Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#172166 Jul 15, 2013
Hmmm I'll wait for you to be able to factually prove me wrong okay Senile Dave?:)
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am waiting for your diaper to be changed.
You are a little stinky butt.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#172167 Jul 15, 2013
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
:O) I always have a smile for my customers, rude or not.
a male ho like you should smile after gargling a pair

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172168 Jul 15, 2013
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
:O) I always have a smile for my customers, rude or not.
As do I.

It costs me nothing-- and if they are a bit rude? My smile rubs it in that I'm taking the high road, and they are not.

:D

I'd much rather be a bit smug, as I take the checks to the bank, than to get the dubious "satisfaction" of one-upping a now-former customer...

Louisville, KY

#172169 Jul 15, 2013
Funny how they cringe in fear when you ask them what church they attend eh? Totally ashamed of their church.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do you want to know About Bro. Love's traveling salvaction show???

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172170 Jul 15, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
As I understand it, Constantine did listen at the council, and did offer ideas and suggestions, but not as the sole authority. He basically appointed himself as judge or speaker of the house, for the purpose of keeping order during the council. His main concern was order and peace rather than theological doctrine. This he largely left to the bishops.
If he was merely judge, then why-- over the objections of nearly everyone there-- why did he railroad Revelations into cannon?

Unless he had an agenda to fulfill....

Louisville, KY

#172171 Jul 15, 2013
Oh a picture of Jesus!
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you can kiss some of this Christhole (_*_)

Louisville, KY

#172172 Jul 15, 2013
The vote was against revelations being put in the bible... Yes all of the books in your myth were voted on like a top 10 video count down. The words of God voted on and placed in by non believers lol!

And I won't even get into all of the books that were rewritten and heavily edited at the different councils... Oh yes there was more than one.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
The inclusion of Revelations as I understand it was hotly contested. Many didn't want it included. But the Council of Nicea wasn't about canonizing the NT, but about unifying the Church as a whole.
The Church historian Eusebius was believed to be on friendly terms with Constantine, so we can't be sure how much bias there was in his accounts. This is an honest and fair thing to say. But in light of that, there is no reason to believe that Eusebius was dishonest either. Unless there are very good reasons to dismiss Eusebius' account of what happened at Nicea, then it is generally conceded that his account is accurate.
As I understand it, Constantine did listen at the council, and did offer ideas and suggestions, but not as the sole authority. He basically appointed himself as judge or speaker of the house, for the purpose of keeping order during the council. His main concern was order and peace rather than theological doctrine. This he largely left to the bishops.
We can get into a long discussion about Constantine if you wish.
Oh by the way-
With regard to the story of the store keeper and snooty customer, I think I understand the difference in our opinions. I interpreted it as a story of moral principle,(like one of Aesop's Fables) while you understood it in the context of business ethics. From your viewpoint, within that context, you would be correct. I think this is one of the differences that keep atheists and theists from understanding each other. Our perspectives are different, and so are our concerns.

Louisville, KY

#172173 Jul 15, 2013
Yahweh/Jesus must have been too damn busy at that pottery sale that took historical precedence over the documenting of Jesus.

Fantastic bargains were to be had after all!:))
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was merely judge, then why-- over the objections of nearly everyone there-- why did he railroad Revelations into cannon?
Unless he had an agenda to fulfill....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172174 Jul 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yahweh/Jesus must have been too damn busy at that pottery sale that took historical precedence over the documenting of Jesus.
Fantastic bargains were to be had after all!:))
<quoted text>
Indeed.

If Jesus was historical, and was divine?

Why did he not take **godly** steps to ensure his message-- his unambiguous message-- made it properly through history?

It's almost as if he wanted it to become garbled.

Or?

As if he was busy elsewhere....

....!!!

<grin>

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172175 Jul 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh a picture of Jesus!
<quoted text>
now you believe Jesus exist!!!! way to go
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#172176 Jul 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do atheist $#&T in their pants?
I didn't know they did, after they where older than one or two.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#172177 Jul 15, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Council of Nicea wasn't about canonizing the NT, but about unifying the Church as a whole.
Get one thing clear in your mind here.

The Council of Nicea was to solidify an Empire, to do so meant.

To make the made up bull shit match, so everybody could be taught to believe the same lies.

Cant have one side the Empire arguing about the color of holy underwear with the other. We all gots to have the same underpants. AND by my decree , from this day forward ...It is the word of GOD!

Louisville, KY

#172178 Jul 15, 2013
No, you could make a picture of Homer Simpson the same way but that doesn't mean that I would believe that Homer Simpson was anything more than a work of fiction.

In desperation mode trying to change the subject I see. When I asked you what church you belonged to you ran and hid as expected. So ashamed of your religion eh? You must be a Mormon or something.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>now you believe Jesus exist!!!! way to go

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#172179 Jul 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>so darling you admit GOD exist??? it is finish
Oh darlin...What was said was "if god did exist"... re-read it. That was a good attempt at making it to a non-existant finish line first though ;)

Louisville, KY

#172180 Jul 15, 2013
It seems as of he would be smart enough to know that timely appropriate documentation would be necessary had he existed and was even remotely above average.

Either the NT is a myth or that pottery sale was too tempting. I can see it now an angel whispers.. Hey Jesus those fools aren't writing your account yet! Jesus replies, no worries it's not like it will take 50-100 plus years right? Surely my work and words will be so well documented and popular that they won't end up being voted on with a pagan as judge! Hahaha! That would just be wacky and no thoughtful person would accept it! We would have to force conversion by the sword and spear which is expressly forbidden in my teachings! Hahahaha!

Oops

:))
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed.

If Jesus was historical, and was divine?

Why did he not take **godly** steps to ensure his message-- his unambiguous message-- made it properly through history?

It's almost as if he wanted it to become garbled.

Or?

As if he was busy elsewhere....

....!!!

<grin>

Location hidden

#172181 Jul 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>are you tired of being owned by the Clown?
CLOWN OWNAGE
VICTORY
LOL...I can't be tired of something that hasn't even happened my dear.

Location hidden

#172182 Jul 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Its off to work I go! Hey all my atheist peeps see my middle finger? I shall return!
Oh we know you'll be back. You must find your attention somewhere.

Location hidden

#172183 Jul 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Stop cowering there are thousands of variations of Christian churches from catholic to Mormon.
Which Christian denomination do you belong to.
Isn't it funny how so many Christholes are to scared to say what religion they belong to on here? Seriously I laugh at their humiliation.
<quoted text>
I know right!!! They can't stand to say which denomination they are. If they could just get their myths straight they could all be one big happy family lol.
Tall Guy

Atlanta, GA

#172184 Jul 15, 2013
All atheists are going to hell.

Revelation 21:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172185 Jul 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No, you could make a picture of Homer Simpson the same way but that doesn't mean that I would believe that Homer Simpson was anything more than a work of fiction.
In desperation mode trying to change the subject I see. When I asked you what church you belonged to you ran and hid as expected. So ashamed of your religion eh? You must be a Mormon or something.
<quoted text>
I bet you are a huge fan of Glee !!!:) snicker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Karma is a_______ 739,884
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min KayMarie 542,931
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Pegasus 259,625
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 21 min Infinite Force 3
Submissives 46 min Ellejonson 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Edthirty 3,142
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Chris Clearwater 173,768
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Azphene 154

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••