Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#175977 Aug 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist Theists will always look stupid for never producing any evidence of e gods they lie about so shamelessly.
What separates creationists is that they try to argue back with more lies! Definition of dumb!
Yeah, they need a reason and have to work hard to look so stupid.

They ain't naturally blessed like you.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#175978 Aug 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>don;t worry about it Bob you won't be there... because that would make it hell
Booby is a walking talking hell.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#175979 Aug 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
It has always amused me how North Carolina as*holes were the very first to call others as*holes for whatever reason. More so than any place else in the South. A very sanctimonious crowd that lives there. Or quite the collection of as*holes. Or both.
May a green caterpillar kiss your as*hole, as*hole.
I made an extended trip to NC just a few weeks back and went to some places I've always wanted to explore.

I thought the people from there were great. Really nice. I had no complaints.

Maybe the problem you experienced had to do with you, and not them.

It's sorta like when someone gets a speeding ticket, and says they really weren't speeding. You tend to give the benefit of the doubt.

But once they get a bunch of speeding tickets, you tend to think its a problem they have, and not - "thoseassholecops".

See?

Location hidden

#175980 Aug 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I have a good Christian doc that knows evolution is a lie
Funny how these dolts think.

Because we don't buy into their three big myths they want us to stop using computers, tv's, and modern medicine.
Like None of them could not exist if evolution wasn't true.

Location hidden

#175981 Aug 31, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>oh, ok...now have your cookies and milk, say your prayers and have mommy fondle you...

make sure you have a new diaper on ......bwhahahhahahahahah....

( I will call the National Academy of Science and tell them you consider them dumb...bwaahahahhahahahhaha).. ....92% of them don't believe in any gods...
Takes all kinds.

Location hidden

#175982 Aug 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Your match making doesn't always work you know? After all Dave and Buck got a divorce. heheheh
Where is Buck?

Location hidden

#175983 Aug 31, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>That you are too poorly endowed to consider yourself a real one is rather unfortunate... for you.
You ever figure out where Pluto is yet?

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>What percentage of the time is that wrong?
Nearly 50%.
So I don't really think you're an authority on "Pluto's place", twart.

50%. LMFAO

What a dolt!

"Is Pluto sometimes closer to us than Neptune?

Because Pluto has an orbit around the sun which is very elliptical, there are times when it crosses Neptune's orbit and is actually closer to the sun than Neptune. This happened recently during a twenty year period from 1979 to 1999. For now, Pluto is back to being farther away from the sun than Neptune. It will be more than 230 years before Pluto and Neptune trade places again. Pluto slips inside of Neptune's orbit once every 248 Earth years for a period of twenty years."

That's less then 10%.

What a nut job.

Oh and it will be 230 more years that I'm right with my comment.

Ya you sure showed me. Bawhahaha

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#175984 Aug 31, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Buck?
Getting 3 squares a day back at the Gray Bar Hotel?

Location hidden

#175985 Aug 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be silly. I am disgusted in how willfully ignorant you, and people like you are. Your deities are your personal, imagined beings. They don't exist apart from you.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm writing to you and not to the thing of your worship. It's not real, so it couldn't read my words or respond.

[QUOTE]So it is not God but me for some reason having to do with reflexive and yes i do dress myself."

Self-reflexivity is not about putting clothing on...

<sigh>

[QUOTE]I have no problem with God depicted. I do not find Him repulsive nor do i blame God for things we bring on ourselves especially when He warns us in advance."

Quite clearly you feel the need to defend your image of "God" and polish it shiny, forcibly re-interpreting the OT to produce a clean, moral and all-loving image.

[QUOTE]I do find it bizarre folks like you find slavery as depicted in Scripture so repulsive while you practically ignore it everywhere else. Justin addresses a despicable type in His first apology 27
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/richardson/fathers.x...
<quoted text>
And you rant against slavery in the Bible and ignore this???
"

1. You're confused.

2. I'm pointing out to you that your deity cannot be the source of all human morality. How "God" is imagined changes throughout time and history and depends on cultural context.

3. When slavery was widespread, the Bible was used to support slavery. The OT depicts a deity who clearly endorses slavery and is, in no way, opposed to it.

4. Yet you claim that now the deity is against slavery, and you point out that the Bible was also used to argue against slavery (thank you, Quakers).

5. Clearly, you fail to understand that your personal beliefs are the product of late 20th century Christianity and Western history up to that point. You fail to realize how very different Christians in different centuries "knew" and "experienced" God and that they were very, very different from you.

6. "God" and Christianity are not constants. They are products of human culture. Your deity is a socially constructed being. It does not exist apart from you. You have been trained to interpret experience such that for you "God exists - not unlike believers in all other religions experiencing their deities.
" I am disgusted in how willfully ignorant you, and people like you are. Your deities are your personal, imagined beings"

Your 3 BIG Myths:

1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175986 Aug 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
An "atheist" can't make a claim, period, by their own definition of themselves. Non-belief is passive. Making a claim, or choosing among theories something they consider a truth, isn't.
Classic atheism is a part of the growth process, a questioning that leads to a better understanding. Topix atheists are not of that caliber. They are trained apes looking at other trained apes, and trying to exploit them with high sounding words their very basis of "non-belief" render bullshit. They see only the shiny stuff and think "I want". By the very nature of their imagined existence they can not see beyond themselves. They are pure physical constructs with nothing but self interest. They don't believe in a higher intelligence or morality. They can't.
Theists look at another human being, no matter the color or configuration, or even animals, and see a soul trapped inside a body like themselves making do the best they can with what they have. They still have to function on the physical, but they have an awareness of the higher. It is that sort of belief that unites mankind and gives him a purpose to strive for, like reaching out to this higher force. Topix atheists have nothing to strive for but their own desires. Which made them monkeys on a leash held by smarter monkeys.
The early days of the internet there were debates between Atheist and Gnostic Atheist. Since then they all sound the same. I think many of them have jobs at colleges. The tree primates in our evolution tree is strange. I do believe in evolution, but many of us, think this detail is wrong. It is strange none of the Online Atheist do. Overall there are many strange things about them

Lamar, CO

#175987 Aug 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The early days of the internet there were debates between Atheist and Gnostic Atheist. Since then they all sound the same. I think many of them have jobs at colleges. The tree primates in our evolution tree is strange. I do believe in evolution, but many of us, think this detail is wrong. It is strange none of the Online Atheist do. Overall there are many strange things about them
They are nothing but clones.

Lamar, CO

#175988 Aug 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I made an extended trip to NC just a few weeks back and went to some places I've always wanted to explore.
It's sorta like when someone gets a speeding ticket, and says they really weren't speeding. You tend to give the benefit of the doubt.
But once they get a bunch of speeding tickets, you tend to think its a problem they have, and not - "thoseassholecops".
See?
My best friend and one of the finer people to have lived was from NC. "From". He never looked back after leaving it.

Knew a lot of them in the military.

God is a Tar Heel. Just ask them.

Could have sworn you were from NC.

Lamar, CO

#175989 Aug 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
Oh, speeding tickets and as*hole NC cops.

In 1969 I and a mile or so of other traffic was stuck behind some NC as*hole doing about 10 miles below the limit on Route 13 in Gates County for 20 minutes. FINALLY an opening in oncoming traffic became available and I did a very fast passing of that individual, to get around him and allow the others to have a chance to pass. A NC State Trooper got me one mile over the limit. Now, I was more than that until I saw him in my rear view, but I'm quick. However, he did inform me the state of NC would let me pay a fine and I could go about my way. Which I did.$5 fine,$15 court costs. There were a few other out of state drivers being afforded the same courtesy I was at that time. Was probably his cousin Jethro driving that camper.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#175990 Aug 31, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Buck?
Haven't seen that pig farmer in a while.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#175991 Aug 31, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Buck?
He is experimenting with medieval torture devices , he quasi-crucified himself but could only drive 2 of the three nails. Now he wants to know if you can come over and bring a crow bar, or a bottle of Jack Daniels. Either one will do he said.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175992 Aug 31, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot!
Mathematically proven debunked.
Violates the laws of science.
That position is not held in the mainstream.
Nope.

At the quantum level of everything NOTHING is caused.

Nothing.

Not a single event is caused at the **quantum** level.

Your total ignorance of all things science AND MATH is duly noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175993 Aug 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy, I say. You would vote for a Atheist over a theist. My statement is based on political views. Why stop here Bob, let's call all straight line voters bigot.
Nope-- I would vote for the most **honest** candidate, if ever there was one.

Alas, since 99% of them are TRUE BELIEVERS™?

That means 99% of them are LIARS.

That's the way of all True Believers™-- they lie because they must.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175994 Aug 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need any more convincing, however as I do have more time left. I do make some adjustments to my beliefs. If I did say yes period. You would not believe me any how. I don't get how you go on talking to someone you don't believe at all. You may as well get an empty chair like Clint Eastward did. It may even be more becoming.
Nothing in your rambles and hate-speech above, is in support of your myth-god.

Interesting.

You tall all AROUND the point-- but fail to actually MAKE one.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175995 Aug 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
If you want to learn about The Old Testament walk out that front door and find a Rabbi.
I have-- on multiple occasions.

So much for YOUR BIGOTED AND PREJUDICED ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ME.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175996 Aug 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume again. I find it hard to believe both of you have such poor comprehension skills.
When I post. "You can not prove The universe was started with or without a creator" I give you reason a.------ reason b.------ and reason c. The answer is in the statement. "(You can't prove The Universe was started) with or without a creator"
The answer was as I showed you. You can't prove period, how The Universe was started. Even if you don't agree with that answer. Which I off course don't see how you can't, even Stephen Hawking, whom clearly would love to drive your point home states that. You are a waste of people's time for this reason.
That is why I believe you multi log on ID. No great plot, nothing against me or people you talk to. It is because you have built walls around yourself, and now you have too much time on hands. The great conspiracy is you need to go out.
The universe was "started"? Really?

You "know" this... how?

What if the present state is just a different phase or form, from a previous phase?

And that the universe always was, and never HAD a start at all?

All your blathering and wall-of-senseless-words?

And you didn't mention THAT possibility.

Fail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Islam n Judaism 80,260
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min URineIdiot 701,633
Chubby gay horny 38 min Teddybear 2
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 54 min Teddybear 30
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 448,408
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Prince of Darkness 995,790
I'm ON BOARD: James Harden for NBA MVP 10 hr Doctor REALITY 2