Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
169,361 - 169,380 of 224,181 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone ever told you that you are full of kaka.
Life has no meaning without GOD. If you love, learn, teach, read, listen, laugh,dance, explore it only means that within you there is a belief in a deity. Its just that you don't understand what's going on and as said before 'lack Faith' which is everything.
Hate speech noted from the Pedophile Enabler.

Thanks for playing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Your postings only confirm that there's more brains in a bottle of water.
More hate speech from a Pedophile Enabler.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>A person is given Life to honor and love and obey GOD.
To kill onself is a sin in the eyes of GOD.
So how do you explain the PEDOPHILIA rampant in your hideous Bastion Of Child Abuse?(cat'lick church)

Hmmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Don't pay attention to the other idiots Dave. They are just jealous that you know more than they do.
LOL!

How do you explain the cowardly ducking of your PREVIOUS Pedophile-in-Chief?

He cowardly ducked out, just before the Nets Of Justice were about to close in-- to reveal him for the child-abusing MONSTER we all know he is.

Hmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>This poster 'bob of quantum faith' is known within Topix to be a very hateful member.
I am **forced** to use the word "hate", every time I'm describing the likes of **you** and people **like** you.

Of course you hate that-- this is why you project your own seething hatred onto me.

But you cannot explain your Pedophile-In-Chief (pope), can you?
False Religion

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

If your god is real because we have no evidence that he does not exist, then I can say that I have no evidence that my dog can fly, and you have no evidence that my dog can not fly; therefore, I am justified in believing that my dog can fly.

This is because a flying dog is the sort of thing that can be supported with evidence (if a dog could fly, we would expect to find evidence of the dog zooming through the skies, for example), whereas one would actually expect a non-existent thing to produce no evidence whatsoever. Thus, in the case of non-existence, the absence of evidence is exactly what we would expect to observe.

If God wants humans to believe in him and to follow his will, then he would deliver his message directly, and not leave it up to fallible, sinful humans to deliver an endless plethora of confused and contradictory messages. If God is in fact a supremely powerful being who wants us to set things right and wants to prevent us from getting things even more wrong, then he should have made his views eminently clear to us all. If he has not given the strong evidence required by his desire to have us believe in him, then he clearly does not exist

There should therefore be no more confusion about which religion or doctrine is true than there is about the fundamentals of medicine, engineering, physics, chemistry, etc. But that is manifestly not the case, and even believers in God cannot agree on the content of God's message. Therefore, either God is telling them different things (either deliberately or otherwise), which seems unlikely, or there is no God.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then come up with a *test* to see who is correct. Find a prediction of your viewpoint that is not a prediction of mine and let's go and test to see what actually happens.
What predictions can be made from space 'moving around' that could actually be tested? A distortion of light passing by, perhaps?
An expanding universe? Objects have the same relative positions but the distance increases?

But maybe this one.

Find a material object that can "block" a magnetic flow or flux. Not shunt or redirect, but block. Then find why flux lines can't cross each other. Then find a magnetic "particle".

What would you have left?

Magnetic fields can do some serious work. Ask your vacuum cleaner.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
An expanding universe? Objects have the same relative positions but the distance increases?
That is a common 'prediction'. No help.
But maybe this one.
Find a material object that can "block" a magnetic flow or flux. Not shunt or redirect, but block. Then find why flux lines can't cross each other. Then find a magnetic "particle".
How would this test whether space is moved or not?
What would you have left?
Magnetic fields can do some serious work. Ask your vacuum cleaner.
No doubts.

OK, I have an idea. Suppose an object is moving and goes in from of a distant star. According to you, space is moving around that object, bunching up in front and rarefied in back. So the light passing through should be distorted in different ways ahead of and behind the object. My prediction is that the distortions will be the same in front and back.

Do you agree this is a fair test distinguishing our viewpoints? Shall we look at real life data to see what happens?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Find a material object that can "block" a magnetic flow or flux. Not shunt or redirect, but block.
Be more clear about the distinction. If you want the magnetic field lines to *stop* at the object, then there will be no such object because magnetic field lines have no sources or sinks.

No valid test.

Find an actual *real world* test that will distinguish the two viewpoints. I proposed one. Do you agree it is a fair test?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a common 'prediction'. No help.
<quoted text>
How would this test whether space is moved or not?
<quoted text>
No doubts.
OK, I have an idea. Suppose an object is moving and goes in from of a distant star. According to you, space is moving around that object, bunching up in front and rarefied in back. So the light passing through should be distorted in different ways ahead of and behind the object. My prediction is that the distortions will be the same in front and back.
Do you agree this is a fair test distinguishing our viewpoints? Shall we look at real life data to see what happens?
Why are you picking stars? They are way past what you can measure and your measuring via light is assuming the same conditions between here and there.

Why not the magnetic field as I suggested? You have some on your refrigerator, you also have one passing through you right now.

Is that a flow of "particles? If so, why don't they stick to your eyelids?

That flow can only be created within matter itself. It is a stress or gating of the atomic structure resulting in a force that will go through space in a stream. Unless you can find those "particles". That flow will transverse the deepest space, or the lowest absolute vacuum we know of.

This is a balancing act of that material trying to regain equilibrium. It is a push and a pull. Drop a particle that can be stressed or gated like the source of that flow in it, and it will follow that flow. In addition, a particle passing through that flow will get a charge induced into it that can then wrap around itself and produce one of those flows of its own. Something got displaced on the way through.

Something is moving. What can it be?

A stream of virtual particles? Fancy terms don't work. It has to be something. Let's call it space because nothing else is left except magic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Be more clear about the distinction. If you want the magnetic field lines to *stop* at the object, then there will be no such object because magnetic field lines have no sources or sinks.
No valid test.
Find an actual *real world* test that will distinguish the two viewpoints. I proposed one. Do you agree it is a fair test?
All magnetic field lines have a source. Those lines pass through everything. You can only offer paths of least resistance to bypass an object. I am not aware of being able to drain a magnet, a source of the flow, by the load put on it. Remove the load and it goes back to strength. You have to alter the structure within the magnet itself to do that.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Why not the magnetic field as I suggested? You have some on your refrigerator, you also have one passing through you right now.
because there is no material that *blocks* instead of diverting magnetic fields. So there is no possible test. it is also not clear how that would test whether space is moving around an object or not.
Is that a flow of "particles? If so, why don't they stick to your eyelids?
Huh? Really? How about because the eyelids don't interact with the particles?
That flow can only be created within matter itself. It is a stress or gating of the atomic structure resulting in a force that will go through space in a stream. Unless you can find those "particles". That flow will transverse the deepest space, or the lowest absolute vacuum we know of.
EM is carried by photons. Well known particles. Some types (radio, microwave) go through eyelids. And how this is relevant to your claim that space moves around an object is very unclear.
This is a balancing act of that material trying to regain equilibrium. It is a push and a pull. Drop a particle that can be stressed or gated like the source of that flow in it, and it will follow that flow.
Please at least attempt to be specific and coherent. How is any of this testable? Give a specific experiment.
In addition, a particle passing through that flow will get a charge induced into it that can then wrap around itself and produce one of those flows of its own.
Charges do not 'wrap'. Why there should be one is unclear anyway.
Something got displaced on the way through.
Something is moving. What can it be?
be more specifc about your claims. Why you think there is anything displaced is unclear.
A stream of virtual particles? Fancy terms don't work. It has to be something. Let's call it space because nothing else is left except magic.
Let's not. How about finding an experiment that is actually possible that will distinguish your ideas from the standard ones?

So, if you don't like a distant star, how about some other motion in a vacuum? Don't want air messing up the data.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>A person is given Life to honor and love and obey GOD.
To kill onself is a sin in the eyes of GOD.
Down on your knees slave or I'll send you to burn forever and i love you and need money

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All magnetic field lines have a source.
No, magnetic field lines always go in circles. No source point like for electric fields at a charge.
Those lines pass through everything. You can only offer paths of least resistance to bypass an object.
Why do you think they 'bypass' anything?
I am not aware of being able to drain a magnet, a source of the flow, by the load put on it. Remove the load and it goes back to strength. You have to alter the structure within the magnet itself to do that.
Actually, the magnetic field will gradually diminish with use. How this is relevant to space moving is unclear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
because there is no material that *blocks* instead of diverting magnetic fields. So there is no possible test. it is also not clear how that would test whether space is moving around an object or not.
<quoted text>
Huh? Really? How about because the eyelids don't interact with the particles?
<quoted text>
EM is carried by photons. Well known particles. Some types (radio, microwave) go through eyelids. And how this is relevant to your claim that space moves around an object is very unclear.
<quoted text>
Please at least attempt to be specific and coherent. How is any of this testable? Give a specific experiment.
<quoted text>
Charges do not 'wrap'. Why there should be one is unclear anyway.
<quoted text>
be more specifc about your claims. Why you think there is anything displaced is unclear.
<quoted text>
Let's not. How about finding an experiment that is actually possible that will distinguish your ideas from the standard ones?
So, if you don't like a distant star, how about some other motion in a vacuum? Don't want air messing up the data.
You are sputtering and bullshitting like crazy.

So your refrigerator magnet is spewing photons? Any particular frequency? Where is it getting its energy to produce those?

The field along a current carrying wire produces a magnetic field in right hand twist. It spirals, it wraps. Has to do with the progression of charge and thus induction.

Your magnetic field passes through a vacuum, and very, very, very well. As well as it can. What's in a vacuum, little green men with virtual particles in their pockets?

You got ridiculous in your dodging.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, magnetic field lines always go in circles. No source point like for electric fields at a charge.
<quoted text>
Why do you think they 'bypass' anything?
<quoted text>
Actually, the magnetic field will gradually diminish with use. How this is relevant to space moving is unclear.
No they don't go in circles. They flow pole to pole the best way they can, then back through their source. Most travels within the object and on its surface. About 10% or so gets above the surface, I believe. That is the weak stuff, and that is why it rises up. There is a more complicated secondary flow to that.

Magnets get weaker from the environment working on them, not the load. That is why they make keepers. You can consider those full loads. That field will last as long as the material does absent outside influences.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that is your opinion. MY life has plenty of meaning without any deities.
<quoted text>
Simply false. it is simple human nature to enjoy these things. no belief in a deity is required, or desired.
<quoted text>
Rather arrogant of you to assume what other believe, don't you think? Your myths are just that: myths. Your incorrect psychology doesn't help your failed beliefs.
No it is not just 'simple human nature'. It is something within that makes one behave like that and that something is the inner self believing in a Great Creator.

Arrogant.....moi!!!!!

Assumptions make the world go round and quite a few members have you figured out to a 'T'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the situation described, it isn't. In general, even figuring out what it means to say 'space is compressed' is non-trivial and *way* beyond the mental capacities of the fundies around here.
Yes, and No.

Go figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
What, are you three years old or something? Kaka? Do you also go make tinkie?
Naw. Unlike you, we don't keep a pissPot under the bed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Again? You write nothing useful or even argumentative.
Just more evidence of your massive ego, along with your deep hatred for all unbelievers.
You are one sick duck...
Is it unbelievers or should it be non-believers?

Could never figure that one out.

Meanwhile, calling a fellow member a 'sick duck' is not very nice of you. Can't you control yourself, you sick hack.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

594 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessarily so 720,568
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min blind man n the bleachers 599,089
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Charlie Sheen 256,509
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min GodsLovestheBestLove 115,096
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 40 min shyam 4,797
'Married at First Sight' 53 min yon 23
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 56 min yon 29
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 532,785
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Reshi 76