Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169875 Jun 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing something.
Thousands of years and the beliefs are still here. Those people were just as intelligent and logical, maybe more so, than we are today. Must be something evidence wise to span the generations.
If there must be evidence, then where is it?

San Francisco

#169876 Jun 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>There is all kinds of bullying on the net. One being the coward azzclowns who give all the negative icons and the science bull-$#%T/lies of evolution.
It's a form of bullying having some atheist loser follow you around hanging on to your every word when they haven't got anything to say because they are losers/turds.
They can't handle the fight so the hide behide the screen like little trolls hiding under a bridge..BLOWING EACH-OTHER
Hello fake Christian. I see the Holy Spirit still knows you not. Pity.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169877 Jun 24, 2013
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens in the justice system when a crime is committed, but there is no evidence other than the crime happened?
Then it is stayed until such evidence can be found, or ruled as a mistrial by a higher court.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#169878 Jun 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What preconceptions?
That your reasoning is the standard of all truth...

Location hidden

#169879 Jun 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a closed book.
Science is an ever expanding book.
You make the common mistake of assuming that scientific investigation and the bible are somehow at odds with each other.

Yet science is impossible without the foundation of God as revealed in the bible.

Science is the observation of the universe that God has created.

Not God itself...

Location hidden

#169880 Jun 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Illogicity?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#169881 Jun 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>That your reasoning is the standard of all truth...
MY reasoning?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#169882 Jun 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>You make the common mistake of assuming that scientific investigation and the bible are somehow at odds with each other.

Yet science is impossible without the foundation of God as revealed in the bible.

Science is the observation of the universe that God has created.

Not God itself...
And you don't see that as a preconception?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#169883 Jun 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
Your illogicality is overwhelming.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#169884 Jun 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't go to any doctors then, right?
I mean, if you're sick, it must be gods will, right?
I am "sick" and it probably is Gods will. Isaiah 53:4-6 "Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him and with his stripes, we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all" I have seen the same doctor for 36 years, he is Elijah. He is a child psychiatrist and will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the children to the fathers. Malachi 4:4-6. That is in part what he does for a living. He also believes in me.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#169885 Jun 24, 2013
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens in the justice system when a crime is committed, but there is no evidence other than the crime happened?
They cannot escape the judgment of God. We are all judged when we die and the ruling is final. There are no appeals. God knows everything, even our thoughts.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#169886 Jun 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If there must be evidence, then where is it?
Where you find it.

Your argumentation and base of logic for it is seriously lacking in development.

Stand in the desert and gaze into the distance. If you see large patches of green or along line of trees you see water, the source of life. If you see people living there, then they are smarter than you all alone out in the desert looking at them.

They didn't gather there because there was nothing there.

You may be in there but you don't have the experience of looking back where you were to understand what you have and how you got it. So you mouth BS and criticize that which you don't know. It was always there for you.

Again, you will not understand that and will come back with some stupid pseudo-intellectual dodge or deflection.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#169887 Jun 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>They cannot escape the judgment of God. We are all judged when we die and the ruling is final. There are no appeals. God knows everything, even our thoughts.
they can't escape the judgement of nothing. is what i read that as

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169888 Jun 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Islamic docs?
I prefer christian

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169889 Jun 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello fake Christian. I see the Holy Spirit still knows you not. Pity.
hey gay guy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169890 Jun 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a closed book.
Science is an ever expanding book.
The bible is true! science books tell whoppers

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#169891 Jun 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is true! science books tell whoppers
You will have to admit your delusion someday.

I don't know how old you are, but it won't be long before a statement like "the bible is true", will be enough to get you committed.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169892 Jun 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not physical at all. If a deity created the physical universe and acts empirically upon it, then there should be empirical evidence for that. There isn't. Therefore, there are two possible conclusions:
1) The deity does not or cannot act empirically upon the universe, in which case it is entirely irrelevant to us.
2) There is no deity.
Then stop preaching and making an @55 outta yourself! Make sure to have a nice dinner waiting for your husband on the table...
... and treat him to a sensual and thorough blo-job right afterwards.
He'll appreciate it.

San Francisco

#169893 Jun 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Then stop preaching and making an @55 outta yourself! Make sure to have a nice dinner waiting for your husband on the table...
... and treat him to a sensual and thorough blo-job right afterwards.
He'll appreciate it.
Fake Christians sure like to blaspheme.

San Francisco

#169894 Jun 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you find it.
Your argumentation and base of logic for it is seriously lacking in development.
Stand in the desert and gaze into the distance. If you see large patches of green or along line of trees you see water, the source of life. If you see people living there, then they are smarter than you all alone out in the desert looking at them.
They didn't gather there because there was nothing there.
You may be in there but you don't have the experience of looking back where you were to understand what you have and how you got it. So you mouth BS and criticize that which you don't know. It was always there for you.
Again, you will not understand that and will come back with some stupid pseudo-intellectual dodge or deflection.
I'm laughing at your total cluelessness about me and what my experiences have been, and then pompously telling me I don't understand. You can't see reality because your projected bloated ego gets in the way.

Whatever Dave. No one is asking you to abandon your little echo-chamber. Enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 681,694
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Squirrel Pot Pie 123,016
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min lil whispers 619,443
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 37 min old_moose 6,871
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min Gabriel 982,187
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 184,864
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 286,478
More from around the web