Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,656
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#175707 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>the smart people are Christians!! the dumb are atheist...
Nope...it doesn't work that way.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175708 Aug 28, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
no offence at all,dude,I know soul is just something religious hope for due to their fear of death,
IF there was souls,we should be able to comunicate with dead,so can you?
now consider what living for eternity would be like,kissing Jebus ahole every day,only a DumbClown would dig that LLL
There is a fundamentalist version of Christianity as there are Atheist and atheist. The online crowd acts as Fundie Christians are the majority, and that is so far from the truth

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175709 Aug 28, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
IF the Perfect One couldnt keep up,it would NOT be PERFECT now would it!
you simpletons are quite amusing LLL
carry on
It's not all ways perfect to keep up. The non souled atheist do have a purpose. I suggest the dying down of The Human Race. He may see us as the bullies that will pollute The Universe as we do Earth. We may die off, but we will be replaced.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#175710 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I find everyday to be a miracle. The human race. Our souls get to act out in this animal form. I all ways come back. For reasons, souls now seek simpler forms. Different breakdowns for different reasons. You could see this conversation is meant for a different message tread. If you want to point it out to me I'll go more into details. After posting with Atheist for about 15 years now, on and off. I am sorry, but they just are not honest enough for such a conversation. I also don't know if you could talk personal beliefs without coming across as condescending. We are really the silent majority. As in most people do remain their religion even after tuning their beliefs to their personal preferences. I really don't care if anyone but me, sees things just the way I do. Online Atheist are the opposite.
It doesn't bother me if people don't see things just as I do either...I made my choices based on my research, and my feelings...I find it difficult when people argue, especially when the arguments cannot be won for either side. I just wish people could have there own personal beliefs and still be able to function in a society that doesn't require every belief to fight to be dominant...if that makes sense. My boyfriend has told me several times that I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist. I always try to be honest when giving my opinions...I like the conversations better. I often wonder if everyone on these forums are honest and if they speak the same offline as they do online to people. It's really frightening, and quite sad sometimes to think that this is who they really are and how they really feel.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175711 Aug 28, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
really einstein?...who started your creator, which you fabricated with your delusions?.....matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed...fundamental law of physics...
Those are the deities I would choose to worship. The overall creator needs no followings. I posted something about that last night.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175712 Aug 28, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me if people don't see things just as I do either...I made my choices based on my research, and my feelings...I find it difficult when people argue, especially when the arguments cannot be won for either side. I just wish people could have there own personal beliefs and still be able to function in a society that doesn't require every belief to fight to be dominant...if that makes sense. My boyfriend has told me several times that I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist. I always try to be honest when giving my opinions...I like the conversations better. I often wonder if everyone on these forums are honest and if they speak the same offline as they do online to people. It's really frightening, and quite sad sometimes to think that this is who they really are and how they really feel.
I may surprise you with this response, and you may find it too abrasive. I am an abrasive person. I do feel the way I post about things, and I am sure the Atheist here are consistent with how they interact. They are very quick to attack others. I think there are reasons they are the way they are. I think they are socially challenged. I see evidence of this. You can't chat it out with them. It's not just they do not believe in God, they don't take people's word for even routine statements. My abrasiveness and their lack of social skills all most all ways make for a harsh conversation. Ad yes, I do believe we all know ourselves. It's not that I use that as an attack.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175714 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>creation is enough for me...
... but not **proof**....

.... do you want some cheeze with your whine?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175715 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you know who I am talking about. He just isn't important enough for me to recall his name. It was about 1998, he lost a British TV contract due to his appearance. He was a media whore, perhaps I would be betraying myself to look his name up. He did write books. From what I recall he was most famous for saying he wanted his dying filmed so no one could claim he saw God the last moment. Honestly big whippie! I am guessing he died never uttering the last words. "I see the light." If you want to claim I made a mockery of his death, I strongly disagree and say he made it a mockery. there are other dead people I would say were media whores. Can't call it, if I was a celebrity, maybe I would be one. I do doubt it though.
Then I'll take this as you talking out of your azz. You have NO idea who you're talking about and what this person stood for, I do believe you're just making shit up, how dishonest and stupid of you. When intelligent people talk about someone, they supply not only their names, but what it is they stood for. You just like to hear yourself talk You don't think this person is worth looking up but you certainly think its worths rambling on and on about him/her. Don't you think thats a bit foolish and a complete waste of time?

Now tell us all about the God you worship who murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Ready....set.........GO!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175716 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There really is nothing to offer a rebuttal for. There are things you post I don't take serious enough to dispute.
Your continued admission of defeat is noted, and acknowledged.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175717 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I would wager you post 20+ hours a week, about this topic,
Nope... barely an hour a day-- I type and read quite fast.

It's clear?

You can do neither.

Your jealousy is showing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175718 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite, I am sure you posted much worse.
Prove it-- link to my "much worse".

Can you do it?

No?

So you lie, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175719 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
To his day I have read you as a true agnostic. I am like you in the details you mention, but more likely I take more leaps of faith than you do. If you read one of my other post, it's hard to believe, but I do ride with what I find to be the most likely, combined with some personal experiences. Let's call time out now. look how far off topic I am going.
Not only do you take a "leap of faith"?

You leap right into the land of delusions and hate.

Every post you make to me reeks of your bigotry.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175720 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a fundamentalist version of Christianity
And you are one of it's main hateful spokes-bigots.

Your Jesus would be so not proud of your ugly attitude.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175721 Aug 28, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...it doesn't work that way.
yes it does

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175722 Aug 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
... but not **proof**....
.... do you want some cheeze with your whine?
I have all the proof I need !!! you are the one that's a doubting Thomas and all out nut

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175723 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Not only do you take a "leap of faith"?
You leap right into the land of delusions and hate.
Every post you make to me reeks of your bigotry.
why don't you go off in a corner and cry Bob... Every post you make reeks of a pu**Y

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175724 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
And you are one of it's main hateful spokes-bigots.
Your Jesus would be so not proud of your ugly attitude.
you don't believe in Jesus you idiot he can talk to you anyway he wants to!!!!!!!! it can't offend a poor dumb atheist... your satan hates you Bob

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175725 Aug 28, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
you would choose to worship?....the overall creator needs no followings?.... WTF does that even all mean....
so you make up deities and you worship them?.... who is this overall creator you reference?... exactly where are you getting your info from?....
Some times some one just won't get it. What does God need with a Starship? God does not need, but spirits and deities do. If you don't get it, I can't help you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175726 Aug 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Then I'll take this as you talking out of your azz. You have NO idea who you're talking about and what this person stood for, I do believe you're just making shit up, how dishonest and stupid of you. When intelligent people talk about someone, they supply not only their names, but what it is they stood for. You just like to hear yourself talk You don't think this person is worth looking up but you certainly think its worths rambling on and on about him/her. Don't you think thats a bit foolish and a complete waste of time?
Now tell us all about the God you worship who murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Ready....set.........GO!!!
I am happy you don't know of him. I really don't get the rest of what you posted. It is clear you continue to stray off topic. Sure I made the jerkoff up.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175727 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I have all the proof I need !!!
I know-- your gullibility is almost as great as your seething hatred for all non-believers.

You once wrote that you'd see all non-believers murdered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Darwins Stepchild 824,961
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min kent 582,396
Homosexuality is FILTHY.....and an INSULT to God! 19 min Doctor REALITY 4
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 26 min lil whispers 2,240
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,746
Immoral DEVILS buying up convenience stores in ... 47 min Doctor REALITY 9
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Blagoja 442,391
More from around the web