Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,665
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Mar 11

United States

#169961 Jun 25, 2013
The bible states the earth is square, flat and rests on top of pillars. You agree?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>You make the common mistake of assuming that scientific investigation and the bible are somehow at odds with each other.

Yet science is impossible without the foundation of God as revealed in the bible.

Science is the observation of the universe that God has created.

Not God itself...

United States

#169962 Jun 25, 2013
So that's your men's room nickname! Your clients have a pet name for you!
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>pickle licker

United States

#169963 Jun 25, 2013
Lmfao! Presuppositionist epic failure!
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>No.

It is a revelation we are all born with.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169964 Jun 25, 2013
Joe fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>. No science needs evidence and there isn't any either way.
Science has all the evidence to disprove all god that theists can imagine up.

If theists god were real, they would not be called religion - they would be accepted as science.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#169965 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>and you want his wrath on you? what a fool
What wrath? What his?

Your empty and meaningless threats are exact that, empty and meaningless threats

However if you get turned on by crapping you pants over a bronze age myth then thatís entirely up to you.

#169966 Jun 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian and the living God was around long before there was even an Egypt. She was present in the garden of Eden. God gave us life and it is in Gods power to take it away.
Yes you have said this before, who cares what you are or how you distort your belief, you make christian proclamations with nothing to back them up. In the words of the late and great Douglas Adams,ďIf it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.Ē

According to the timeline of the Tanakh (and OT) then Egypt far outdated Adam and Eve. Sorry, I did not write the books (nor did I edit them) and any evidence they offer is sadly lacking when compared to fact.

#169967 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I go to a christian doc... atheist are dumb
Ahh right so you prefer bronze age witchcraft, fair enough

I know several doctors, all will tell you the same thing. When you are lying on a trolley with you leg hanging off, not one of you will ever ask about the doctors religious belief.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169968 Jun 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right so you prefer bronze age witchcraft, fair enough
I know several doctors, all will tell you the same thing. When you are lying on a trolley with you leg hanging off, not one of you will ever ask about the doctors religious belief.
same goes for you ... BTW atheist are dumb peeeps

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169969 Jun 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has all the evidence to disprove all god that theists can imagine up.
If theists god were real, they would not be called religion - they would be accepted as science.
your god science can't get the weather right. And has no proof that there is no GOD! if so lets see it... I want real proof!not some pumpkin head science guy out there saying I think so...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#169970 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
I can picture you at the end of your life being like Charles Darwin on his deathbed ... calling out to God for forgiveness for your disrespectfulness to His children.
A story known to be false, by the way.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169971 Jun 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What wrath? What his?
Your empty and meaningless threats are exact that, empty and meaningless threats
However if you get turned on by crapping you pants over a bronze age myth then thatís entirely up to you.
Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons,like you and thinking,Clownie cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself & thinking. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.
ya hear

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169972 Jun 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
A story known to be false, by the way.
you know this how?

Location hidden

#169973 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>your god science can't get the weather right. And has no proof that there is no GOD! if so lets see it... I want real proof!not some pumpkin head science guy out there saying I think so...
Let me stop you right there clowny.

Your cult believed that the earth was flat and had people killed that didn't accept it as flat.

Game over troll.

Location hidden

#169974 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons,like you and thinking,Clownie cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself & thinking. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.
ya hear
When you're brave enough to prove your god, your opinions about reality will matter.

Location hidden

#169975 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know this how?
Evidence, honesty and proof. The things you stand against.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#169978 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know this how?
Answers in Genesis, for one, says the story is false.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2009...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#169980 Jun 25, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are in Hell, you will have eternal painful proof. I've written you off as a permanent idiot.
A real Christian would not post in this manner. You are a fake.

Try taking the plank out of your own eye.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#169981 Jun 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply and laughably false. Science is based on the fact that things exist. You believe this is due to a deity, but that is not a required assumption to be able to do science. In fact, the actual observations of reality often directly contradict the Biblical descriptions.
Yes, science is based on the self evident truth that things exist in a universe that adheres to causality.

Empiricism is founded on that as well.

The problem with atheistic empiricism, is that if can never justify itself above the experiences of the human mind.

So the human mind and its reasoning become the standard by which empiricism is measured.

Would you agree with that.

That the ultimate standard for your "truths" are your senses?

In other words, you can rise no higher than the reliability and capacity of your senses when it comes to measuring the universe.

Now here is the interesting part, what if there is something higher than your senses in your experience that drives how your senses are used?

What if you have an inbuilt desire to see the world contrary to its reality?

What do you do then?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169982 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons,like you and thinking,Clownie cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself & thinking. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.
ya hear
Could you make it a bit more difficult to tell that you use the idea of god to pump up your ego? It's fun decoding and deconstructing fundies, but you make it too easy. "anointed by god to do battle..." "Blessed by god with heavenly knowledge..." Etc. Hilarious.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169983 Jun 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, science is based on the self evident truth that things exist in a universe that adheres to causality.
Empiricism is founded on that as well.
The problem with atheistic empiricism, is that if can never justify itself above the experiences of the human mind.
So the human mind and its reasoning become the standard by which empiricism is measured.
Would you agree with that.
That the ultimate standard for your "truths" are your senses?
In other words, you can rise no higher than the reliability and capacity of your senses when it comes to measuring the universe.
Now here is the interesting part, what if there is something higher than your senses in your experience that drives how your senses are used?
What if you have an inbuilt desire to see the world contrary to its reality?
What do you do then?
What if it doesn't matter if there is something higher than our senses because we can still only see it with our senses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 825,115
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min StarC 582,534
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min gundee123 442,412
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min AN NFL FAN 121,590
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 4 min Paul Porter1 179
More REAL Music: Part II !!! 6 min Doctor REALITY 21
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min Good-Evil 2,960
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,756
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr puspamishra130 190
More from around the web