Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
163,941 - 163,960 of 225,513 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bozo
U B a chump

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
(...)
Did I mention the molecular level interactions also? Oh, and the EM forces, of course, all interfering with this gravity dance.
Don't believe everything you hear from cosmologists as being the absolute truth of what really is.
<The Dave Nelson> "Listen to MEEEE...oh!... Pull my finger"

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

You think that because all of your male clients in the men's room are gay. Change locations and get the bigger picture. Wipe your chin first okay gloryh@le?
T-Town Clown wrote:
why are most atheist gay?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Wow I notice you are really promoting your 4th screen name a lot. Why do I have the feeling Artie will be another lame apologetic moron?

Oh well, roll out the new drum for us to beat.
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Give 'em hell, Clown! Oh, never mind they'll get it soon enough! Some pertinent info for you ... Artie the Anointed is currently standing at ground zero in the Great Temple of Knowledge, Truth & Wisdom! Yep, he's soaking in all the knowledge of the universe. The boy is like a gigantic sponge! Soaking in all the mysteries, thoughts, dreams, knowledge, wisdom, truths, and, and, and... even the astonishing universal, unbelievable statistics and innuendoes of a Broadway José Trilogy. He misses nothing that is pertinent to life on Earth ... or, anywhere else in the un-bordered universe. What a guy!!!:)

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Typical uneducated Dave Nelson rant. Good for laughs anyways.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>It's unbecoming of a physicist to worship life, Poly. That is what you are doing.

Copper is a purer conductor, requiring less potential difference to get a charge to transfer.

Lightning is notorious for hitting trees, Poly.

The Seebeck=Peltier Effect applies to most materials. Differences in potential causes charges to move, with accompanying heat and other thingies values being changed.

The basis of your abiogenesis is charges moving and combining.

As I have pointed out before, you are myopic in your "knowledge". You can't see the forest for the trees.

It's a bipolar universe. That is why things can move.

While you are here, maybe you can figure something and give us an answer. Only something a physicist and math head can do.

Using your knowledge and skills, can you figure some balance of forces for us?

This is with NO external forces working on them. Pure values established by physics.

Using the diameter of a proton as the base, can you give us the ratio of the distance between it and the electron cloud surrounding it in a single hydrogen atom? This is also incorporating the force of gravity between the two. Now, let's add another hydrogen atom. We will now have the EM repulsion between the electron clouds, and the additional gravity. Can you figure the distances and geometry of these particles and give them to us as ratios, sort of like how AU's are given. How will the balance of forces shape these items?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

There is no historical evidence that Jesus even existed.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> STOP WHUPPIN MY ASS! I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST IS A FACT!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, Clownie.
Since you are incapable of arguing matters scientific, I must argue with you on your own terms.
Fine by me - I'm still whuppin' your ass.
Amnd at the very lest, you must admit that I know more of the Bible than you do of science.
Oh, and "I BELIEVE!" is not a valid argument. I know people who believe in astrology.
The mac, whuppin Bro. Clownie's ass > Yeah, right! > Drop that crack pipe, mac the knife! You're hallucinating! The rough, tough sissy atheist science guys of topix don't stand a chance vs The T-Town Clown one of God's favorite Honkies "NO way jose!!!!!!! RIP ROMP CHRISTIAN CLOWNIE STOMP!!!!! You'll think a herd of Elephants stomped on that @55 boy ya hear?

CLOWNIE YELLS LIKE TARZAN!!! CAN'T GET ALONE GET IT ON...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> "Listen to MEEEE...oh!... Pull my finger"
Well, scar, you COULD post something intelligent and worth reading instead of just whining about me.

Surely?

Speak up, son. No one is stopping you.

:-)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

AHH - AHH - UGHM - MMMMM - AAAAAAAHH OOOO AHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHhh … Bro. Clownie lets loose with his TARZAN YELL!!!!! Warning atheist chumps/chimps you better run boys before The Clown opens up a can of whup @ss YO

Clownie KING OF THE JUNGLE

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
AHH - AHH - UGHM - MMMMM - AAAAAAAHH OOOO AHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHhh … Bro. Clownie lets loose with his TARZAN YELL!!!!! Warning atheist chumps/chimps you better run boys before The Clown opens up a can of whup @ss YO
You mean you a chimpanzee, they are the clowns of the jungle!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
There is no historical evidence that Jesus even existed.
<quoted text>
Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another village. He worked in a carpenter shop until He was thirty. Then for three years He was an itinerant preacher.

He never owned a home. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family. He never went to college. He never put His foot inside a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place He was born. He never did one of the things that usually accompany greatness. He had no credentials but Himself...

While still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against him. His friends ran away. One of them denied Him. He was turned over to His enemies. He went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed upon a cross between two thieves. While He was dying His executioners gambled for the only piece of property He had on earth – His coat. When He was dead, He was laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.

Nineteen long centuries have come and gone, and today He is a centerpiece of the human race and leader of the column of progress.

I am far within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched, all the navies that were ever built; all the parliaments that ever sat and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as has that one solitary life. And here you are posting about him today! LOL

This essay was adapted from a sermon by Dr James Allan Francis

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You mean you a chimpanzee, they are the clowns of the jungle!
whats your point!
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And why was it necessary for Jesus to sacrifice himself and then resurrect? Does this have something to do with Eve eating from the forbidden fruit? If God is real, then he is omnipotent, he is all knowing all seeing, he knows what will happen in the future. If true, then God KNEW ahead of time that Eve would partake of the forbidden fruit. And knowing this would happen, he punished not only Adam and Eve, but ALL of mankind for thousands of years. He now has to create a loophole for this and sets in motion the sacrifice and resurrection of his son. However, if Christian doctrine is true, then Jesus/God?holy spirit are all part of the same entity, therefore God sacrifices himself to himself. Its total insanity.
Your analogies speak to individuals, religion is a mindset, an attitude, a philosophy. All religious thought is based on myths not reality. You are unable to show me ANY supportive evidence for the existence of either God or Jesus.
You ask a lot of good questions. I appreciate that you do. I'll answer them as best as I can according to my understanding of the topics. For the sake of brevity let's stick to one subject at a time.

I'll ask you to pick one single subject and we'll discuss it. If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you that I don't know. Fair enough?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another village. He worked in a carpenter shop until He was thirty. Then for three years He was an itinerant preacher.
He never owned a home. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family. He never went to college. He never put His foot inside a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place He was born. He never did one of the things that usually accompany greatness. He had no credentials but Himself...
While still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against him. His friends ran away. One of them denied Him. He was turned over to His enemies. He went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed upon a cross between two thieves. While He was dying His executioners gambled for the only piece of property He had on earth – His coat. When He was dead, He was laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.
Nineteen long centuries have come and gone, and today He is a centerpiece of the human race and leader of the column of progress.
I am far within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched, all the navies that were ever built; all the parliaments that ever sat and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as has that one solitary life. And here you are posting about him today! LOL
Topix atheists ain't the brightest bulbs, Clownie.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, scar, you COULD post something intelligent and worth reading instead of just whining about me.
Surely?
Speak up, son. No one is stopping you.
:-)
It's really quite impossible to discuss much with you. You continually refer to "thingies" or "something like that" and other vague and meaningless terms that reduce any value you have to being more slanted towards comedic purposes.

It's an exercise in futility to engage you for much more than that.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
Your wheel is still spinning furiously but the hamster went to hamster-heaven long ago.

I must be having déjà vu & amnesia at the same time... I think I've ridiculed you before.

;)
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
"O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it ..." ["The War Prayer"]~Mark Twain

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really quite impossible to discuss much with you. You continually refer to "thingies" or "something like that" and other vague and meaningless terms that reduce any value you have to being more slanted towards comedic purposes.
It's an exercise in futility to engage you for much more than that.
If you can't understand the context of how I use those thingies in, then explaining it in minute detail isn't going to work, either.

I have a fairly broad base of knowledge where I can tie different thingies together immediately. Perhaps I take for granted others do too.

Or something like that,

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't understand the context of how I use those thingies in, then explaining it in minute detail isn't going to work, either.
I have a fairly broad base of knowledge where I can tie different thingies together immediately. Perhaps I take for granted others do too.
Or something like that,
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
"O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it ..." ["The War Prayer"]~Mark Twain
amen Im for us

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

313 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min MUQ1 259,009
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 12 min Johnny 523
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 27 min shyam 854
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 51 min curiouslu 729,208
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 536,752
Lesbian Hookup in Capetown 1 hr Sarajean 1
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Some Casual Obser... 37,655
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr NFL Fanny 117,682
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr Juvia Loxar 101
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••