Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244663 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

UIDOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#173053 Jul 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If not Potter, certainly Star Trek and Star Wars.
You can already find websites devoted to the "religion/philosophy " of these two franchises.
Of the two I just mentioned? I'd much rather be in Star Trek, that Star Wars.
In the 'Trek universe, it's all about the **team** work. The crew, working together, solves things.
In the 'Wars universe? It's all about who was **born** into the privileged position-- everyone else? Fodder for cannon fire.
:)
I love Empire strike back? Just kidding! It brainwashes the mind to support Superiority Force, if you not my kind, you goto war just because you or me that look different.

Hey long time no see BOQ? i having see you pop up on topix for some time, must be time warp or i'm on different plantary vibration

live long and properous? Yes bo maybe

BWHHAHAHHAAAA
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#173054 Jul 27, 2013
Later !

if i can get on the right vibration on topix - think frequency tune up BWHAHHAHAHAHa

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173055 Jul 27, 2013
UIDOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>I love Empire strike back? Just kidding! It brainwashes the mind to support Superiority Force, if you not my kind, you goto war just because you or me that look different.
Hey long time no see BOQ? i having see you pop up on topix for some time, must be time warp or i'm on different plantary vibration
live long and properous? Yes bo maybe
BWHHAHAHHAAAA
I'm here and there.

I tend to keep off of the super-busy threads, though.

Look for me in Atheism, under the slower paced ones.

Here: " http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism&q... ;

United States

#173056 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm here and there.
I tend to keep off of the super-busy threads, though.
Look for me in Atheism, under the slower paced ones.
Here: " http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism&q... ;
All Righty ! Jim carey impression , i'm bad at them! BHAHAHAHAHA that what it is i'm on fast and you on slow placed thread? What the exciting on those thread, any intellectual stimulation from slow thread that you on/

inquire mind want to know?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAa.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#173057 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
#4 vs birdshot is pretty much a wash- bird is what I had on hand, from a quality brand.
I've considered moving up to buckshot-- it's still pretty low at penetrating solid walls, but there's no question it'll go through a coat jacket.
Especially at 10-15 feet-- the range of 80+% of in-home shootings.
The only real risk with a long gun? Is if the intruder gets too close... and can grab the gun from you.
Of course, if I'm fully prepared, I have my 9mm stuck into my waistband, as backup...
... struggle with him just enough to put him off-balance, then let go with a strong shove-- he'll topple over backwards.
Pull and shoot with the backup...
.... ya **gotta** think these things through, including "oh sh7t" scenarios.
Problem with buck is it walks through drywall.

And yes, one must think these things through. I used to teach those courses.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#173058 Jul 27, 2013
Oh sure that would be the better movie universe to live in.
<quoted text>If not Potter, certainly Star Trek and Star Wars.

You can already find websites devoted to the "religion/philosophy " of these two franchises.

In the 'Trek universe, it's all about the **team** work. The crew, working together, solves things.

In the 'Wars universe? It's all about who was **born** into the privileged position-- everyone else? Fodder for cannon fire.

United States

#173059 Jul 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I hear, everybody was stoned in the 70's.
Hey, I don't judge.
What a cool movie. Movies are just fantasies, right?
more 60s! yes no maybe?
BWHAHHHAAa

United States

#173060 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
If not Potter, certainly Star Trek and Star Wars.
Walt Disney!
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#173061 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I did not expect less than "not guilty".
1) he was white
2) he was a "he"
3) his victim was a member of the throw-away class
4)-- and most important-- SYG law is sh7t.
If SYG was applied **equally** to **everyone**, regardless?
Nobody would ever be convicted of a gun-related crime ever again.
That's how sh7t the law is-- it's written **that** loosely.
To paraphrase Johnnie Cochran "if you are hit you must acquit"

There was a eye witness to the event, whom was interviewed by Police on the scene.

This case was set up with outright media lies to start national RACE baiting and 'Legitimized ' by the Obama administration.

The reality of this case is tragedy followed by sick opportunistic politicians and people whom want to make a profit from it.

The current administration creates events with the help of the media to distract from the reality of further criminal behavior.

Over 50 % of violent crime in this country is commited by blacks ....who are 12% of the population.

Take that statistic down to half the crime is committed by young black men who are less than 4% of the country...is there reason to be suspicious of young black men who are committing half of all crime?

Where are the race pimps,$harpton, Jack$on, Holder, Obama...telling Blacks to straighten out their disgusting lives and get it together?

But no Race Card time here again again again

Why the hell do you think the country is now armed to its teeth?

Maybe... Many people are resigned to that fate in 21st century America.

Land of the Third World.

Home of the politically correct coward.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#173062 Jul 27, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who are interested in them.
LOL !

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#173063 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
But he was breaking [several] law[s] when he shot him dead: deadly assault, murder, stalking, etc.
Only those laws were not applied-- likely because he was **white** and his victim was **not***.
All of that is complete fabrication , You have me wondering if you are a black man , because no one but black men make those assumptions. The jury did not find any of that to be the case, so why would you? Do you hold privileged information that no one else does?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173064 Jul 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Problem with buck is it walks through drywall.
And yes, one must think these things through. I used to teach those courses.
Yes-- buckshot goes through, but not through that and sheathing and siding too.

It's a compromise, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173065 Jul 27, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
To paraphrase Johnnie Cochran "if you are hit you must acquit"
There was a eye witness to the event, whom was interviewed by Police on the scene.
This case was set up with outright media lies to start national RACE baiting and 'Legitimized ' by the Obama administration.
The reality of this case is tragedy followed by sick opportunistic politicians and people whom want to make a profit from it.
The current administration creates events with the help of the media to distract from the reality of further criminal behavior.
Over 50 % of violent crime in this country is commited by blacks ....who are 12% of the population.
Take that statistic down to half the crime is committed by young black men who are less than 4% of the country...is there reason to be suspicious of young black men who are committing half of all crime?
Where are the race pimps,$harpton, Jack$on, Holder, Obama...telling Blacks to straighten out their disgusting lives and get it together?
But no Race Card time here again again again
Why the hell do you think the country is now armed to its teeth?
Maybe... Many people are resigned to that fate in 21st century America.
Land of the Third World.
Home of the politically correct coward.
I'm afraid I cannot agree with your assessment here. Sorry.

The **facts** are?

SYG law is applied to **whites** roughly 20% more than it is to **blacks**.

Those statistics are out there, available for anyone who wants to look them up.

That makes SYG law **racist**.

I'm not claiming intent-- I cannot know the intent of the various prosecutors-- just the facts, ma'am.

But the facts show SYG is being applied unequally, with regards to race.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173066 Jul 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> All of that is complete fabrication , You have me wondering if you are a black man , because no one but black men make those assumptions. The jury did not find any of that to be the case, so why would you? Do you hold privileged information that no one else does?
The jury was instructed-- properly, because of the horrid SYG law-- to acquit.

They had no choice, really.

No-- I'm not black-- not that it matters.

But laws **were** broken, but because he was white, he got to use SYG as a "Get Out Of Jail Free".

Fact: he **did** fire a gun within city limits. That's usually against city ordinances.

Fact: he **did** fire a gun with the intent to cause bodily harm-- that **is** against ordinances pretty much everywhere.

Fact: he **did** prematively decide to shoot his victim, making it premeditated murder, by the strictest definition of the term.

Fact: he **did** shoot and kill his victim-- that falls under the definition of murder pretty much anywhere.

Extenuating circumstances may or may not be applied in the above.

His defense was to use the SYG law-- so automatically goes free, for premeditated murder of an unarmed kid.

Had the kid been **white**? He'd likely be in jail.

Had he been black, and the kid white? He would be facing the death penalty.

Statistically-speaking, of course.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#173067 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
But laws **were** broken, but because he was white, he got to use SYG as a "Get Out Of Jail Free".
Fact: he **did** fire a gun within city limits. That's usually against city ordinances.
Fact: he **did** fire a gun with the intent to cause bodily harm-- that **is** against ordinances pretty much everywhere.
Fact: he **did** prematively decide to shoot his victim, making it premeditated murder, by the strictest definition of the term.
Fact: he **did** shoot and kill his victim-- that falls under the definition of murder pretty much anywhere.
His defense was to use the SYG law-- so automatically goes free, for premeditated murder of an unarmed kid.
You ignore the fact jr was on top of him, that./...

made it...

legal.

The Borderland of Sol

#173068 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes-- buckshot goes through, but not through that and sheathing and siding too.
It's a compromise, really.
Granted.

The trick, of course, is just don't shoot the wall in the first place.

Hehehe.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#173069 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
It was a simple case of self defense in a state that has a standard ground law - nothing more nothing less.

The Florida State instructions to the jury and laws are online I invite you to read them.

Perhaps I should point this out to those who like to conveniently forget...

Fast-forward to 2013, post-acquittal of Florida resident George Zimmerman, and Mr. Obama is now denouncing the very same laws he once supported.

Last Friday he said, the Illinois Review reported:“I think it may be useful for us to examine some state and local laws to see if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the kinds of altercations, confrontations and tragedies as we saw in the Florida case, rather than diffuse potential altercations.

“I know that there’s been commentary about the fact that stand your ground laws in Florida were not used as defense of the case. On the other hand, if we’re sending a message as society in our communities that someone who is armed has a right to use those firearms even if there’s a way for them to exit from the situation, is that really going to be contributing to the kind of peace and security and order that we’d like to see?”

Mr. Obama then posed the question: If Trayvon Martin had been armed, would he have been legally justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman if he had felt threatened?

“And if the answer to that question is at least ambiguous, then it seems to me that we might want to examine those kinds of laws,” he said.

Hmm
What was the title of that article?

Then-Sen. Obama co-sponsored ‘stand your ground’ law in 2004 in Illinois

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/22 ...

The Borderland of Sol

#173070 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, in that case, SYG was not a claim made by the defence.

Self-defence (which WAS the claim) trumps the business of shooting-within-city-limits ordinances, if proven. Same goes for the other offences you mentioned.

In all fairness, Zimmerman was an idiot. He did not break any laws (obviously). But most Neighbourhood Watch programs specifically forbid firearms, and getting into a fight with a suspect is a real no-no.

I understand the depth of your feelings here, and even agree in the most part - but this was a cock-up from the outset, and there's enough blame to go around.

Poor judgement on everyon's part.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173071 Jul 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You ignore the fact jr was on top of him, that./...
made it...
legal.
I have never argued it wasn't **legal**.

The Stand Your Ground law makes **any** murder legal, pretty much.

All the person needs to do? Is claim he was defending against a would-be murderer.

And, naturally, he must **kill** the person, so they cannot explain that they were **not** actually trying to kill them...

But you tried to claim the black woman, who got 20 years, wasn't covered under SYG-- she was.

Well, apart from being black and a woman, of course... that is why she didn't get to Stand Her Ground.

That law **clearly** doesn't apply to black women in Florida.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173072 Jul 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You ignore the fact jr was on top of him, that./...
made it...
legal.
No.. the mistake the black woman made (apart from being black, and a woman) was she didn't **murder** her estranged boyfriend...

.... THEN, she maybe would have got away with it.

Just like the kid-killer who did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 599,315
The Christian Atheist debate 30 min Greezy 1,903
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min lightbeamrider 863,698
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Johnny 117
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 272,400
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,343
light skin men (Apr '13) 1 hr TheCritics 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 612,890
More from around the web