Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,470)

Showing posts 169,381 - 169,400 of216,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too much. Your ideas of God and The Universe sucks. You should be very happy you can't prove anything. You are more entertaining than the rest of your sort.
Hate speech and jealousy noted.

Thanks for playing: your hate marks you for what you are.

A psychopath.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ye, of poor reading comprehension, not only have I admitted I could give you no argument.
I comprehend your **hate** all too well.

All of your posts reek of your hatred for me and people like me.

You literally ooze hate with each vile word you one-finger bang-out on your detritus-encrusted keyboard. No doubt your other hand is busy underneath the desk, as your fantasizes of infintite torture boil over in your venomous and bile-dripping brain.
Robert Stevens wrote:
I have pointed out to you the argument can not begin and why.
Yes-- everyone knows you are a moron, with less education than a rabid bat.

That much was apparent the **first** time you demonstrated your near-total ignorance.

That you cannot argue? Proves to 100% that you are just delusional.
Robert Stevens wrote:
I tell you we can't have the argument because we lack the knowledge for it, and you start bobbing. Little Red Bobbing Hood fits you so good.
No-- the knowledge is there-- you are just too mindlessly stupid to grasp the consequences of the knowledge.

I posted more than one proof your god cannot possibly exist in the light of the PRESENT KNOWLEDGE.

Did you counter-that proof?

No-- you started whining and displaying your hate instead.

As in THIS monument to your hate.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Honestly your comprehension is worthy of satire.
Honestly, your hate is worthy of an FBI report, as a terrorist-wannabe.

Fortunately, your gross obesity prevents you from rolling off your overburdened couch, to be a threat to anyone.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Don't pay attention to the other idiots Dave. They are just jealous that you know more than they do.
Yeah.

That's it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have beliefs and most often because we buy into theories of a book. am assuming you are assuming my book of lies is The Bible. If so you are very wrong. If you respond to enough of my logs or post, and continue to insist I am a Christian. I have to mock your reading comprehension. I don't frown upon Christianity a you do, and I don't call anyone's book a book of lies. It is the book that is meant for THEM. In my opinion prior o the internet Atheism was a sort of religion of Philosophy. That was in their own admission, and in books of Philosophy. Great fans of Nietzsche, they took his words and perhaps found them inspiring. I could go on but why, I know you'll deny. You'd deny me my thoughts how could I believe you if you tell me that you don't have such thoughts. I can't see why Dave Nelson waste his time posting such long thought filled post.
Why would **anyone** believe you are **not** a Genuine Christhole™?

You have **all** the trappings of the severely-brain damaged.

You cannot muster up ONE (1) argument in support of your raving insanity.

You do not even TRY. You admit you cannot find ONE (1) argument.

Thus, you admit you are just a raving lunatic-- among too many just like you to count.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no reason for an atheist to have a funeral either, right?
Actually? There is--- only an **atheist** would have an **honest** mourning at the death of a loved one.

For you Genuine Christholes™? Do not you believe that the dead corpse is in **heaven**?

For a Genuine Christhole™ such as yourself, ALL FUNERALS SHOULD BE A PARTY--CELEBRATING THE NEW HEAVENLY TENANT.

Is this the case? No!

At **all** Genuine Christhole™ funerals there is MUCH wailing and MUCH bawling and whining and complaining "Oh, Why!" as anyone could imagine.

Proof?

Proof to 100% that THEY DO NOT BELIEVE FOR A SECOND IN HEAVEN.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States has found it does meet the criteria. Congratulations Atheist Church. Let me now paste the online answer to your question. Using Bing this was the first answer.
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
I agree with the United States, as I just about all ways do. Again congratulations Atheist Church.
Who gives a shyt?

There were a group of non-believers who wanted the SAME RIGHTS that True Believers™ get under our government hand-outs.

That lovely-lovely TAX EXEMPT FREE RIDE thing.

More power to'em, says I-- why not?

Tax exemption of religion is evil, really-- I'd as soon abolish the whole thing myself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have my disagreements, but I do think America is a wonderful country. I sometimes ponder if Atheist are just never ending complainers. As I read here they don't respect the good of the message of Jesus Christ. Yes, all are entitled to their opinion, but there comes a point that one becomes a folded armed pouting jerk.
Damn betcha we do not respect your "good message of jewsus crispy"

Why?

BECAUSE OF HATE-FILLED BIGOTS SUCH AS YOURSELF.

That's why.

If this "good message" begats the LIKES OF YOU?

Then it's worthless.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It ignores evidence from history, for one. When push comes to shove. That is why the problem is not with the evidence. The idea atheists are open to actual evidence is a scam. They are among the most closed minded and dogmatic anyone wants to meet.
<quoted text> If advancement on knowledge leads to atheism then they are down the wrong road. Wrong roads do not advance knowledge.
<quoted text> Not really. They had more power. A king, for example could clear up black on black crime in major cities in a heartbeat. Obama is impotent and buys bullets so people have to scramble around to try to purchase a pack of .22 shells to go squirrel hunting. Can't buy bullets. Bring back prohibition. Maybe it will work this time! <quoted text> They believed keeping careful records was important as far as genealogy. You just can't deal with history. It's pathetic.
<quoted text> A lot of females go for alpha male types. Many will drop their drawers for a politician who is married with children no problem. Forfeit their modesty and expose their behinds for filthy lucre, that happens all the time. <quoted text> All i am seeing is you marginalizing everyone who disagrees with you in order to protect your atheism.
<quoted text> Has not happened in two thousand tears. The young leave and come back all the time after they marry and have children and realize the futility of unbelief. How it really answers nothing and goes no where. The gates of hell will not prevail against the Church! Your prediction is nothing more than wishful thinking.
Speaking of HATE-FILLED JEWSUS CRISPY worshipers!

... uggg.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are under delusion thinking you are thinking totally rational. Which is why you get so upset when others see things in a different light than you.
Space doesn't get "compressed", as in getting reduced in volume, but it does get moved around. It is a volume within the created universe that shifts position within that universe, and it can also get shaped.
OK, then come up with a *test* to see who is correct. Find a prediction of your viewpoint that is not a prediction of mine and let's go and test to see what actually happens.

What predictions can be made from space 'moving around' that could actually be tested? A distortion of light passing by, perhaps?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
And I conclude contrary. I now present you with what is most likely, regardless of either one of our conclusions. The human race was made in a lab, by another form of being. Did they look like us? Maybe. More likely they viewed us as a perfect appearance. they might or might not have the answer of creator of Universe. The fact we are not the slaves of a superior elder race of intelligent beings supports my theory. I don't agree with Ufologist but, many details of the debate I do have to concede to them as being the more likely.
You have PROOF for this "creator of the universe"?

No?

Then you are full of your usual batshit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Westbrook Baptist, is what I call a noisy minority. I think they have done more harm than good towards the thoughts they champion.
Perhaps.

But they are 100% more **HONEST**, when it comes to the evil bible, than 99% of the rest of Genuine Christianity™.

The rest are just Salad Bar Christians™-- picking here and there as they see fit.

Hypocrites, in other words.

The Westbouroh bunch are far less hypocritical.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone ever told you that you are full of kaka.
Life has no meaning without GOD. If you love, learn, teach, read, listen, laugh,dance, explore it only means that within you there is a belief in a deity. Its just that you don't understand what's going on and as said before 'lack Faith' which is everything.
Hate speech noted from the Pedophile Enabler.

Thanks for playing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Your postings only confirm that there's more brains in a bottle of water.
More hate speech from a Pedophile Enabler.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>A person is given Life to honor and love and obey GOD.
To kill onself is a sin in the eyes of GOD.
So how do you explain the PEDOPHILIA rampant in your hideous Bastion Of Child Abuse?(cat'lick church)

Hmmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Don't pay attention to the other idiots Dave. They are just jealous that you know more than they do.
LOL!

How do you explain the cowardly ducking of your PREVIOUS Pedophile-in-Chief?

He cowardly ducked out, just before the Nets Of Justice were about to close in-- to reveal him for the child-abusing MONSTER we all know he is.

Hmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>This poster 'bob of quantum faith' is known within Topix to be a very hateful member.
I am **forced** to use the word "hate", every time I'm describing the likes of **you** and people **like** you.

Of course you hate that-- this is why you project your own seething hatred onto me.

But you cannot explain your Pedophile-In-Chief (pope), can you?
False Religion

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

If your god is real because we have no evidence that he does not exist, then I can say that I have no evidence that my dog can fly, and you have no evidence that my dog can not fly; therefore, I am justified in believing that my dog can fly.

This is because a flying dog is the sort of thing that can be supported with evidence (if a dog could fly, we would expect to find evidence of the dog zooming through the skies, for example), whereas one would actually expect a non-existent thing to produce no evidence whatsoever. Thus, in the case of non-existence, the absence of evidence is exactly what we would expect to observe.

If God wants humans to believe in him and to follow his will, then he would deliver his message directly, and not leave it up to fallible, sinful humans to deliver an endless plethora of confused and contradictory messages. If God is in fact a supremely powerful being who wants us to set things right and wants to prevent us from getting things even more wrong, then he should have made his views eminently clear to us all. If he has not given the strong evidence required by his desire to have us believe in him, then he clearly does not exist

There should therefore be no more confusion about which religion or doctrine is true than there is about the fundamentals of medicine, engineering, physics, chemistry, etc. But that is manifestly not the case, and even believers in God cannot agree on the content of God's message. Therefore, either God is telling them different things (either deliberately or otherwise), which seems unlikely, or there is no God.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then come up with a *test* to see who is correct. Find a prediction of your viewpoint that is not a prediction of mine and let's go and test to see what actually happens.
What predictions can be made from space 'moving around' that could actually be tested? A distortion of light passing by, perhaps?
An expanding universe? Objects have the same relative positions but the distance increases?

But maybe this one.

Find a material object that can "block" a magnetic flow or flux. Not shunt or redirect, but block. Then find why flux lines can't cross each other. Then find a magnetic "particle".

What would you have left?

Magnetic fields can do some serious work. Ask your vacuum cleaner.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
An expanding universe? Objects have the same relative positions but the distance increases?
That is a common 'prediction'. No help.
But maybe this one.
Find a material object that can "block" a magnetic flow or flux. Not shunt or redirect, but block. Then find why flux lines can't cross each other. Then find a magnetic "particle".
How would this test whether space is moved or not?
What would you have left?
Magnetic fields can do some serious work. Ask your vacuum cleaner.
No doubts.

OK, I have an idea. Suppose an object is moving and goes in from of a distant star. According to you, space is moving around that object, bunching up in front and rarefied in back. So the light passing through should be distorted in different ways ahead of and behind the object. My prediction is that the distortions will be the same in front and back.

Do you agree this is a fair test distinguishing our viewpoints? Shall we look at real life data to see what happens?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Find a material object that can "block" a magnetic flow or flux. Not shunt or redirect, but block.
Be more clear about the distinction. If you want the magnetic field lines to *stop* at the object, then there will be no such object because magnetic field lines have no sources or sinks.

No valid test.

Find an actual *real world* test that will distinguish the two viewpoints. I proposed one. Do you agree it is a fair test?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 169,381 - 169,400 of216,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

619 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min pusherman_ 679,317
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min -USA-1 37,809
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Oxbow 511,671
Read " SONS OF THUNDER" by Robert Epperly 7 min Tom 1
Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill (Jul '06) 11 min swedenforever 163
Dubai Massage Body to Body Service in Dubai 05... 12 min Dubai Massage 0553405368 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min wilderide 89,387
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr TheFrozenJogurt 103
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr JACK 216
•••
•••
•••