Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
168,181 - 168,200 of 224,197 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed I could produce evidence. My statement is clear and simple. For Atheism not to require faith, and furthermore not be a belief. The origin of The Universe would have to be proven, and proven that there is no creator. This would only happen when the human race knows everything. That's not happening. It comes down to what you believe is the greatest likelihood. I believe that is a case by case basis. Face it you faith should not be spread. Every time you do it, you prove you are a person of religion. I see no reason to spread my beliefs. I could offer books to read. I doubt you would enjoy them. They just are not for you. I accept you do know yourself, why do you have a hard time with all of humanity knowing themselves? I think that answer is obvious, and I don't need to hear it. Now could you get back on topic.
1. You claimed that the default position should be one of creation. Here you do not answer my request for evidence.

2. You write "Face it you faith should not be spread." I have no idea what you mean. That's not a sentence.

3. You write "I accept you do know yourself, why do you have a hard time with all of humanity knowing themselves?"

Huh? Clearly you do not read what I write. If you do, you take wildly different meanings from it than everyone else who reads me.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in the above godswill?
ADDRESSES A SINGLE ONE OF MY POINTS, BELOW:
Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.
Period.
That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.
But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.
That's two.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.
That's three-- there's more.
...or, perhaps, three proofs that if there is an omniscient God then we would not be able to explain how it could possibly be omniscient.

I would posit that "proves beyong any doubts" is not entirely accurate either. Even if you worded it 'reasonable doubts' I don't think it would be completely accurate.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I have to ask that is off topic, is. How do you call yourself Quantum Bob. I give you the theories of alternate existences and you have the opinion you do. I know you'll spin this some backwards way as you all ways do. Quantum physics is the greatest proof of a creator. How or why you spin it is beyond me.
Im starting to think youre mentaly retarded,or on some hard drugs,your posts are total nonsense.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simple. He doesn't understand what he "knows". But that doesn't stop him. His first lesson in life was if you can't dazzle with brilliance, then baffle with BS. Has served him well.
He does take his bull shit too seriously, but that may be all he has.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Im starting to think youre mentaly retarded,or on some hard drugs,your posts are total nonsense.
To be honest with you, I think the average online atheist is a 400 plus pound person that just lives to post online and eat. How they afford I. Only in America. Just imagine why you and you gang do this people are working themselves to death to fed their families.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest with you, I think the average online atheist is a 400 plus pound person that just lives to post online and eat. How they afford I. Only in America. Just imagine why you and you gang do this people are working themselves to death to fed their families.
I've laughed till my balls hurt! thanks Robert

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
Quantum physics is the greatest proof of a creator.
Would you care to supply details to this claim?
How or why you spin it is beyond me.
The truth is beyond you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
He does take his bull shit too seriously, but that may be all he has.
It is nourishing to him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The truth is beyond you.
You don't get waves unless you have a container.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I have to ask that is off topic, is. How do you call yourself Quantum Bob.
Quaalude Bob. Poly's insignificant other.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get waves unless you have a container.
Quantum physics is the calculation of statistical probability that something will be in position x at a specific point in space and time. Einstein didn't like this notion, thinking prediction could be nailed in exacts. He was wrong. You have a wave that is in every position and in some positions not even measurable , until you measure it, and pinpoint the location at a specific point in space and time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Quantum physics is the calculation of statistical probability that something will be in position x at a specific point in space and time. Einstein didn't like this notion, thinking prediction could be nailed in exacts. He was wrong. You have a wave that is in every position and in some positions not even measurable , until you measure it, and pinpoint the location at a specific point in space and time.

And?

One more time.

You don't have waves unless you have a container. I should have added you also need a lesser density available for the waves to even form. The difference between a fully enclosed and totally filled container versus a dish.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
One more time.
You don't have waves unless you have a container. I should have added you also need a lesser density available for the waves to even form. The difference between a fully enclosed and totally filled container versus a dish.
Containers and dishes have nothing to do with it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The truth is beyond you.
I just ain't wasting my time like that. I know I have seen enough TV Shows on Quantum physics to make the statement I have. Because you deny or state something does not make it the truth. You are the classic "I know everything person" and you bare that burden.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Containers and dishes have nothing to do with it.
Uh huh.

Tell us how you get waves in the Greater Universe. Maybe more on this position thing without waves.

Aura, a wave is a moving displacement. If you have nothing to stop it, it just wanders off to out of sight. If it is traveling at light speed away, you aren't going to see it.

There are a bunch of questions that could be asked about those terms and definitions and determinations. Something oddly circular about them.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I just ain't wasting my time like that. I know I have seen enough TV Shows on Quantum physics to make the statement I have. Because you deny or state something does not make it the truth. You are the classic "I know everything person" and you bare that burden.
Sorry, but watching popularizations on TV just doesn't cut it when discussing QM. Most are so watered down as to be silly. Others are simply wrong in particulars.

I certainly don't know everything, but I do know my subjects: math and physics. If you want references to refereed papers, I can give them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Tell us how you get waves in the Greater Universe. Maybe more on this position thing without waves.
Aura, a wave is a moving displacement. If you have nothing to stop it, it just wanders off to out of sight. If it is traveling at light speed away, you aren't going to see it.
There are a bunch of questions that could be asked about those terms and definitions and determinations. Something oddly circular about them.
No,,,but there is something odd about them... yes .

It is the fact that you cannot pinpoint them exactly, because they are everywhere AT THE SAME TIME., but if you force pinpointing a location you can find it being at a place or position x at a probabilistic point in space/time. Another words it is likely to be there by numerical odds at a given time and position.
conservative crapola

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Just give Jesus the same chance that he gave you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No,,,but there is something odd about them... yes .
It is the fact that you cannot pinpoint them exactly, because they are everywhere AT THE SAME TIME., but if you force pinpointing a location you can find it being at a place or position x at a probabilistic point in space/time. Another words it is likely to be there by numerical odds at a given time and position.
An awfully big universe to pull those kinds of experiments.

Projection is everything.

But nothing moves unless something moves it.
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Philosophy News

An Italian teenager who wrote to Pope Francis was shocked when the informal Argentinian pontiff phoned him for a chat.

In the latest of series of calls made by Pope Francis which embody his unstuffy style, the pontiff rang Stefano Cabizza, an IT student from Padua, for a jokey conversation after the youth wrote to him about his life and his hopes of finding a job after graduating.

Cabizza reported he was lost for words when a voice said: "This is Pope Francis."

"I couldn't believe it. We laughed and joked for eight minutes," he told Italian newspaper Il Gazzettino, adding: "It was certainly the best day of my life."

Francis started by asking Cabizza to address him using the informal Italian word 'tu', rather than the more formal 'lei'.

Cabizza reported Francis reminded him Jesus and the apostles used 'tu'. "They were friends as you and I are now and I am used to using 'tu' with friends," Cabizza said Francis told him.

The student said Francis blessed him and asked him to pray for him.

The pope had already called him once, said Cabizza, but called back after missing him because he was out.

It was reported earlier this month that the pope had rung a man in central Italy who had written to him after his brother was murdered.

Michele Ferri, 40, said he had been stunned to pick up the phone and hear a voice say, "Ciao Michele, it's Pope Francis."

"He told me he had cried when he read the letter I had written him," Ferri said.

Francis's disregard for protocol was first evident days after his election as pope in March when he called his newsagent in Buenos Aires to cancel his newspaper subscription, explaining he was staying in Rome for good.

Francis needed to persuade the newsagent, Daniel Del Regno, that it was really him, and not a joke call. He also called his dentist to cancel an appointment.

The 76-year-old pope has sent shockwaves through the Vatican by his decision not to move into the papal apartment, instead taking a room at the busy residence at the Vatican where visiting prelates stay, and where he joins them for meals in the canteen.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/22/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

669 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 36,519
Same sex marriage 4 min yon 19
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min USA Born 532,839
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min An NFL Fan 115,130
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min ChristINSANITY is EVIL 720,569
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min RiccardoFire 93,722
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 20 min Shane 38
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 256,529
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr lisw 172,402
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Reshi 76
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••