Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258039 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175755 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am happy you don't know of him. I really don't get the rest of what you posted. It is clear you continue to stray off topic. Sure I made the jerkoff up.
Do you often make up people and then trash them? You do know what kind of people make up imaginary people right? Yep thats right, THEISTS. So you are in Keeping with your delusional beliefs. Good for you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175756 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The poor ole fool, Bob' will be whining like the little tittie baby he is when Judgment Day comes around. "Oh, Lord, I - I - I was just kidding. I'm not a real atheist! I - I - I just pretended to be an atheist, you know, to fool that mean ole devil.
If? By some ugly and impossibly evil twist your hideous god DOES turn out to be real?

I will hork a lugi directly into it's monstrous eye.

JUST FOR MURDERING ALL THOSE BABIES, if nothing else.

Beg?

Not even-- your "heaven" would be a literal HELL for me.

..... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175757 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The poor ole fool, Bob' will be whining like the little tittie baby he is when Judgment Day comes around. "Oh, Lord, I - I - I was just kidding. I'm not a real atheist! I - I - I just pretended to be an atheist, you know, to fool that mean ole devil.
But the **most** hellish thing about your "heaven"?

YOU WILL BE THERE.

That?

That alone? Would be the ultimate in hellish existence...

.... listing to your ugly abuse forever...

........ meh.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175758 Aug 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Historically speaking, it has been you Genuine Christians™ who has burned people at the stake.
The **only** thing keeping you from doing so again?
Is that it's now illegal.
That is **all** that holds your ugly cult back from genocide.
Really Bob it was a mean time, everyone was mean. I would go into detail, but it would be so far off topic.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175759 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Not a counter-argument. Fail.
<quoted text>
This has already been established--that the universe has no creator.
And does not need one. Quantum mechanics demonstrates this quite nicely.
Your argument is without merit.
Fail.
<quoted text>
Not an argument. Just idiotic whining and some name-calling for good measure.
Fail.
No seriously Bob there is a first thing you have to prove. Really, you can not figure out what that is. You must have the reading comprehension of an 8th grader at best.

You could impress me by telling me what that first thing is. I admit I've been spanking you here because I do know you can't prove that first thing.

THE STATEMENT. Prove the Universe started without a creator.

Clue 1. No one has done it but they have tried.

Clue 2. Theist and Atheist admit Clue #1, therefore this topic is their best guess. ie faith

Clue 3. It is in the statement.

With all those clues, your reading comprehension would have to be below 3rd grade level to not figure out "What is the 1st thing you have to figure out, to answer above statement.

You are jive turkey.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175760 Aug 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do you often make up people and then trash them? You do know what kind of people make up imaginary people right? Yep thats right, THEISTS. So you are in Keeping with your delusional beliefs. Good for you.
I am happy Jesus out lived that jerkoff from the 1990s. I am glad you don't know who I am talking about he is a dead media seeker. These are such victories. You just couldn't figure that out.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175761 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No for the Umteenth time. You can't prove that The Universe has no creator. I don't get why you consider straying from this a victory in this discussion. AND, I know you can not prove it. If you could, you ma be the biggest waste of talent, but that notion is really silly.
When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. "If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed".[1] This burden does not necessarily require a mathematical or strictly logical proof, although many strong arguments do rise to this level (such as in logical syllogisms). Rather, the evidential standard required for a given claim is determined by convention or community standards, with regard to the context of the claim in question.[2][3]

Glad I could clear up your misconception on exactly WHO shoulders the burden of proof.

You......"The universe has a creator." You are therefore "The person asserting a claim." Se how that works cupcake!!!! Good!! Now get busy with your proof, or admit to appealing to ignorance. Your choice.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175762 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
If? By some ugly and impossibly evil twist your hideous god DOES turn out to be real?
Beg?
..... meh.
Honestly why does the abortion issue come up? You really have issues with staying on topic.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175763 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Some times some one just won't get it. What does God need with a Starship? God does not need, but spirits and deities do. If you don't get it, I can't help you.
Please explain to us all exactly how you know that your God does not need a starship. Prove that the God you believe in is NOT an individual from an ancient and advance race of extraterrestrials, and does in fact need a starship. I'll wait!!!

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175764 Aug 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain to us all exactly how you know that your God does not need a starship. Prove that the God you believe in is NOT an individual from an ancient and advance race of extraterrestrials, and does in fact need a starship. I'll wait!!!
God does not need ANYTHING. What does God need with a _____. You could fill that blank with any word. Honestly you should have figured that out on your own.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175765 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Beg?
..... meh.
I don't believe any of this dumb lying post!

TRY AGAIN BOB

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175766 Aug 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. "If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed".[1] This burden does not necessarily require a mathematical or strictly logical proof, although many strong arguments do rise to this level (such as in logical syllogisms). Rather, the evidential standard required for a given claim is determined by convention or community standards, with regard to the context of the claim in question.[2][3]
Glad I could clear up your misconception on exactly WHO shoulders the burden of proof.
You......"The universe has a creator." You are therefore "The person asserting a claim." Se how that works cupcake!!!! Good!! Now get busy with your proof, or admit to appealing to ignorance. Your choice.
Give it up, you can't prove it. Much better have tried. If you could prove it, and you didn't profit from it, than you really are lost.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175767 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Bob it was a mean time, everyone was mean. I would go into detail, but it would be so far off topic.
You're wrong once again, the real MEAN time was during your Gods murdering spree when he killed over 2 million people.(See one of my previous posts for the exact breakdown of Gods murders.) It's called GODS KILL LIST!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175768 Aug 28, 2013
blackgoon wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain to us all exactly how you know that your God does not need a starship. Prove that the God you believe in is NOT an individual from an ancient and advance race of extraterrestrials, and does in fact need a starship. I'll wait!!!
that is one goofy post! LMAO you're losing to Robert, real bad I can see it in your BOZO posts... you and Bob are pitiful a disgrace to the atheist race! no skills/game very sad!!!!!! God is this the best they have?? I told you Clownie they are goofy! Your right Lord my bad...

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#175769 Aug 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>your god is evil... satan
Your god has two faces, one of them is you.
The other one is the devil. Atheists do not believe in your faces.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#175770 Aug 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Slavery is regulated in the Bible for the benefit of the slave! Different types of slavery were a historical reality in the ancient world! Also corporal punishment. This was all normal. <quoted text> Define Christian. When the South defended southern slavery it presupposed humane treatment where slaves were considered extended family according to your wiki source! They were cared for when old. They had places to live. They could marry and have children. They could be set free! The type of slavery the south defended is the type depicted in the Novel Gone With The Wind where slaves where simply family. The South did not defend abusive slavery. It demanded the humane treatment of slaves. If you had abuse on a large scale then you ran the risk of slave revolt! That happens in the Old Testament under Rehoboam, the son of Solomon! The seeds for revolt were planted under Solomon and his building projects in which he disciplined slaves with whips. The division of the kingdom was the result of slave revolt!
1. You claimed I was being emotional, but I am not the one using apostrophes.

2. Do you believe your deity is the source of all morality? Is your deity the only perfectly moral being?

You see, I cannot agree with you if you believe so. A perfectly moral being would not write "slavery is ok, don't beat the slave too much." It would write "under no conditions is slavery to be permitted. I expect better from you, my creations."

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175771 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The **only** thing changed?

Is a GODLESS and SECULAR based government-- the Constitution.

It **prohibits** murdering people because they do not comply with religious faith.

I bet you **hate** that.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175772 Aug 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No seriously Bob there is a first thing you have to prove. Really, you can not figure out what that is. You must have the reading comprehension of an 8th grader at best.
It's been proven already. The present universe is uncaused.

No need of a creator at all.

Finis.

Some stable somewhere

#175773 Aug 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
If man escapes human justice then there is no accountability to God.
Yes, I believe this, b/c I do not believe in deities. And it is a shame.
Nature assumes no accountability and accepts by the consent of silence the right of the strong to dominate the weak.
As I wrote above, evolution is not "might makes right." Social animals are accountable to their conspecifics - and the many will punish the immoral.

Chimpanzee troops are often dominated by an alpha male. If he's good at being alpha - not nasty and abusive - the females will support his dominance. If he is nasty and abusive, they won't, and other males will overthrow him, often through a violent beating, possibly leading to death.

In humans, our rule of law does not take its authority from deities, but from the consent of the many.
To rule over them, to enslave them for their own good as an act of mercy.
That's immoral.
Children in the USA are taught Darwinism in an atheistic environment.
I can't speak for other teachers, but I teach evolution as a tool to understand biology and I make sure my students know it does not speak to their religion - they're quite welcome to keep their religion, but it's important to understand how biological science works.
In nature the strong holds no accountability to the weak.
That's true outside of social animals, and certainly among insects.
Then take it up with them. It has historical precedent and is not popular now but that can change. The laws of Nature are consistent unlike the laws of man.
What are the "laws of nature"?
Bell curve says Blacks are inferior intellectually. That is the science you do not want to discuss.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelli...
Wow. I can't believe you wrote that. Do you subscribe to Social Darwinism?

It's a discredited, defunct science (i.e., it's no longer considered science, but political manipulation).

Please read the link you provided in total. You'll see where you're mistaken. If you can't fully understand it, I'll explain in detail how contemporary science views race. In brief:

- all human populations are equally evolved
- all human populations have equal capacity for intelligence
- IQ tests are biased and measure "cultural knowledge and performance" and not whatever intelligence is
- if you give whites an IQ test based on black culture, they do poorly
You have alpha males in primate groups. The strong dominate the weak. Alpha males mate with all females and leave other males out in some groups. It other groups inferior males perform sexual favors to superior males as a sign of submission.
I hope my above ex. of the chimpanzee further clears this up for you. Also:

- genetic tests show that beta males do most of the mating, not alpha males
- alpha males are too busy policing the entire group, beta males sneak off with the girls
- usually peripheral males perform sex acts w/themselves, not on the alpha male in Pan (chimps, not bonobos) and Gorilla. Same sex sexual behavior increases their social bonds - this allows peripheral males to work together, esp. if they attempt to overthrow the alpha
- sex in bonobos is various and usually used to promote social harmoney
You and by extension others said the Bible supports slavery and i asked two questions based on your premise. If the Bible supports slavery then why are the Israelites liberated from Egyptian slavery and why did Elisha help the widow liberate her children from debt slavery? I could ask more.That is select quoting Eph 6:5 is to be compared with 6:9 and taken within context along with historical setting.
Please ask more. Exodus is a metaphorical story. However, between us, you're the expert on the Bible. You'll have to tell me what this story means, please. Me telling you just doesn't make sense. And I'd love to hear how slavery was argued against.

Some stable somewhere

#175775 Aug 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting.
Not worth dignifying this sort of garbage with a response.
Just disgusting.
Oops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 977,191
News Sean Hannity offers to fly Obama to Kenya - and... 8 min Caesar 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min kent 665,121
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min RADEKT 284,468
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Liamm 445
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 53 min Bongo 87,868
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Nohweh 174
More from around the web