Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
165,601 - 165,620 of 225,644 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I always loved with the scene with all the wannabe messiahs running around in that movie.
We know now that historically that is ironically close to the truth.
<quoted text>
It still is.
In Judaism anyone can be a potential Messiah. Claiming to be the Messiah is not a sin or blasphemy which proves that the Gospel of John is a pack of lies.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Religion cannot even get the gospels to match up.
<quoted text>
Yes.

That is one of the most **damning** proofs that the ugly bible isn't remotely divine in any way.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well and succinctly put, sir.
Kudos.
Thank you sir.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna start a fight?
Ask two Christians what the last words of the Jesus were.
Indeed.

Or who, specifically, was at Jesus' alleged tomb on Easter morning.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Our states border each other....barely and I'm on the northeast side of you. Deep ruby red here too :D A lot of people here don't seem to realize that there actually is a world beyond the USA.*sigh*

Much family here, too. As some stop breathing, others are just beginning and I probably never will move away. I've grown used to the scenery anyway. I would enjoy traveling some more before I take up the rocking chair, I hope so. Maybe just to a blue state for some fresh air :)
I like travel. But I hate airplane companies, so I rarely travel...

I have been to a blue state-- alas, my pay scale is commiserate with my extremely low cost of living (one of the few bennies here), and so the blue state was rather costly from my perspective.

But I did enjoy the plethora of choices for interest-- museums and such, aplenty.

A feature that is missing here in a region where most folk are challenged just opening a cardboard 12 pack carton ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the earliest, and IMEO, most reliable source, His last words were "My God! My God! Why have you abandoned me ?"
See? Clearly that wasn't the safe word he was supposed to use...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why the later Gospel tell a different story.
The Jesus of Mark is a far cry from the Christ of John.
Note that Christians think that since Matthew comes before Mark in the Bible that Mark was written later. Their own early church leaders note that the order was based upon content, not age.

Christians are quite clueless about their own religion.
Being clueless about the origins is how many of them cope with the fact that their religion does not correspond in any way to reality.

*sigh*

Reality. The one thing that keeps impinging on religion in a negative way.

Does that affect reality in any way? No...

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
The Gospel of Mark is about a failed Jewish Messiah.
The Gospels of Matthew, Luke and John are about a pagan demigod.

Note that nothing in Paul's epistles demonstrate that he knew a single thing in a single Gospel, canonical or otherwise.
Indeed not. According to the current, best practice (scholarship), Paul's stuff is the oldest that's still around.

And I also find it interesting, that Paul never describes his jesus as a human--ever.

I can easily see how the religion evolved, from a fairly common idea of a celestial-being-savior-sacrifi ce-reborn one.

Into one that sports a human element, with the 1/2 man 1/2 god meme which makes the central figure more ... human, and more accessible than one of pure spirit.

Oh, would that Constantine didn't need a new, custom-written religion to prop up is ailing Empire.

We'd still have a world of thousands upon thousands of completely different, minor religions that nobody really takes seriously.

Instead of a world with 3 major, murderously-competitive ones who think, because of popularity, they are justified in their murderous activities...

... meh.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
One guy here said you are truly a sad commentary of the human race.
He says you are a pitiful, sad, and depressed , and pathetic loser.
Most are here wondering what you got caught doing. Your shame is really showing itself.
Keep posting....the store is open 24 hours.
Are there really this many mean, rude, and ego driven people around you? And are you really so bored with your life that you want to waste time sitting at McDonald's talking crap about people on Topix? Don't you have a church function you could be at? lol

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there really this many mean, rude, and ego driven people around you? And are you really so bored with your life that you want to waste time sitting at McDonald's talking crap about people on Topix? Don't you have a church function you could be at? lol
What's going on here?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's going on here?
I was responding to a post from "Atheism is evil"...Apparently he has decided that his time is better spent at a local McDonald's keeping the employees there from working by sharing all of the posts here on the Atheist forum. Not only does he disrupt any peaceful conversation that we may have here on these threads, but he has apparently decided to disrupt people from there job as well. Seems legit given his horrid people skills.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Most are here wondering what you got caught doing. Your shame is really showing itself.
Hate speech duly noted, recorded and forwarded.

Your imaginary "friend" that you invented above? Is no more real than is your god-of-hate.

Thanks for being a poster child **for** atheism.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt he has any real friends.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to a post from "Atheism is evil"...Apparently he has decided that his time is better spent at a local McDonald's keeping the employees there from working by sharing all of the posts here on the Atheist forum. Not only does he disrupt any peaceful conversation that we may have here on these threads, but he has apparently decided to disrupt people from there job as well. Seems legit given his horrid people skills.
Hey I'm with you--and Bob.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in McDonalds using their Wi-Fi to show people in the store how ugly atheists are. I'm specifically showing them YOUR posts. I'm searching all of the threads you have infested and so far the crowd is appalled at how filthy you are as human trash.
Keep posting. We're really getting some great discussions going as to how you will be destroyed in Hell for your weak-willed and gutless deeds as an atheist.
Even the employees are getting in on this.
Its funny how you call atheists trash, while eating at mcdonalds.

When you're brave enough to prove the god you're here to lie to us about, your opinions may matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I'm with you--and Bob.
Well it's nice to meet ya :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
The only friends you could find to support your hateful creationist agenda were found at 24hr McDonalds.

just sayin'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Since nobody believes this creationist clown, he's left talking to a statue of ronald mcdonald.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in McDonalds using their Wi-Fi to show people in the store how ugly atheists are. I'm specifically showing them YOUR posts. I'm searching all of the threads you have infested and so far the crowd is appalled at how filthy you are as human trash.
Keep posting. We're really getting some great discussions going as to how you will be destroyed in Hell for your weak-willed and gutless deeds as an atheist.
Too funny... a McDonald's palate, According to you a self-styled McDonald's employee Crusade, All in support of your opinion?

You should alert the media!

Do you have them carrying signs?

Is Ronald McDonald sporting the latest copy of the 10 amendments err commandments?

We need to find a location of hell.
Do we dig up or down?

Yours in Christ Provided Allah is willing and
Hare Krishna agrees with both.
shalom ;)
Thinking

York, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

McDonalds is famed for its "worthy" clientele.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerq...

I'm laughing at you, not with you.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min guest 537,092
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 730,103
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Dr_Zorderz 259,287
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Most Smart dr Shrink 599,538
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 26 min Johnny 2,182
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min Strength and Honor 172,933
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min USA-1 117,802

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••