Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175271 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest with you, I think the average online atheist is a 400 plus pound person that just lives to post online and eat. How they afford I. Only in America. Just imagine why you and you gang do this people are working themselves to death to fed their families.
I've laughed till my balls hurt! thanks Robert

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#175272 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
Quantum physics is the greatest proof of a creator.
Would you care to supply details to this claim?
How or why you spin it is beyond me.
The truth is beyond you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175274 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
He does take his bull shit too seriously, but that may be all he has.
It is nourishing to him.

Location hidden

#175276 Aug 23, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The truth is beyond you.
You don't get waves unless you have a container.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#175278 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I have to ask that is off topic, is. How do you call yourself Quantum Bob.
Quaalude Bob. Poly's insignificant other.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#175279 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get waves unless you have a container.
Quantum physics is the calculation of statistical probability that something will be in position x at a specific point in space and time. Einstein didn't like this notion, thinking prediction could be nailed in exacts. He was wrong. You have a wave that is in every position and in some positions not even measurable , until you measure it, and pinpoint the location at a specific point in space and time.

Location hidden

#175280 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Quantum physics is the calculation of statistical probability that something will be in position x at a specific point in space and time. Einstein didn't like this notion, thinking prediction could be nailed in exacts. He was wrong. You have a wave that is in every position and in some positions not even measurable , until you measure it, and pinpoint the location at a specific point in space and time.

And?

One more time.

You don't have waves unless you have a container. I should have added you also need a lesser density available for the waves to even form. The difference between a fully enclosed and totally filled container versus a dish.

Location hidden

#175281 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
One more time.
You don't have waves unless you have a container. I should have added you also need a lesser density available for the waves to even form. The difference between a fully enclosed and totally filled container versus a dish.
Containers and dishes have nothing to do with it.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175282 Aug 23, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The truth is beyond you.
I just ain't wasting my time like that. I know I have seen enough TV Shows on Quantum physics to make the statement I have. Because you deny or state something does not make it the truth. You are the classic "I know everything person" and you bare that burden.

Location hidden

#175283 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Containers and dishes have nothing to do with it.
Uh huh.

Tell us how you get waves in the Greater Universe. Maybe more on this position thing without waves.

Aura, a wave is a moving displacement. If you have nothing to stop it, it just wanders off to out of sight. If it is traveling at light speed away, you aren't going to see it.

There are a bunch of questions that could be asked about those terms and definitions and determinations. Something oddly circular about them.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#175284 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I just ain't wasting my time like that. I know I have seen enough TV Shows on Quantum physics to make the statement I have. Because you deny or state something does not make it the truth. You are the classic "I know everything person" and you bare that burden.
Sorry, but watching popularizations on TV just doesn't cut it when discussing QM. Most are so watered down as to be silly. Others are simply wrong in particulars.

I certainly don't know everything, but I do know my subjects: math and physics. If you want references to refereed papers, I can give them.

Location hidden

#175285 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Tell us how you get waves in the Greater Universe. Maybe more on this position thing without waves.
Aura, a wave is a moving displacement. If you have nothing to stop it, it just wanders off to out of sight. If it is traveling at light speed away, you aren't going to see it.
There are a bunch of questions that could be asked about those terms and definitions and determinations. Something oddly circular about them.
No,,,but there is something odd about them... yes .

It is the fact that you cannot pinpoint them exactly, because they are everywhere AT THE SAME TIME., but if you force pinpointing a location you can find it being at a place or position x at a probabilistic point in space/time. Another words it is likely to be there by numerical odds at a given time and position.
conservative crapola

Matawan, NJ

#175286 Aug 23, 2013
Just give Jesus the same chance that he gave you.

Location hidden

#175289 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No,,,but there is something odd about them... yes .
It is the fact that you cannot pinpoint them exactly, because they are everywhere AT THE SAME TIME., but if you force pinpointing a location you can find it being at a place or position x at a probabilistic point in space/time. Another words it is likely to be there by numerical odds at a given time and position.
An awfully big universe to pull those kinds of experiments.

Projection is everything.

But nothing moves unless something moves it.
LCNlin

United States

#175290 Aug 23, 2013
Philosophy News

An Italian teenager who wrote to Pope Francis was shocked when the informal Argentinian pontiff phoned him for a chat.

In the latest of series of calls made by Pope Francis which embody his unstuffy style, the pontiff rang Stefano Cabizza, an IT student from Padua, for a jokey conversation after the youth wrote to him about his life and his hopes of finding a job after graduating.

Cabizza reported he was lost for words when a voice said: "This is Pope Francis."

"I couldn't believe it. We laughed and joked for eight minutes," he told Italian newspaper Il Gazzettino, adding: "It was certainly the best day of my life."

Francis started by asking Cabizza to address him using the informal Italian word 'tu', rather than the more formal 'lei'.

Cabizza reported Francis reminded him Jesus and the apostles used 'tu'. "They were friends as you and I are now and I am used to using 'tu' with friends," Cabizza said Francis told him.

The student said Francis blessed him and asked him to pray for him.

The pope had already called him once, said Cabizza, but called back after missing him because he was out.

It was reported earlier this month that the pope had rung a man in central Italy who had written to him after his brother was murdered.

Michele Ferri, 40, said he had been stunned to pick up the phone and hear a voice say, "Ciao Michele, it's Pope Francis."

"He told me he had cried when he read the letter I had written him," Ferri said.

Francis's disregard for protocol was first evident days after his election as pope in March when he called his newsagent in Buenos Aires to cancel his newspaper subscription, explaining he was staying in Rome for good.

Francis needed to persuade the newsagent, Daniel Del Regno, that it was really him, and not a joke call. He also called his dentist to cancel an appointment.

The 76-year-old pope has sent shockwaves through the Vatican by his decision not to move into the papal apartment, instead taking a room at the busy residence at the Vatican where visiting prelates stay, and where he joins them for meals in the canteen.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/22/...

Location hidden

#175291 Aug 23, 2013

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#175292 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you can't make a statement "physics supports a creator" and not provide evidence for that claim.

Otherwise, you're just blowing hot air.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175293 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest with you, I think the average online atheist is a 400 plus pound person that just lives to post online and eat. How they afford I. Only in America. Just imagine why you and you gang do this people are working themselves to death to fed their families.
Seeing that the evidence shows those who do not believe in a fictitious being are smarter than those who do believe, then it's understandable how we can have more free time and still make 6 figures.

Your post is a good example of the lesser intelligence believers have, as you have made an assertion without a shred of evidence.

I have a suggestion for you, put down that bible and pick up a science book. Try and cleanse your mind of the celestial dictator peering over your shoulder 24/7, and then maybe, just maybe, you to can have the freedom and leisure we Atheists so enjoy. Good Luck with loosing your horrid delusions.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175294 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a nut case. And that is your saving grace.
Jose walks out into a barren plain. With a stream running through it. He mixes water and the dirt and makes mud pies that then dry out and becomes bricks. He stacks the bricks and makes a house. He takes a rest. Now he has a place he can put to use at his discretion. To get out of the sun, to store things, or a place to keep his pets. Sometimes he may be there, sometimes not. He can come and go as he pleases. He created it.
Read Genesis 1 and 2. A garden was made where creations were visited.
Jose leaves his cat in the house. With plenty of food and water. He returns one day to find the place a mess from the kitty going wild. He told the kitty to behave.
You want to be a wild animal? OK, we will let you be a wild animal.
OUTSIDE, KITTY!!!
And Jose closes the door and walks off until he decides he needs or wants to come back to that house.
Kitty learns to eat bugs and keeps an eye on that door.
You make this stupid analogy, and then have the balls to call him a nutcase, REALLY?

Did anyone SEE Jose make this structure? Is there any evidence that Jose and not someone else or a group of people were responsible for the structure? Is there any evidence as to WHEN this structure was built? Jose was stupid for leaving the cat in an enclosed structure. Jose should have realized the nature of a cat, and that leaving them confined for a long period of time was asking for trouble. Jose was therefore ignorant. His idiocy was further compounded when he spoke to the cat and expected it to understand. Beside being incredibly stupid, Jose is also cruel and uncaring by throwing the cat out of the house. Like Adam and Eve, the cat had no concept of right or wrong, and forbidding it access to the house mirrors the cruelty displayed by God.

Is this really how you want to depict your God? You really think this analogy is a good one?

More to the point, lets assume that Jose KNEW that leaving the cat trapped in the structure was a bad idea. Knew that the cat would go crazy and cause a mess, he knew all this yet punished the cat anyway, this is exactly what God did. Am I the only one that see's this a total insanity??

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175295 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your blindly accepting what other men tell you instead of thinking for yourself. Those headaches can be a real bitch, eh?
Nothing in the above GodSwill Slime, addresses even ONE of my 3 points:

Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.

Period.

That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.

But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.

That's two.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.

That's three-- there's more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what makes white men so goofy (Sep '08) 5 min Johnny 187
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min dirty white boy- 750,284
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 19 min Al Capone 4,767
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min bad bob 174,418
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 45 min yon 602,162
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 59 min andet1987 5,450
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 1 hr Dpud803 106
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 261,624
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 548,471
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 13 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE