Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#174598 Aug 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cockatoos seem to be one of the smarter birds.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/11/...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/...
They manage to manipulate a lot with their beaks and their feet. I wonder what a technology would look like? Morality?
Wow, that's pretty cool.

A bunch of sticks.

Early rises are given everything.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#174599 Aug 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a cockatoo.
Whenever I get a new cage for him, it's a challenge making it escape proof.
I don't think all of the cage manufacturers understand just how clever these birds are.
We have a free range Yellow Nape Amazon. We have NO idea what you mean. Our guy has free range in our house. He is never "locked in". Next to his cage is a PCV playpen with a half dozen toys to keep him entertained. Anyone who keeps a bird in lockdown is a sadist. How do you "keep" your wifey?
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#174600 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there is a God, you can't prove otherwise. o.
no you dont ,if you knew youd prove it,,

you could start be DEFINING your god,

btw,,the xian one is a NO show

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#174601 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy is no where near what is. As I said you just pretend not to see the proof, or you can't because you are not a person of God, you can't see your soul because you don't have one.
souls dont exist,if it did we all could comunicate with the dead and their souls,can you?

just bc there are some conmen and women claiming to do just that doesnt cut it,theyre cold guessing,,Google it
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#174602 Aug 16, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#174603 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy is no where near what is. As I said you just pretend not to see the proof, or you can't because you are not a person of God, you can't see your soul because you don't have one.
Your hallucinations are full of sh*t and outdated. Get over yourself you creationist loser with no evidence.

Lying gets you nowhere fast.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#174604 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there is a God, you can't prove otherwise.
Its already been proven that you're a cowardly liar with no evidence for god being real.

Nobody ever asked you to grow the f up to your face. Only on the atheist forum will you be talked to how you should be - a simple minded liar with no evidence.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#174605 Aug 16, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me state again: Atheism is non-belief in the supernatural.
It is also the belief that all started without a creator, therefore it is and all ways will be a belief with faith

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#174606 Aug 16, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
no you dont ,if you knew youd prove it,,
you could start be DEFINING your god,
btw,,the xian one is a NO show
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
God has been proven many, many times you either don't see it or accept the evidence. I can't help you , and it would make me a fundamentalist to attempt to, as you are.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#174607 Aug 16, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple request for your simple intellect -show me proof of your god. Perhaps a miracle or two will suffice.
Every day is a miracle, you can't be helped.
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#174608 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also the belief that all started without a creator, therefore it is and all ways will be a belief with faith
I dont know how many atheist believe that,
I think the Universe always existed in some form,shape,its Eternal and needs NO creator,,

atheism is LACK of belief in gods its that simple ,,,atheism means without belief,comprende?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#174609 Aug 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hallucinations are full of sh*t and outdated. Get over yourself you creationist loser with no evidence.
Lying gets you nowhere fast.
I would rather have my hallucinations than have your reality. Admit it the fate of atheism sucks spreading it is the most asinine thing anyone could do. LOL I do know better at least for myself. Spreading Atheism, really. Might as well drop a spoon of crap from door to door.
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#174610 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
God has been proven many, many times you either don't see it or accept the evidence. I can't help you , and it would make me a fundamentalist to attempt to, as you are.
I accept proof that a Judge in a Court of Law would accept,,

can you provide such?
go for it

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#174611 Aug 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its already been proven that you're a cowardly liar with no evidence for god being real.
Nobody ever asked you to grow the f up to your face. Only on the atheist forum will you be talked to how you should be - a simple minded liar with no evidence.
Please look the message tread Einstein "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" the answer is hell yeah. You can not or ever will be able to prove The Universe, Earth or life started without a creator. And many of your brightest admitted this. Yes, you can debunk Christian or Catholic stories, but that is not proven there is no creator. You all ways will be a belief, because you can't prove what I am saying and never will be able to. You are a fundamentalist because you spread your crap as you do, it's faith, you have a belief, as posted you can't prove it. Atheism does require faith.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#174612 Aug 16, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know how many atheist believe that,
I think the Universe always existed in some form,shape,its Eternal and needs NO creator,,
atheism is LACK of belief in gods its that simple ,,,atheism means without belief,comprende?
If that was true you'd be able to -"(prove)"-. clearly you can't prove you have faith in your answer. And from what I am reading here a lot of it. Fundamentalist level.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174615 Aug 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You overestimate Clunt.
;)
<quoted text>
Yes... you are correct. There is little doubt he is covered in his own feces, as is everything in his house...

... <gag>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174616 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not prove there is no creator therefore you are a person of faith.
I have no need to show "no creator".

All I have to demonstrate? Is that the universe NEEDS NO creator to exist!

This is quite easy to do, too-- and has already been done, in fact.

The present universe needs no creator.

In one step? Your whole reason to get up in the morning has just been invalidated.

I pity you your loss.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174617 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there is a God, you can't prove otherwise.
Actually? I can.

Define this "god" beast you claim is real.

Be **specific**--give details.

If you cannot DO that?

Your god is myth-- BY DEFAULT.

Get BUSY!

You have MUCH defining to do!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174618 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
2 things wrong with your statement 1. The topic of this thread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" 2. I see no purpose or way to try to prove anything to you.
So you ADMIT you HAVE NO PROOF?

Okay, gotcha.

Without PROOF?

YOUR GOD IS NOT REAL.

Period.

That is the DEFAULT state for ALL claims that have no proof.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174619 Aug 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not belief-- fact.

Current physics has easily demonstrated that UNCAUSED events happen all the time.

The present universe is also UNCAUSED.

In one stroke-- eliminating 100% of your "argument".

I'm so sorry for your loss, here... maybe you can get a pink rabbit to play with?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 778,010
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min YellowPissreality 265,423
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Rosa_Winkel 96,849
Is A Race War Brewing? 15 min Truthspeaks19 57
Young People In North Carolina Need A Reality C... 19 min Truthspeaks19 3
Last Word + 2 20 min Pigs 994
PROOF that Satan is REAL: Homosexuals 24 min mom 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min guest 560,404
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 37 min Lord Righteous Judge 441,818
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 605,320
More from around the web