Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256560 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169390 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did all this for you, and yet you come on these threads to insult and ridicule people, thus increasing Jesus' suffering.
Why do you do that?
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?(Matthew 23:33) did Jesus insult????? YES or NO

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169391 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing how you fancy yourself Satan's assistant prosecutor.
:-)
You are easily amused, Dave.
bONGO

Patchogue, NY

#169392 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing how you fancy yourself Satan's assistant prosecutor.
:-)
wildrice, the accuser of the bretheren ?

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#169394 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You are easily amused, Dave.
It's a necessity born out of desperation, Oscar. I don't have a clue when they will be back to pick me up. I hope they didn't get lost or had an accident.

La Veta, CO

#169395 Jun 18, 2013
bONGO wrote:
<quoted text> wildrice, the accuser of the bretheren ?
There are different perspectives of what Satan is and his purpose. One is what you read in Job.

Evidently Oscar feels he has a secure position in the future and is just doing God's work.

Or something like that.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#169396 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No god can be disproved. Therefore, they must all exist?
Everything exists if we fallow bozo rules

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#169397 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mac, how many times have you climbed those stairs with groceries? Even in the rain?
Did you curse the stairs, the rain, or your own inattention and focus at the moment? The last, right?
Those stairs, the rain, and your routine in dealing with them always existed, yet you were introduced into a new relationship with them. The same happened with your arm, right?
<The Dave Nelson> "I could have said random chance and variables are a part of life, but I like word salad....oohh...loook a Hummingbird!"
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#169398 Jun 18, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> God has done all to prove His love for us by sending His Son to earth to be rejected by those He loved and cared for. To die an excruciating death, humiliated before the people He came to forgive yet He did not retaliate. He continues to hold out open arms to anyone who will come to him and will close them around those who come to the cross for forgiveness of their sins. Give him a chance!!!!! he will show you your proof
Says who?
You? Rubbish!

Islam disagrees to the tune of Islam: 1.5 billion Muslims

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adheren...

1.Christianity: 2.1 billion, of which the RCC claims 1.2

2.Islam: 1.5 billion

3.Secular/Nonreligious/Agnosti c/Atheist: 1.1 billion

4.Hinduism: 900 million

5.Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

The selection of gods is extraordinary, which is over 4600k.

Poor Pitiful You, are you laughing now?

You are out numbered by us! LOL

Cult persuasion... Catholic, Protestant, or pick a version yourself. It still does not matter.

The Devil is in the arithmetic.

San Francisco

#169399 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a necessity born out of desperation, Oscar. I don't have a clue when they will be back to pick me up. I hope they didn't get lost or had an accident.
Sorry to hear you are desperate.

Who will pick you up from where now?

San Francisco

#169400 Jun 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> <The Dave Nelson> "I could have said random chance and variables are a part of life, but I like word salad....oohh...loook a Hummingbird!"
I know, right? It's like reading Deepak Chopra. Dumbed down quite a bit.

San Francisco

#169401 Jun 18, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>all you do is insult christians... why
What Christians have I insulted?

San Francisco

#169402 Jun 18, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?(Matthew 23:33) did Jesus insult????? YES or NO
If you read Matthew 23, Jesus insults hypocrites and Pharisees.

Which doesn't look good for you, especially considering that your argument seems to presume that you can act like God, judging and insulting, and get away with it. Do you think you should take the place of Jesus, Clownie?

La Veta, CO

#169403 Jun 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> <The Dave Nelson> "I could have said random chance and variables are a part of life, but I like word salad....oohh...loook a Hummingbird!"
Random chance and variables are figurative terms for things you can't account for. You evidently don't understand them.

Drive by a steep mountainside with loose rocks. There is a random chance one may land on you, but the physical reality is your passing triggered it, adding to another physical action causing such to occur "by chance". The rock may have fallen at another time, but you became part of the local forces when you entered the area.

La Veta, CO

#169404 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear you are desperate.
Who will pick you up from where now?
Can't remember. They dropped me head first. Fuzzy memories.

La Veta, CO

#169405 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? It's like reading Deepak Chopra. Dumbed down quite a bit.
Amusing you think reading is a substitute for thinking. Then you pass judgment on those who don't read the same thing.

Give us some of your original thinking, Oscar. Just a few paragraphs. Not the passing judgment stuff, but how you see things work personally on a physical or spiritual level.

I will bet you can't. It will be nothing but regurgitation of what you have read.

You will totally ignore and dodge that challenge.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169406 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians have I insulted?
if you have ask! You wouldn't understand the answer

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169407 Jun 18, 2013
Clownie is off a few days on vacation... I don't post on these great days...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#169408 Jun 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Your god stood by and let that god loving and fearing little girl be burned alive as a human sacrifice and Jephthah was rewarded greatly for doing it. He could have stopped it with a word and had two months to do it. But then again your god loves the smell of burning flesh and blood so he must have enjoyed that little girl who loved him screaming as she roasted in his honor.

What a dark god you worship.
You lie again.

Prove that she was burnt.

It never says that in the bible.

That's all you do is lie. I pity you and your wormy brain.

Location hidden

#169409 Jun 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't believe that jesus paid for your sins through brutal, torturous sacrifice?
Dolt

Location hidden

#169410 Jun 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Erhm.. It's not "my rule," it's logic.
Your logic is stating if there was a God he must do this. That's rules you are making up and trying to impose on Christians for their God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Matthew Shepard 64,072
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 10 min Knock off purse s... 31
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min LAWEST100 654,058
WHY the Veyron is NOT boss over the Aventador 12 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Mars in Leo 618,740
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min male 106,510
first time anal 29 min andy 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min The Hangman 973,819
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr Clive 80
More from around the web