Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Thinking

Lymington, UK

#171678 Jul 10, 2013
Your opinion is without worth, you necrophiliac sisterfucker.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#171679 Jul 10, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What man created time?
Well I could attempt to pull that one out of my ass, but I won't...I could google it, but I really don't feel like reading through all that garbage cause it will go back and forth on there too, since there is no specific person that "invented" it.

Let's just say that even if "god" created day and night...man would have had to have invented a tool to measure time so that we could use time as we needed to. That should make sense to you. I haven't ever read in the bible where "god" created the clock.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#171680 Jul 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed idiots think other people are crazy, because they do not subscribe to their maniacal delusions and lucid insanities.
Dream world and secret fantasy is the norm of christian ideology.
LOL!

You are more maniacal in your non-belief than the overwhelming majority of them in their belief. Irrational even.

Location hidden

#171681 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those scholars just study other scholars.
Socrates had some seriously highly placed enemies in Athens. That is why he died. You best believe there would have been some official propaganda and gloating over his death. Much publicizing of what happens to those that oppose.
Show me some.
Why would one man like him be so worshiped for his ideas unless he was elevated above other men by scholars?
There are a lot more writings about Jesus, and he has had much more impact on human history.
I am not educated on the subject of Socrates enough to discuss in depth about him...however I don't agree that there were more writings about Jesus....at least not in secular history. There have been similar arguments that have floated around about Jesus and Paul. I just don't look into depth about those things because I don't feel like it is neither here nor there as far as my beliefs go.

Location hidden

#171682 Jul 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
atheist are goofy for believing the lie of evolution
O.k. so I've heard christians say before, that Noah would have been like 12 feet tall back in the day, and if that is the case then why are we not 12 feet tall now?????? That is called evolution. Like it or not. That is evolution. I don't believe that Noah existed, but if he did, then how else would you explain this??????

Westcliffe, CO

#171683 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not educated on the subject of Socrates enough to discuss in depth about him...however I don't agree that there were more writings about Jesus....at least not in secular history. There have been similar arguments that have floated around about Jesus and Paul. I just don't look into depth about those things because I don't feel like it is neither here nor there as far as my beliefs go.
I didn't either until I got on here dealing with rabid anti-Christians and started looking things up.

The truth is you can't even get the truth about something that happens now, much less years ago.

Everyone wants to sell you something.

You pick your truths where you find them. You have to live with them. The regimented souls like fundies and Topix atheists ain't got brains to do that for themselves.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171684 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
O.k. so I've heard christians say before, that Noah would have been like 12 feet tall back in the day, and if that is the case then why are we not 12 feet tall now?????? That is called evolution. Like it or not. That is evolution. I don't believe that Noah existed, but if he did, then how else would you explain this??????
OMG!!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASNORTDHAH AFARTS

12 feet tall BAAAAHAHAHA!or you like 6 yrs old

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171685 Jul 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your opinion is without worth, you necrophiliac sisterfucker.
<quoted text>
reported
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#171687 Jul 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed idiots think other people are crazy, because they do not subscribe to their maniacal delusions and lucid insanities.
Dream world and secret fantasy is the norm of christian ideology.
hey shnoogly, you must be on the "edge". Youre starting to sound like limpoma the chunky flunky.

Location hidden

#171688 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't either until I got on here dealing with rabid anti-Christians and started looking things up.
The truth is you can't even get the truth about something that happens now, much less years ago.
Everyone wants to sell you something.
You pick your truths where you find them. You have to live with them. The regimented souls like fundies and Topix atheists ain't got brains to do that for themselves.
"The truth is you can't even get the truth about something that happens now, much less years ago."

At the risk of you getting angry with me, I can say that I agree with you to some point...however I think that science, and archeology can give us many answers from the past, and in the now it's much easier to find truth as the time is in the present. I totally agree that a person has to choose their own truth...I am just not one of the people that have chosen the biblical creation (god) as mine. I find it impossible to believe that the bible is authentic in its current state, or at all. Again that is just my opinion. I still find it hard to believe that anyone would, and I still think that religions should stay a personal practice and not one that is publicly forced onto non-followers. I feel like even the Topix atheists have chosen to agree with science over faith. I personally see nothing wrong with that simply because I trust science because science has given me answers that can be explained rationally. Any huge questions like, where the universe came from, and where we will go when we die will never be answered by proof. I feel like those are impossible questions to answer unless you were there, or until you get there.

Location hidden

#171689 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Well I could attempt to pull that one out of my ass, but I won't...I could google it, but I really don't feel like reading through all that garbage cause it will go back and forth on there too, since there is no specific person that "invented" it.

Let's just say that even if "god" created day and night...man would have had to have invented a tool to measure time so that we could use time as we needed to. That should make sense to you. I haven't ever read in the bible where "god" created the clock.
A clock is not time.

Location hidden

#171690 Jul 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASNORTDHAH AFARTS
12 feet tall BAAAAHAHAHA!or you like 6 yrs old
lol...good gawd...are you laughing at the christians that believe Noah was 12 feet tall? If that is the case then I can gladly say that this was the same reaction I had to that....well minus the farting lol, and I'm 32 years old.

Location hidden

#171691 Jul 10, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
A clock is not time.
lol...yes I am aware of that...your question was who invented time, and that answer that I gave you was that time is a man invented tool to measure day from night, and months from years.

Westcliffe, CO

#171692 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
"The truth is you can't even get the truth about something that happens now, much less years ago."
At the risk of you getting angry with me, I can say that I agree with you to some point...however I think that science, and archeology can give us many answers from the past, and in the now it's much easier to find truth as the time is in the present. I totally agree that a person has to choose their own truth...I am just not one of the people that have chosen the biblical creation (god) as mine. I find it impossible to believe that the bible is authentic in its current state, or at all. Again that is just my opinion. I still find it hard to believe that anyone would, and I still think that religions should stay a personal practice and not one that is publicly forced onto non-followers. I feel like even the Topix atheists have chosen to agree with science over faith. I personally see nothing wrong with that simply because I trust science because science has given me answers that can be explained rationally. Any huge questions like, where the universe came from, and where we will go when we die will never be answered by proof. I feel like those are impossible questions to answer unless you were there, or until you get there.
I agree about the Bible and other religious works, including Socrates. Like I said, everyone is trying to sell you something. That goes for this nebulous "science" you trust. It is a house of cards built on some assumptions and driven mostly by money. It is an industry. It has become a religion.

In of all of them are bits of truth written between the lines.

Atheists and fundamentalists both seek the answers from man. That is inherently impossible and likely to empty your pockets.

Location hidden

#171693 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the Bible and other religious works, including Socrates. Like I said, everyone is trying to sell you something. That goes for this nebulous "science" you trust. It is a house of cards built on some assumptions and driven mostly by money. It is an industry. It has become a religion.
In of all of them are bits of truth written between the lines.
Atheists and fundamentalists both seek the answers from man. That is inherently impossible and likely to empty your pockets.
Agreed. I don't worship science though. I am curious what your straight opinion of science is though. Do you feel like the things that science has helped us understand is all for nothing? I'm not just talking about space, and the universe...I'm talking about medicine, and technology as well.

Westcliffe, CO

#171694 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I don't worship science though. I am curious what your straight opinion of science is though. Do you feel like the things that science has helped us understand is all for nothing? I'm not just talking about space, and the universe...I'm talking about medicine, and technology as well.
It is all good as it improves quality of life when applied properly. However, like technology and science throughout history, they can do these things without fully knowing how they did it. False models that kind of work. It just appears they know what they are doing.

But you have people, the quest for power, status, and money involved. That is not so bad if they are really doing something, but you have the hucksters selling theories that kind of drowns out the real thing.

Nuts and bolts versus bullshit. Topix atheists subscribe to the bullshit.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#171695 Jul 10, 2013
Hmmm the typical Dave move of... I can't find anything wrong in your post but will instead throw out a blanket insult.

Such a miserable failure.

You are welcome for the free education.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You do blather on. With limited knowledge and understanding powering it.

Just reciting what you heard, because you know nothing. You can't even read and comprehend.

Henderson, KY

#171696 Jul 10, 2013
What non biblical writings about Jesus would that be Dave? Ones written decades if not centuries later?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Those scholars just study other scholars.

Socrates had some seriously highly placed enemies in Athens. That is why he died. You best believe there would have been some official propaganda and gloating over his death. Much publicizing of what happens to those that oppose.

Show me some.

Why would one man like him be so worshiped for his ideas unless he was elevated above other men by scholars?

There are a lot more writings about Jesus, and he has had much more impact on human history.

Henderson, KY

#171697 Jul 10, 2013
So churches in town, many in foreclosure is proof that Jesus existed?

Wow you are an ignorant [email protected]@cker.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't got nothing but a bunch of rabid atheists still arguing he doesn't exist 2000 years later, and a bunch of churches in every town.

Your perspective is a bit warped.

Henderson, KY

#171698 Jul 10, 2013
Very well said. There is not a single secular eye witness account of Jesus. Not one.
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>I am not educated on the subject of Socrates enough to discuss in depth about him...however I don't agree that there were more writings about Jesus....at least not in secular history. There have been similar arguments that have floated around about Jesus and Paul. I just don't look into depth about those things because I don't feel like it is neither here nor there as far as my beliefs go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Say no to stupid 87,865
The Future of Politics in America 29 min It aint necessari... 173
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 43 min Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 1 hr Enough is enough 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 665,112
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 1 hr Caesar 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web