Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
164,481 - 164,500 of 224,158 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Fear? That would imply a sense of danger, something likely to cause pain or something or someone is a threat. None of that was a motivating factor in my striving for success. Ego was the motivation. The fact that I can do something better than the next person, be a better player, make myself more valuable that the next, compose or arrange something more interesting or more complex than the next, this is what drives the people in my profession. We are constantly trying to "oneup" the guy next to you, either with our playing or our writing. We hold "cutting" sessions, the idea is to climb on stage with another player, in my case another trumpet player. Whoever plays first, sets the parameters, "here's how fast I can play, how high, how intricate I can weave through a chord progression. Then it's my turn the better you, or "Cut" you. That's the mindset for all musicians whether they do it with their playing or their writing.
BTW, I am certainly not concerned about your imaginary audience, and NEVER get stage fright. You may conjure up any being you like, but remember they ONLY exist in your extremely vivid imagination.
Trumpet player?
I'll bet you like Arturo Sandoval!
Mick Gillett of Tower of power
The incomparable miles and dizzy
Maynard Ferguson

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that those omnipotent God can in fact restore life. We certainly DO know that he is unable to restore limbs as there has NEVER been an instance where he has done such.
Well, this is where we disagree.(Yes I finally registered so this is my username now) I believe there is evidence that God has restored life. Now whether you believe that evidence amounts to conclusive proof is another matter entirely. That evidence is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

If the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John are true eyewitness reports (as I believe they are) then yes God has restored limbs when Jesus cured lepers. Leprosy is a very nasty disease that causes people to lose limbs. And if there is going to be a world-wide resurrection of the dead at Christ's second coming, then we can expect that we will be given new bodies that are superior to what we possess now.
blacklagoon wrote:
People make up all sorts of beliefs, but one should be extremely skeptical when things are made up with absolutely no supportive evidence.
Yes people should be skeptical. But not all things are made up. In truth, Christians are called to be open minded (even if fundamentalists don't believe it). Open minded does not mean being gullible. It means considering both natural and supernatural processes. We should consider natural processes up to the point where natural processes cannot sufficiently account for a majority of the data. At that point we are to begin looking to see if there is a supernatural explanation, but without forcing it to fit our beliefs.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
On what page do I look?
Don't worry about it! I don't think it will help ya

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, go get you dick out in public too then we can all have a laugh
you think of my package often do ya??? Hmmm

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The clowns lies to himself. Itís the only way he can get any compassion.
I got me a wild imagination... You're in a couple.. I can still hear you singing NOW THATS THE WAY UN-HUH UN-HUH I LIKE IT UN-HUH OH CLOWN-OH CLOWN UN-HUH THIN FAINTS
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Don't forget your finest tweezers.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, go get you dick out in public too then we can all have a laugh

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You enjoy the Internet, though.
Beats sending scrolls by camel caravan like in the Bible.
G STFU BOY !!!!!!! ya hear me?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the clown that believes jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossil "aren't really there"
That's your actual beliefs!!! Mental illness...
same posts over & over! you have vertigo

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstand me. I am saying that people who call themselves Christians and still commit such acts are either pretenders, or are terribly confused about what they're supposed to be doing and not doing as Christians.
I do not consider the IRA (or any other terrorist organization such as the kkk) to speak for, or define the actions and beliefs of Christianity. Any person or group who develops an understanding that violence towards others as a means of achieving a goal is okay, is terribly deluded, and even more deluded if they believe Christ would endorse it. They may try to justify it with biblical chapter and verse as you point out, and they may actually believe it, but in truth, they are engaging in "proof-texting" which means they're twisting and interpreting it to fit their goals or concepts rather than understanding it within it's historical, theological, and literary context as the author presented it.
Ö.
Oh I understand you perfectly, you are doing exactly the same as so many other christians have done for hundreds of years, you are trying to disassociate yourself from aspects of christianity by denying that the faith of others is as valid as your own faith. And of course you are trying to discredit me with guesses and lies about my personality, how very christian of you, but I donít suppose you will ever see the hypocrisy of your claims.

What you consider is besides the point. It is not up to you to decide the faith of others just because you donít like the way they interpret your version of faith. This same attitude is responsible for millions of deaths throughout the ages, it is also responsible for the schisms in christianity that has produced over 40,000 different sects, each believing they alone are right.

And it is nothing to do with christ but the belief in what you perceive your christ to be. In fact he was a convicted terrorist himself.

But of course you ignoring and pretending that the parts of the babble that you donít like are not relevant is quite pathetic cherry picking on your part. You donít like parts of the babble then create yourself a new religion and omit the parts you do not like and stop clinging to the backs of others like a parasite. Do not go around denying those who adhere to the bible their right to faith.

I feel no need to lash out at anything, all I am doing is putting forward TRUTH, you donít like than then thatís fine, feel free to deny truth, after all you have been doing all your life so itís nothing new to you.

Again, it is NOT up to you to decide who is christian or not.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you think of my package often do ya??? Hmmm
It was you who brought it up, I was only highlighting the stupidity of your obnoxious behaviour

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I got me a wild imagination... You're in a couple.. I can still hear you singing NOW THATS THE WAY UN-HUH UN-HUH I LIKE IT UN-HUH OH CLOWN-OH CLOWN UN-HUH THIN FAINTS
Yes we know you have a wild imagination, pity you donít have the intelligence to back it up

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
You're obsessed by gay sex, you necrophiliac sisterfucker
<quoted text>
Once again a lying post from the nutty, confused and constipated... real sad that your dad did those things to you back then!!! and still does...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít need tweezers to laugh at the DK clown

And to think, hescrews his sister with that, no wonder she laughs at him

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet chritine has a larger one than you mini dick with BB's balls
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Trumpet player?
I'll bet you like Arturo Sandoval!
Mick Gillett of Tower of power
The incomparable miles and dizzy
Maynard Ferguson
Love them all, great trumpet players. The list is long, but you picked some of the very best.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít need tweezers to laugh at the DK clown
And to think, hescrews his sister with that, no wonder she laughs at him
Je peux me tromper, mais je pense que vous Ítes conversation avec le clown est une perte de temps.

Clownish... est digne de risťe seulement.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

So you admit NDEs or your wacky dream / hallucination are not proof of anything supernatural and are merely chemical reactions in the brain?

Very good, glad I could help educate you.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>So is your thinking.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

You sure are infatuated with other men's penises and balls. Like really really infatuated. You were the one who confessed to closely examining the junk of atheists vs believers for size remember? Sorry, you don't get to change the story now.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I did confess The MENSROOM WANTS ME! AND I WANTS THE MENSROOM! I also know I'm flaming gay... Im not interested in you .. See thinking he loves to throw a mean sixty nine with a Straight man like you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I bet chritine has a larger one than you mini dick with BB's balls
Projection is still projection

And guesswork is still guesswork

Both good christian values, well done for showing you faith so devoutly

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

You said Dave was gay remember? Because he uses the term thingies and you said whoever uses that is gay.

Dave has admitted before to enjoy chubby men in bed, perhaps you can keep him company while fatass Buck is at the buffet?
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>he's thinking about thinking the gay poster from the UK

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

807 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Rider on the Storm 172,359
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 min ChromiuMan 5,238
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Uzi 115,056
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 93,704
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 9 min Uzi 36,514
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min waaasssuuup 599,076
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Aura Mytha 720,444
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Liam 532,693
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••