Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255901 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176228 Sep 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't because you cannot-- you have **none**.
But you do have your hate-- which seems to run very deep.
<quoted text>
I have no faith, no beliefs.
I would be happy to entertain **facts**-- something you seem to be seriously deficient in.
You have no proving facts. Theories. It is time for me to do The Church Lady's Superior Dance.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176229 Sep 2, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> No blob, im not talking about the trauma you associate with santa and the easter bunny, what really happened. I wont laugh if you tell me you were sodomised, promise.
I am afraid Bob won't share.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#176230 Sep 2, 2013
http://whofortedblog.com/2013/08/31/eerie-apo...

Listen to the video.

Blacklagoon serenading squirrels in the park.

Some more sounds.

Note the correlation to EM in the first link. Note also there isn't much air around auroras and radiation belts.

I will not bring up old Dave's past posts about EM and its universal aspects.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#176231 Sep 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://whofortedblog.com/2013/ 08/31/eerie-apocalyptic-noises -piercing-the-air-in-british-c olumbia-experts-blame-electrom agnetic-radiation/
Listen to the video.
Blacklagoon serenading squirrels in the park.
Some more sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4JHAu5qDSgUXX
Note the correlation to EM in the first link. Note also there isn't much air around auroras and radiation belts.
I will not bring up old Dave's past posts about EM and its universal aspects.
Creationist trainwreck finally loses what little is left of his mind.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#176232 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proving facts. Theories. It is time for me to do The Church Lady's Superior Dance.
Its because you are dishonest immoral people that you cannot prove your god when asked.

You have to fill in the gaps with lies that you shemelessly tell based on 0 evidence.

This is your lying way of life you mistakenly call a religion, when it s a poor cult, afraid, lonely and sheltered from the real world
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176234 Sep 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because you are dishonest immoral people that you cannot prove your god when asked.
You have to fill in the gaps with lies that you shemelessly tell based on 0 evidence.
This is your lying way of life you mistakenly call a religion, when it s a poor cult, afraid, lonely and sheltered from the real world
he cant help it,he KNOWS hell be a WORM MEAT soon,

the fantasy of afterlife (plus the drugs) gets him thru the day,

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#176235 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather have that than be an Atheist.

Well insanity is what you have, you being ok with that says alot about your beliefs.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#176236 Sep 2, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genus, huh? At least put me in my own family.

How about we call you the resident particle, GR, QM and Physics wizard of topix?

Lamar, CO

#176237 Sep 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist trainwreck finally loses what little is left of his mind.
Did you know that being scared into believing in a deity, or being shown "proof" such as you demand will leave you the same as if you hadn't?

That is failed product.

QA time is approaching. It will be painful. You are already doomed. Live it up while you still can, and don't look back. Or forward.
monkey

Glasgow, UK

#176238 Sep 2, 2013
my my what a bunch of ignoramus'

let me explain to your tiny little closed minded Christians that a theory is not a guess, nor is it conjecture or born of faith, it is simply the culmination of evidence (sorry brainwashed christian sheep i know you are not familiar with evidence) that has been researched, proved and peer reviewed to within an inch of it' life. Once this has been accepted only then can it be called a theory.

unlike our theory of god which is a guess and come with zero, nil, nada, nowt, nothing even remotely close to something that could be tested.

and a quick note for the hard of thinking, no one ever said humans descended from the monkey.

time to read something other than the vile, evil and disgusting lessons your holy book bang on about
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176239 Sep 2, 2013
and to sum up

Atheism is simply,,LACK of belief in god(s).
There is no belief required for atheism.
And since faith is “belief in something for which there is no proof” such as gods,how can an atheist, who has no positive belief need faith?
Answer is we do not... Atheism requires no faith.
Many theists will say; atheists must have faith that god does not exist”. That statement is false for a few reasons.
Most atheists are agnostic atheists,
and they do not completely rule out the existence of some kind of UNdefined god(s),
but rather, they find god(s) to be improbable, see no evidence that would indicate god-belief is rational, or both.
Faith does not play a role here, facts are whats important.
And just because we dont know how the universe or life originated does NOT prove gods existence,claiming that god created all,is an argument from Ignorance Fallacy.,,a belief without evidence!
Until theists prove god exist,its only rational to remain atheist
So Faith is not necesary to be atheist

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176240 Sep 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove anything either Church lady dance time.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176241 Sep 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well insanity is what you have, you being ok with that says alot about your beliefs.
Yes, and I would rather be a certified nut than be an Atheist. It's because my beliefs are so much better than dying and becoming worm meat. If you could prove your stuff as fact, perhaps you shouldn't even share it then. As if that day would ever come. Actually it is true, for you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176242 Sep 2, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
and to sum up
And since faith is “belief in something for which there is no proof” such as gods,how can an atheist, who has no positive belief need faith?
Many theists will say; atheists must have faith that god does not exist”. That statement is false for a few reasons.
and they do not completely rule out the existence of some kind of UNdefined god(s),
but rather, they find god(s) to be improbable, see no evidence that would indicate god-belief is rational, or both.
And just because we dont know how the universe or life originated does NOT prove gods existence,claiming that god created all,is an argument from Ignorance Fallacy.,,a belief without evidence!
Nice try, not really. Let's start this conversation when you could PROVE how The Universe was started, most likely when that happens another detail will kill your hopes. If you gave it no thought and did not discuss it. Maybe, but just maybe. You wouldn't be able to prove that any way.

Lamar, CO

#176244 Sep 2, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
and to sum up
"So Faith is not necesary to be atheist "

Absolutely true. The only requirement is some mental or emotional issue not mitigated by medication.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#176245 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I would rather be a certified nut than be an Atheist. It's because my beliefs are so much better than dying and becoming worm meat. If you could prove your stuff as fact, perhaps you shouldn't even share it then. As if that day would ever come. Actually it is true, for you.
Sorry it no such effort in my behalf.
You did so "all by your onesies".

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#176246 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, I'm sorry, but the scientific research that was done for creation has been proven as fact.... that doesn't mean that there is not more out there to be questioned and to find answers for, but the big bang has been stated as factual.

I just read about this day before yesterday... You should have a look at it. It is very interesting and pretty cool if you are interested in science at all :)

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45671806/ns/technol...

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176247 Sep 2, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
big bang started universe...NASA won noble prize in physics for it...
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15113168/from/ET#.U...
At that moment is was accepted fact, that it was the start. Now it being the start is a theory.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176248 Sep 2, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, I'm sorry, but the scientific research that was done for creation has been proven as fact.... that doesn't mean that there is not more out there to be questioned and to find answers for, but the big bang has been stated as factual.
I just read about this day before yesterday... You should have a look at it. It is very interesting and pretty cool if you are interested in science at all :)
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45671806/ns/technol...
Sorry but string is still theory. It is interesting it is a top contender. It does not answer if Theist or atheist are correct. Perhaps when proven it would.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#176249 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
At that moment is was accepted fact, that it was the start. Now it being the start is a theory.
In science a theory is something that has been tested and proven.

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation. Scientists create scientific theories from hypotheses that have been corroborated through the scientific method, then gather evidence to test their accuracy. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unsubstantiated or speculative.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min PELE78 55,907
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 10 min Johnny 39
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 14 min Al Capone 2,292
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Steve III 649,766
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 30 min Rosa_Winkel 45
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 33 min Rosa_Winkel 69
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 50 min Johnny 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Just Saying 972,381
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web