Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,189)

Showing posts 163,761 - 163,780 of218,166
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
And your fervent hope I am wrong. The physics say I am not. Random deconstruction of what you consider an intelligent and sentient being based strictly on physical forces will not be a pleasant experience. It will not be like HAL getting shutdown. Humans have a lot more emotion.
I don't have a "fervent hope", you're wrong, for one. As a matter of fact it isn't an issue of wanting to think there is nothing after death, it has to do with a plausible, and logical hypothesis, that leads to a theory, and can be supported by evidences.

The NDE claims haven't reached any of those thresholds.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Fear as you are falling apart. Higher thought functions are the first to go.
If you claim to have lost higher brain function -at the onset - then how is it you can make a reasoned and accurate assessment of what happened?

“Life is a learning highway”

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "few minutes" is how long it takes before parts begin to die, it's not a sudden process, you should stop projecting your idiocy onto others. The actual average is 3-6 minutes, before brain damage begins. Some people as long as 15 minutes:
http://www.wisegeek.org/how-long-can-the-brai...
A few years ago, this happened:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Man-survived-withou...
That's 25 minutes without oxygen. You should at least Google before making yourself look like an idiot.
Your first link only tells how Long Can the Brain be Without Oxygen before Brain Damage?

Your second link is God and his miracles, Plain and simple. Like he says it all went white. White light is what is said to be seen when you began to die and angels or God is near.

"Everything is just white, very bright, warm comfortable feeling. I see nothing but white, don't have any sensation of anything. There's no pain. There's no nothing very pleasant, very, very pleasant. Then the white that I see just starts to shrink, goes down to a dot and then it's gone," he described of the last moment he remembers under water.

Thanks for proving God does work miracles and helped this man survive. Great article.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. The brain will survive just a few minutes with no oxygen but 10??? Show the evidence of your claim.
The brain requires 20-25% of the bodies intake of oxygen. Take away the oxygen and it dies rather quickly.
Again you claim 10 minutes. You need to show evidence that supports and makes your claim true.
Less than a minute, or reflex
would have what muscle control left making the expression of suffocation. It was recorded a response of about 50 seconds involving the eyes. But even a minute is a horrible amount of time to realize your condition. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They can extend the time by quick cooling, slowing down the chemical processes. Not that such is widely available and handy. I think 2 minutes is the standard time.
Seem a pointless experiment, given the condition is irreversible , at this point in medical science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "few minutes" is how long it takes before parts begin to die, it's not a sudden process, you should stop projecting your idiocy onto others. The actual average is 3-6 minutes, before brain damage begins. Some people as long as 15 minutes:
http://www.wisegeek.org/how-long-can-the-brai...
A few years ago, this happened:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Man-survived-withou...
That's 25 minutes without oxygen. You should at least Google before making yourself look like an idiot.

You are ignoring a few factors here kitten, blood flow and trauma.
The brain may survive more than a minute before totally dead, but
most likely in an unconscious state of rapid deterioration and without coherency.

“A belief is formed personally.”

Since: Jun 13

Not forced.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Less than a minute, or reflex
would have what muscle control left making the expression of suffocation. It was recorded a response of about 50 seconds involving the eyes. But even a minute is a horrible amount of time to realize your condition. lol
I have a video I found on the web. It is very very gory for it is absolutely real of a decapitation of a girl from the Mexican Drug Cartel. After they cut her head off you can see her eyes move toward the side as if looking that way for a few seconds as they hold her head up.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a "fervent hope", you're wrong, for one. As a matter of fact it isn't an issue of wanting to think there is nothing after death, it has to do with a plausible, and logical hypothesis, that leads to a theory, and can be supported by evidences.
The NDE claims haven't reached any of those thresholds.
<quoted text> If you claim to have lost higher brain function -at the onset - then how is it you can make a reasoned and accurate assessment of what happened?
The function shuts down because of lack of oxygen. Takes a bit longer for degradation of the material. If you can be revived quick enough they can be fired back up. But being organic material used as conductors you will have a variation in recovery. Organic material is not like copper or silver. This is something KK doesn't realize.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a video I found on the web. It is very very gory for it is absolutely real of a decapitation of a girl from the Mexican Drug Cartel. After they cut her head off you can see her eyes move toward the side as if looking that way for a few seconds as they hold her head up.
BS. I don't believe you. Post the link of what you claim. Anyone else want proof?

Not forced.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. I don't believe you. Post the link of what you claim. Anyone else want proof?
Replaytime I should have known you would jump on that. As I said it is a real live murder/decapitation on film. Too too gory. I will not post the link here but if you or anyone is interested, message me and I will message it to you.

Not forced.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
After a second thought I won't message it to you for I know you will post it. Go search for it yourself.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
so what?
Clownie aka Chunkyboy and the rest of kristains here are brain dead also,,,LOL
you're dumb

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
I read recently where they are discovering autonomic functions within the spinal cord and probably part of the brain that take the load off the brain itself. Instead of the brain controlling each minute motion of every body part, a signal is sent to a particular function. Like passing off to a sub-processor for the detail work, but the brain keeps track.

Look up kundalini. That would kind of describe the relationship.

I had never heard the term or knew it existed. I described the smoky trail that followed me in my NDE to someone, and have posted it on here. They said it was my kundalini. I have to laugh. I inadvertently vacated my body and my kundalini went looking for me. I thought it was a snake and panicked and started wrestling furiously with it. Then I collapsed exhausted and realized I was dead. About 9 feet from my body.

Was a weird experience.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
After a second thought I won't message it to you for I know you will post it. Go search for it yourself.
I knew you had nothing loser. You are a joke.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I read recently where they are discovering autonomic functions within the spinal cord and probably part of the brain that take the load off the brain itself. Instead of the brain controlling each minute motion of every body part, a signal is sent to a particular function. Like passing off to a sub-processor for the detail work, but the brain keeps track.
Look up kundalini. That would kind of describe the relationship.
I had never heard the term or knew it existed. I described the smoky trail that followed me in my NDE to someone, and have posted it on here. They said it was my kundalini. I have to laugh. I inadvertently vacated my body and my kundalini went looking for me. I thought it was a snake and panicked and started wrestling furiously with it. Then I collapsed exhausted and realized I was dead. About 9 feet from my body.
Was a weird experience.
How frightening, I wonder if you will ever make back into your body? But this does explain some of the mindless dribble your body is posting , while your brain is afk. lol

Not forced.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you had nothing loser. You are a joke.
Go play. I won't waste time on people like you who just want to be rude and argue.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You see DK coco its not really like that.
Non believers do not hate believers, none believers simply dislike ignorant pratts like you ho keep lying about who hates who.
Ignorant prats like you who keep on hating anything not DK coco
Ignorant prats like you who attribute your own narrow mindedness to everyone else
Ignorant prats like you who are too stupid to understand anything other than what you were taught as a young and malleable child
Basically just ignorant prats like you
Aww, the poor lost soul, Christine having to partner up with the UK queer (thinking)/dork to do battle with Clownie the Anointed. You two wilderness wanderers will have trouble coming up with a complete sentence, much less something that is intelligent. Now, be careful you two don't start walking in circles and end up dying of vertigo. Talk about the blind leading the blind! LMAO!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
How frightening, I wonder if you will ever make back into your body? But this does explain some of the mindless dribble your body is posting , while your brain is afk. lol
Oh, I did.

I just turned my physical brain down a few notches to be able to talk to you. Looks like it wasn't enough.

Say, hum the theme from Batman and I will see if I can tune into you.

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, the poor lost soul, Christine having to partner up with the UK queer (thinking)/dork to do battle with Clownie the Anointed. You two wilderness wanderers will have trouble coming up with a complete sentence, much less something that is intelligent. Now, be careful you two don't start walking in circles and end up dying of vertigo. Talk about the blind leading the blind! LMAO!!!
> Nice post to the un-seeing, Clown! Yours truly, that would be moi, has heard of ignorant, atheist, heathens, wandering aimlessly in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss, and dying of vertigo. Not a pretty sight!:/

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Clown ... my identical twin brother, Artie the Anointed might visit this thread. I told him of the incredible war of words happening here, between The Believers of God and the most ignorant people crawling around the beautiful planet of Earth ... The Mentally Challenged Dorks! He sounded very interested in dropping in for a few laughs!:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Nice post to the un-seeing, Clown! Yours truly, that would be moi, has heard of ignorant, atheist, heathens, wandering aimlessly in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss, and dying of vertigo. Not a pretty sight!:/
Thanks OSB !!!!!! YOU HAVE TALENT ON LOAN FROM GOD!! You have to be a in-crowder no doubt! I bet you love college football also... like Bro. Clownie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,761 - 163,780 of218,166
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

580 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 250,725
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 11 min yon 425
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min this1then 3,360
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min lovewithin 38,069
Homosexuals are the shame of their families 17 min Doctor REALITY 25
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 21 min yon 447
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min USA Born 110,368
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,810
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Truth 513,497
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min thewordofme 682,945
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min EdmondWA 89,782
•••
•••
•••