Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,307)

Showing posts 166,121 - 166,140 of223,289
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not expect less than "not guilty".
1) he was white
2) he was a "he"
3) his victim was a member of the throw-away class
4)-- and most important-- SYG law is sh7t.
If SYG was applied **equally** to **everyone**, regardless?
Nobody would ever be convicted of a gun-related crime ever again.
That's how sh7t the law is-- it's written **that** loosely.
To paraphrase Johnnie Cochran "if you are hit you must acquit"

There was a eye witness to the event, whom was interviewed by Police on the scene.

This case was set up with outright media lies to start national RACE baiting and 'Legitimized ' by the Obama administration.

The reality of this case is tragedy followed by sick opportunistic politicians and people whom want to make a profit from it.

The current administration creates events with the help of the media to distract from the reality of further criminal behavior.

Over 50 % of violent crime in this country is commited by blacks ....who are 12% of the population.

Take that statistic down to half the crime is committed by young black men who are less than 4% of the country...is there reason to be suspicious of young black men who are committing half of all crime?

Where are the race pimps,$harpton, Jack$on, Holder, Obama...telling Blacks to straighten out their disgusting lives and get it together?

But no Race Card time here again again again

Why the hell do you think the country is now armed to its teeth?

Maybe... Many people are resigned to that fate in 21st century America.

Land of the Third World.

Home of the politically correct coward.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who are interested in them.
LOL !

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But he was breaking [several] law[s] when he shot him dead: deadly assault, murder, stalking, etc.
Only those laws were not applied-- likely because he was **white** and his victim was **not***.
All of that is complete fabrication , You have me wondering if you are a black man , because no one but black men make those assumptions. The jury did not find any of that to be the case, so why would you? Do you hold privileged information that no one else does?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Problem with buck is it walks through drywall.
And yes, one must think these things through. I used to teach those courses.
Yes-- buckshot goes through, but not through that and sheathing and siding too.

It's a compromise, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
To paraphrase Johnnie Cochran "if you are hit you must acquit"
There was a eye witness to the event, whom was interviewed by Police on the scene.
This case was set up with outright media lies to start national RACE baiting and 'Legitimized ' by the Obama administration.
The reality of this case is tragedy followed by sick opportunistic politicians and people whom want to make a profit from it.
The current administration creates events with the help of the media to distract from the reality of further criminal behavior.
Over 50 % of violent crime in this country is commited by blacks ....who are 12% of the population.
Take that statistic down to half the crime is committed by young black men who are less than 4% of the country...is there reason to be suspicious of young black men who are committing half of all crime?
Where are the race pimps,$harpton, Jack$on, Holder, Obama...telling Blacks to straighten out their disgusting lives and get it together?
But no Race Card time here again again again
Why the hell do you think the country is now armed to its teeth?
Maybe... Many people are resigned to that fate in 21st century America.
Land of the Third World.
Home of the politically correct coward.
I'm afraid I cannot agree with your assessment here. Sorry.

The **facts** are?

SYG law is applied to **whites** roughly 20% more than it is to **blacks**.

Those statistics are out there, available for anyone who wants to look them up.

That makes SYG law **racist**.

I'm not claiming intent-- I cannot know the intent of the various prosecutors-- just the facts, ma'am.

But the facts show SYG is being applied unequally, with regards to race.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> All of that is complete fabrication , You have me wondering if you are a black man , because no one but black men make those assumptions. The jury did not find any of that to be the case, so why would you? Do you hold privileged information that no one else does?
The jury was instructed-- properly, because of the horrid SYG law-- to acquit.

They had no choice, really.

No-- I'm not black-- not that it matters.

But laws **were** broken, but because he was white, he got to use SYG as a "Get Out Of Jail Free".

Fact: he **did** fire a gun within city limits. That's usually against city ordinances.

Fact: he **did** fire a gun with the intent to cause bodily harm-- that **is** against ordinances pretty much everywhere.

Fact: he **did** prematively decide to shoot his victim, making it premeditated murder, by the strictest definition of the term.

Fact: he **did** shoot and kill his victim-- that falls under the definition of murder pretty much anywhere.

Extenuating circumstances may or may not be applied in the above.

His defense was to use the SYG law-- so automatically goes free, for premeditated murder of an unarmed kid.

Had the kid been **white**? He'd likely be in jail.

Had he been black, and the kid white? He would be facing the death penalty.

Statistically-speaking, of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But laws **were** broken, but because he was white, he got to use SYG as a "Get Out Of Jail Free".
Fact: he **did** fire a gun within city limits. That's usually against city ordinances.
Fact: he **did** fire a gun with the intent to cause bodily harm-- that **is** against ordinances pretty much everywhere.
Fact: he **did** prematively decide to shoot his victim, making it premeditated murder, by the strictest definition of the term.
Fact: he **did** shoot and kill his victim-- that falls under the definition of murder pretty much anywhere.
His defense was to use the SYG law-- so automatically goes free, for premeditated murder of an unarmed kid.
You ignore the fact jr was on top of him, that./...

made it...

legal.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Yes-- buckshot goes through, but not through that and sheathing and siding too.
It's a compromise, really.
Granted.

The trick, of course, is just don't shoot the wall in the first place.

Hehehe.
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It was a simple case of self defense in a state that has a standard ground law - nothing more nothing less.

The Florida State instructions to the jury and laws are online I invite you to read them.

Perhaps I should point this out to those who like to conveniently forget...

Fast-forward to 2013, post-acquittal of Florida resident George Zimmerman, and Mr. Obama is now denouncing the very same laws he once supported.

Last Friday he said, the Illinois Review reported:“I think it may be useful for us to examine some state and local laws to see if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the kinds of altercations, confrontations and tragedies as we saw in the Florida case, rather than diffuse potential altercations.

“I know that there’s been commentary about the fact that stand your ground laws in Florida were not used as defense of the case. On the other hand, if we’re sending a message as society in our communities that someone who is armed has a right to use those firearms even if there’s a way for them to exit from the situation, is that really going to be contributing to the kind of peace and security and order that we’d like to see?”

Mr. Obama then posed the question: If Trayvon Martin had been armed, would he have been legally justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman if he had felt threatened?

“And if the answer to that question is at least ambiguous, then it seems to me that we might want to examine those kinds of laws,” he said.

Hmm
What was the title of that article?

Then-Sen. Obama co-sponsored ‘stand your ground’ law in 2004 in Illinois

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/22 ...

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Actually, in that case, SYG was not a claim made by the defence.

Self-defence (which WAS the claim) trumps the business of shooting-within-city-limits ordinances, if proven. Same goes for the other offences you mentioned.

In all fairness, Zimmerman was an idiot. He did not break any laws (obviously). But most Neighbourhood Watch programs specifically forbid firearms, and getting into a fight with a suspect is a real no-no.

I understand the depth of your feelings here, and even agree in the most part - but this was a cock-up from the outset, and there's enough blame to go around.

Poor judgement on everyon's part.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You ignore the fact jr was on top of him, that./...
made it...
legal.
I have never argued it wasn't **legal**.

The Stand Your Ground law makes **any** murder legal, pretty much.

All the person needs to do? Is claim he was defending against a would-be murderer.

And, naturally, he must **kill** the person, so they cannot explain that they were **not** actually trying to kill them...

But you tried to claim the black woman, who got 20 years, wasn't covered under SYG-- she was.

Well, apart from being black and a woman, of course... that is why she didn't get to Stand Her Ground.

That law **clearly** doesn't apply to black women in Florida.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You ignore the fact jr was on top of him, that./...
made it...
legal.
No.. the mistake the black woman made (apart from being black, and a woman) was she didn't **murder** her estranged boyfriend...

.... THEN, she maybe would have got away with it.

Just like the kid-killer who did.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Granted.
The trick, of course, is just don't shoot the wall in the first place.
Hehehe.
Can't always be helped, but yeah. That's always a good idea.

Saves on the repairs, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a simple case of self defense in a state that has a standard ground law - nothing more nothing less.
I don't know what bizzare universe you live in, but-- no, it wasn't.

The **kid** was unarmed. That's not a threat to an **adult** male.

No way that was "self defense". The azzhole followed the kid and shot him dead.

Because he knew that **dead** the kid could not testify against him.

The SYG law is an abomination of epic proportions.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Can't always be helped, but yeah. That's always a good idea.
Saves on the repairs, too.
Spackle.
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Alrigh kiddies lets throw skunk into the mix on Tryvon Case! YEA! DOJ is Incompetent...

And , here more for all you to debate about, enjoy!

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests
11:25 AM EDT
3/27/2012 by Danielle Canada

Did George Zimmerman have help from his father, a retired judge, in clearing his name in three separate arrests?

That’s the question that’s being asked now that more information on Trayvon Martin’s 28-year-old killer is being revealed. Robert Zimmerman, a former Orange County magistrate judge, recently wrote a letter to The Orlando Sentinel defending his son, who’s been dragged through the mud for shooting the unarmed 17-year-old last month. In the letter, the senior Zimmerman asks people not to jump to conclusions and insists that his son didn’t follow the young boy home as he walked through their gated community.

“He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever. The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth. At no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin. When the true details of the event became public, and I hope that will be soon, everyone should be outraged by the treatment of George Zimmerman in the media,” wrote Robert Zimmerman.

Now more info is being dug up on his “victimized” son through public records and revealing his checkered past.

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for the Florida resident. So how was someone with a violent past including that of battery against an officer able to carry a 9 mm handgun? Maybe that’s a question Robert Zimmerman should answer …

Update: Lead investigator wanted to arrest Zimmerman the night of the incident.

Note: It has been brought to our attention that George Zimmerman has been arrested one time, not three, and that the charges against him were dropped after he completed a pre-trial diversion program. The additional two charges stem from the same incident on the same date.

http://rollingout.com/culture/george-zimmerma ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have never argued it wasn't **legal**.
The Stand Your Ground law makes **any** murder legal, pretty much.
All the person needs to do? Is claim he was defending against a would-be murderer.
And, naturally, he must **kill** the person, so they cannot explain that they were **not** actually trying to kill them...
But you tried to claim the black woman, who got 20 years, wasn't covered under SYG-- she was.
Well, apart from being black and a woman, of course... that is why she didn't get to Stand Her Ground.
That law **clearly** doesn't apply to black women in Florida.
I posted the court record, there simply isn't even a comparison.
She was clearly wrong, she could have just left but chose to escalate the confrontation using a gun.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Here in Oklahomer? It's a "castle" thingy. You cannot simply shoot someone in your yard, especially if he's running away.
But you can, if he enters your house-- he does not need to be armed, either-- you just have to claim that you believed he was or might have been, and **bam** you get to shoot him dead.
I'm of mixed feelings about that whole thing, but I do have protection, just in case.
So do I. Missouri is a Castle Doctrine state with a "shall issue" for a permit. They also honor several other state's permits (such as Georgia, where I purchased the gun). My car is an extension of my home, I can place the gun in my car openly or concealed as long as I don't park it at the courthouse, federal property, university, etc.

Also, being a woman who is 5 feet tall, I can 'reasonably' fear serious bodily harm and defend myself if say, a 6 foot tall man comes at me with anything more lethal than an overripe banana....actually bare handed would probably work just as well. I can't reasonably expect to outfight or outrun......well, pretty much anyone.

Like you, I have mixed feelings about it even though I'm covered whatever I do. I've only brought it out once, there was a strange car parked at the bank (where I worked) and the best way to rob said bank is to force your way in with the first employee in the morning or snag the last employee out in the afternoon. I checked the car, it had been abandoned and I put the gun back in the car in it's case.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

<quoted text>
I'd never seen that movie. Nice catch.
:)
Hi Bob. I used to be Alice but now I'm River Tam again.

Do you remember me?
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't know what bizzare universe you live in, but-- no, it wasn't.
The **kid** was unarmed. That's not a threat to an **adult** male.
No way that was "self defense". The azzhole followed the kid and shot him dead.
Because he knew that **dead** the kid could not testify against him.
The SYG law is an abomination of epic proportions.
You're simply wrong and out of touch with reality.

You've allowed the media hype to color your better judgment.

The "stand your ground law" to protect your property and safety...passed by Jeb Bush in Florida when he was governor...So many were being attacked that carry laws were passed too...crime then dropped dramatically.

Over a year ago, 17 year old black youth murdered a white police officer in St. Petersburg, and was sentenced to life in prison.

There were solemn vigils and fundraising for the family of the slain officer. I don't remember Obama feeling like he had to interject any of his "wisdom" in the situation.

Where's Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Alan Keyes?

What is needed is for the race-baiters to shut up and let the legal system review and react on their findings.

Sadly, in the eyes of these ignorant tools, only the actions of the shooter are wrong, and if/when they take matters into their own hands, that's justice.

Trayvon has a Facebook pic saing he was a made N... and in a gang...suspended from school.

Tragedy none the less. too young to die...but the facts need to be adjudicated.

There were 49 people shot in Chicago last weekend. Almost all of the shootings occurred on the south and west sides, and almost all of the victims were black.

It was a small local story. It's also Obama's home town. Did I miss his outraged statement about this?

Since Chicago is Je$$e Jack$on's home town and the headquarters of his race-mongering business, did I miss HIS statement of rage about this senseless violence?

I don't think he made one, but then again, most of the shooters were poor, black and oppressed.

But that was then, this is now and in his Trayvon Martin speech last week Obama was definitely against the same type of ‘Stand Your Ground’ law he co–sponsored in Illinois.

In the George Zimmerman trial ‘Stand Your Ground’ was a legal defense that didn’t apply, wasn’t used and was basically irrelevant — which puts it in the same category as many of Obama’s pet issues — yet the president made ‘Stand Your Ground’ a central part of his speech.

He asked if ‘Stand Your Ground’ is “really going to be contributing to the kind of peace and security and order that we'd like to see?”

They certainly thought so in Illinois. That’s because repealing ‘Stand Your Ground’ changes the emphasis from the attacker who caused the confrontation to the victim who was attacked.

It’s just a small step down the slope from that mindset to evaluating the clothing of a rape victim to see if her attire contributed to the attack.

The president then proposed a hypothetical,“if Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk? And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman, who had followed him in a car, because he felt threatened?”

Oh gee whiz, that’s a tough one.

Let’s see, Zimmerman didn’t sucker punch Martin. He didn’t slam his head into the sidewalk. And he didn’t tell Martin he was going to die. So if Trayvon just up and shot Zimmerman it would be murder.

So Obama’s hypothetical doesn’t make sense, unless he’s trying to manufacture outrage in the black community so his political base will still be angry enough to vote in November 2014.

If he can keep the fire going under the racial outrage pot long enough, he can boost black turnout in the off–year election.

What’s a little hypocrisy and racial agitation among friends?

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 166,121 - 166,140 of223,289
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

408 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Mandela 114,686
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min It aint necessarily so 717,122
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min hojo 530,344
Gold buyers Wanted 30 min andet1987 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min andet1987 171,519
Jamaican man seeking to start a new life with a... 57 min andet1987 2
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 1 hr abhijit bharat sharma 110
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 598,810
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••