Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,473)

Showing posts 169,441 - 169,460 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I could only prove it to someone with a soul.
No-- you cannot prove it at all--it's 100% bullshit and you **know** it is.

This is why you spew such vitrol onto me-- you cannot STAND the fact I call you on your bullshit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know what a Christian is. With your poor reading comprehension it would be amazing if you know anything
I know more than sufficient to brand **you** for what you are, though.

You are just full of yourself, and full of hate, too.

Proof?

9 of 10 posts you write to ME are full of your hateful words.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wise of you because you will have no afterlife.
Neither do you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

False Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki entry for Massacre: Daniel J. Harrington says the historicity of the incident is "an open question that probably can never be definitively decided";[4] Paul Maier points out that most recent biographers of Herod deny it happened.
Although consistent with other documented actions of King Herod the massacre cannot be positively verified outside of the biblical source.
Yeah that is all the moderns Mr. Copy paste. How about some ancient precedent. The biblical source is enough. Later writings assume it happened and probably had alternative sources which exclude Matthew account which did not survive history. You have zilch from the ancients which refutes. As a matter of fact it was not a good thing to print outright lies about a leader {Herod} under the Romans. They were a touchy group and there would have been repercussions.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not too late for you to learn how to read. I told you the start of the Universe can not be proven.
You made a claim-- you failed -- utterly-- to BACK your idiotic claim with actual...

... FACTS.

You do not have ANY facts, as it turns out.

So your statement is bullshit.

Just like your posts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
the Westbrook Baptist Church are to Christian online Atheist are to atheist. Because you are Godless you can't be considered a hypocrite.
They are **far** more HONEST than YOU will ever be, though.

They do not lie about their hate-- they embrace it, even.

You?

You lie about your hate-- but your constant abuse of me and others?

Proves beyond a doubt-- you are just full of hate yourself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbeliever, sound like a Steven King monster. Erases your beliefs. That is the goals of Little Red Bobbing Hood.
Hate speech noted-- you just cannot help yourself BUT to be full of hate.

Can you?

It must be your ... FAITH that makes you so evil.

Since: Sep 10

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah that is all the moderns Mr. Copy paste. How about some ancient precedent. The biblical source is enough. Later writings assume it happened and probably had alternative sources which exclude Matthew account which did not survive history. You have zilch from the ancients which refutes. As a matter of fact it was not a good thing to print outright lies about a leader {Herod} under the Romans. They were a touchy group and there would have been repercussions.
Third request.

What does the devil look like, physically?

I just don't want to make a fool of myself at the reception line.

Heeeeeeelp!

If you ignore me again I will put a hex on you.

Or maybe burn you at the stake the way you people did the "witches."

That ought to scare a christian
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>A person is given Life to honor and love and obey GOD.
To kill onself is a sin in the eyes of GOD.
Are you saying that killing is a sin in the eyes of God? Really?.........Then maybe you could clear up the confusion about your god murdering little babies and destroying unborn fetuses. Because he is a supposedly all powerful being, then there is a different criteria applied to him? It's perfectly ok for him to murder innocent little babies, and commit Genocide and infanticide? just thought you might be able to clear this up for us, thanks!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>How do you explain that MOST child sexual abuse takes place in families where the parents are atheists....like you.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What goes on in your shack we all wonder.
Tragically, studies reveal that spousal abuse is just as common within the evangelical churches as anywhere else. This means that about 25 percent of Christian homes witness abuse of some kind.

These numbers may shock you—and they certainly shocked me—so you may be wondering if the studies were done by secular researchers hostile to the church. I can assure you, sadly, they were not.

Denise George, a gifted writer and the wife of theologian Timothy George, has published a new book called What Women Wish Pastors Knew. "Spouse abuse shocks us," George writes. "We just cannot believe that a church deacon or member goes home after worship ... and beats his wife." Tragically, however, George notes, some of these men justify their violence "by citing biblical passages."

Well, obviously they're misinterpreting Scripture. In Ephesians 5:22, husbands are told to love their wives as Christ loved the church; beating wives black-and-blue hardly constitutes Christian love. 1 Peter 3:1-7 tells husbands to live with their wives considerately. And the Bible makes it clear that the church has no business closing its eyes to violent men. In 1 Timothy 3:3, the church is told that when it comes to choosing leaders, they must find men who are "not violent but gentle," sober, and temperate.

The amount of domestic abuse in Christian homes is horrifying, and the church ought to be doing something about it—not leaving the problem to secular agencies. But this is one mission field where the church is largely missing in action. And sometimes pastors, albeit with good intentions, do more harm than good.

George sites a survey in which nearly 6,000 pastors were asked how they would counsel women who came to them for help with domestic violence. Twenty-six percent would counsel them the same way Marleen's pastor did: to continue to "submit" to her husband, no matter what. Twenty-five percent told wives the abuse was their own fault—for failing to submit in the first place. Astonishingly, 50 percent said women should be willing to "tolerate some level of violence" because it is better than divorce.

Advice like this, George warns, often puts women "in grave danger"—and in some cases, can be a death warrant.

Pastors need to acknowledge that domestic abuse in the church is a problem, and learn how to counsel women wisely.

Stay tuned for more on this subject—one the church has not said enough about.

Obviously, Christians must uphold the sanctity of marriage. But we should never ignore the dangers of violent spouses—men who use the Bible to justify abusing, and even killing, their wives.

*This article published April 20, 2009.

Now don't you feel completely stupid.

I think it is now time for you to post your documentation that *MOST* sexual abuse takes place in families were then parents are Atheists. Do it, as it's the responsible thing to do, otherwise admit that you're just being mean spirited, and lying your ass off. I'll wait!!!

BTW the above article is from RELIGION TODAY!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Cather, Quaalude Bob, lagoon. You guys should be hanging out in the gay thread. Read some gay guy passed on HIV to 300 others. Then they think Christians are their enemies for telling them the truth.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/missou...
Prosecutors in rural Missouri have charged a man with exposing his partner to HIV and say he may have exposed more than 300 other people to the virus that causes AIDS.
Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/missou...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wise of you because you will have no afterlife.
No one will.

Dead is dead.

You don't even believe in that nonsense.
What idiot would stay here when they could be in Heaven ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Cather, Quaalude Bob, lagoon. You guys should be hanging out in the gay thread. Read some gay guy passed on HIV to 300 others. Then they think Christians are their enemies for telling them the truth.
<quoted text>
You don't deserve to live.
You are a hate filled POS. I am realizing that most "Topix Christians" are.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Westbrook Baptist, is what I call a noisy minority. I think they have done more harm than good towards the thoughts they champion. You may find if you attend your Atheist church. The word nature replacing the word God. I could be wrong, but I think you would lose members to The Wiccan Church. I see these two places of gathering as regional. The West coast Atheist, if one the East Coast would be a Wiccan. Some people need the gathering side of religion. It is why the online Atheist does get the satire we give them from time to time. Many of the bloggers have to have it their exact way.
I can't stand WBC... they most definitely do more harm than good with anything that they preach. I guess I am different in the fact that I have many friends so I don't miss out on socializing with anyone... I also don't feel a great need to argue my personal feelings because in the scheme of things arguing does no good for any party. I don't see anything wrong with not believing in a god (obviously because I don't and I turned out pretty good *smiles) I also don't see anything wrong with someone believing in a god... I agree with you, that many things have changed over the years and I think it's wonderful. My boyfriend is constantly telling me that my thought processes sometimes are merely a dream for a perfect world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't deserve to live.
You are a hate filled POS. I am realizing that most "Topix Christians" are.
whoa whoa whoa...I'm an atheist, but even with as hate filled as someone might be, you don't know this person personally so you should never say someone doesn't deserve to live. I'm just sayin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone passes on the HIV virus to 300 people that is because they are thoughtless human beings...it has zero to do with them being atheist. Stay on topic.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
In suppose there is a reason for you posting this although I'm not sure what that reason might be. Is there a reason you think some of us should hang out on this site? Do try and make a point otherwise you appear rather childish. Personally I think your frustrated at NOT being able to keep up with the barrage of excellent points being made, and watching your God thing topple over by this endless barrage. Your arguments on the other hand, are incredibly weak and many just pointless. Do try and do better!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone passes on the HIV virus to 300 people that is because they are thoughtless human beings...it has zero to do with them being atheist. Stay on topic.
Nowhere in the article does it mention this person as being an Atheists, so I'm not sure what reason numbnuts had for posting this.
Toby

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Nowhere in the article does it mention this person as being an Atheists, so I'm not sure what reason numbnuts had for posting this.
Why are moralist stuck on AIDS anyway, almost 40 % of all new cases of AIDS in America is heterosexual exposer and has nothing to do with homosexual activity or atheism. Atheism is a non sequitur in the discussion of HIV exposure, in developing countries HIV is a heterosexual epidemic and even if you look at the amount of STD's in America the Bible belt has some of the highest STD rates in the entire country.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
whoa whoa whoa...I'm an atheist, but even with as hate filled as someone might be, you don't know this person personally so you should never say someone doesn't deserve to live. I'm just sayin.
Sure I can say it. I just did.

I would say the same thing to a Nazi or Klansman.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 169,441 - 169,460 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

360 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 716,731
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 598,774
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 15 min andet1987 168
Why America is a beautiful nation 40 min Doctor REALITY 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min marge 530,165
Hijacked jumbo jets in exchange for the sins of... 48 min Doctor REALITY 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 49 min maro 457
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••