Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
163,161 - 163,180 of 224,117 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
Joe fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>They cannot escape the judgment of God. We are all judged when we die and the ruling is final. There are no appeals. God knows everything, even our thoughts.
. No i believe only humans judge. Our deeds are no more important to the deity than that of a spiders.
Joe fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is true! science books tell whoppers
. Talking snakes, living a whale. I'd say those are whoopers.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
I can picture you at the end of your life being like Charles Darwin on his deathbed ... calling out to God for forgiveness for your disrespectfulness to His children.
That is a lie.
bloodreviara

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

The idea that science requires faith is such a tired argument, I see religion is still convinced that so long as they can drag everyone down to their level then it will all be ok, the fundamental flaw with that view is that even if science did require faith, which it doesn't, i could tell you that if you die chances are science could restart your heart, and then proceed to actually show you that, while religion says have faith, let us pray and nothing happens.... then they go on to make excuses as to why nothing happened, often involving victim blaming, IE the person didn't know god well enough, wasn't saved by the correct religion etc. etc. etc.

The key difference being that while the religious people sit there and argue why their claim didn't come true, the guy that relied on science is recuperating in the ICU that science built and continues to improve upon alive......

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
If manna is the visible physical effect then what was the cause?
<quoted text>
Same from above applies here.
Is nature self created? And how do all the different components work together and how was this arranged?
<quoted text>
He can touch our hearts and on the same level it is your choice whether or not to have faith.
If you choose not to have faith, he can choose not to touch your heart.
Its not all about you....you know.
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have a problem with the religion you were in - not God.
1. Never seen manna myself, so far it's just a story in a book.

2. I've seen rainbows and we know what causes them....it ain't a sky pixie.

3. Natural selection. What works survives, what doesn't is extinct.

4. BS

5. No, it's not about me. It's about the entire population and the religious strife that's gone on and on and on. Why doesn't he just settle it once and for all if he exists.

Perhaps this entity of yours likes to create folk just to watch them fight and die? Not an entity worthy of worship, should such a thing exist. It would have to be a vile, malicious omnipotence and not a very smart one either. Believe and worship? Nope.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm impressed you were able to break free after so long. I got out early. When I was in sunday school one day, I decided to ask my teacher if jesus had sinned when he got angry and broke up the money changers market - since anger was a sin. Silence. Granted, a more formidable theological mind could have probably set my mind at ease (he could have told me about the "good anger" of righteous indignation), but that reaction was enough to sow the seeds of doubt early.
You had questions that couldn't be answered even to a child. I AM impressed also.

I followed the crowd I suppose. There IS joy in being loved and accepted in a group of like minded people. Problem is, if that's the only thing you have in common...rejection is the only alternative. I have plenty of religious friends, if we can agree to disagree from the get go, we're fine.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Full of sh*t defeated creationist with no proof of god, shamelessly lying to people thousands of times more intelligent than himself.
Why, thank you!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you find it.
Your argumentation and base of logic for it is seriously lacking in development.
Stand in the desert and gaze into the distance. If you see large patches of green or along line of trees you see water, the source of life. If you see people living there, then they are smarter than you all alone out in the desert looking at them.
They didn't gather there because there was nothing there.
You may be in there but you don't have the experience of looking back where you were to understand what you have and how you got it. So you mouth BS and criticize that which you don't know. It was always there for you.
Again, you will not understand that and will come back with some stupid pseudo-intellectual dodge or deflection.
A poorly wrought metaphor that paints the religious as enlightened souls who have found "something," including better perspective, in this desert of life. An overly dramatic attempt at being profound wrapped up in a not so cleverly disguised appeal to popularity.

Not hard to understand. Dave's world is shockingly repetitious.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Ware? Hardware, software, underwear?

The only thing you have is arbitrary claims and opinions. Mankind has advanced light years from the animal sacrificing bible myth days. Are things perfect? Nope and they never were and never will be. Still we have progressed vastly over the morals of your bible that says to sell virgin girls as if they were a commodity for example.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate you wanted to share your opinion here, but I need a little bit more than that to be persuaded.

Has crime stopped recently?

Has ware stopped recently?

Making arbitrary claims, like you have done here, is of little value and does not support your case.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The word is you're btw Dave.

Keep humiliating yourself for our amusement.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>:-)

You so bad.

You must have read a lot to learn how to be that way.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The bible states the earth is square, flat and rests on top of pillars. You agree?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>You make the common mistake of assuming that scientific investigation and the bible are somehow at odds with each other.

Yet science is impossible without the foundation of God as revealed in the bible.

Science is the observation of the universe that God has created.

Not God itself...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

So that's your men's room nickname! Your clients have a pet name for you!
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>pickle licker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Lmfao! Presuppositionist epic failure!
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>No.

It is a revelation we are all born with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Joe fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>. No science needs evidence and there isn't any either way.
Science has all the evidence to disprove all god that theists can imagine up.

If theists god were real, they would not be called religion - they would be accepted as science.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>and you want his wrath on you? what a fool
What wrath? What his?

Your empty and meaningless threats are exact that, empty and meaningless threats

However if you get turned on by crapping you pants over a bronze age myth then thatís entirely up to you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian and the living God was around long before there was even an Egypt. She was present in the garden of Eden. God gave us life and it is in Gods power to take it away.
Yes you have said this before, who cares what you are or how you distort your belief, you make christian proclamations with nothing to back them up. In the words of the late and great Douglas Adams,ďIf it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.Ē

According to the timeline of the Tanakh (and OT) then Egypt far outdated Adam and Eve. Sorry, I did not write the books (nor did I edit them) and any evidence they offer is sadly lacking when compared to fact.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I go to a christian doc... atheist are dumb
Ahh right so you prefer bronze age witchcraft, fair enough

I know several doctors, all will tell you the same thing. When you are lying on a trolley with you leg hanging off, not one of you will ever ask about the doctors religious belief.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right so you prefer bronze age witchcraft, fair enough
I know several doctors, all will tell you the same thing. When you are lying on a trolley with you leg hanging off, not one of you will ever ask about the doctors religious belief.
same goes for you ... BTW atheist are dumb peeeps

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has all the evidence to disprove all god that theists can imagine up.
If theists god were real, they would not be called religion - they would be accepted as science.
your god science can't get the weather right. And has no proof that there is no GOD! if so lets see it... I want real proof!not some pumpkin head science guy out there saying I think so...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
I can picture you at the end of your life being like Charles Darwin on his deathbed ... calling out to God for forgiveness for your disrespectfulness to His children.
A story known to be false, by the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

430 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 min Aura Mytha 5,233
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min hojo 532,642
nudist dating question 12 min Christy8623 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min It aint necessarily so 720,689
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min NoStress4me 440,828
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min An NFL Fan 115,034
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 30 min Senecus 1,522
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 172,345
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr bbbbbb 73