Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258473 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170571 Jul 1, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Nice post to the un-seeing, Clown! Yours truly, that would be moi, has heard of ignorant, atheist, heathens, wandering aimlessly in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss, and dying of vertigo. Not a pretty sight!:/
Thanks OSB !!!!!! YOU HAVE TALENT ON LOAN FROM GOD!! You have to be a in-crowder no doubt! I bet you love college football also... like Bro. Clownie
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#170572 Jul 1, 2013
I hear you didn't get to screw your girlfriend until she died.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, the poor lost soul, Christine having to partner up with the UK queer (thinking)/dork to do battle with Clownie the Anointed. You two wilderness wanderers will have trouble coming up with a complete sentence, much less something that is intelligent. Now, be careful you two don't start walking in circles and end up dying of vertigo. Talk about the blind leading the blind! LMAO!!!

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#170573 Jul 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks OSB !!!!!! YOU HAVE TALENT ON LOAN FROM GOD!! You have to be a in-crowder no doubt! I bet you love college football also... like Bro. Clownie
The's no god until you have proven me wrong

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#170574 Jul 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first link only tells how Long Can the Brain be Without Oxygen before Brain Damage?
Your second link is God and his miracles, Plain and simple. Like he says it all went white. White light is what is said to be seen when you began to die and angels or God is near.
"Everything is just white, very bright, warm comfortable feeling. I see nothing but white, don't have any sensation of anything. There's no pain. There's no nothing – very pleasant, very, very pleasant. Then the white that I see just starts to shrink, goes down to a dot and then it's gone," he described of the last moment he remembers under water.
Thanks for proving God does work miracles and helped this man survive. Great article.
Um, first link supports what I stated, and second link was science and medicine. Did you even read them? I'm guessing not.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170575 Jul 1, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The's no god until you have proven me wrong
you haven't disprove GOD! I believe in GOD and creation

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170576 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I hear you didn't get to screw your girlfriend until she died.
<quoted text>
who asked you sissy boy...The gay blade of topix..

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170577 Jul 1, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
Hey, Clown ... my identical twin brother, Artie the Anointed might visit this thread. I told him of the incredible war of words happening here, between The Believers of God and the most ignorant people crawling around the beautiful planet of Earth ... The Mentally Challenged Dorks! He sounded very interested in dropping in for a few laughs!:)
He sounds like a cool guy!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#170578 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The function shuts down because of lack of oxygen. Takes a bit longer for degradation of the material. If you can be revived quick enough they can be fired back up. But being organic material used as conductors you will have a variation in recovery. Organic material is not like copper or silver. This is something KK doesn't realize.
Yeah, organic material isn't like silver or copper, but you keep throwing your comparisons between machinery, circuit boards and such out there like it's an established fact when it's just your pseudo scientific notions...

I'm sure KK is aware of and realizes that.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#170579 Jul 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, organic material isn't like silver or copper, but you keep throwing your comparisons between machinery, circuit boards and such out there like it's an established fact when it's just your pseudo scientific notions...
I'm sure KK is aware of and realizes that.
No she isn't.

Cells pass the charge to each other in organic material. Similar cells form components within the larger circuitry. The structure of the cells allows for more random firing due to spurious signals or mechanical pressure. Metallic conductors don't have the generation capability in their molecules that those cells do. Simply put, you don't have the feedback issue in simple electrical circuits. You will in organic matter because of the semiconductor and battery nature of the cells. You don't have water, salt, and trace elements in cells for the hell of it.

Pour some salty water on your motherboard while it is running. You will see the kind of feedback I am referring to.

She has rudimentary knowledge of electrical circuitry, even less of neuro-transmission of electrical charges. Therefore she thinks too simply about it.

Thinking

Lymington, UK

#170580 Jul 1, 2013
So you admit you f*ck corpses. Watch out jesus, DK Clunt is going to spunk in your spear hole!
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>who asked you sissy boy...The gay blade of topix..
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170581 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock, knock.
This is the neuroscientist.
Is anybody in there?
Is anyone at home?
Guess not.
You will not understand the significance of perspective in such doings.
Let me tell you something. Thought is invisible. Even the thought produced by matter. Particularly abstract thinking.
You are confused about just what they do know and what they think may happen strictly on a physical basis.
How fortunate we are that science, including Neuroscience, focuses on things based on the physical. Look how much science has advanced our species, our understanding of the universe, all because they ONLY focused on the physical. Why do you suppose that is? Could it be that little can be learned about things that are only imagined?

Thought is a part of the human brain which is purely physical, and that includes abstract thoughts. Thoughts usual manifest themselves in the physical. I think of an abstract musical idea, realize it on a musical score, produce the individual parts, on my down beat my abstract thoughts become purely physical as music.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#170582 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, first link supports what I stated, and second link was science and medicine. Did you even read them? I'm guessing not.
Uhm you need to read them. The first link is only about brain damage, not how long it remains conscious,

The second link is Gods miracle, the white lights. But then again the whole link is total BS. I believe your evomorons say once a lie is found in the link, then the whole link is a lie and void. Well normal air you and I breath is 21% oxygen. Now the most oxygen you can get is 100%. This line from your link "He was getting six times the amount of normal oxygen." Really Really REALLY. How does one get 126% oxygen?(6x21%). That lie alone voids the whole link.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#170583 Jul 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>How fortunate we are that science, including Neuroscience, focuses on things based on the physical. Look how much science has advanced our species, our understanding of the universe, all because they ONLY focused on the physical. Why do you suppose that is? Could it be that little can be learned about things that are only imagined?
Thought is a part of the human brain which is purely physical, and that includes abstract thoughts. Thoughts usual manifest themselves in the physical. I think of an abstract musical idea, realize it on a musical score, produce the individual parts, on my down beat my abstract thoughts become purely physical as music.
Your physical music hasn't got a clue you even existed, no matter how ordered and complicated it is.

Again, you will not understand that.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#170584 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No she isn't.
Cells pass the charge to each other in organic material. Similar cells form components within the larger circuitry. The structure of the cells allows for more random firing due to spurious signals or mechanical pressure. Metallic conductors don't have the generation capability in their molecules that those cells do. Simply put, you don't have the feedback issue in simple electrical circuits. You will in organic matter because of the semiconductor and battery nature of the cells. You don't have water, salt, and trace elements in cells for the hell of it.
Pour some salty water on your motherboard while it is running. You will see the kind of feedback I am referring to.
She has rudimentary knowledge of electrical circuitry, even less of neuro-transmission of electrical charges. Therefore she thinks too simply about it.
So are you saying that the "organic system" humans operate by, is subject to error, feedback and misfirings?

If so, that explains your NDE quite nicely, the last gasps of a dying brain...erm...circuit board brain covered in salt water.

Or whatever it is you want to "think" of it as.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#170585 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Fear as you are falling apart. Higher thought functions are the first to go.
And you are a perfect example.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#170586 Jul 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that the "organic system" humans operate by, is subject to error, feedback and misfirings?
If so, that explains your NDE quite nicely, the last gasps of a dying brain...erm...circuit board brain covered in salt water.
Or whatever it is you want to "think" of it as.
You will have your own experience. Perhaps not a drill before, though.

Nice to see you don't need one. You know so much about it.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170587 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your physical music hasn't got a clue you even existed, no matter how ordered and complicated it is.
Again, you will not understand that.
And what you FAIL to understand is that my Physical music would never exist without me. Without my thoughts carried through to the final conclusion, there is no music. My physical music is very well aware of its creator.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#170588 Jul 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And what you FAIL to understand is that my Physical music would never exist without me. Without my thoughts carried through to the final conclusion, there is no music. My physical music is very well aware of its creator.
Totally and unequivocally wrong. The closest it can get is bouncing off your head, and it still wouldn't know you.

Music is just pressure waves, just like you are.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170589 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you admit you f*ck corpses. Watch out Jesus, DK Clunt is going to spunk in your spear hole!
<quoted text>
So you admit you are a sissy boy? sure you do

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170590 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking about blowing wrote:
So you admit you f*ck corpses. Watch out jesus, DK Clunt is going to spunk in your spear hole!
<quoted text>
why do you hang out in the mens room on your knees begging for men to pull them big ol rabbit ears while you gargle their balls?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min RiversideRedneck 110,158
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr President DonJ Trump 675,526
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 46,191
quality below the solid wood flooring 2 hr wangyueyue 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 982,209
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Retribution 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,737
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Tom Fontaine 286,308
More from around the web