Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#172948 Jul 25, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
He only kills people like you , and in due time. We see why.
If he kills people like us, why do you want us to follow your murderous cult so badly?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#172949 Jul 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If he kills people like us, why do you want us to follow your murderous cult so badly?
The promise of paradise and (some) believers have a lack of empathy so fantasise about hellish torments.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172950 Jul 25, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
He only kills people like you , and in due time. We see why.
"Just Results" displaying the REAL meaning of "Jesus is Love" once more.

Orwellian, of course.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172951 Jul 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A mad Jewish scientist thought he created the perfect weapon, he called it god. He became a lunatic causing it to kill everybody except Jews, except it started killing Jews too. He forgot to invent an "off" button for it.
An atheist came up with an off button, but the religious nuts still have problem with it, they cant find it. But it does have one and is best kept in the off position, in the "on" position it's a lunatics weapon.
A **brilliant** analogy.

Well done!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172952 Jul 25, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the robocensors go haywire once in awhile, after all, what could possibly be wrong with black powder? I can type black powder, black powder...but you can't type black powder???
Oh well, black powder to all and to all a good night;0)
:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172953 Jul 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Very informative- as usual - thank you!
All my posting is done from my iPhone5.
I avoid Zoosk Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Skype et al.
I post where an opinion can be entered without joining anything.
I spend a lot of time in Florida so the Zimmerman trial is been a point of interest last several weeks.
I also delete/disable the dedicated "twitter" engines from my devices.

Of course, I never post on anything using my Galaxy 3, but that's neither here nor there. It's not because of my data plan--that's unlimited, it's because this is a hobby.

And I can type 70+ words a minute on my desktop's split ergo keyboard.

I type maybe 1 or 2 words a minute on those tiny virtual kb's the phone has. I have a bluetooth kb, but I never bother with it.

----------

I can understand your worry about Fl's "kill them quick" law, idiotically called "stand your ground".

The **results** of that law have translated into "kill them quick"-- because if they live? You get tried for **attempted** murder.

If you **kill** your adversary? You can invoke "stand your ground", and get off scott free...

... WTF?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172954 Jul 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the time I use the corporate laptop.
This is limited solely to the company intranet.
Travel quite a bit mostly east of the Mississippi River.
As far as editing topics does have a flaw and I'm sure you've noticed it!
If you find an article that contains offensive words from any website, copy and paste this article into notes, Edit for content include URL and post to topics.
Error occurs saying please refrain from using bad language or something to that effect.
Reenter the same four numbers, press post comment, the whole post goes through un-edited or restricted.
As a computer professional it's only doing this edit one time, then bypasses it!
But.

If you **do** post the unaltered comment that was flagged?

It **only** appears to **you**-- it's blanked to most posters, and does not show at all.

Which is why some of your posts may go ignored by everyone--- it's blanked, and they don't tell you that.

Use a different browser that has **no** Topix cookies, and you'll see what I mean.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#172955 Jul 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
A **brilliant** analogy.
Well done!
One is minded of the Rabbi Eliyahu's (or Rabbi ben Bezalel's) Golem of Prague.

Sorry.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172956 Jul 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One is minded of the Rabbi Eliyahu's (or Rabbi ben Bezalel's) Golem of Prague.
Sorry.
Oooohh... good catch, yes.

That is an interesting tale of ignoring the consequences.(among other things)

I once ran a D&D campaign/adventure loosely based on that story.

Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#172957 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course, I never post on anything using my Galaxy 3, but that's neither here nor there. It's not because of my data plan--that's unlimited, it's because this is a hobby.
I type maybe 1 or 2 words a minute on those tiny virtual kb's the phone has. I have a bluetooth kb, but I never bother with it.
----------
I can understand your worry about Fl's "kill them quick" law, idiotically called "stand your ground".
The **results** of that law have translated into "kill them quick"-- because if they live? You get tried for **attempted** murder.
If you **kill** your adversary? You can invoke "stand your ground", and get off scott free...
... WTF?
STG law is in 17 states.

What would happen if the "suspicious person" was a unarmed white teen , was shot dead, and the shooter claimed self-defense?

There would be no white mobs in the street chanting "No justice, no peace!" There would be no whites holding a "million hoodie march" in NYC.

There would be no white equivalent of Al Sharpton, the professional race-baiter behind the 1987 Tawana Brawley hoax, leading marches in the streets of the shooter's hometown.

There would be no Federal civil rights investigation by the Justice Department.

There would be no comments from a president who seems congenitally unable to keep his mouth shut on matters involving left-wing political correctness.

And there would be no national media attention from biased, left-wing "reporters."

In all probability, the actions of Zimmerman in Florida were also based on a series of poor decisions: the decision to follow a suspect after a police dispatcher told him not to, the decision to confront a suspect with a firearm off his own property, and a split-second decision to shoot an unarmed person when Zimmerman felt his life was in imminent danger, resulting in tragedy.

But a tragedy is not necessarily a Federal civil rights case - unless the mobs in the streets and their allies in the media and government want to make it one.

The truth of the matter is that "civil rights" cases are often little more than reverse lynch mobs.

Today, blacks often led by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, lead street protests or riots, and the Federal government comes after white suspects with the "rope" of "civil rights" charges.

And just like the old Southern sheriffs with ties to the Klan who turned a blind eye to the illegal actions of whites, the Department of Justice often refuses to act on "civil rights" violations when the perpetrators are black and the victims are white.

In the eyes of the Federal government and the political Left, all whites are forever suspected of being Klansmen with shotguns in their pickup trucks, and all blacks are perpetually innocent, doe-eyed victims of white oppression.

I seldom agree with Bill O'Reilly but someone sent me this link...

http://www.billoreilly.com/video...

Back on topic I find it ironic is 76-year-old Virgin is in the land of non-versions a.k.a. Brazil!
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#172958 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
----------
... WTF?
Sidebar!
Jesse and Al are Jesus pseudo professionals!
Reverends ? Lmao!

Another sordid example of religion perverting itself

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172959 Jul 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
STG law is in 17 states.
What would happen if the "suspicious person" was a unarmed white teen , was shot dead, and the shooter claimed self-defense?
Depends.

Is the shooter black?

Then.....

The Borderland of Sol

#172961 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Oooohh... good catch, yes.
That is an interesting tale of ignoring the consequences.(among other things)
I once ran a D&D campaign/adventure loosely based on that story.
"Go ahead, annoy the DM.
It's your soul."

Laffin. Once upon a time, yes, even I went there.
Thinking

UK

#172962 Jul 25, 2013
Some DMs were humourless.

"No, you can't call your character 'Eric the Cleric'. This isn't all a bloody joke, you know. You must give him a different name."

"How about Derek?"

"Get out."
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Go ahead, annoy the DM.
It's your soul."
Laffin. Once upon a time, yes, even I went there.

The Borderland of Sol

#172963 Jul 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"No, you can't call your character 'Eric the Cleric'. This isn't all a bloody joke, you know. You must give him a different name."
"How about Derek?"
"Get out."
<quoted text>
Hehehe.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#172964 Jul 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"How about Derek?"
"Get out."
<quoted text>
Those people are like religious nuts, Those people hate uber too, obviously you don't want to name your character Jon Luke Piccard to play in LOTRs , but who gives a rats ass if you did? LOL I remember a Russian that had a chara named
Windows XP...lmao

Location hidden

#172965 Jul 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
STG law is in 17 states.
There would be no white mobs in the street chanting "No justice, no peace!" There would be no whites holding a "million hoodie march" in NYC.
There would be no white equivalent of Al Sharpton, the professional race-baiter behind the 1987 Tawana Brawley hoax, leading marches in the streets of the shooter's hometown.
There would be no Federal civil rights investigation by the Justice Department.
There would be no comments from a president who seems congenitally unable to keep his mouth shut on matters involving left-wing political correctness.
And there would be no national media attention from biased, left-wing "reporters."
In all probability, the actions of Zimmerman in Florida were also based on a series of poor decisions: the decision to follow a suspect after a police dispatcher told him not to, the decision to confront a suspect with a firearm off his own property, and a split-second decision to shoot an unarmed person when Zimmerman felt his life was in imminent danger, resulting in tragedy.
But a tragedy is not necessarily a Federal civil rights case - unless the mobs in the streets and their allies in the media and government want to make it one.
The truth of the matter is that "civil rights" cases are often little more than reverse lynch mobs.
Today, blacks often led by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, lead street protests or riots, and the Federal government comes after white suspects with the "rope" of "civil rights" charges.
And just like the old Southern sheriffs with ties to the Klan who turned a blind eye to the illegal actions of whites, the Department of Justice often refuses to act on "civil rights" violations when the perpetrators are black and the victims are white.
In the eyes of the Federal government and the political Left, all whites are forever suspected of being Klansmen with shotguns in their pickup trucks, and all blacks are perpetually innocent, doe-eyed victims of white oppression.
I seldom agree with Bill O'Reilly but someone sent me this link...
http://www.billoreilly.com/video...
Back on topic I find it ironic is 76-year-old Virgin is in the land of non-versions a.k.a. Brazil!
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/race-baiting...

Be sure to read the second page and note the uses of AZ Tea and Skittles, and the text exchanges.
Thinking

UK

#172966 Jul 25, 2013
This DM didn't like 'Aladdin the Paladin', either. I didn't play once I hit 17 (my age - not a roll on a D20) as a result.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Those people are like religious nuts, Those people hate uber too, obviously you don't want to name your character Jon Luke Piccard to play in LOTRs , but who gives a rats ass if you did? LOL I remember a Russian that had a chara named
Windows XP...lmao

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#172967 Jul 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
STG law is in 17 states.
If the shooter was black, he would have been arrested immediately and ultimately found guilty in spite of SYG. That didn't happen with Zimmerman, which is why there was an issue.

Let's put it a different way. Suppose your daughter was walking home alone and a strange man followed along in a car. The man then gets out of the car and want to know what your daughter wanted around there. Is it safe to assume she would at first ignore the stranger? If the stranger then got upset and confronted your daughter, would she not fight back? And if the stranger *at any point* felt scared, would he have the right to shoot your daughter?

The system isn't grotesquely unfair to black male teens. If the races were switched, the black man shooting the white teenager would have had a 20 year sentence. Sort of like the woman who shot *into the air* to warn off her *abusive* husband. oh, she was black. I guess SYG doesn't apply to her.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#172968 Jul 25, 2013
Sorry, it *is* grotesquely unfair to black male teens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Tony17 559,051
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Barnsweb 441,756
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min pusherman_ 774,058
Does anyone like watching people masterbate? (May '14) 37 min devilkitty666 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 175,557
Couch Potato Alert 2 hr yon 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seraphima 604,838
More from around the web