Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175251 Aug 23, 2013
The Topix Atheist creation Story

Oops!! Not a story, the real deal. The way it happened. Honest. Absolute scientific fact. Just ask one of them.

In the beginning,

There was nuttin'. Not a damned thing as far as the eye could see. Zero, zilch, nada.

Then a singularity started getting hot and it burst forth upon the face of absolutely nuttin'.

And it was good.

10^-34 second later and it really got big.

And it was good.

Immediately thereafter it began to fill the nuttin' with thingies. And then these thingies turned into things.

And it was good. And done in about 20 minutes.

And the rest is history.

Only the scientific method, Topix atheist style, can provide The Truth.

And anyone that disagrees with that will be doomed to ignorance and ridicule the rest of their days.

May Darwin's name be praised.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175252 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a nut case. And that is your saving grace.
Thanks! Coming from YOU? That means I've scored and scored BIG.

Good!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175253 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Read Genesis 1 and 2.
The stupid and evil bible is **not** proof of anything--

--- except that humans are capable of GREAT EVIL for having written that swill.

But thanks for playing!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175254 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a nut case. And that is your saving grace.
Jose walks out into a barren plain. With a stream running through it. He mixes water and the dirt and makes mud pies that then dry out and becomes bricks. He stacks the bricks and makes a house. He takes a rest. Now he has a place he can put to use at his discretion. To get out of the sun, to store things, or a place to keep his pets. Sometimes he may be there, sometimes not. He can come and go as he pleases. He created it.
Read Genesis 1 and 2. A garden was made where creations were visited.
Jose leaves his cat in the house. With plenty of food and water. He returns one day to find the place a mess from the kitty going wild. He told the kitty to behave.
You want to be a wild animal? OK, we will let you be a wild animal.
OUTSIDE, KITTY!!!
And Jose closes the door and walks off until he decides he needs or wants to come back to that house.
Kitty learns to eat bugs and keeps an eye on that door.
Nothing in the above godswill?

ADDRESSES A SINGLE ONE OF MY POINTS, BELOW:

Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.

Period.

That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.

But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.

That's two.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.

That's three-- there's more.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175255 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The Topix Atheist creation Story
Oops!! Not a story, the real deal. The way it happened. Honest. Absolute scientific fact. Just ask one of them.
In the beginning,
There was nuttin'. Not a damned thing as far as the eye could see. Zero, zilch, nada.
Then a singularity started getting hot and it burst forth upon the face of absolutely nuttin'.
And it was good.
10^-34 second later and it really got big.
And it was good.
Immediately thereafter it began to fill the nuttin' with thingies. And then these thingies turned into things.
And it was good. And done in about 20 minutes.
And the rest is history.
Only the scientific method, Topix atheist style, can provide The Truth.
And anyone that disagrees with that will be doomed to ignorance and ridicule the rest of their days.
May Darwin's name be praised.
Nothing in the above GodSwill Slime, addresses even ONE of my 3 points:

Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.

Period.

That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.

But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.

That's two.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.

That's three-- there's more.
Bongo

Brentwood, NY

#175256 Aug 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupid and evil bible is **not** proof of anything--
--- except that humans are capable of GREAT EVIL for having written that swill.
But thanks for playing!
so bob, are you an ugly dude with a low paying job, just wondering?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175257 Aug 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> so bob, are you an ugly dude with a low paying job, just wondering?
yes to all above plus he looks like Fred Mertz..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175258 Aug 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupid and evil bible is **not** proof of anything--
--- except that humans are capable of GREAT EVIL for having written that swill.
But thanks for playing!
I can understand your blindly accepting what other men tell you instead of thinking for yourself. Those headaches can be a real bitch, eh?
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#175259 Aug 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in the above GodSwill Slime, addresses even ONE of my 3 points:
Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.
Period.
That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.
But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.
That's two.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.
That's three-- there's more.
Deluded Dave obviously suffers from serious mental damage,and the rest of the kristains here arent any better judging from the Lunacy of their posts,.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175260 Aug 23, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Deluded Dave obviously suffers from serious mental damage,and the rest of the kristains here arent any better judging from the Lunacy of their posts,.
How do you keep the flies off your face when you "think"?
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#175261 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
... Those headaches can be a real bitch, eh?
thats God punishing you Davyboy!

isnt he just Awesome!!!
Praise da Lawd!!
LLL

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175262 Aug 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
What you suggest **would** be much more accurate, I agree.
However, when arguing with the sort of person I was addressing the post to?
They think in absolute terms: 0% or 100% is all that they understand.
Sadly.
So I am forced to simplify, in order to avoid a rabbit trail of distraction.
Sorry.
The question I have to ask that is off topic, is. How do you call yourself Quantum Bob. I give you the theories of alternate existences and you have the opinion you do. I know you'll spin this some backwards way as you all ways do. Quantum physics is the greatest proof of a creator. How or why you spin it is beyond me.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175263 Aug 23, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
thats God punishing you Davyboy!
isnt he just Awesome!!!
Praise da Lawd!!
LLL
:-)

I see your memory has issues, also, forgetting to add the rest to that quote.

What is truly awesome is your still being able to breathe considering the mental faculties available to you. Oh, you have a friend nearby letting you know when? How nice. God looks out and provides for people like you. Praise God!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#175264 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I have to ask that is off topic, is. How do you call yourself Quantum Bob. I give you the theories of alternate existences and you have the opinion you do. I know you'll spin this some backwards way as you all ways do. Quantum physics is the greatest proof of a creator. How or why you spin it is beyond me.
It is simple. He doesn't understand what he "knows". But that doesn't stop him. His first lesson in life was if you can't dazzle with brilliance, then baffle with BS. Has served him well.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#175265 Aug 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of this, many theists have beliefs which are more akin to deists. They know, but often won't admit, that religion is nonsense, because more often than not, people are indoctrinated into a particular religion from birth.
If only they were more honest.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#175266 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed I could produce evidence. My statement is clear and simple. For Atheism not to require faith, and furthermore not be a belief. The origin of The Universe would have to be proven, and proven that there is no creator. This would only happen when the human race knows everything. That's not happening. It comes down to what you believe is the greatest likelihood. I believe that is a case by case basis. Face it you faith should not be spread. Every time you do it, you prove you are a person of religion. I see no reason to spread my beliefs. I could offer books to read. I doubt you would enjoy them. They just are not for you. I accept you do know yourself, why do you have a hard time with all of humanity knowing themselves? I think that answer is obvious, and I don't need to hear it. Now could you get back on topic.
1. You claimed that the default position should be one of creation. Here you do not answer my request for evidence.

2. You write "Face it you faith should not be spread." I have no idea what you mean. That's not a sentence.

3. You write "I accept you do know yourself, why do you have a hard time with all of humanity knowing themselves?"

Huh? Clearly you do not read what I write. If you do, you take wildly different meanings from it than everyone else who reads me.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#175267 Aug 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in the above godswill?
ADDRESSES A SINGLE ONE OF MY POINTS, BELOW:
Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.
Period.
That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.
But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.
That's two.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.
That's three-- there's more.
...or, perhaps, three proofs that if there is an omniscient God then we would not be able to explain how it could possibly be omniscient.

I would posit that "proves beyong any doubts" is not entirely accurate either. Even if you worded it 'reasonable doubts' I don't think it would be completely accurate.
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#175268 Aug 23, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I have to ask that is off topic, is. How do you call yourself Quantum Bob. I give you the theories of alternate existences and you have the opinion you do. I know you'll spin this some backwards way as you all ways do. Quantum physics is the greatest proof of a creator. How or why you spin it is beyond me.
Im starting to think youre mentaly retarded,or on some hard drugs,your posts are total nonsense.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175269 Aug 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simple. He doesn't understand what he "knows". But that doesn't stop him. His first lesson in life was if you can't dazzle with brilliance, then baffle with BS. Has served him well.
He does take his bull shit too seriously, but that may be all he has.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175270 Aug 23, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Im starting to think youre mentaly retarded,or on some hard drugs,your posts are total nonsense.
To be honest with you, I think the average online atheist is a 400 plus pound person that just lives to post online and eat. How they afford I. Only in America. Just imagine why you and you gang do this people are working themselves to death to fed their families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Clearwater 750,436
Mother bath (Mar '12) 6 min flatbushsam 11
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 548,536
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min New Age Spiritual... 602,165
relaxing sensual Body to Body massage in Dubai 13 min sexy girls 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min GodFreeByChoice 5,454
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Dr_Zorderz 261,649
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 29 min flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE