Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#176634 Sep 6, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Cather, Quaalude Bob, lagoon. You guys should be hanging out in the gay thread. Read some gay guy passed on HIV to 300 others. Then they think Christians are their enemies for telling them the truth.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/missou...
<quoted text>
Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/missou...
You don't deserve to live.
You are a hate filled POS. I am realizing that most "Topix Christians" are.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#176635 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Westbrook Baptist, is what I call a noisy minority. I think they have done more harm than good towards the thoughts they champion. You may find if you attend your Atheist church. The word nature replacing the word God. I could be wrong, but I think you would lose members to The Wiccan Church. I see these two places of gathering as regional. The West coast Atheist, if one the East Coast would be a Wiccan. Some people need the gathering side of religion. It is why the online Atheist does get the satire we give them from time to time. Many of the bloggers have to have it their exact way.
I can't stand WBC... they most definitely do more harm than good with anything that they preach. I guess I am different in the fact that I have many friends so I don't miss out on socializing with anyone... I also don't feel a great need to argue my personal feelings because in the scheme of things arguing does no good for any party. I don't see anything wrong with not believing in a god (obviously because I don't and I turned out pretty good *smiles) I also don't see anything wrong with someone believing in a god... I agree with you, that many things have changed over the years and I think it's wonderful. My boyfriend is constantly telling me that my thought processes sometimes are merely a dream for a perfect world.

Location hidden

#176636 Sep 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
whoa whoa whoa...I'm an atheist, but even with as hate filled as someone might be, you don't know this person personally so you should never say someone doesn't deserve to live. I'm just sayin.

Location hidden

#176637 Sep 6, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Cather, Quaalude Bob, lagoon. You guys should be hanging out in the gay thread. Read some gay guy passed on HIV to 300 others. Then they think Christians are their enemies for telling them the truth.
<quoted text>
If someone passes on the HIV virus to 300 people that is because they are thoughtless human beings...it has zero to do with them being atheist. Stay on topic.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176638 Sep 6, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
In suppose there is a reason for you posting this although I'm not sure what that reason might be. Is there a reason you think some of us should hang out on this site? Do try and make a point otherwise you appear rather childish. Personally I think your frustrated at NOT being able to keep up with the barrage of excellent points being made, and watching your God thing topple over by this endless barrage. Your arguments on the other hand, are incredibly weak and many just pointless. Do try and do better!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176639 Sep 6, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone passes on the HIV virus to 300 people that is because they are thoughtless human beings...it has zero to do with them being atheist. Stay on topic.
Nowhere in the article does it mention this person as being an Atheists, so I'm not sure what reason numbnuts had for posting this.
Toby

Portland, OR

#176640 Sep 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Nowhere in the article does it mention this person as being an Atheists, so I'm not sure what reason numbnuts had for posting this.
Why are moralist stuck on AIDS anyway, almost 40 % of all new cases of AIDS in America is heterosexual exposer and has nothing to do with homosexual activity or atheism. Atheism is a non sequitur in the discussion of HIV exposure, in developing countries HIV is a heterosexual epidemic and even if you look at the amount of STD's in America the Bible belt has some of the highest STD rates in the entire country.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#176641 Sep 6, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
whoa whoa whoa...I'm an atheist, but even with as hate filled as someone might be, you don't know this person personally so you should never say someone doesn't deserve to live. I'm just sayin.
Sure I can say it. I just did.

I would say the same thing to a Nazi or Klansman.
Toby

Portland, OR

#176642 Sep 6, 2013
The Bible belt also leads in divorces and illiteracy. South Carolina is the only Bible belt state with a lower rate of divorces than the national average, all the other Bible belt states have a higher divorce rate than the national average. Also bible belt state lead in teen pregnancies, must be those damn bible belt atheist huh?

Location hidden

#176643 Sep 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can say it. I just did.
I would say the same thing to a Nazi or Klansman.
Tushe ... you are correct... you can say whatever you like.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#176644 Sep 6, 2013
The silence is deafening!!!!!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#176645 Sep 6, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Tushe ... you are correct... you can say whatever you like.
I am sick of "Christians" preaching hatred, violence and bigotry in the name of their God.

They have caused nothing but horror and atrocities for 1700 years. The only places on Earth that have become decent places to live are where religion has been disarmed and chained up.

The sooner their religion is stomped out, the better off mankind will be.

The same can be said of Islam as well.

Location hidden

#176646 Sep 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sick of "Christians" preaching hatred, violence and bigotry in the name of their God.
They have caused nothing but horror and atrocities for 1700 years. The only places on Earth that have become decent places to live are where religion has been disarmed and chained up.
The sooner their religion is stomped out, the better off mankind will be.
The same can be said of Islam as well.
I completely agree... I just don't (personally) want to stoop to their level.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#176647 Sep 6, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree... I just don't (personally) want to stoop to their level.
Stooping to there level would be abusing and killing people for not believing in your religion. I believe there are times you need to use force to stop evil.

I honestly see little difference between Nazis, the KKK and 'fundamentalist' religions.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#176648 Sep 6, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>How do you explain that MOST child sexual abuse takes place in families where the parents are atheists....like you.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What goes on in your shack we all wonder.
That is a lie you cristard!

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Södertälje, Sweden

#176649 Sep 6, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Your hatred towards your fellow man knows no bounds while you are surrounded by your fellow atheists that commit the worst kind of atrocities around the world including the rape and sexual abuse of children.
The Pope is the Pope is the Pope. God will judge the Pope...as He will judge YOU....and that you can never get away from, you hateful excuse for a piece of humanity. You fit right in with Himmler and Stalin and Mao.
More lies from the christarded liar

“"None shall pass"”

There

#176651 Sep 6, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie you cristard!
These people are sick. The only deity the worship is what their magic book calls Satan.

Location hidden

#176652 Sep 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>Stooping to there level would be abusing and killing people for not believing in your religion. I believe there are times you need to use force to stop evil.

I honestly see little difference between Nazis, the KKK and 'fundamentalist' religions.
I understand your feelings...I meant no insult toward you. I'm sorry...I just don't like to see people saying things like that to one another...no matter what side it's coming from. I apologize again for getting involved in that interaction.

Location hidden

#176653 Sep 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do live.
What a matter Ben? Can't handle the truth?
http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/alert-gay-ma...

You also have this out of Michigan.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/12/30/98...

Christians the enemy of the Homosexuals? Please. They are their own enemies. They live a lie like atheists and like atheists they infect each other. Apologists for atheism is like spreading AIDS since they promote lies to others with destructive results. Everyone is accountable to God. That is the truth.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#176654 Sep 7, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>No it is not just 'simple human nature'. It is something within that makes one behave like that and that something is the inner self believing in a Great Creator.
Arrogant.....moi!!!!!
Assumptions make the world go round and quite a few members have you figured out to a 'T'.
Oh, okay, now I know who you are.

Virtual*Ignore*Macro* enable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Lbj the Closet Queen 105,630
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 48,821
Antwan Carter 18 min Latrina Waters 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 29 min WasteWater 2,070
BEWARE!! More FALSE FLAGS Comng Soon!!!!!! 31 min Charles 1
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 35 min Charles 17
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 35 min okimar 53,818
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Rosesz 646,675
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 51 min RiversideRedneck 971,710
More from around the web