Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#171237 Jul 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>thats it copy my most excellent posts!!! keep up the good work grasshopper
Didn't copy and paste i wrote that text

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#171238 Jul 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much understand that different people have different interpretations of their religion. This very fact is one of the many that puts religion into question. If it were *truth* rather than *opinion*, then there would be much more agreement between the different sects.
But the question being addressed is the definition of the word 'Christian'. For a modern reader, that consists of believing in the divinity of Jesus, in the resurrection, and in the forgiveness of sins. And those beliefs allows for corrupt individuals to be Christians. And that was the basic point. If you wish to use a *different* definition of the word 'Christian', the please give it. But be aware that the standard definition is the one I gave.
Review your response and note the emphasis on standardization.

Corrupt is a relative and moralistic term, From a strictly physical evolutionary viewpoint anything and everything that enhances ones survival is moral. This extends from the individual to the group the individual live sin. That is why in some tribal or insular groups it is not moral to cheat or steal from the group, but it is OK to do so to outsiders. This is not a religious thing, it is evolutionary in nature. Religion is incorporated into such as a reinforcement, but it is not the causation. It can be the definer of just who the group is, and the code of conduct within. Christianity is the only truly universal one existing now with the greatest flexibility of definitions. This means you have more drawn in under the umbrella of a social code of conduct. Including your secular humanism.

Atheism has no limits put on personal aggrandizement. Atheism can be just as intolerant as any religion, and has no "religious" scruples to provide a consistent code of conduct. That code of conduct is determined strictly by those currently at the top of the heap.

Which has the greatest potential for "corruption"?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#171239 Jul 8, 2013
Talking to yourself I see.
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Osama, wasn't going to critique Mikko's pic ... but, since you brought it up, Clown... that boy is UGGGGGGGGGGLY!!! That boy looks like ole UGA, the Georgia mascot! Hey, Mikko ... better go back to your big bang scientists for a refund. Boy, did you get shortchanged! Just kidding, Mikko ... well, maybe not!
>:)

Louisville, KY

#171240 Jul 8, 2013
Hey he admitted to doing that which makes it funnier :)
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>hehehe

Louisville, KY

#171241 Jul 8, 2013
Also Trannie town's sock.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I think you may be identified as this:

Noun: zealot
1. A fervent and even militant proponent of something

Noun: Zealot
1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect in Judea in the first century who fought to the death against the Romans and who killed or persecuted Jews who collaborated with the Romans

WordWeb Pro 6.6

Louisville, KY

#171242 Jul 8, 2013
You should at least change up your wording and style a little bit trannie town clown for your sock accounts okay?

Better luck next time.

: flush:
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Where did you come up with this BS ... CrackedLibertyBell? LOL!!! Although, yours truly, that would be moi, is a solid believer in The Old Testament ... The Great Osama is living the one and only blessed lifetime God has granted him. "Yes, Lord ... Osama is very pleased that You gifted him with universal knowledge, wisdom, and truth, and that Your greatest gift, was that of not having to wander aimlessly in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss looking for the Answers of Life." So it was said, so it was done!

Louisville, KY

#171243 Jul 8, 2013
I only like chicks so no worries about competition. Hey you are the one bragging about examining men's junk in the men's room.

That's your hobby and let's be honest you do speak lots about other men's Johnsons yes?

Yes.

Wipe your chin.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you post about thr mens room a bunch! I bet you would gargle a mean set of balls...

Louisville, KY

#171244 Jul 8, 2013
His favorite is examining men's penis size in the men's room upon his own admission.
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>Soo that's what you do when you're not here at topix

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#171245 Jul 8, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I'm trying to make, is that just because somebody says they're a Christian doesn't mean they really are. They may think they are, but their actions betray their words.
If a police officer makes a traffic stop and spots drugs in the car, he can arrest the driver based upon that observation. But suppose he doesn't arrest the suspect, but merely confiscates the illegal drugs and allows the driver to leave the scene. Now let's further suppose that this police officer then sells the drugs for his own profit when he's off duty. As presented, is our police officer worthy of being considered a police officer? He might wear the badge and uniform, and drive the car and respond to calls; but does this officer truly represent the essence of the motto "To protect and serve"? No he does not. His hypocrisy betrays his outward appearance, and stains the police profession as an institution of law enforcement.
Likewise, a Christian who does not obey the tenets of Christian teachings (Love your enemies, give to the poor, care for the sick, etc, etc.) is not a Christian in the true sense. Such a person is a "pretender" which is the original definition of a hypocrite. These people must be seen for what they really are, and not what they claim to be. By observing behavior you're aware of the difference between a genuine Christian and a religious hypocrite. If you continue to misidentify all Christians based upon the actions of the hypocrites there is a question to be answered:
Mow that you're aware of the difference, will you continue to misidentify, and if so, why would you do so?
Yes we have all heard this point before and it is meaningless because the facts tell us otherwise.

The proof is in the number of christians who hide their violence behind their god, as to whether they are true christians or not is mute, they accept what they are doing in the name of christianity and expect to be forgiven by their god for their actions.

I do not misidentify christians, I differentiate between the few good christians and the rest. Note that my best friend is a ‘good’ christian with a masters degree in theology (aiming for a PhD) and is about as highly placed in her church as a woman with her qualifications can get.

So using nothing but good christian guesswork to make false accusations about my attitude to christianity links you inexorably to those christians mentioned above.

Louisville, KY

#171246 Jul 8, 2013
Look at the percentage of Christians in brazil.

You're welcome
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>This article says nothing about the religious or spiritual beliefs of the fans who committed this atrocity. How did you come to the conclusion that any religious group did this?

Louisville, KY

#171247 Jul 8, 2013
Apology accepted
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>This is true. I concede that Brazil, as a Latin country has a very high population of people who self identify as Catholic (or other denomination) but it is the actions that betray their words. And I would say that those who did commit the crime were not practicing Catholics or Christians. If they were, then they're seriously misunderstanding the tenets of peace as taught by Christ.

Louisville, KY

#171248 Jul 8, 2013
Kill your own child?
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what does the bible say for you to do?

#171249 Jul 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>not when its this fine of a butt... SMOKIN
Sorry, does not work like that, you show your sh|t stained and hairy butt in public then you face the consequences

P.S. I’d give up on the wacky backy too, at least until the heat is off about showing your butt

#171250 Jul 8, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really looking, though? If you are, don't stop.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#171251 Jul 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we have all heard this point before and it is meaningless because the facts tell us otherwise.
The proof is in the number of christians who hide their violence behind their god, as to whether they are true christians or not is mute, they accept what they are doing in the name of christianity and expect to be forgiven by their god for their actions.
I do not misidentify christians, I differentiate between the few good christians and the rest. Note that my best friend is a ‘good’ christian with a masters degree in theology (aiming for a PhD) and is about as highly placed in her church as a woman with her qualifications can get.
So using nothing but good christian guesswork to make false accusations about my attitude to christianity links you inexorably to those christians mentioned above.
So if you can identify good actions from bad actions, then it is possible to identify true Christians from those who falsely claim to be Christian. The fact that you are making a conscious choice as to what constitutes a true Christian or false Christian shows that you're being deliberately dishonest to excuse your stereotyping. Since I am in fact calling your attention to that, it's understandable that you resent it and wish to place me in that category. Having said that, do you feel it's fair that I call your attention to your biased thinking?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#171252 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Review your response and note the emphasis on standardization.
Corrupt is a relative and moralistic term, From a strictly physical evolutionary viewpoint anything and everything that enhances ones survival is moral. This extends from the individual to the group the individual live sin. That is why in some tribal or insular groups it is not moral to cheat or steal from the group, but it is OK to do so to outsiders. This is not a religious thing, it is evolutionary in nature. Religion is incorporated into such as a reinforcement, but it is not the causation. It can be the definer of just who the group is, and the code of conduct within. Christianity is the only truly universal one existing now with the greatest flexibility of definitions. This means you have more drawn in under the umbrella of a social code of conduct. Including your secular humanism.
Atheism has no limits put on personal aggrandizement. Atheism can be just as intolerant as any religion, and has no "religious" scruples to provide a consistent code of conduct. That code of conduct is determined strictly by those currently at the top of the heap.
Which has the greatest potential for "corruption"?
Bullshit, you are using religion to try and hijack morality.
It never was moral to do anything and everything that enhances survival. That is a trait of predation, not one of morality.
A group defines the constraints of morality, despite any religion.
They all come up with similar constraints, which shows morality is a product of society and a building block of civilization.

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

#171253 Jul 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha...blessed with more intelligence the law allows...now I will give you that your wit is rather amusing, but to say that you have that much intelligence when you believe in God and talk the way you do.....not so much lol
> Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... but, intelligence is in the head of Osama! A magnificent gift from God! If only Osama could bottle some of his universal intelligence and gift it to the lost and lonely ... yes, those poor, pathetic souls who are wandering aimlessly around in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss. A mere fragment of Osama's intelligence would be better for those poor fools, than the best GPS on the market, better even than having Einstein's brain. Instant triple figure IQ jump, significant spike in knowledge, thought process, wisdom, and truth. Their drift factor of 10 on a scale of 10 would crumble, and, they would instantaneously be able to find their way out of a wet paper bag. Magnificence, and splendor ... sort of an instant orgasm of Knowledge, Wisdom & Truth if you will, exploding in the empty minds of those brain dead souls. Shear intellectual ecstasy!!! Okay, everyone, form a single line, and, please be nice and not cut in front of the line ... you'll all get a chance to fill your empty brains with some of Osama's universal intellect. So, open up those droopy elephant ears and pay attention when Osama speaks ... ya hear!?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171254 Jul 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't copy and paste i wrote that text
I never said you pasted it deaf & dumb !! I said copied... you don't have to like me just be like me...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171255 Jul 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, does not work like that, you show your sh|t stained and hairy butt in public then you face the consequences
P.S. I’d give up on the wacky backy too, at least until the heat is off about showing your butt
if you want to see the front let men know! ya hear?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171256 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, you are using religion to try and hijack morality.
It never was moral to do anything and everything that enhances survival. That is a trait of predation, not one of morality.
A group defines the constraints of morality, despite any religion.
They all come up with similar constraints, which shows morality is a product of society and a building block of civilization.
Try to keep it clean !!!!!!!! Dave, Osama Bin Saban, T-Town Clown also known as Bro. Clownie don't need that kind of talk ya hear?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min pusherman_ 559,652
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 1 hr ChristineM 48,263
Hey guys..we are hiring boy for threesome sex.. 1 hr myveryownjulia 2
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? 1 hr myveryownjulia 2
getting wife to have a mmf threesome (Nov '13) 1 hr myveryownjulia 4
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 1 hr myveryownjulia 155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,696
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr ctsseo 605,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 265,195
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web