them having political power. I think they would fold to populist power. It would be like the former Soviet Union. The message they spread really is bad also. It is no wonder their society are clearly Godless.
So you are a christard bigot and hater and liar! with religion you get the dark ages and nazism
Troll eater extraordinair

Södertälje, Sweden

#176818 Sep 8, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>09Sep13.....Both yourself and BobOfQuantumFaith must be sitting in the same phew.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Your head is full of shit!
LCNLin

United States

#176819 Sep 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a christard bigot and hater and liar! with religion you get the dark ages and nazism
Sweden rejects atheism.
You are amusing

La Veta, CO

#176820 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Really, involving yourself in a conversation you know nothing about is rather stupid. You're way out of your league here. It's like someone arguing with a neurosurgeon over a surgical procedure.
For those who truly enjoy the beauty and imagery that music has to offer, certain parameters are extremely important. There are two essential elements in any kind of music, makes no difference if it's classical, jazz, pop, rock and roll, or your pukebucket, those two elements are MELODY and HARMONY. If either one is missing then the descriptive elements are non-existent, at least the complex descriptive elements. I suppose you can have someone beating two rocks together and chanting and this will create some kind of imagery or emotional response, but strictly on an elementary level. Those who actually value the art form need so much more than that.
You are a shallow listener as are most mundane folks, they appreciate the old cream pie right in the kisser, can't be bothered with more involved and complex music. It takes a highly intelligent mind to decipher the beauty and complexity of higher forms of music, apparently you lack that intelligence, or are just to lazy to explore.
I'm sure that 98% of people prefer the "cream pie"in the kisser, people after all are pretty lazy as evidence by the success of "fast food" ATM's, pizza deliveries. Have you watched T.V lately, completely mindless bullshit geared to the general public who will have nothing to do with anything thought provoking, yeah thats right, the same brain dead that listen to pukebucket.
Thankfully there are still a great number of sophisticated people who enjoy the elegance and beauty of well thought out music, these are the people I deal with, and these are the musical principals I impress on my students.
Now go order your McDonald's happy meal, flip on some mindless T.V show, punch up your favor mind numbing Pukebucket song, and leave the elegance and sophistication to those with superior intellects.
"I suppose you can have someone beating two rocks together and chanting and this will create some kind of imagery or emotional response, but strictly on an elementary level. Those who actually value the art form need so much more than that."

Elitism through "educational" indoctrination.

An artifical world.

Two rocks beat together can be better background while doing some things than listening to your blaring away on a trumpet with your interpretation of what is "good" music.

If it sounds OK, it is OK. If it sounds good, it is good.

Buckethead has some serious fans, and more than you do. His music appeals to a wider base.

You have your loyal audience at the park. As long as you bring the peanuts.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176822 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"I suppose you can have someone beating two rocks together and chanting and this will create some kind of imagery or emotional response, but strictly on an elementary level. Those who actually value the art form need so much more than that."
Elitism through "educational" indoctrination.
An artifical world.
Two rocks beat together can be better background while doing some things than listening to your blaring away on a trumpet with your interpretation of what is "good" music.
If it sounds OK, it is OK. If it sounds good, it is good.
Buckethead has some serious fans, and more than you do. His music appeals to a wider base.
You have your loyal audience at the park. As long as you bring the peanuts.
MELODY......HARMONY.......FORM .......DYNAMICS.....ORCHESTRAT ION.......PASSION.....MELODY-H ARMONY RELATIONSHIPS........OPEN-CLOS ED VOICINGS........TENSION RESOLVE.....CHROMATICISM...... ..PAN DIATONIC.......UPPER STRUCTURE TRIADS.....PEDAL POINT....Just some of the elements of real music that you will never understand or be aware of......Now how about I play something for you, something you can understand, its called its BINGO WAS HIS NAMEO!!! Ok, I'll wait until you finish your happy meal!!!!

La Veta, CO

#176823 Sep 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>MELODY......HARMONY... ....FORM.......DYNAMICS.....OR CHESTRATION.......PASSION..... MELODY-HARMONY RELATIONSHIPS........OPEN-CLOS ED VOICINGS........TENSION RESOLVE.....CHROMATICISM...... ..PAN DIATONIC.......UPPER STRUCTURE TRIADS.....PEDAL POINT....Just some of the elements of real music that you will never understand or be aware of......Now how about I play something for you, something you can understand, its called its BINGO WAS HIS NAMEO!!! Ok, I'll wait until you finish your happy meal!!!!
Jingos stay in your head longer than your trumpet blaring.

Tell you what. Bring a couple of cans of boiled peanuts and I will attend one of your park concerts. I'll just turn my deaf ear towards you. The look of bliss on my face while eating boiled peanuts and my ear turned toward you may attract another human to stop by to see what is going on, then you can say you have an audience.

Deal?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176824 Sep 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd take my delusion over you reality any day.
At least you admit when you are wrong....
Robert Stevens wrote:
Seriously all ready, why do you spread that crap, even it was true.
Aaaaaaand there it is: the hate speech oozing from everything you write....

... you **are** a credit to your hate-cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176825 Sep 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion, and while I accept it as you fact, in your world. The true statement should be, and this is by your standards. Every time you post some thing about your faith, you are going off topic. Perhaps you could suggest a topic tread that would be more towards your questioning. It's not as if I claimed fact. That is the claim that needs to be proven, your standard is backwards.
The above rant of hate is brought to you by: Genuine Faith™.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#176826 Sep 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Jingos stay in your head longer than your trumpet blaring.
Tell you what. Bring a couple of cans of boiled peanuts and I will attend one of your park concerts. I'll just turn my deaf ear towards you. The look of bliss on my face while eating boiled peanuts and my ear turned toward you may attract another human to stop by to see what is going on, then you can say you have an audience.
Deal?
Failed creationist brainwashers can't live without the atheism forum it seems.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176827 Sep 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, I don't hate Atheist, I just don't want them to be "The Keepers of The Program."
False. Nearly every post you write demonstrates your hate.

You do so with belittling name-calling.

You do so by denigrating them as a person.

You do so by **refusing** to discuss IDEAS, but instead, you attack the PERSON.

That's hate bub.

You are full of it.

La Veta, CO

#176828 Sep 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Failed creationist brainwashers can't live without the atheism forum it seems.
You're still alive?

I had hoped the maggots had already finished with you. They had 3/4th of your brain finished off the last time you were on here.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#176829 Sep 8, 2013
You're still a dozy cult, I see.

Pluto is not past Neptune.
They are at right angles to each other when compared to us or our Sun.

If only you'd used the word "farther" instead of "past", you wouldn't appear to be such a stultifying fuckwit.

But then you a religitard loser.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever figure out where Pluto is yet?
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>What percentage of the time is that wrong?
Nearly 50%.
So I don't really think you're an authority on "Pluto's place", twart.
50%. LMFAO
What a dolt!
"Is Pluto sometimes closer to us than Neptune?
Because Pluto has an orbit around the sun which is very elliptical, there are times when it crosses Neptune's orbit and is actually closer to the sun than Neptune. This happened recently during a twenty year period from 1979 to 1999. For now, Pluto is back to being farther away from the sun than Neptune. It will be more than 230 years before Pluto and Neptune trade places again. Pluto slips inside of Neptune's orbit once every 248 Earth years for a period of twenty years."
That's less then 10%.
What a nut job.
Oh and it will be 230 more years that I'm right with my comment.
Ya you sure showed me. Bawhahaha

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#176831 Sep 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If only you'd used the word "farther" instead of "past", you wouldn't appear to be such a stultifying fuckwit.
<quoted text>
Especially since Pluto is sometimes closer to the sun than Neptune.

http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/160-Is... -
Thinking

Royston, UK

#176832 Sep 8, 2013
Up which prepubescent hole?

mohammed abused a six year old.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take a Muslim society over an Atheist society.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#176833 Sep 8, 2013
Totally correct. A few percent of the time Pluto is inside Neptune's orbit.

zlmighty twart reckons Pluto is "past" Neptune even when they're on opposite sides of the Sun.

I learnt the difference between the words "past" and "farther" when I was very young. Maybe almighty twart will catch up one day.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Especially since Pluto is sometimes closer to the sun than Neptune.
http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/160-Is... -
LCNLin

United States

#176834 Sep 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
evangelistic atheists are the most amusing.
Atheism is a religion or a cult, or most likely Both!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#176836 Sep 8, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, good lord. River Tam was Alice and she freely admitted she was. Alice was for whatever reason banned. KK is now in the gay/lesbian threads. Just Google "Kitten Koder Topix".
Like I said, KK/Tam/Koder, he posts under all of those monikers and probably more.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#176837 Sep 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd take my delusion over you reality any day. Seriously all ready, why do you spread that crap, even it was true.
Ignore Bob, he's confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 42 min Mr Wiggley 52,738
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 992,274
____ TRUMP 100% in the spirit of ANTICHRIST ____ (Mar '16) 5 hr Poster Child for ... 22
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 6 hr c840xba 32
___TRUMP Already Met & Deceived by ANTICHRIST___ 6 hr Poster Child for ... 2
shuh up meathead! 8 hr Doctor REALITY 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 hr PadMark 693,440
More from around the web