Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
164,141 - 164,160 of 226,112 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
More or less the same thing.
With the Egyptians you needed sufficient resources to pay to be mummified. Without this there was no afterlife.
The Egyptian book of the dead is really a good read. A look into the human mind and how it ponders death.
Each has a similar background in the origin or background of their respective saviors/gods.
Too many similarities for my taste.
If I were to select a religion it would be Jainism.
I like their ideas even though I find them mythical.
There is no hatred. No war. Inner peace only sustained by living properly.
You are missing something in those messages. Jesus was the savior of everyone, rich and poor. A personal link to the Creator. His was the only message that allowed for you to follow your individual conscience instead of the herd and earthly masters. Don't go by the corruption of that message later by men seeking power.

I said earlier you got roped by a cult. You are getting egged on by others to tear down something for them, to fight their battles for them.

Secular humanism is a mythology. A Utopian ideal. The reality is the morality and what you are to think and how you will live will be determined by the men at the top, not from the bottom. I will guarantee you they will not live by the same rules they establish for you. Think long and hard about how societies work before you start dismantling it. A religion may be a myth, but you look at the rules and see if it is the best for the masses. Rule books change very quickly when men are gods.

Forget Utopia, get practical.

There is a reality you will be facing in your generation. Too damned many people for a democracy. The world population has more than doubled in my life span. It will do the same or more within yours. Your value goes down with each new addition.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing something in those messages. Jesus was the savior of everyone, rich and poor. A personal link to the Creator. His was the only message that allowed for you to follow your individual conscience instead of the herd and earthly masters. Don't go by the corruption of that message later by men seeking power.
I said earlier you got roped by a cult. You are getting egged on by others to tear down something for them, to fight their battles for them.
Secular humanism is a mythology. A Utopian ideal. The reality is the morality and what you are to think and how you will live will be determined by the men at the top, not from the bottom. I will guarantee you they will not live by the same rules they establish for you. Think long and hard about how societies work before you start dismantling it. A religion may be a myth, but you look at the rules and see if it is the best for the masses. Rule books change very quickly when men are gods.
There is a reality you will be facing in your generation. Too damned many people for a democracy. The world population has more than doubled in my life span. It will do the same or more within yours. Your value goes down with each new addition.
Creationist liars like yourself, with no proof of god, need say nothing until you're proven the cr*p you're lying to us about.

If your god is real, prove it.

If you're honest, be honest.

If your cult has morals, why does it have to lie?

Your cult is judgemental and calls all atheists fools (having no evidence)

Answer all these questions before attacking atheists, there's a good creationist troll waste of space...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”8-9-10 JESUS WINS~~~~!
When Creationists realise that they are liars with no proof of god, they stat having to lie a lot.

Atheists are more moral and honest people in that respect.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a reality you will be facing in your generation. Too damned many people for a democracy. The world population has more than doubled in my life span. It will do the same or more within yours. Your value goes diown with each new addition.
Your central belief is based on "faith".
Bear in mind I find nothing wrong with this.
Do I buy into it myself? Not in the least. ;)
There isn't anything in the desert god myths that I find compelling - It may as well be Zeus and Jupiter.

Organized religion meh...

“So any adroit, unscrupulous fellow, who knows the world, has only to get among these simple souls and his fortune is quickly made; he plays with them.”
– Lucian of Samosata, "The Passing of Peregrinus." (2nd century AD).

Another thing to take a look at...

Hindus believe that Krishna was the eighth "avatar" or incarnation of the god Vishnu - one of the Hindu deities in the Hindu trinity.

Hindu scriptures state that Krishna "appeared in all the fullness of his power and glory." Krishna was born sometime between 900 and 1200 B.C. and his religious teachings can be found in the Bhagavad-Gita, one of the sacred texts in Hinduism.

The karmic similarities between Jesus and the Hindu messiah named Krishna (1200 B.C.) are many.

There over one hundred similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors which could easily fill a volume. Some of these similarities are apocryphal which means their source comes from the extra-canonical scriptures of Hinduism.

I call this - copy paste!

Interesting links about this subject

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen0...

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...

Here is your competition!
Ladies and gentlemen get ready to rumble...
In corner right Mithras, And corner left Jesus
Dang Dang round one begins...

dionysus vs jesus
mithra vs jesus
horus vs jesus
buddha vs jesus
attis vs jesus
krishna god
krishna bible
krishna 12 disciples

We can play with the Mormons later.
They are funny especially: Kolub!
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Immortality is man's favorite dream.
Alas, that's all it is... a dream.

I am willing to amend that - provided a Homo sapiens returns from the dead!

Oddly nothing seems to live forever on this planet,
not dinosaurs, not Cro-Magnon, not Neanderthal and eventually not even Homo sapiens.

I don't fear death. Evolution marches on.

And I'm a lot closer to that "Endgame " than you!
Insurance actuaries would give me perhaps eight years more... if I'm average. Anything beyond that is "borrowed time"! A bonus! ;)

Sorry, I'm barely awake now and I forgot your evening prayer. ;)

Now our Dave lies down to sleep
And prays the church his money to keep
if He should die before He's awake
We know the money his Church shall take.

Yours in Christ
Allah willing
Hare Krishna
shalom ;)
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Save a sinner category - Topix theists Only!

BRITANNY MADISON's Earlier post indicates she needs Topix theists special kind of godly help.

R U praying for her?
;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Immortality is man's favorite dream.
Alas, that's all it is... a dream.
I am willing to amend that - provided a Homo sapiens returns from the dead!
Oddly nothing seems to live forever on this planet,
not dinosaurs, not Cro-Magnon, not Neanderthal and eventually not even Homo sapiens.
I don't fear death. Evolution marches on.
And I'm a lot closer to that "Endgame " than you!
Insurance actuaries would give me perhaps eight years more... if I'm average. Anything beyond that is "borrowed time"! A bonus! ;)
Sorry, I'm barely awake now and I forgot your evening prayer. ;)
Now our Dave lies down to sleep
And prays the church his money to keep
if He should die before He's awake
We know the money his Church shall take.
Yours in Christ
Allah willing
Hare Krishna
shalom ;)
So you are going to spend those 8 years ranting and railing against the world for not giving you absolute proof you will turn into a butterfly after this stint?

You have some issues reason can not reach.

Eight years can be a long time. They only look short when you look back at them.

Evolution marches on. That means those that come later have to wade through the shit you left behind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are going to spend those 8 years ranting and railing against the world for not giving you absolute proof you will turn into a butterfly after this stint?
Eight years can be a long time. They only look short when you look back at them.
Evolution marches on. That means those that come later have to wade through the shit you left behind.
At this point, you need to do nothing else other than prove the go you're lying to us about.

Let us remember that you suffer form the mental illness that means that you deny fossils - objects that are very real and sh*t on your cult's claims.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, you need to do nothing else other than prove the go you're lying to us about.
Let us remember that you suffer form the mental illness that means that you deny fossils - objects that are very real and sh*t on your cult's claims.
You are too far removed from reality to have a rational discussion.

But I will tell you a little truth here, one you can put in the bank.

I don't have to prove a god exists. The reality is you have to prove that man can create the Nirvana you imagine he can create without one. So far your batting average is .000.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too far removed from reality to have a rational discussion.
But I will tell you a little truth here, one you can put in the bank.
I don't have to prove a god exists. The reality is you have to prove that man can create the Nirvana you imagine he can create without one. So far your batting average is .000.
You are a god believer and reality and rationality is seen as something bad by your religion
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ranting - stating Inconvenient facts.
None of which have been disproven.

These facts can be examined almost anywhere if one chooses to investigate.

I attend this forum purely for amusement and you are one amusing poster. I like T town clownie as well, For the same reason. ;)

It's hilarious watching you guys dance in circles.
A smile is better on your face muscles than a frown, thus my enjoyment of this! ;)

Fear not I only venture here occasionally perhaps once a week. This being a holiday weekend I find myself somewhat bored.

I appreciate your continued support in my laughter!

;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a god believer and reality and rationality is seen as something bad by your religion
That was supposed to be a rational statement?

I can't say it was "bad". I would just have to say it was the best you could do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ranting - stating Inconvenient facts.
None of which have been disproven.
These facts can be examined almost anywhere if one chooses to investigate.
I attend this forum purely for amusement and you are one amusing poster. I like T town clownie as well, For the same reason. ;)
It's hilarious watching you guys dance in circles.
A smile is better on your face muscles than a frown, thus my enjoyment of this! ;)
Fear not I only venture here occasionally perhaps once a week. This being a holiday weekend I find myself somewhat bored.
I appreciate your continued support in my laughter!
;)
Sorry, Bubba, you will have to do better than that. You are in front of one tough audience.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Favorite Adversary wrote:
Been there done that!
The Valley of the Kings... Mesmerizing!
Rome, the Pantheon, Pompei fascinating.
Hadrian's digs... wow!

Interesting sidelight when Egyptian tour guides are questioned about Moses...
Their answer seldom pleases the faithful! ;)
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
R U praying 4 Brittany yet?
Where is thy Christian love?
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Bubba, you will have to do better than that. You are in front of one tough audience.
Wrong again as usual David

My "Audience " is an Ill-informed, under educated, juvenile, dogma addicted, fact-allergic, reality-challenged group that are still engaged in a courageous battle with literacy and mental health.

Tough they are not!
Hilarious they are!

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was supposed to be a rational statement?
I can't say it was "bad". I would just have to say it was the best you could do.
Reality and rationality is something theists despise

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I read all your excuses. You're still wrong. God does exist and you're going to have to face Him. None of what you said will get you off the hook. Sorry.
Now you are lying!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
R U praying 4 Brittany yet?
Where is thy Christian love?
My Christian love?

See how stupid and myopic you are? I don't have that.

They may think you are worth saving, I don't. I have as much regard for you as I would a mad dog or fleas. I see you as failed product easier to recycle than fix.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I read all your excuses. You're still wrong. God does exist and you're going to have to face Him. None of what you said will get you off the hook. Sorry.
Yawn
Really? that would be your hook, line and sinker.

Consider, your heaven and/or your Hell actually need exist to warrant any critical thought on my part... they do not meet my criteria.

And if memory serves... It was your sky daddy that created evil! Cruel prank for a god!

Unfortunately it's all too very very human.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••