Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255500 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

#171259 Jul 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>if you want to see the front let men know! ya hear?
She wants you, Clown!!!
<:D

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#171260 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, you are using religion to try and hijack morality.
It never was moral to do anything and everything that enhances survival. That is a trait of predation, not one of morality.
A group defines the constraints of morality, despite any religion.
They all come up with similar constraints, which shows morality is a product of society and a building block of civilization.
Bullshit yourself.

Still have your teeth? Notice the canines? You are a born predator.

Notice the hands and how they can pick fruits and berries? How they can till land and grow crops or farm animals to be eaten with those canines?

Man will eat his own kind to survive. Not only eat, but kill to eat.

You were built for predation and exploitation of any and all available resources. Any thought beyond doing such is based upon a religious belief. As it is, you are aware of animism, which is a religious belief and is as old as man is.

Jurassic, Indiana

#171261 Jul 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no converting to Atheism anyway...I'm sure there are some muslim forums, or catholic forums, or any number of different forums that you could visit if you would like to change your religion. As far as Atheism is concerned you either see the facts that are available or you don't.
What facts?
<:/

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#171262 Jul 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Try to keep it clean !!!!!!!! Dave, Osama Bin Saban, T-Town Clown also known as Bro. Clownie don't need that kind of talk ya hear?
Shup you nasty and vile Klown, go back to your tent.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#171263 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit yourself.
Notice the hands and how they can pick fruits and berries? How they can till land and grow crops or farm animals to be eaten with those canines?
You were built for predation and exploitation of any and all available resources. Any thought beyond doing such is based upon a religious belief. As it is, you are aware of animism, which is a religious belief and is as old as man is.
The grocery store sorta put and end to having to kill.
Am I religious when I go in one? Should I pray at the meat counter?
Loopy Dave..........

Jurassic, Indiana

#171264 Jul 8, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, but I will tell you, my friend, there are Topix rats in here. They negated my original profile. Just to let you know that this is NOT freedom to post what we think. The Topix rats abound.
> Aww, poor widdle Redoran ... does it hurt and have a temperature?
<:/

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171265 Jul 8, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>She wants you, Clown!!!
<:D
she always has! she likes big hung American men !! She wants me Osama she wants me

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171266 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Shup you nasty and vile Klown, go back to your tent.
where do you think Im @????
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#171267 Jul 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much understand that different people have different interpretations of their religion. This very fact is one of the many that puts religion into question. If it were *truth* rather than *opinion*, then there would be much more agreement between the different sects.
But the question being addressed is the definition of the word 'Christian'. For a modern reader, that consists of believing in the divinity of Jesus, in the resurrection, and in the forgiveness of sins. And those beliefs allows for corrupt individuals to be Christians. And that was the basic point. If you wish to use a *different* definition of the word 'Christian', the please give it. But be aware that the standard definition is the one I gave.
There are so many different sects of Christianity because the NT can mean whatever you believe it says. There are verses that say you're judged by works, and just as many that you're saved by grace. Christians will never be able to agree. Unlike Judaism, the scripture says, "They shall see eye to eye when the Lord brings again Zion" God will modify the law and it will be strictly observed by the inhabitants of Israel. As far as the rest of the world, they will "all walk in the name of their gods".

Westcliffe, CO

#171268 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The grocery store sorta put and end to having to kill.
Am I religious when I go in one? Should I pray at the meat counter?
Loopy Dave..........
Auralie, yes you should.

Do you know what a slaughterhouse is?

Virtual particles and poofing didn't get that meat into the counter. The grocery store just removed the slaughterhouse from your view. It exists.

http://localslaughterhouse.com/GardenCityKans...

You ought to see the HUGE one Cargill has east of town.

Say moo when when you buy your steaks in appreciation for what the creative force and other human beings had to do to make you feel so moral.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#171269 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Auralie, yes you should.
Do you know what a slaughterhouse is?
Virtual particles and poofing didn't get that meat into the counter. The grocery store just removed the slaughterhouse from your view. It exists.
http://localslaughterhouse.com/GardenCityKans...
You ought to see the HUGE one Cargill has east of town.
Say moo when when you buy your steaks in appreciation for what the creative force and other human beings had to do to make you feel so moral.
You mean civilized, morality is another issue Dave. Unless you question if it is moral to eat animals. The answer to the question was civilization tells us it is not moral to kill or eat other people or certain animals. I don't need religion to tell me that.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#171270 Jul 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you pasted it deaf & dumb !! I said copied... you don't have to like me just be like me...
i'm not like a loser like you are bozo

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171271 Jul 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not like a loser like you are bozo
WOW what a silly post! I got your bozo hanging... Mikko the Dikko

Westcliffe, CO

#171272 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean civilized, morality is another issue Dave. Unless you question if it is moral to eat animals. The answer to the question was civilization tells us it is not moral to kill or eat other people or certain animals. I don't need religion to tell me that.
You weren't going to get civilized if you didn't trust the other tribe not eating you or your babies. You kinda need a common "morality" to gather about.

I'm sure they didn't discuss abiogenesis or black hole event horizons before meeting and deciding to band together for the common good..

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#171273 Jul 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>WOW what a silly post! I got your bozo hanging... Mikko the Dikko
You are the one shitposting your dung! bozo the loser

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#171274 Jul 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There are so many different sects of Christianity because the NT can mean whatever you believe it says. There are verses that say you're judged by works, and just as many that you're saved by grace. Christians will never be able to agree. Unlike Judaism, the scripture says, "They shall see eye to eye when the Lord brings again Zion" God will modify the law and it will be strictly observed by the inhabitants of Israel. As far as the rest of the world, they will "all walk in the name of their gods".
If it means 'whatever you believe it says', then it isn't truth. It is opinion.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#171275 Jul 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it means 'whatever you believe it says', then it isn't truth. It is opinion.
The entire doctrine of Christianity is inspired by Satan. God didn't appear to Jesus, Satan did. Satan commissioned Jesus and offered him the world if he would serve him. Jesus came out preaching the kingdom which has yet to materialize. The NT says, "Satan is the god of this world" and through his counterfeit messiah Jesus, he is worshipped as God. People who are deceived don't know it and Satan has a firm grip on this world.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#171276 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit yourself.
Proven Creationist coward with no proof of god who denies the fact of evolution.

A weasel who can't be honest about his cult's dishonesty.

Location hidden

#171277 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossils "aren\t real".

Thats how f*cked up his actual beliefs are.

Enough said...

Location hidden

#171278 Jul 8, 2013
Creationists, like all theists with no proof of god, will only get respect after they prove the horsesh*t they are claiming is absolute truth.
They won't get any respect until they've prove nthe god that they are lying about.

The rules are simple, but Creationists want to lie because that is their morals - they have none!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min VIKING 48,222
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min MUQ2 44,642
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 22 min vishnu 2,038
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min MUQ2 281,229
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 39 min Al Capone 2,017
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 1 hr Rosa 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 105,563
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 618,559
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr VIKING 971,601
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 646,377
More from around the web