Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,447)

Showing posts 168,921 - 168,940 of223,292
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
At what, exactly? Be specific--- or is that too much for you?
You **do** have the propensity to wander all over the landscape, subject-wise.
... and you never manage to arrive at a...
....... point.
Online, Atheist are not even honest enough for very standard conversation. How would I trust them with lobbyist or drawing up government contracts.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It boils down to if you believe there was a purpose to our creation. We ARE created, matters not how or by what.
If your life has no purpose, why do you go through the struggles? Why do you worry about the here and now and the future if it is ultimately meaningless? Gets too much and you can put yourself to eternal sleep in a hurry, you wouldn't be missing a thing except pain and anguish, right?
<The Dave Nelson> "Why won't people just accept my version of things?... I'm fabulous!"

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Tell me ... what? Be specific-- say what you mean, don't ramble all over the landscape...
.... is that too much to ask of you?
<quoted text>
So what? It's a free speech forum.. people are free to indulge in whichever subject they wish.
**YOU** certainly wander all over the place, subject-wise!
<quoted text>
You really have no need-- I can infer your ugly beliefs from your hateful attitude, your snide remarks, your continued attempts to stalk me down and make unsavory comments about me.
That?
That says all I need to, about what you believe.
And it's not good.
<quoted text>
I find your comments excessive, wordy, and frankly?
Boring as hell.
<quoted text>
??? Make **sense** man!
YOU ARE NOTHING LIKE ME!
I don't go hunting people down, to make snide remarks about them-- but **you** do...
Answering details of your 1st half. Get me to a tread I would open up about my personal beliefs. They are just mine. Answering your last statement I do literally worship myself a piece of God is in most of us, I believe you, do know yourself you beliefs become you or vice versa. I have also all ways claimed you would never read the books I read, because they would not interest you. It's no surprise you fin my post boring. I, however find your post funny.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I get it-- anything you don't like, or that goes against your Gawd?
You think is "stupid".
Gotcha.
Even though you cannot muster up a COUNTER-ARGUMENT.
LOL!
You can't admit the idea time is yet to begin is stupid. I really don't see how it favors atheist or theist. We could call it a theory. Like I said some times you post the funniest stuff.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well?
Compared to **you**, they aren't.
Compared to anyone **else** with a proper education?
That's different-- they were pretty ignorant across the board....
Education now is, in large part, indoctrination. That is why you have men getting married to each other wearing dresses along with the young believing they are little more than big brained apes. Some may carry these assumptions to their natural conclusions. They may for example shoot up a school, kill students wearing shirts which say 'Natural Selection' on them. They may shoot an athlete because they are bored. They may form gangs and shoot each other in record numbers. They are not told they are image of God and are accountable to God for their treatment of each other. Nor do they have responsible adult male role models. That is why people are pulling their children out of public education.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're able to prove your the god of your creationist cult, you will look less stupid than everyone before you.
You cannot disprove that God and are of the minority opinion in all human history so why trust you? It just does not seem to occur to you that if you are wrong you have made just about the biggest and stupidest mistake any human being can make in life which comes with horrible consequences.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nope. I'll donated to a medical facility as a medical cadaver, and then cremated.
At no time are worms involved.
But your bigotry and hate is duly noted.
Your hate is strong... I can almost feel it oozing from you.
Let me get this straight, when you pass your organs will be donated. That is very nice of you. Further instructions of your organs are, that after the person that receives the passes away, if that person wishes to be buried they must first remove your donated organ for cremation. Or maybe that person would have to sign a waiver that he or she will be cremated. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FUNNY YOU ARE.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is one distinct possibility that is consistent with everything we know about the universe at this point. It is even a prediction of those theories that merge quantum mechanics and general relativity, such as string thoery and loop quantum gravity.
Do you care to give an alternative theory that incorporates both QM and GR? If so, please present it and we can discuss it.
You and I have different realities. I don't have the time to co on about it, and it really is just that simple.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If matter and energy have existed for all time, then the universe did not start. It has always been going. Is that so hard for you to understand?
OK it's a theory.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you notice that Kaku's positions are based on actual data. That is the difference between science and religion: science adjusts based on actual evidence and facts, while religion tells us to ignore the facts and maintain faith.
<quoted text>
Nobody has given any way of even defining the concept of a God to the extent it can be tested. Until a specific test can be given, it isn't even a question about reality: it is only a matter of opinion and imagination.
I agree. My statement is nothing could be proven. I strongly favor there being a creator/protector. Protector does not mean Superman saving Lois Lane. The refection is more in terms of us not getting invaded by superior beings. Perhaps God will show us his hand when we try to rape another planet.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You cannot disprove that God and are of the minority opinion in all human history so why trust you? It just does not seem to occur to you that if you are wrong you have made just about the biggest and stupidest mistake any human being can make in life which comes with horrible consequences.
We're not afraid of your "horrible consequences".

As aptly stated by Robert Ingersoll:

"The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever." Crumbling Creeds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The ancients also supposed that bleeding the ill would let the evil spirits out that were making them sick. They thought the Earth was the center of the universe, that witches were responsible for all manner of things, that albatrosses were bad luck and all manner of stupid crap.
Well they had the blueprint for healthy living and disease prevention right in the Old Testament. Keep clean eat right, healthy sexual practices. Isolate those diseased. The position of the Earth comes with no real terrible consequences. Sure they had superstitions and many do today. It did no stop them from advancing overall. I don't know what your beef is exactly except you need to make them look like fools, to marginalize them like you do everyone else because they saw things vastly different then do you. By "you" i mean collectively. To disagree with the secular collective is to reject science itself but that is just propaganda.

The Kings of Europe were able to trace their ancestry back to Noah to Adam and they did keep track so they did not believe it was myth. There is just too many independent accounts. Too much evidence the moderns cannot sweep under the rug.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Well they had the blueprint for healthy living and disease prevention right in the Old Testament. Keep clean eat right, healthy sexual practices. Isolate those diseased. The position of the Earth comes with no real terrible consequences. Sure they had superstitions and many do today. It did no stop them from advancing overall. I don't know what your beef is exactly except you need to make them look like fools, to marginalize them like you do everyone else because they saw things vastly different then do you. By "you" i mean collectively. To disagree with the secular collective is to reject science itself but that is just propaganda.
The Kings of Europe were able to trace their ancestry back to Noah to Adam and they did keep track so they did not believe it was myth. There is just too many independent accounts. Too much evidence the moderns cannot sweep under the rug.
"It did no stop them from advancing overall. I don't know what your beef is exactly except you need to make them look like fools, to marginalize them like you do everyone else because they saw things vastly different then do you. By "you" i mean collectively. To disagree with the secular collective is to reject science itself but that is just propaganda."

Your mistake is gargantuan in assuming truth is secular.

"The Kings of Europe were able to trace their ancestry back to Noah to Adam and they did keep track so they did not believe it was myth."

Your second mistake is to believe the lies of those who want to enforce rule of thumb , by using your own superstition. They have duped you into this belief of entirely false claims.

The Kings of Europe were able to find and prove anything so long as you believe the lies they told.

You are living in a fantasy world, and little is real in that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/72-blacks-bo...
This issue entered the public consciousness in 1965,[under President Johnson] when a now famous government report by future senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan described a “tangle of pathology” among blacks that fed a 24 percent black “illegitimacy” rate. The white rate then was 4 percent.

I’m not sure what’s shocking: That the rate for blacks has tripled in my lifetime or that whites have now surpassed the level of pathology Moynihan described.
Moynihan warned about the breakdown of the family and social pathologies which would follow back in 1965 and that was at 25% in the black community and 6% overall. Now the out of wedlock birth rate is at 40% overall. 70% in the Black community. Think it is bad now? Give it another 25 years and see what you got!

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It boils down to if you believe there was a purpose to our creation. We ARE created, matters not how or by what.
If your life has no purpose, why do you go through the struggles? Why do you worry about the here and now and the future if it is ultimately meaningless? Gets too much and you can put yourself to eternal sleep in a hurry, you wouldn't be missing a thing except pain and anguish, right?
Life's great! Why would I want it to end?

So just what exactly is your purpose of life?
Is it to live forever?
Is it to avoid hell?
Or is it to tell God he's great!(Doesn't he already know that?)
Please tell us as I haven't heard a rational answer to that question yet.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.c om/72-blacks-born-to-unwed-mot hers/
<quoted text>
Moynihan warned about the breakdown of the family and social pathologies which would follow back in 1965 and that was at 25% in the black community and 6% overall. Now the out of wedlock birth rate is at 40% overall. 70% in the Black community. Think it is bad now? Give it another 25 years and see what you got!
The Rapture, right?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.c om/72-blacks-born-to-unwed-mot hers/
<quoted text>
The poster RR noted that satans influence started ramping up in 1962

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it to live forever?
Is it to avoid hell?
If all you have is sarcasm then perhaps you should try comedy because no one is going to take you seriously. Igor

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it to live forever?
Is it to avoid hell?
Life is great for you now. What if that changes?

What about all of the other people whose lives aren't so great, but their suffering makes your great?

The question wasn't about what you went off on a tangent about. It was why hang around if there is no hope, and it just wasn't worth the struggle.

It's your non-belief. Tell us why you would hang around. A few seconds would eliminate decades of misery, and you wouldn't have missed anything. The same would apply to your progeny. You are an animal, not a holy creature.

Can you tell us, or are you going to avoid the question again?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is great for you now. What if that changes?
What about all of the other people whose lives aren't so great, but their suffering makes your great?
The question wasn't about what you went off on a tangent about. It was why hang around if there is no hope, and it just wasn't worth the struggle.
It's your non-belief. Tell us why you would hang around. A few seconds would eliminate decades of misery, and you wouldn't have missed anything. The same would apply to your progeny. You are an animal, not a holy creature.
Can you tell us, or are you going to avoid the question again?
what are examples of quick painless exits?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,921 - 168,940 of223,292
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

335 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min ChristineM 717,140
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min who 255,762
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr petesake kis 36,421
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr ocxz 114,695
Who really controls America and other Western c... 1 hr yon 48
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 2 hr brian c toney 392
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 2 hr Yassir 62
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr hojo 530,344
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr andet1987 171,519