Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#173031 Jul 27, 2013
LOL that's only funny because she did miss, but I gotta admit that's funny as hell.

HAHAHAH
Thinking

UK

#173032 Jul 27, 2013
SYG = sell you guns
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
He followed an unarmed kid, then shot him dead? How on earth was that "self defense"?
If the SYG was **not** his escape clause? Then there was a gross violation of justice-- he murdered an unarmed kid in cold blood.
Premeditated murder, as he had to chase him down to do it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173033 Jul 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sure if you omit he was not breaking the law , when JR. slipped up from behind him.
Sorry you lost the case.
What will it take you to settle into the idea justice was served?
Whether right or wrong.....It's over.
Go home.
No... not even.

Stand Your Ground law is fatally and irretrievably broken.

It has been since it was passed.

What's WORSE? It is in DIRECT CONFLICT with existing laws! Which were NOT repealed.

So the "justice" department is forced to CHOOSE.

And if you're WHITE? The choice is different.

If you are a brown-skinned person? A different choice.

That's not "justice"... that's something else.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173034 Jul 27, 2013
Justshootthebastard wrote:
<quoted text>You Sir seem to be about the biggest idiot, you should ask for forgiveness from any and everyone who has read your bs
Riiiiiight.... just like YOU asked "forgiveness" from your Jewsus?

Riiiiiight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173035 Jul 27, 2013
Justshootthebastard wrote:
<quoted text>Unless it's George Zimmerman, his head was being pounded into the sidewalk and you saymhe killed him in cold blood.
Riiiiiiiight.... Jewsus would be **so** proud of you...

.... not!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173036 Jul 27, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Even the jurors were planning to convict.
Juror says Zimmerman ‘got away with murder’
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/26/juror-says-zim...
BTW about all those pics on facebook:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/martin....
The SYG law is a serious screw-up.

It's in direct conflict with existing laws--which were never appealed.

So, the "justice" department gets to CHOOSE WHICH TO APPLY.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173037 Jul 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As a reasonable and (I think) moral person, I will make every reasonable effort not to kill anyone. Even if I'm not legally obliged to.

That said, absent alternatives, I'll put two in his head without a second thought.
If it's dark?(which it most likely would be-- you know thieves)

I'll likely trust on the fact that within 15 feet, using a full-choke bore, a 12 guage with birdshot, the shot still acts like a single mass.

So, it's center-of-mass, just like I was taught.

One of the nicer aspects of the birdshot, though? It won't penetrate more than one layer of wall... that mass breaks up on contact with... pretty much whatever it hits first.

Now, in the case of the clothing? No big deal--the energy is still working at that point, and a 12-guage sized hole is the result.

But in the case of wall material? After breaking up, it doesn't travel much beyond the first wall, and has little or no energy.

As such, my ***neighbors*** will be just fine, if, in the dark, I somehow miss with the first shot....

... alas, most any handgun with a reasonable chance of getting the job done, can easily pass through several layers of wallboard-- of wood too.

Especially if the bullet is jacketed-- as most are. Being small, they **need** to penetrate to do what they are supposed to do.

But that's just my personal home-defense preference.

Your mileage may vary-- here in Oklahomer?

The only **real** worry I have, is that the would-be thief was an actual **intruder** in that he **did** come inside my house.

At worst, I'll have to give up my el-cheapo shotgun for awhile, and possibly make a formal statement to a grand jury.

But, according to Oklahomer law? All I must demonstrate, is that I **really** did **think** my life was in danger.

And if I actually pulled that trigger? I really did-- or I wouldn't have in the first place.

I'd much rather the would-be thief beats-cheeks for the horizon, upon hearing the CLACK-CLACK of a 12 gauge round being chambered in the dark...

.... thank the stars for Hollywood! Everyone **knows** the sound of a 12 gauge pumpgun being chambered...

.... heh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173038 Jul 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No you are relying on biased apologetic sources as usual.
And speaking of Hollywood and Fanciful Tales of Imagination and "Mystery"?

<laughing with you here>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173039 Jul 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
There you go-- "justice" is applied UNequally.

It all depends on your lawyer, I guess-- and how well he/she can manipulate "justice" properly in your favor.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#173040 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
No... not even.
Stand Your Ground law is fatally and irretrievably broken.
It has been since it was passed.
What's WORSE? It is in DIRECT CONFLICT with existing laws! Which were NOT repealed.
So the "justice" department is forced to CHOOSE.
And if you're WHITE? The choice is different.
If you are a brown-skinned person? A different choice.
That's not "justice"... that's something else.
I understand you may feel strongly about it, but don't see race as having an effect in the case. Zimmerman was not breaking the law by following Martin. He may have been morally wrong but not legally wrong. Zimmerman was within the rights of the law to use deadly force when Martin was on top of him, again he may have been morally wrong , but not legally. Color of skin has nothing to do with those two facts, and is the reason the jury found him not guilty. End of story, except for the whining and crying anyway.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173041 Jul 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one way. Want to see another?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wKTrFyq2YZcXX
I'd never seen that movie. Nice catch.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173042 Jul 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin. I've not seen that in decades.
One will not notice tht Chuck B got 8 rounds out of a 6-round revolver...
What?

You never hear of an 8-shooter before?

<laughing>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173043 Jul 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
SYG = sell you guns
<quoted text>
.... yeah.... I freely admit I live in a country that is kinda effed-up with regards to firearms.

.... meh.

What'ya gonna do, though? I gotta work with the mess I was given, don'cha see.

These people don't believe in consequences--at all.

Why **should** they? They believe in a Magical Spell:'Jewsus! Forgive me!' and they believe that is **all** they need do....

....!!!

Is it any wonder?
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#173044 Jul 27, 2013
Imhotep finds it necessary to apologize to the forum for Initiating a conversation about the Zimmerman case!

Somewhere lost in the shuffle of Guilty not guilty, Both of which is irrelevant, We dive into the abyss of race relations.

I say this because I work a great deal in the Central Florida area I understand the Florida laws.

The case was never about race discrimination - it wasn't about SYG, it was about self-defense in the state of Florida.

We have two professional race baiters Mr. Jesse Jackson, Mr. Al Sharpton who gleefully declare themselves as REVEREND reference i.e. "people of God" yet they promote insurrection.

Gods minions certainly do work in "mysterious ways" don't they?

I could ramble on and rant about this but that's an entirely different topic.

Sidebar! ;)
Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz says prosecutors of Zimmerman should be Disbarred.

Sometimes a good joke Is worth repeating ;)

Female Lord's prayer

My Vibrator, which brings me to heaven!
Rabbit be thy name!
Till kingdom come!
Thy make me cum!
On earth!
Oh it is heaven!
Give me this daily thrill!
And forgive me my screams!
As i forgive thos who sold me dud batteries!
Lead me straight into temptation!
But deliver me from frustration!
For thine is the vibration!
The power and the rotation!
For ever and ever!
Amen or No men!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173045 Jul 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you may feel strongly about it, but don't see race as having an effect in the case. Zimmerman was not breaking the law by following Martin.
But he was breaking [several] law[s] when he shot him dead: deadly assault, murder, stalking, etc.

Only those laws were not applied-- likely because he was **white** and his victim was **not***.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#173046 Jul 27, 2013
Speaking of movies check out VHS and VHS 2 for couple of great horror movies. They are like mixing found footage with like the twilight zone. Really cool and well done.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>From what I hear, everybody was stoned in the 70's.

Hey, I don't judge.

What a cool movie. Movies are just fantasies, right?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#173047 Jul 27, 2013
I wonder if a thousand years from now will people turn Harry Potter into a religion? It wouldn't surprise me lol!
<quoted text>And speaking of Hollywood and Fanciful Tales of Imagination and "Mystery"?

<laughing with you here>
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#173048 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
But he was breaking [several] law[s] when he shot him dead: deadly assault, murder, stalking, etc.
Only those laws were not applied-- likely because he was **white** and his victim was **not***.
Did you know that the prosecution bears a very high burden of proof?

Did you know that the prosecution is also faced with significant limits on the evidence that they can bring in?

Did you know that if suppressed evidence to the defense would've resulted in the acquittal in less than an hour, Even with a Black jury? ;)

I think it's silly to read too much into a not guilty verdict.

Unfortunately our legal system isn't designed to find the "real" truth, it's designed to find the "legal" truth, with all it's exceptions and limitations.

Al $harpton and Je$$e Jack$on doing work of the Lord once again!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#173049 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
If it's dark?(which it most likely would be-- you know thieves)
I'll likely trust on the fact that within 15 feet, using a full-choke bore, a 12 guage with birdshot, the shot still acts like a single mass.
So, it's center-of-mass, just like I was taught.
One of the nicer aspects of the birdshot, though? It won't penetrate more than one layer of wall... that mass breaks up on contact with... pretty much whatever it hits first.
Now, in the case of the clothing? No big deal--the energy is still working at that point, and a 12-guage sized hole is the result.
But in the case of wall material? After breaking up, it doesn't travel much beyond the first wall, and has little or no energy.
As such, my ***neighbors*** will be just fine, if, in the dark, I somehow miss with the first shot....
... alas, most any handgun with a reasonable chance of getting the job done, can easily pass through several layers of wallboard-- of wood too.
Especially if the bullet is jacketed-- as most are. Being small, they **need** to penetrate to do what they are supposed to do.
But that's just my personal home-defense preference.
Your mileage may vary-- here in Oklahomer?
The only **real** worry I have, is that the would-be thief was an actual **intruder** in that he **did** come inside my house.
At worst, I'll have to give up my el-cheapo shotgun for awhile, and possibly make a formal statement to a grand jury.
But, according to Oklahomer law? All I must demonstrate, is that I **really** did **think** my life was in danger.
And if I actually pulled that trigger? I really did-- or I wouldn't have in the first place.
I'd much rather the would-be thief beats-cheeks for the horizon, upon hearing the CLACK-CLACK of a 12 gauge round being chambered in the dark...
.... thank the stars for Hollywood! Everyone **knows** the sound of a 12 gauge pumpgun being chambered...
.... heh.
Hehehe. That sound has defused more tense situations than any other.
And I agree with you - except I favor #4 shot. It's still not overpenetrative, and it makes a nice tight pattern.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173050 Jul 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I wonder if a thousand years from now will people turn Harry Potter into a religion? It wouldn't surprise me lol!
<quoted text>
If not Potter, certainly Star Trek and Star Wars.

You can already find websites devoted to the "religion/philosophy " of these two franchises.

Of the two I just mentioned? I'd much rather be in Star Trek, that Star Wars.

In the 'Trek universe, it's all about the **team** work. The crew, working together, solves things.

In the 'Wars universe? It's all about who was **born** into the privileged position-- everyone else? Fodder for cannon fire.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,145
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min MUQ2 37,814
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 265,132
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min USA Born 559,446
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min NEWS-FLASH 175,621
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 38 min WasteWater 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr WasteWater 39,343
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web