Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#176250 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but string is still theory. It is interesting it is a top contender. It does not answer if Theist or atheist are correct. Perhaps when proven it would.
I have doubts that Atheists or theists, either one, will ever get a final answer for this. Some people are more sure... I try not to dwell on it too much, cause I'm almost certain that if the "answer" ever does come out for sure, I will probably be well dead and gone.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176251 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny I see the Atheist as the egotistical.
Of course you do-- that's your ego talking once again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176252 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Theories worm meat theories. You can't prove.
Hate speech duly noted.

That pretty much sums up your entire "argument": you do your best to belittle and name-call.

Because you have no arguments?

Pretty much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176253 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider this post an admission Atheism does suck.
Your ego is showing.

Along with your deeply rooted hate for all non-theists.

Disgusting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176254 Sep 2, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> No blob, im not talking about the trauma you associate with santa and the easter bunny, what really happened. I wont laugh if you tell me you were sodomised, promise.
Hate speech noted as well.

Your ugly sex-fantasies are not something you should be talking about in public.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176255 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proving facts. Theories. It is time for me to do The Church Lady's Superior Dance.
You are under the false impression that it's UP to ME.

Nope-- the burden of PROOF is all on YOU, hatetheist.

You are the one making the idiotic claim "god".

It is up to YOU to prove this idiotic idea "god" is worth while.

Google Pigeon Chess.

You are playing the part of the pigeon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176256 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid Bob won't share.
I already said: I have no faith left.

I lost it, mostly from reading the **whole** bible, but also from other examples of god **never** acting ...

... godly.

The fact that there is god-preventable EVIL in the world?

Is sufficient proof all by itself-- that no god who **CARES** exists at all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176257 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove anything either Church lady dance time.
Another example of Pigeon Chess--with you playing the part of the star pigeon...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176258 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I would rather be a certified nut than be an Atheist. It's because my beliefs are so much better than dying and becoming worm meat. If you could prove your stuff as fact, perhaps you shouldn't even share it then. As if that day would ever come. Actually it is true, for you.
Your beliefs of which you have NOTHING to support them.

NOT EVEN A SINGLE ARGUMENT IN SUPPORT OF THEM.

Sad, really.

Pigeon chess, though.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176259 Sep 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://whofortedblog.com/2013/ 08/31/eerie-apocalyptic-noises -piercing-the-air-in-british-c olumbia-experts-blame-electrom agnetic-radiation/
Listen to the video.
Blacklagoon serenading squirrels in the park.
Some more sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4JHAu5qDSgUXX
Note the correlation to EM in the first link. Note also there isn't much air around auroras and radiation belts.
I will not bring up old Dave's past posts about EM and its universal aspects.
you religitards will believe any krapola,

http://youtu.be/ItD6dQa5ncw
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176260 Sep 2, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
and to sum up
Atheism is simply,,LACK of belief in god(s).
There is no belief required for atheism.
And since faith is “belief in something for which there is no proof” such as gods,how can an atheist, who has no positive belief need faith?
Answer is we do not... Atheism requires no faith.
Many theists will say; atheists must have faith that god does not exist”. That statement is false for a few reasons.
Most atheists are agnostic atheists,
and they do not completely rule out the existence of some kind of UNdefined god(s),
but rather, they find god(s) to be improbable, see no evidence that would indicate god-belief is rational, or both.
Faith does not play a role here, facts are whats important.
And just because we dont know how the universe or life originated does NOT prove gods existence,claiming that god created all,is an argument from Ignorance Fallacy.,,a belief without evidence!
Until theists prove god exist,its only rational to remain atheist
So Faith is not necesary to be atheist
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, not really. Let's start this conversation when you could PROVE how The Universe was started, most likely when that happens another detail will kill your hopes. If you gave it no thought and did not discuss it. Maybe, but just maybe. You wouldn't be able to prove that any way.
Off Topic Chunkyboy!

not that theres anything to discuss anyway,youve lost..
LLL

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#176261 Sep 2, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you religitards will believe any krapola,
http://youtu.be/ItD6dQa5ncw
That was fiction.

You are really confused about what you know and think.

Those kind of noises don't have to announce the presence of a deity. You seem to think like a fundie.

You are used to looking at things outside you, as far as your physical world goes. There is a whole bunch that can happen through you, and from the inside. For all your talk about science and physics, you haven't grasped the basic idea of modern physics on how things work.

Atoms are byproducts of the creation of the universe, as were their particles. Everything started at the same place and is connected to each other from that expansion. Read up on the BBT. Get a perspective of what it was, not just a blind acceptance of something happening that resulted in you reading about it.

But you probably aren't bright enough to do that.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#176262 Sep 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was fiction.
You are really confused about what you know and think.
Those kind of noises don't have to announce the presence of a deity. You seem to think like a fundie.
You are used to looking at things outside you, as far as your physical world goes. There is a whole bunch that can happen through you, and from the inside. For all your talk about science and physics, you haven't grasped the basic idea of modern physics on how things work.
Atoms are byproducts of the creation of the universe, as were their particles. Everything started at the same place and is connected to each other from that expansion. Read up on the BBT. Get a perspective of what it was, not just a blind acceptance of something happening that resulted in you reading about it.
But you probably aren't bright enough to do that.
Your creationist mental illness is YOURS and YOURS alone.

It does not affect anyone on the planet except yourselves.

Location hidden

#176263 Sep 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

You are used to looking at things outside you, as far as your physical world goes
You're used to lying about god. You cannot see into the non-physical world - you're a simple creationist liar.

Beliving you have special abilities is another symptom of the mental illness of creationism.

Believing evolution is false despite hard evidence is another symptom of the mental illness of creationism.

Continuing to talk and ignore posters asking you for proof of god is another symptom of the mental illness of creationism.

Until you lying creationists can become honest and admit your lies, you will never get respect from atheists let akone anyone.

Location hidden

#176264 Sep 2, 2013
Idiot creationist talking about atoms, when there isn't an single atom of their creationist god proven at all!!

You should be banned from using science until you can tell the truth.

Location hidden

#176265 Sep 2, 2013
Creationism = fraud
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176266 Sep 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was fiction.
did I say it wasnt?

now listen to that sound in movie again and compare to the others!

boy youre one slow dingbat

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#176267 Sep 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Never believed in that 10% stuff.
Hiding, I felt my brain growing back after my concussion. The sensation was like dust collecting and getting fired up with an awareness going with it. Layered increases in awareness. It made me realize how intelligence is exponential, and not linear like commonly thought. It is like going up a ladder and each step up increases your view of the horizon. A one foot rise vertically results in miles that comes into view. IQ tests are measured in rungs.
You read my reference to cores, or levels of consciousness. I related the changes during my death experiences. There is a core to you that can observe and note changes in yourself, buried deep inside your subconscious. It ties the knots in your brain that your higher functions can access later. Such tends to be symbolic, such as dreams, etc, but are records of observations that core experienced. Your existence works outward. Why I don't believe the meat makes the mind. The meat is just useful stuff to create an experience or manifestation. The universe and its components were created for the manifestation of thought. However, that physical layer becomes a filter the inner consciousness has to deal with and interface with the other material around.
In my reduction to my core I very much noticed I had a certain power if you wish to call it that to "create" and manipulate this physical presence. It is difficult to relate that due to the terminology and physical points of reference we use, but it is similar to dreaming. I related how I "woke up" from this existence and very much wanted to go back to sleep and dream more to escape the reality I woke into, which I was familiar with. The dreaming was hiding from something much larger than myself of an intelligent nature.
I have a remarkable ability to heal. I recover quickly from most injuries, and the more I am aware of where they are, the faster I heal. I think most people have this ability. The inner core patching things up more than some vague evolutionary process of action/reaction.
We are more than just meat.
BTW, learned something new the other day. If one does not use a hot glue gun with the objects to be glued secured properly as one knows they should, but one ignores in that neverending human expectation of defying the odds, that hot glue can and will burn flesh and will remove two layers of skin in an uncomfortable manner. And which reinforces a lifetime knowledge that if you play with fire you will get burned, but that still doesn't deter us from being stupid. So much for evolution and the best and brightest products arising from such. Such can apply to the physical world as well as the spiritual world.
That was a lot of words.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#176268 Sep 3, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you can not prove Atheism, you offer a theory. My theory is everything is case by case. You have your reality, and I have mine. You do know yourself, as do I. As mentioned your reality sucks and should be kept to oneself.
I am atheist.

There's your proof.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#176270 Sep 3, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I would rather be a certified nut than be an Atheist. It's because my beliefs are so much better than dying and becoming worm meat. If you could prove your stuff as fact, perhaps you shouldn't even share it then. As if that day would ever come. Actually it is true, for you.
But you *will* die and become worm meat. That is a simple fact. What you want is *in addition* that your consciousness continue after you die and become worm meat. But there is absolutely no reason to think that consciousness without brains is possible. So you come to the wall separating your desires from the facts and you choose the comfortable desires rather than the uncomfortable facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 5 min KellyP in Jersey 2,085
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 445,726
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Thinking 49,003
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Steve III 646,716
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,702
gay at ghaziabad (Jul '14) 1 hr gaurav 13
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 105,635
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr VIKING 971,737
More from around the web