Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
163,481 - 163,500 of 224,672 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's summer. Shouldn't you be out to sea serenading flying fish? You done run the squirrels out of the park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Funny, I'm on my boat right now, three glorious days of solitude and composing. I prefer a full concert hall like we had last weekend to flying fish, but thanks for the thought.

In the case should I accidentally ingest poison, I've gone ahead and saved the bucketed youtube video, I can use it to induce vomiting, thanks for your help!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The event left you in a Christianized world. Your entire overdeveloped sense of morality is a product of that. Now get humble and realize that The Force works in ways you can't understand.
Serenade the flying fish. They can't throw fish at you like the porpoises will.
My overdeveloped sense of morality is a produced of evolution, no mysterious sky wizard needed. Ever wonder how mankind survived for 198,000 years before the sky wizard deemed it time to show his evil face.

Forces that work in ways that cannot be understood, cannot be understood by anyone, hence they are simply a product of an overactive juvenile imagination.

People "throw" well wished and applause when I serenade, not fish, sorry, your wrong ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>The event left you in a Christianized world. Your entire overdeveloped sense of morality is a product of that. Now get humble and realize that The Force works in ways you can't understand.

Serenade the flying fish. They can't throw fish at you like the porpoises will.
May the Schwartz be with you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
"Again you have made another good point, but you're thinking of the sacrifice in linear natural terms. I'll explain. Yes, Jesus is one person of the trinity but there's a key difference during His earthly ministry. Jesus chose to limit His powers at times. Just because a powerful being can do certain things does not mean that they will do them."
"What Jesus did was take God's judgement onto Himself during the crucifixion. This is the theological sacrifice. He lived the life we should have lived, and He died the death we deserved to die,(under judgement) and He did so that we wouldn't have to. He defeated death for us."
Of course I'm thinking in linear natural terms, thats what people grounded in reality do. Thats how critical thinking people operate. Are you suggesting we think of this supposed sacrifice in supernatural terms, the supernatural were NOTHING is real? Wouldn't you think that knowing how his creations perceive things, God would have made a genuine sacrifice, one that the common man could understand and appreciate?
A Theological sacrifice? Wonderful!! Theology, the study of that which is only imagined.
Who is to say how I am to live my life? I am the only one who has that power, life's decisions belong solely to me.
No One DESERVES to die, life is beyond precious. All intimations are that this is the ONLY life we have. There is no evidence of an afterlife. I do know what a comforting thought it is to know you can never truly die. The arrogance factor here is astounding. With the entire cosmos in entropy, suns, solar systems, entire galaxies dying, our own sun on its way to total distraction, YOU are so special, that YOU will avoid the cosmic inevitability, and live for ever, Shocking!!!!
You seem to ignore the fact that this in the only life you will have as this manifestation of expression. That is because you can't "see" out of it. Just dead bodies and an assumption you will cease as a consciousness when your carcass is added to the pile. It is always someone else that dies.

You have too much ego to be purely physical.

Of course, a person of your intellectual development and ego would be limited to thinking within those limits of understanding of the nature of things.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My overdeveloped sense of morality is a produced of evolution, no mysterious sky wizard needed. Ever wonder how mankind survived for 198,000 years before the sky wizard deemed it time to show his evil face.
Forces that work in ways that cannot be understood, cannot be understood by anyone, hence they are simply a product of an overactive juvenile imagination.
People "throw" well wished and applause when I serenade, not fish, sorry, your wrong ONCE AGAIN!!!!!
evolution!? you got to be $#itin me boy damn. stay out of the comic books you goofy atheist
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Calm down, dear.
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>evolution!? you got to be $#itin me boy damn. stay out of the comic books you goofy atheist

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>evolution!? you got to be $#itin me boy damn. stay out of the comic books you goofy atheist
Incorrect, comic books have gods.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

And not all comic books are incoherent.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect, comic books have gods.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Calling someone "dear" works on so many levels.
It really smokes out the closet jobs, doesn't it?
Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
<quoted text>
God bless his little clown heart.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Calling someone "dear" works on so many levels.
It really smokes out the closet jobs, doesn't it?
Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
<quoted text>
Your predictions for the second Lions test... Dear?

:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody lies in one way or another. Nobody is immune to lying. As a Christian I do my best to emulate the life of Christ, but I cannot be perfect.

Double Fine is immune to lying.

Double Fine have never lied, deceived or fibbed.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>bout what!
Good ole goob.

Dont worry. Double Fine knows you are not the Clown.

*hides clown mask under rug*

We will say it is my mask if anybody asks

“Myself”

Since: Jun 13

Fareham, Hampshire, England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Read my message for the truth on religion. I have just read what some Christians have written about atheists, look some of these people are morons and don't represent the growing community well. If you want to talk to one with some sense just ask me and don't expect a shit storm of swearing and hate but a civilised conversation. I also enjoy learning about religion so I don't hate it, like everything it's a subject to be respected and don't take my original message for hate since its not its just what I beleive to be truth and it makes sense. But trust me if someone hates on an atheist with some sense then I will hate you back and you will find yourself in a pile of facts WITH EVIDENCE that may get you thinking. But please don't listen some of the idiot atheists they DO NOT represent our community well.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Thinking wrote:
And not all comic books are incoherent.
<quoted text>
This is true, comic book stories are more coherent.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Another very close, just struggling to get it over the line, but a win nonetheless for the Lions.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your predictions for the second Lions test... Dear?
:)
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to ignore the fact that this in the only life you will have as this manifestation of expression. That is because you can't "see" out of it. Just dead bodies and an assumption you will cease as a consciousness when your carcass is added to the pile. It is always someone else that dies.
You have too much ego to be purely physical.
Of course, a person of your intellectual development and ego would be limited to thinking within those limits of understanding of the nature of things.
Very interesting point, you seem to be comparing adult perceptions of life and those of children. Children love to play make believe, love to make up imaginary creatures and beings, magical places, and fantastic adventures. However, most of us outgrow those childish thoughts and accept what reality and science tell us to be true. I do understand those so terrified of death, that they recreate their childhood fantasies. Tell themselves over and over again about this magical land where one can live forever, until they are totally convinced that it is true, dispute a complete lack of supportive evidence. I find it kind of pitiful myself. You go ahead with your magical lands, I'll stick to being an adult and face whatever realities came my way, including death.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Goober Hull wrote:
I'm sorry, I make it a personal rule never to converse with those who's I.Q's register in single digits. Please wipe your chin, you have idiot drool running down..........there that's better!!.....Oppps, there it is again, you poor slob!!!!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I make it a personal rule never to converse with those who's I.Q's register in single digits. Please wipe your chin, you have idiot drool running down..........there that's better!!.....Oppps, there it is again, you poor slob!!!!
You can stop posting anytime now! I've already determined that you don't know your @ss from a hole in the ground. Where were you when God was gifting brains? Oh, that's right you don't believe in God. No wonder you're a dumb @ss!
You should be ashamed of jumping on Ole GOOBER! like that!!! I bet he would whip yo @ss in a one on one! You would be walking in circles yelling DAMN DID A MULE KICK ME IN THE HEAD...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Another very close, just struggling to get it over the line, but a win nonetheless for the Lions.
<quoted text>
sissy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, comic book stories are more coherent.
that guy thinking, likes to beat off reading comic books.. He loves the HE-MAN comics....

See ya in the funnies Kitten

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

538 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min New Age Spiritual Leader 533,658
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessarily so 722,268
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min WasteWater 3,998
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 257,020
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,569
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min New Age Spiritual Leader 599,130
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 93,857
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min ThatOneBand 115,652
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••