Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,660
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#170776 Jul 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
AHH - AHH - UGHM - MMMMM - AAAAAAAHH OOOO AHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHhh … Bro. Clownie lets loose with his TARZAN YELL!!!!! Warning atheist chumps/chimps you better run boys before The Clown opens up a can of whup @ss YO
Clownie KING OF THE JUNGLE
You mean you a chimpanzee, they are the clowns of the jungle!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170777 Jul 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
There is no historical evidence that Jesus even existed.
<quoted text>
Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another village. He worked in a carpenter shop until He was thirty. Then for three years He was an itinerant preacher.

He never owned a home. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family. He never went to college. He never put His foot inside a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place He was born. He never did one of the things that usually accompany greatness. He had no credentials but Himself...

While still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against him. His friends ran away. One of them denied Him. He was turned over to His enemies. He went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed upon a cross between two thieves. While He was dying His executioners gambled for the only piece of property He had on earth – His coat. When He was dead, He was laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.

Nineteen long centuries have come and gone, and today He is a centerpiece of the human race and leader of the column of progress.

I am far within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched, all the navies that were ever built; all the parliaments that ever sat and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as has that one solitary life. And here you are posting about him today! LOL

This essay was adapted from a sermon by Dr James Allan Francis

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170778 Jul 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You mean you a chimpanzee, they are the clowns of the jungle!
whats your point!
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170779 Jul 3, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And why was it necessary for Jesus to sacrifice himself and then resurrect? Does this have something to do with Eve eating from the forbidden fruit? If God is real, then he is omnipotent, he is all knowing all seeing, he knows what will happen in the future. If true, then God KNEW ahead of time that Eve would partake of the forbidden fruit. And knowing this would happen, he punished not only Adam and Eve, but ALL of mankind for thousands of years. He now has to create a loophole for this and sets in motion the sacrifice and resurrection of his son. However, if Christian doctrine is true, then Jesus/God?holy spirit are all part of the same entity, therefore God sacrifices himself to himself. Its total insanity.
Your analogies speak to individuals, religion is a mindset, an attitude, a philosophy. All religious thought is based on myths not reality. You are unable to show me ANY supportive evidence for the existence of either God or Jesus.
You ask a lot of good questions. I appreciate that you do. I'll answer them as best as I can according to my understanding of the topics. For the sake of brevity let's stick to one subject at a time.

I'll ask you to pick one single subject and we'll discuss it. If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you that I don't know. Fair enough?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#170780 Jul 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another village. He worked in a carpenter shop until He was thirty. Then for three years He was an itinerant preacher.
He never owned a home. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family. He never went to college. He never put His foot inside a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place He was born. He never did one of the things that usually accompany greatness. He had no credentials but Himself...
While still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against him. His friends ran away. One of them denied Him. He was turned over to His enemies. He went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed upon a cross between two thieves. While He was dying His executioners gambled for the only piece of property He had on earth – His coat. When He was dead, He was laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.
Nineteen long centuries have come and gone, and today He is a centerpiece of the human race and leader of the column of progress.
I am far within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched, all the navies that were ever built; all the parliaments that ever sat and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as has that one solitary life. And here you are posting about him today! LOL
Topix atheists ain't the brightest bulbs, Clownie.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#170781 Jul 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, scar, you COULD post something intelligent and worth reading instead of just whining about me.
Surely?
Speak up, son. No one is stopping you.
:-)
It's really quite impossible to discuss much with you. You continually refer to "thingies" or "something like that" and other vague and meaningless terms that reduce any value you have to being more slanted towards comedic purposes.

It's an exercise in futility to engage you for much more than that.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#170782 Jul 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
AHH - AHH - UGHM - MMMMM - AAAAAAAHH OOOO AHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHH AAAAHHhh … Bro. Clownie lets loose with his TARZAN YELL!!!!! Warning atheist chumps/chimps you better run boys before The Clown opens up a can of whup @ss YO
Clownie KING OF THE JUNGLE
Your wheel is still spinning furiously but the hamster went to hamster-heaven long ago.

I must be having déjà vu & amnesia at the same time... I think I've ridiculed you before.

;)
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#170783 Jul 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
"O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it ..." ["The War Prayer"]~Mark Twain

Lamar, CO

#170784 Jul 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really quite impossible to discuss much with you. You continually refer to "thingies" or "something like that" and other vague and meaningless terms that reduce any value you have to being more slanted towards comedic purposes.
It's an exercise in futility to engage you for much more than that.
If you can't understand the context of how I use those thingies in, then explaining it in minute detail isn't going to work, either.

I have a fairly broad base of knowledge where I can tie different thingies together immediately. Perhaps I take for granted others do too.

Or something like that,

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#170785 Jul 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't understand the context of how I use those thingies in, then explaining it in minute detail isn't going to work, either.
I have a fairly broad base of knowledge where I can tie different thingies together immediately. Perhaps I take for granted others do too.
Or something like that,
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170786 Jul 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
"O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it ..." ["The War Prayer"]~Mark Twain
amen Im for us
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170787 Jul 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou ego knows no bounds.
When you are working on the level a creator would work, I kinda don't think it would really be too concerned about what you think, or your judgments upon its performance or necessarily take the time to decide if you were worthwhile or not and violate a sort of proposition it left you to accept or not. Sort of take or or leave it, kid sort of thing. After all, it would have a lot of other things requiring its attention.
Now, there is always someone or something willing to listen to your whining, but you will find they expect something from you for the expenditure of their time. Now or later.
You are a caricature of an egotistical person.
My ego knows no bounds?......ha ha ha, and you KNOW what it is to work on the level of a creator. Explain to us all how you come by this knowledge. Has the supreme creator, the creator of all things confided in you? You seem to know the mind of this creator, how is that? Or could it be that you are just pulling shit out of your ass as usual.

Seems to me an all powerful creator would have plenty of time to listen to his creations. Oh, yeah, I forgot, this particular creator is a bit on the whimpy side, needing a whole day to rest after creating the earth.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170788 Jul 3, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask a lot of good questions. I appreciate that you do. I'll answer them as best as I can according to my understanding of the topics. For the sake of brevity let's stick to one subject at a time.
I'll ask you to pick one single subject and we'll discuss it. If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you that I don't know. Fair enough?
Yes, fair enough. Lets start with an omnipotent God who is all powerful and can see not only see what will happen ,but can controls those events. Now we can stop right here if you claim that God is incapable on seeing and controlling the future. If we go on the fact that he can, then an explanation needs to be offered for Eve's eating the forbidden fruit. Eve has no concept of right and wrong, only that she was told NOT to eat from the tree of knowledge. Now the question is, did God KNOW that she would violate his request? Could he in fact look into the future and see her eating the forbidden fruit? If so, what is the rationale for not only punishing Adam and Eve, but ALL of mankind?

Since you enjoy analogous situations. I know my 5 year old loves cookies. I tell her NOT to eat a cookie, I then leave a cookie in her room, on the bed, knowing full well that as a 5 year old with no one around, she will eat the cookie. I hid around the corner and wait for her to eat the cookie, then spring into her room and punish her for eating the cookie. Is this something you could ever do? Do you see anything wrong with a parent doing such a thing?

Lamar, CO

#170789 Jul 3, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My ego knows no bounds?......ha ha ha, and you KNOW what it is to work on the level of a creator. Explain to us all how you come by this knowledge. Has the supreme creator, the creator of all things confided in you? You seem to know the mind of this creator, how is that? Or could it be that you are just pulling shit out of your ass as usual.
Seems to me an all powerful creator would have plenty of time to listen to his creations. Oh, yeah, I forgot, this particular creator is a bit on the whimpy side, needing a whole day to rest after creating the earth.
Wow!!

That Creator should not be looking forward to your judgment and scorn being laid upon him. He might just leave town to escape you.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170790 Jul 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
That Creator should not be looking forward to your judgment and scorn being laid upon him. He might just leave town to escape you.
One can only hope!!!

Lamar, CO

#170791 Jul 3, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>One can only hope!!!
A righteous atheist is a fearsome creature to behold.

Would be kind of neat beholding dueling trumpets in the sky.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#170792 Jul 3, 2013
Your factually incorrect spam was deleted for being humiliatingly wrong even by Christian standards.

Still waiting for this historical proof Jesus even existed, not some chump's opinion on a fictional character.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another village.

Louisville, KY

#170793 Jul 3, 2013
You think the clown chump is bright Dave?

Wow that head injury of your's is getting worse if you think so.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Topix atheists ain't the brightest bulbs, Clownie.

Louisville, KY

#170794 Jul 3, 2013
Lol! Dave using the term thingies and his buddy saying we are made of god stuff!

Lmfao! Sooooo funny!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't understand the context of how I use those thingies in, then explaining it in minute detail isn't going to work, either.

Or something like that,

Louisville, KY

#170795 Jul 3, 2013
Make one about magnets :)
scaritual wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Freebird USA 176,344
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Liam 582,418
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 28 min Good-Evil 2,937
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min KLUX 121,587
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 33 min Paul Porter1 176
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Catcher1 825,007
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 hr Naveen kumar 1,354
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Blagoja 442,391
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr puspamishra130 190
More from around the web