Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#173370 Aug 2, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you spend this much tireless energy asking kids for proof of Santa Claus? If not, why not?
There is a God, you dumb ass scratching atheist.
Hi name is Just Results, but he can't prove the god he's bhere to lie about for his cult

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#173371 Aug 2, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
Continued
<quoted text>
Here is my position on evidence relating to proving the existence of God.
No one piece of evidence on it's own is going to convince a resistant skeptic. I know that myself.
However, I feel that the extraordinary claim can be satisfied based upon the cumulative evidence such as:
The Cosmological Argument
The Teleological Argument
The Ontological Argument
Philosophical Arguments
Historical Evidence
Medical Evidence (NDEs)
Presuppositional Arguments
Intelligent Design Arguments
Each of these on it's own may not carry the standard of proof you claim needs to be so high. However, when observed cumulatively, a fair minded skeptic may not concede, but will admit it's an impressive total body and attempt at extraordinary proof when evaluated honestly.
i thought you said evidence, not more whining.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#173372 Aug 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known of more than one free thinker who didn't experience religious "revelation" from NDE's.
Yours is but one of many such.
Awwww shucks....my story just isn't exciting enough to make headlines, not to mention it doesn't cater to/or contradict any agendas from the fundies or outer fringes;0)

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#173373 Aug 3, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Agrumentum ad Hominem is a logical fallacy. It demonstrates a weak argument or a lack of an argument. But I can applaud your creativity and I can tell you that I don't consider it an insult.:)
It's just a game.

Nothing more.

I haven't had time to play lately.

I will. I will.

I will dissect every sentence you write and add to it at my whim. It's what I do.

Do you have a metal coat hanger by chance?

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#173374 Aug 3, 2013
Hey I would be satisfied with some god regrowing a person't lost arm or leg for them as a miracle. It's easy to have a plant pretend they are blind and then when an ancient holy man touches their forehead they jump up and declare thy have been healed. Restoring a severed limb is a bit tougher.
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>NDE wouldnt prove god anyways,
now if someone died decomposed and then got revived by god,that would be really something to brag about,,lol

Henderson, KY

#173375 Aug 3, 2013
Oh I had some fun teasing kids after I was told the truth about Santa.. Something I had suspected especially when Santa couldn't find the transformer I wanted one year! Replace Soundwave with Skywarp how dare he?! Lol!

Thanks for admitting your God is only as real as Santa. Oops didn't think that one through did you? Lol!
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>Did you spend this much tireless energy asking kids for proof of Santa Claus? If not, why not?

There is a God, you dumb ass scratching atheist.

Henderson, KY

#173376 Aug 3, 2013
So as I correctly stated you just made it up.

Thank you for once again confirming I was right and you just make things up as you go.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Liberty likes to accuse me of changing the subject and I can assure you I don't. I just lay out my case or my understanding with all the pertinent information needed. Notice he accused me of making shit up about the "Dewey Defeats Truman" fallacy. It's not an actual fallacy per se. I just created the analogy annd aimed it at him.

Henderson, KY

#173377 Aug 3, 2013
I have factually proven you wrong several times and you still have failed to answer the majority of my bible questions. I guess that's why you resort to insults yes?

The only entertaining you have done is admitting the dishonesty of the gospels and cowering from questions.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Don't trouble yourself with Liberty. Snarky responses are his forte rather than logical thoughtful replies. I guess it's easier being snarky. I answer his ignorance for the entertainment value. Quantum Bob, Polymath, Albtraum, Aura Mytha, I can take them seriously because they actually come up with thoughtful replies. I don't agree with much they say, but their replies and personalities are much better than the average. Black Lagoon is pretty good too. I don't think atheists are evil. Just stubborn.:)
LCN Llin

United States

#173378 Aug 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have factually proven you wrong several times and you still have failed to answer the majority of my bible questions. I guess that's why you resort to insults yes?
The only entertaining you have done is admitting the dishonesty of the gospels and cowering from questions.
<quoted text>
no links...no sites...just trolling
LOL

Location hidden

#173379 Aug 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> i thought you said evidence, not more whining.
They're all liars with no evidence.

Location hidden

#173380 Aug 3, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
no links...no sites...just trolling
LOL
Finally you admit your trolling. You can f*ck off now, your creationist cult is history.

Location hidden

#173381 Aug 3, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Atheists are evil.
Dishonest liars with no proof of god are the real evil ones.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#173382 Aug 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>I would tend to agree with you, but here in topix land we have to define everything very carefully. And in arguments with Buck via his citations of The Stanford definitions of psychology per say atheism is the denial of the existence of God. To which you or I may say is the the lack of belief But it can be argued in this way that atheism is a belief. Specifically the denial of god.

But when you say you are a unbeliever, because you are a free thinker. You change the playing field totally. And give them no legs to stand on.
To defining any belief you present has insufficient evidence to support the existence. You are not denying or rejecting. You are making the statement that you have not the evidence to say I'm denying the existence of anything. I'm denying you have evidence of anything you believe.

I know it's unnecessarily complicating a simple concept.
But it does shift the burden of proof back where it came from.
As I'm not denying or rejecting, I'm asking you to show me the evidence. I hope that makes sense.

Besides if you read into the definition of free thought, I think you will agree.
I am amazed, I find myself in agreement with A Myth.
LCN Llin

United States

#173383 Aug 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally you admit your trolling. You can f*ck off now, your creationist cult is history.
".. f*ck off now..."
does not seem to be a convincing argument for atheism.
Dawkins and Hitchens made "a bit" more sense

Location hidden

#173384 Aug 3, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
".. f*ck off now..."
does not seem to be a convincing argument for atheism.
Dawkins and Hitchens made "a bit" more sense
Another opportunity to prove the god you lie about wasted.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#173385 Aug 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey I would be satisfied with some god regrowing a person't lost arm or leg for them as a miracle. It's easy to have a plant pretend they are blind and then when an ancient holy man touches their forehead they jump up and declare thy have been healed. Restoring a severed limb is a bit tougher.
<quoted text>
I guess its up to that evil science again to fill in for god!

http://youtu.be/BUi6NXrdB6k

Henderson, KY

#173386 Aug 3, 2013
Curse those wicked scientists for saving an enriching billions of lives! Why can't people follow the bible and cure diseases by sacrificing a bird and pouring it's blood on another bird? Oh your PPO won't cover that eh?

:))
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>I guess its up to that evil science again to fill in for god!

http://youtu.be/BUi6NXrdB6k

“Exit Stage Right”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#173387 Aug 3, 2013
Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
Just found this

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

They have ministers as well as churches

Here's one

Looks impressive

http://gawker.com/5973377/londons-first-athei...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#173388 Aug 3, 2013
Murgatroyd wrote:
<quoted text>Just found this

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

They have ministers as well as churches

Here's one

Looks impressive

http://gawker.com/5973377/londons-first-athei...
I've just become an ordained minister.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#173389 Aug 3, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
That's simply because they love to sin and don't want to be accountable for it. That's it in a nutshell.
Yup.

In a nutshell.

Woohoo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Trump Whines 46,997
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 692,104
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min Gabriel 990,689
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min Exposing Devil Lies 619,843
LeBron James: Should he STAY or should he GO?? 52 min Exposing Devil Lies 7
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Exposing Devil Lies 443
Jonathan Johnson 1 hr Your all trash 1
More from around the web