Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244949 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170637 Jul 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say it is very fancy programming for a meat made consciousness of our assumed high order.
There seem to be some very basic flaws in the modern physics approach, and some very glaring blind spots. Let's take this BBT, which I have repeatedly said sure looks like a seed. Take that hot dense mass that poofed and created space and volume. They seem to ignore that the energy of expansion, the motion that started, is also going to have a wake behind it, especially if it is a closed system of energy. Matter as we know it is a midpoint, or resistance to that initial expansion motion, and there is a return to that wake created. Not the best description, but there has to be return to maintain the expansion, to maintain that space. It is like we are totally ignoring the other half of the circuit, which actually passes through us.
There was an imbalance of forces for that BBT to even occur. There is a lot hidden from view. Basically I am saying we are projections of energy from a source we can't see in this form.
Your halfwit opinions about science will matter AFTER you've proven the creationist god you're lying to us about.

When will you learn that lying about god will never ever convince atheists?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#170638 Jul 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity is all about grace, and grace is all about love. Because God loved us so much He allowed Jesus to be the sacrificial lamb and to die for our sins... either you believe this or not! its up to you.. It might not be for you. Its by faith not proof... Seek Jesus Christ and you will find him.. If he has to be proved to you,by someone you will never find him..
Bozo doesn't have anything so no proof of god so you can stop lying about your gods existence it does not exist!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170639 Jul 2, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Bozo doesn't have anything so no proof of god so you can stop lying about your gods existence it does not exist!
Faith is not based on our own knowledge or experience. The Bible says in Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see". I belive! you don't! Im fine with that.. I can't prove what you can't disprove... We both have faith in our belief...:/

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#170640 Jul 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is not based on our own knowledge or experience. The Bible says in Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see". I belive! you don't! Im fine with that.. I can't prove what you can't disprove... We both have faith in our belief...:/
Wrong!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170641 Jul 2, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgiveness is only one part of the equation. The other part is sincere regret over actions committed. Saying "Father forgive me" doesn't mean anything if the person isn't truly sorry for the consequences of their actions. The important thing to remember is that God sees all of humanity as equal in the way they act. Humans view transgressions with varying degrees of seriousness while God views all transgressions on the basis of selfishness. Therefore, all sins are equally wrong.
My hypothesis is that all transgressions are based on the concept of theft. If we bully somebody, we are in effect stealing their dignity and self-worth. If we kill, we are stealing someone's life. If we lie, we are stealing truth. If all transgressions are given by a supreme moral lawgiver who loves us all equally, then all transgressions among us are also equal, and we are equal in asking for forgiveness if sincere.
What is my punishment for rejecting Jesus?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#170642 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Just putting in my two cents:
Let me get this straight:
The supposed Christian "God" has no problem with allowing child molesters, murderers, rapists, thieves, etc....into Heaven with nothing more than saying "forgive me".
YET, Critical thinkers will burn in hell for eternity...suffering?
You buy that crap? You AGREE with that crap?
Honestly...is that a God worth worshipping?
The Christian god is not the creator and does not govern heaven. The Christian god is Satan and has "strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life". He sent Jesus to finish his work. The wicked go to hell and the righteous go to heaven.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#170643 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Forgiveness is only one part of the equation. The other part is sincere regret over actions committed. Saying "Father forgive me" doesn't mean anything if the person isn't truly sorry for the consequences of their actions. The important thing to remember is that God sees all of humanity as equal in the way they act. Humans view transgressions with varying degrees of seriousness while God views all transgressions on the basis of selfishness. Therefore, all sins are equally wrong.
My hypothesis is that all transgressions are based on the concept of theft. If we bully somebody, we are in effect stealing their dignity and self-worth. If we kill, we are stealing someone's life. If we lie, we are stealing truth. If all transgressions are given by a supreme moral lawgiver who loves us all equally, then all transgressions among us are also equal, and we are equal in asking for forgiveness if sincere.
There are four steps to repentance and atonement. Remorse, confession, restitution, and most importantly change. Those who will not repent and the wicked go to hell. There are seven deadly sins which are not the Christian ones which are not sins at all. If you commit these sins, there is no atonement.
Thinking

York, UK

#170644 Jul 2, 2013
Have you seen the work of the poster "Wayne"?

He believes he will go to heaven, but his memories will be wiped clean. Despite this, he still thinks he will be the same person.
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I was agnostic for a very long time too, until a series of subjective experiences that I believe were designed to lead me onto a path in which I would chose Christianity. This happened pretty recently, as a lot of my posts from even 6 months to 1 year ago were agnostic in nature. Stay open minded... Life is wonderful like that :)
My thoughts on an afterlife is that if there is one, someone, or something would have to be able to restore human consciousness with every experience, environmental factor, genetic history, and even factors that humans, collectively haven't even discovered yet. Otherwise, "me" would not really be me. No easy task.
Thinking

York, UK

#170645 Jul 2, 2013
Looking at this from the aggrieved party's viewpoint: forgiveness should only be given if the offending party has mended their ways.

Forgiving someone that is in no way repentant is an abjuration of responsibility.
<quoted text>

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170646 Jul 2, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
we will see...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#170647 Jul 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I was quoting the HOLY WORD OF GOD! not some jumbo-mumbo atheist are very dumb!!!!! you chumps use no logic
Logic wasn't something that was needed to see that all of those quotes or versus were in the same language as the "holy bible" and if you can read English, and if you're smart enough you could have figured that one out. They also are the same lines as your super duper imaginary friend put in his little book for you to read and obey. Now obey biatch!!!
Thinking

York, UK

#170648 Jul 2, 2013
Don't forget to thank your god for:

Miscarriages.
Cot death.
Childhood leukaemia.

What a cult.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170649 Jul 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Don't forget to thank your god for:
Miscarriages.
Cot death.
Childhood leukaemia.
What a cult.
<quoted text>
wait a min you don't believe in GOD! then who cause all these things???? science has no cures! who's fault is that? come on science guys you dudes are dragging ass... I want cures!!!!!! yeah right

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170650 Jul 2, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic wasn't something that was needed to see that all of those quotes or versus were in the same language as the "holy bible" and if you can read English, and if you're smart enough you could have figured that one out. They also are the same lines as your super duper imaginary friend put in his little book for you to read and obey. Now obey biatch!!!
you're dumb

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#170651 Jul 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Christian god is not the creator and does not govern heaven. The Christian god is Satan and has "strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life". He sent Jesus to finish his work. The wicked go to hell and the righteous go to heaven.
That makes absolutely NO sense!

BUT, that's typical with religion.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170652 Jul 2, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
hey bozo prove to us that your god exists!
The two crucified criminals who hung on crosses either side of Jesus were representative of you and me. Are you mocking Jesus, or are you asking Jesus for help? If you choose to ask Him for help you will receive the same reward that criminal received:“today you will be with me in paradise”!

Which cross are you hanging from?

choose Jesus Christ

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170653 Jul 2, 2013
The original version by Dr James Allan Francis)

Let us turn now to the story. A child is born in an obscure village. He is brought up in another obscure village. He works in a carpenter shop until he is thirty, and then for three brief years is an itinerant preacher, proclaiming a message and living a life. He never writes a book. He never holds an office. He never raises an army. He never has a family of his own. He never owns a home. He never goes to college. He never travels two hundred miles from the place where he was born. He gathers a little group of friends about him and teaches them his way of life. While still a young man, the tide of popular feeling turns against him. One denies him; another betrays him. He is turned over to his enemies. He goes through the mockery of a trial; he is nailed to a cross between two thieves, and when dead is laid in a borrowed grave by the kindness of a friend.

Those are the facts of his human life. He rises from the dead. Today we look back across nineteen hundred years and ask, What kind of trail has he left across the centuries? When we try to sum up his influence, all the armies that ever marched, all the parliaments that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned are absolutely picayune in their influence on mankind compared with that of this one solitary life…

He is Lord

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#170654 Jul 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're dumb
Really meow....I was gonna say the same thing about you, but I'm way nicer than you. I can tell. Oh by the way....Science is way better than god is at curing things. If your "god" was so awesome then he'd wave his huge magic hand and he'd cure all the kiddies from leukemia...in fact, if he were as great as you claim then he would make all of those things go away. Not creating them would have been the best idea. Christians say "god" created everything, except for the bad stuff..."god" didn't create the bad stuff, but he did create everything....seems legit lol

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#170655 Jul 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say it is very fancy programming for a meat made consciousness of our assumed high order.
There seem to be some very basic flaws in the modern physics approach, and some very glaring blind spots. Let's take this BBT, which I have repeatedly said sure looks like a seed. Take that hot dense mass that poofed and created space and volume. They seem to ignore that the energy of expansion, the motion that started, is also going to have a wake behind it, especially if it is a closed system of energy. Matter as we know it is a midpoint, or resistance to that initial expansion motion, and there is a return to that wake created. Not the best description, but there has to be return to maintain the expansion, to maintain that space. It is like we are totally ignoring the other half of the circuit, which actually passes through us.
There was an imbalance of forces for that BBT to even occur. There is a lot hidden from view. Basically I am saying we are projections of energy from a source we can't see in this form.
All of that, however, is accounted for within cyclical theory.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170656 Jul 2, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Really meow....I was gonna say the same thing about you, but I'm way nicer than you. I can tell. Oh by the way....Science is way better than god is at curing things. If your "god" was so awesome then he'd wave his huge magic hand and he'd cure all the kiddies from leukemia...in fact, if he were as great as you claim then he would make all of those things go away. Not creating them would have been the best idea. Christians say "god" created everything, except for the bad stuff..."god" didn't create the bad stuff, but he did create everything....seems legit lol
you're dumb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 2 min RiccardoFire 27
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 27 min dollarsbill 6,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Peace_Warrior 612,915
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min karl44 599,894
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Stilgar Fifrawi 865,266
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,891
Any sexy girls send me pics of your sexy feet plz 2 hr Ilovefeet15 1
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 17 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web