Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175549 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't read what I posted. Then you go into a rant.
Must be your horn tooting experience.
Oh I read it alright, you claim to know a lot about God. You said "second guessing that God" meaning you know exactly what he is thinking.

The..."God realized he made junk." Again knowing what God is thinking.

"When he let them breed and create various copies." You now know that God had a choice, let them breed or now, so again you know what he is thinking.

"His way of recycling" You know this how???

"One reason Jesus was sent wit a message." So you know God sent Jesus, and that he had a message, again you know factual information about God. How is it you know all this, yet can't define exactly what he is?

Finally..."unless you make a call" You know that a call to God is possible?...Really, how do you know it is possible? How do you know if you have reached God? Will he answer? And don't give that shit about "You'll know when God answers your call"
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175550 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me there I did mean Hawking, and he did say that. I ad Atheism sucks. there is no reason to spread it and you are the moron for turning it into a religion.
Religion....."The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, a personal God." Now be so kind as to show us all what "superhuman controlling power" We Atheist *worship* Now don't you feel stupid?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175551 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Religion....."The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, a personal God." Now be so kind as to show us all what "superhuman controlling power" We Atheist *worship* Now don't you feel stupid?
There is no question he is stupid.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#175552 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the one trying to spread a negative belief. Face it there is ZERO reasons to promote Atheism
Lots of reasons, actually:

- it's good to promote critical thinking
- atheists awash in Christian families need to know there are other atheists around and doing well
- haven't seen a good argument against atheism ever. Not in theology, not on these rather poor forums, not in debate

I mean, the best you seem to have is "prove atheism!" But that's not an argument, that's just you shouting.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175553 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the one trying to spread a negative belief. Face it there is ZERO reasons to promote Atheism
All of the following are directly connected to Atheism:
1.) Reason
2.) Logic
3.) Skepticism
Now are these not excellent traits?
And here are the traits directly connected to Theism
1.) Credulity
2.) Gullibility
3.) Wish thinking
4.) Willful ignorance (usually involves evolution)
5.) Faith (accepting things without good reason)
6.) Irrational
7.) Intolerant
8.) Misogynistic
9.) Cult mentality
10.) Divisiveness
How many of these traits do you consider admirable?

Now do you see why spreading Atheism is so important....no I didn't think you would, how foolish of me to expect a rationale response!!!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#175554 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"try to stay educated"
"what do you do to limit being wrong?"
I observe, discern, and learn.
and project.
You forgot project! You project. It's true.
Don't forget~

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175555 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I read it alright, you claim to know a lot about God. You said "second guessing that God" meaning you know exactly what he is thinking.
The..."God realized he made junk." Again knowing what God is thinking.
"When he let them breed and create various copies." You now know that God had a choice, let them breed or now, so again you know what he is thinking.
"His way of recycling" You know this how???
"One reason Jesus was sent wit a message." So you know God sent Jesus, and that he had a message, again you know factual information about God. How is it you know all this, yet can't define exactly what he is?
Finally..."unless you make a call" You know that a call to God is possible?...Really, how do you know it is possible? How do you know if you have reached God? Will he answer? And don't give that shit about "You'll know when God answers your call"
Doesn't take much to get you into irrational mode. You are actually self starting in that.

Was that the post where I played a fundie? Using Bible God as an example?

I am much more machine oriented than you. Where you think you are hot shit, I just see you as shit like the rest of us, put to some purpose beyond our understanding.

Your limited mind doesn't allow you to put yourself into that kind of perspective. Remember my car and headlight analogies I laid on you before?

You are not existing in a void. You can influence what does, but the sum of it is much more than you can do anything about. You have 7 billion people right now that are intelligent creatures. You aren't even a face in that crowd. You need to understand that. That is also a huge amount of intelligent force at work in this universe, of which you are a microscopic portion, working together. For the most part. Why do you figure it is the only intelligent force in this universe?

You didn't invent the horn, nor did you make it. You just play it. Welcome to existence. Take a number. Follow the yellow line. We will call you.

You are living in a very small pond. You overestimate what you are.

You need to get your ego under control, because there is just no rational discourse with you unless you can. Going off on tangents just so you can have a rant doesn't work. Outside YOUR mind.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#175556 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't take much to get you into irrational mode. You are actually self starting in that.
I am much more machine oriented than you. Where you think you are hot shit, I just see you as shit like the rest of us, put to some purpose beyond our understanding.
Your limited mind doesn't allow you to put yourself into that kind of perspective. Remember my car and headlight analogies I laid on you before?
You are not existing in a void. You can influence what does, but the sum of it is much more than you can do anything about. You have 7 billion people right now that are intelligent creatures. You aren't even a face in that crowd. You need to understand that. That is also a huge amount of intelligent force at work in this universe, of which you are a microscopic portion, working together. For the most part. Why do you figure it is the only intelligent force in this universe?
You didn't invent the horn, nor did you make it. You just play it. Welcome to existence. Take a number. Follow the yellow line. We will call you.
You need to get your ego under control, because there is just no rational discourse with you unless you can. Going off on tangents just so you can have a rant doesn't work. Outside YOUR mind.
Dave Nelson: Human depressant.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175557 Aug 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave Nelson: Human depressant.
Indeed, with a side of word-diarrhea.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#175558 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again not taking anyone's word for anything. No doubt I respect a Christian ran society more than a atheist ran one. I would never choose to live in one, and neither would you.
Then you can move to Russia it's taken over by Christianity and soon the death camps will be built in siberia for people that the church do not like
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175559 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you take such great pleasure in devaluing human worth? You may not be a face in the crowd, possibly because you have added nothing of value. I and anyone else who has made an attempt to contribute, to leave a mark, are in fact a recognizable face in the crowd.

No I don't remember your car and headlight analogy, but I'm sure it was pointless. So you think that you and others are *shit*? really, you really don't think of yourself as anything more than a piece of shit? Wow, that is terribly sad!!! You wake up each morning ready to face the day knowing that you and everyone else are shit!!! Maybe you should take some lesson on an instrument, maybe the piano, learn to play something, maybe you'll feel better about yourself, couldn't hurt.

Ok, you have made a serious assertion that needs to be supported. "There is a huge amount of intelligent force at work in the universe." And you know this how? And I'm sure you would never have made such a claim unless you were ready to provide evidence. Well, I'm waiting, evidence please that the universe contains and intelligent force. Why do I figure that it is the only intelligent force in the universe? First off what is *IT*? And how do you know *IT* is the ONLY intelligent force in then universe? How do you know that there is ANY intelligent force in the universe?

You appear to be no different from the Theists who makes all sorts of claims and when asked to provide evidence their "dance of the fools" begin. I'm waiting for your dance to begin. I'll even supply the music. Whats your pleasure, fast, slow, even eights or swing eights? I can wait for your dance to begin.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#175560 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you have some real bad dreams! start saying your prayers
Praying is the same thing as doing absolutely nothing

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175562 Aug 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you take such great pleasure in devaluing human worth? You may not be a face in the crowd, possibly because you have added nothing of value. I and anyone else who has made an attempt to contribute, to leave a mark, are in fact a recognizable face in the crowd.
No I don't remember your car and headlight analogy, but I'm sure it was pointless. So you think that you and others are *shit*? really, you really don't think of yourself as anything more than a piece of shit? Wow, that is terribly sad!!! You wake up each morning ready to face the day knowing that you and everyone else are shit!!! Maybe you should take some lesson on an instrument, maybe the piano, learn to play something, maybe you'll feel better about yourself, couldn't hurt.
Ok, you have made a serious assertion that needs to be supported. "There is a huge amount of intelligent force at work in the universe." And you know this how? And I'm sure you would never have made such a claim unless you were ready to provide evidence. Well, I'm waiting, evidence please that the universe contains and intelligent force. Why do I figure that it is the only intelligent force in the universe? First off what is *IT*? And how do you know *IT* is the ONLY intelligent force in then universe? How do you know that there is ANY intelligent force in the universe?
You appear to be no different from the Theists who makes all sorts of claims and when asked to provide evidence their "dance of the fools" begin. I'm waiting for your dance to begin. I'll even supply the music. Whats your pleasure, fast, slow, even eights or swing eights? I can wait for your dance to begin.
You managed to twist and distort what I posted so much there is no place I can enter to respond.

Get a dementia exam. You are that age.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#175563 Aug 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You managed to twist and distort what I posted so much there is no place I can enter to respond.
Get a dementia exam. You are that age.
You can't distort having no proof of god any further.

We know what liars say to cover their a$$e$ in this forum
LCNlin

United States

#175564 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't distort having no proof of god any further.
We know what liars say to cover their a$$e$ in this forum
When did atheists become so teeth-gratingly annoying?

Surely non-believers in God weren't always the colossal pains in the collective backside that they are today? Surely there was a time when you could say to someone "I am an atheist" without them instantly assuming you were a smug, self-righteous loather of dumb hicks given to making pseudo-clever statements like, "Well, Leviticus also frowns upon having unkempt hair, did you know that?" Things are now so bad that I tend to keep my atheism to myself, and instead mumble something about being a very lapsed Catholic if I'm put on the spot, for fear that uttering the A-word will make people think I'm a Dawkins drone with a mammoth superiority complex and a hives-like allergy to nurses wearing crucifixes.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brendanonei...
LCNlin

United States

#175565 Aug 26, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying is the same thing as doing absolutely nothing
... as is posting atheist posts ?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#175566 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>... as is posting atheist posts ?
you spelled theist wrong

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#175567 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
When did atheists become so teeth-gratingly annoying?
Surely non-believers in God weren't always the colossal pains in the collective backside that they are today? Surely there was a time when you could say to someone "I am an atheist" without them instantly assuming you were a smug, self-righteous loather of dumb hicks given to making pseudo-clever statements like, "Well, Leviticus also frowns upon having unkempt hair, did you know that?" Things are now so bad that I tend to keep my atheism to myself, and instead mumble something about being a very lapsed Catholic if I'm put on the spot, for fear that uttering the A-word will make people think I'm a Dawkins drone with a mammoth superiority complex and a hives-like allergy to nurses wearing crucifixes.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brendanonei...
Your stupidity alone makes me doubt evolution.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#175568 Aug 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of reasons, actually:
- it's good to promote critical thinking
- atheists awash in Christian families need to know there are other atheists around and doing well
- haven't seen a good argument against atheism ever. Not in theology, not on these rather poor forums, not in debate
I mean, the best you seem to have is "prove atheism!" But that's not an argument, that's just you shouting.
One argument against 'spreading' atheism could be if the person in question is overbearing and obnoxious on the topic. But, then that would have more to do with the person than the message.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#175569 Aug 26, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
One argument against 'spreading' atheism could be if the person in question is overbearing and obnoxious on the topic. But, then that would have more to do with the person than the message.

Just how much 'spreading' atheism have you done?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 3,125
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min dirty white boy- 739,740
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min confrinting with ... 542,822
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Aura Mytha 259,599
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 173,716
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 32 min abcd 865
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 45 min blck Thndr 42 601,125
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••