Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176166 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very happy with my beliefs. If you want to sell me a different package. Please offer something good.
I'm not the one on trial here--**you** are, for crimes against humanity, in forcing your ugly, bigoted hate-cult onto anyone you can.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176167 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
God is with in me. I could feel it. I can't help you. If you knew how great it was. I know you can't take my word for this. You are at a disadvantage.
Oh, I know how "great" those delusions can be-- I used to be a cult member myself, back in the day.

When I was a teenager, I belonged to one of those "holy roller" cults.

The lure of self-induced hallucinations is a strong one.

Easily as strong as actual chemical addictions, in fact.

But you are just deluding yourself-- this I know for sure.

Why?

Because your brain is not special, it's not different from all the other brains on the planet.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176168 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe we will both get what we ask for. I think you know the same. Your real question should be strictly for yourself. Why do you want it all to end? I assure you, you'll get what you ask for.
That is why I am not an atheist. What you request in your beliefs, it sucks. IMO, worse than hell.
Hate speech and fantasizes of infinite torture duly noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176169 Sep 2, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> All of history assumes an ancient flood.
Lie.

The Navajo people do not have an ancient flood myth.

Why do you lie like this?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#176170 Sep 2, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> One does have to vilify and assume the worst about the ancients in order to assume the moderns got it all right.(Even though they have been proven wrong time and time again.) With their modern myths about man as nothing more than soul less ape like creatures with big brains. No ancient precedent for any of that. It is just completely made up and assumed to be true and given the validation of Science. Any body who is skeptical is viewed as a Troglodyte and even worse. Well if their case is so strong why banishment tactics? Why the revulsion? Which is mostly emotional as opposed to rational. Can't compete? I read somewhere the kings of Europe could trace their ancestry back to the sons of Noah. Certainly Jesus did not treat Adam and Eve as myth. The Luke genealogy goes back to Adam the son of God. Josephus and Philo did not think Adam and Eve were myth figures. The moderns discredit themselves.
How naive you are.

1. You aren't skeptical of science. You're ignorant of it.

2. As such, you don't have the tools to be skeptical. This ignorance emboldens you to make ridiculous, naive, uninformed and laughable claims.

3. Adam and Eve are the "apical ancestors" of your mythology, like Ra, the Sun God, or the Emperor of Japan prior to his divinity being legally rescinded by the USA's imposed constitution.

4. Adam and Eve are myths. The human species was not created out of mud. Only the most base and uneducated could possibly believe that trash.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176171 Sep 2, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youve proved it again
youre
Internet TROLL
Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.
Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.
For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.
Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?
Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship.
Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.
If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.
If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.
Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.
Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.
The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.
There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.
This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.
Good post, you just described all online atheist. I was trying not to bring this up, but I never meet anyone that would publicly talk like you and Little Red Bobbing Hood. I have heard many Christians say openly in public. Atheist will burn in hell. I don't say that but I would have no trouble pointing out Atheism sucks. In regards to Atheist personal life, they suck too. Thank God here is a God and I know better than you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176172 Sep 2, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U are Deflecting! ABHBAHHAHAHAAa
No you are stupid, and besides the tread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" Your the one Deflecting. Bitch

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176173 Sep 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound frightfully like a schizophrenic.
Perhaps you should seek a doctor who can help you with the chemical or neurological imbalance you are suffering from?
Rather have that than be an Atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176174 Sep 2, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He only offered you truth and reality.
If you can't handle it, by all means.....carry on as you are.
Ye correct, but he can't prove his truth as neither could you. I will carry on in a much superior reality, one with a day after. You and Little Red Bobbing hood, won't have that day after. I wish I could offer you carrying on, but you do know yourself, and your reality.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176175 Sep 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know how "great" those delusions can be-- I used to be a cult member myself, back in the day.
When I was a teenager, I belonged to one of those "holy roller" cults.
The lure of self-induced hallucinations is a strong one.
Easily as strong as actual chemical addictions, in fact.
But you are just deluding yourself-- this I know for sure.
Why?
Because your brain is not special, it's not different from all the other brains on the planet.
Yes, but it is so much better than being an atheist. Your reading comprehension is so bad, you're accusing a person of personal religion of being in a cult.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176176 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Lie.
The Navajo people do not have an ancient flood myth.
Why do you lie like this?
There were floods. You a so called person of science, should know this. You should shut up and take notes

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176177 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>Hate speech and fantasizes of infinite torture duly noted.
Again young comprehension fails you. I say you come to an end, not burn in hell. I think you will burn in hell because it is what you actually do believe.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#176178 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe we will both get what we ask for. I think you know the same. Your real question should be strictly for yourself. Why do you want it all to end? I assure you, you'll get what you ask for.
That is why I am not an atheist. What you request in your beliefs, it sucks. IMO, worse than hell.
The message I get from what you have said here is that you don't care what the truth is. If the truth is something you don't like, then you would rather believe in some fantasy that makes you feel better.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#176179 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it is so much better than being an atheist. Your reading comprehension is so bad, you're accusing a person of personal religion of being in a cult.
So it is your opinion that it is better to believe in delusions than it is face reality?

How sad.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#176180 Sep 2, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tell him how much of a genius you think he is when you are both in hell. Have a nice evening Quaalude bob.
For the mind is its own place.
It alone can make a hell of heaven,
A heaven of hell.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#176181 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
polymath really! The way the commercials here operate, they cause mistakes. You're typing away and a commercial will cause stoppage. Only Atheist bring that up here on topix all others understand what happened. I caught you guys having the same problem. It's not note worthy.
I'm not talking about simple typos, which I make in plenty also. I am talking about errors of basic knowledge and fact.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#176182 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Polymath-- our local math and physics genus,
Genus, huh? At least put me in my own family.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#176183 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfft.

A distinction without a difference.

The Borderland of Sol

#176184 Sep 2, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the mind is its own place.
It alone can make a hell of heaven,
A heaven of hell.
Milton. A long-time fave.
:-D

The Borderland of Sol

#176185 Sep 2, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genus, huh? At least put me in my own family.
I'll adopt you, if you like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 667,658
Get More Than 140 Paid-Up Courses For Free 3 min Stars273 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Lonestar 92,466
Here they are Linda Kay 7 min Shakez5756 2
i can't stop thinking about my step-cousin (Feb '13) 11 min Treat959 15
BASAKSEHIR BOSCH Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 33 OYAKKE... 15 min Mintz3376 2
mom sex wale gudgao only real 19 min Lollypop1781 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min trifecta1 979,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lickz8951 183,615
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr truth 285,993
More from around the web