Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,260)

Showing posts 165,181 - 165,200 of224,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right and it is virtually the only one you on the other hand tell everybody they are gay whenever they disagree with you which is pretty much all the time.
So once again you have been shown up for the ignorant lier that you are.
did you call me a lier??? LOL!~ sticks and stones
you can't insult the Clown, BOY!!!
once again Clownie OWNAGE
The grammar nazi will get you boy!! you're a liar you just can't spell it.... LMAO

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
no i'm not interested in you find some one else!
I don't care how hard you try Mikko, Im not showing you my junk...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>get into a good bible based church and find out
Those do not exist darlin...and aside from that, you not wanting to answer just shows there is no purpose for you on this forum. I have to wonder why you so desperately choose to seek attention here. That seems to be all you seek or you would engage in a conversation, or dare I say a debate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching Creflo Dollar preaching on tv the other day.
What an appropriate, in-your-face name.
lol...fantastic! Very fitting...I agree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
Church was wonderful !!!!!!!!!! Its great being on the winning side.. I love it... You guys are missing a blessing !!!!!!! HALELLUJAH AMEN
Honey...it doesn't take a christian to know that if "god" did exist...he stopped listening to you a long time ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Shoo Fly
Shoo you yellow bellied varmant...back to the christian forum with you...or do they not like you over there either??? lol

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Breadcrumbs? So your god is limited to simplistic and pretty much fraudulent methodologies to get his "message" across?
Fraudulent? Hardly. Jesus toyed with the Pharisees during His ministry because they thought they knew everything, and because of their self-righteous bigotry. The Pharisees were the "Fundies" of their day. To people struggling with doubts (atheists, skeptics, cynics) he was much more patient and understanding. Jesus only toyed with those who thought they were better than others. He toyed with Pontius Pilate even while being tried in a capital case.
Why not make the message plain and unambiguous? Why all the "mystery" which permits so very much fraud to exist within the whole?
Would it matter if the message were less ambiguous or plain? Would you accept the message then? That's a question only you can answer. But the answer to your question is this: God uses ambiguity not to deceive or toy with true seekers, but to separate those who truly want to understand, from those who don't want to understand or those who think they don't need to. There's nothing fraudulent about compelling people to really dig down deep for the truth. It ensures that only those who really want to draw closer will be able to do so. Those who want to mock or deny will get their wish. They will be excluded.
No... any god who suffers the likes of T-Town (the hate-filled) and Pat Robertson (the even more hate-filled) to exist, and to denigrate the whole idea of god?
By their constant displays of hate and intolerance?
Such a god is unworthy of the title.
Such a god can only be called evil.
Okay, what makes you think T-Town is "hate filled?" I don't think he hates. He may not agree with certain aspects of the secular world-view, but that doesn't mean he hates people. I don't agree with everything Pat Robertson says or does, but I can't assume that he hates people. If you want to discuss the subject of intolerance, that's a good thing. But let me ask a question. What exactly is your idea of intolerance?

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I did read your previous, and lengthy story.
Obviously the arrogant store-owner's quality of goods wasn't enough to impress the out-of-towner.
I see the bible as being much the same: it cannot impress directly, it's too fatally flawed.
But.
If you deliberately mislead someone, and deliberately send them on a convoluted and confusing journey?
Then, as they are at their most confused-- you literally hit them over the head with a cherry-picked nugget from the bible?
Maybe... maybe **then** they will be confused enough to accept it?
Is **that** how your god works?
I think you misunderstood my point. The out-of-towner was the smug arrogant one, and was attempting to belittle the store owner insidiously. He was being sneaky and disrespectful, and not appreciating that the store owner was allowing him to be in his store in the first place. The smug out-of-towner didn't even connect the name of the store with his own behavior. "Humble Inn" A play on the word "humbling." When somebody is humbled, they realize they may have been too cocky. Too smug. Too condescending. So, the store owner gave him a second chance to appreciate what had already been in front of him. The out-of-towner took too long to realize his mistake. He arrived just as the store owner was locking up for the night. The out-of-towner shouldn't have been so cocky and arrogant.

That's the lesson. And it's a good one.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

And what church do you attend again? It seems you are deeply ashamed of it.
T-Town Clown wrote:
Church was wonderful !!!!!!!!!! Its great being on the winning side.. I love it... You guys are missing a blessing !!!!!!! HALELLUJAH AMEN

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Shall I copy n paste some of his quotes for you to defend? I will if you actually respond and not cower away as you are so prone to do.

The NT is a myth that follows in the footsteps of dozens of other savior son of god stories from the region.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Fraudulent? Hardly. Jesus toyed with the Pharisees Okay, what makes you think T-Town is "hate filled?" I don't think he hates.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Shoo Fly
Hush, Tard

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists : "my imaginations tells me your going to hell"
Creationists: "but it's my own hateful personality that will communicate this empty threat to you"
lol creaitonist: my whimsical nonsense is on par with atheist logic and rational thinking lol

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no...let's not go there! lol :-) There are so many televangelists still out there stealing people's money. It's insane! Faith healers are the worst kind in my opinion.
One would think that people who are convinced that they are going to a place where the streets are paved with gold (what good's it going to do them?) and lie around on clouds playing the harp for a million gazillion years wouldn't be so afraid to die....wouldn't they?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think your educated on the universe?
That should be, "Do you think ***YOU'RE*** educated on the universe?"

I mean, if you're going to challenge people's educational standards...please show a scintilla of your own....education, that is;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>

Verses in one book of the bible cannot be compared with verses in another book for the purpose of finding contradictions. That is known as "proof-texting" and isn't intelligent nor honest.
Epic fail.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Those do not exist darlin...and aside from that, you not wanting to answer just shows there is no purpose for you on this forum. I have to wonder why you so desperately choose to seek attention here. That seems to be all you seek or you would engage in a conversation, or dare I say a debate.
You have him pegged. You see the number of posts he has made and now you have figured out the lack of quality and intelligence to be found in those posts.

He's a guy with low self esteem trying to get attention, even bad attention, to validate himself. Instead of seeking help he lives on this site and sets himself up to fail. It's a vicious cycle he can't seem to escape.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol creaitonist: my whimsical nonsense is on par with atheist logic and rational thinking lol
Are you back, The Dave?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you there. I don't approve of the televangelists on mainstream TV today. They're all just a rehash of Jimmy Swaggart, James and Tammy Baker, and the rest who misrepresented Christianity.
Today's generation are Joyce Meyer, Joel Olsteen, and Creflo Dollar.
"Everybody is too focused on finding out everything about all things today. People are too focused on dissecting every little bit of knowledge they can find about everything on and outside - this earth, and this isn't good. We need to have some things in life that remain unknown. We call this trust. This is what is called faith , and trust or faith is necessary to know god" -- Joyce Meyer 12-21-2005

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you back, The Dave?
The Dave Nelson is in suspended agitation right now.

He'll be back.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstood my point. The out-of-towner was the smug arrogant one, and was attempting to belittle the store owner insidiously. He was being sneaky and disrespectful, and not appreciating that the store owner was allowing him to be in his store in the first place. The smug out-of-towner didn't even connect the name of the store with his own behavior. "Humble Inn" A play on the word "humbling." When somebody is humbled, they realize they may have been too cocky. Too smug. Too condescending. So, the store owner gave him a second chance to appreciate what had already been in front of him. The out-of-towner took too long to realize his mistake. He arrived just as the store owner was locking up for the night. The out-of-towner shouldn't have been so cocky and arrogant.
That's the lesson. And it's a good one.
I found the shop-owner to be the sneaky and disrespectful one. He was the one that sent a customer on a long journey only to bring him back to the very same store. The shop owner was the one that seems to think he knows better than the customer what is good for the customer. And that is arrogance. The shop clearly didn't have what the customer wanted, yet the shop owner, promising a better shop, wastes the time of the customer and then gives exactly what was already determined to be insufficient.

Perhaps the shop owner saw the customer as being smug and cocky when he simply knew what he wanted and found the shop didn't have it. It seems to me that it was the shop owner that sought to belittle the customer, not the other way around.

Your lesson is mixed up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 165,181 - 165,200 of224,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

546 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,947
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hidingfromyou 719,986
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min shyam 4,468
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,207
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min MideastNews 599,040
*ISRAEL-Gaza "will NOT erupt" in All-OUT WAR 18 min MideastNews 1
Man To Man Combat 20 min PDX Dave 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min atemcowboy 532,317
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Dr_Zorderz 256,365
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••