Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#169192 Jun 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Well, of course you are an experienced troll but I have yet to see you display any inkling of intelligence, I eagerly await you to prove me wrong…"
Lovey, let's get realistic here.
You will accept the opinion of others re intelligence? We know you have issues recognizing it.
I will accept facts not opinions, opinions are like buttholes, we all have one

#169193 Jun 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Well, of course you are an experienced troll but I have yet to see you display any inkling of intelligence, I eagerly await you to prove me wrong…"
Lovey, let's get realistic here.
You will accept the opinion of others re intelligence? We know you have issues recognizing it.
P.S. when you manage to obtain a fact please feel free to let me know.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169194 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will accept facts not opinions, opinions are like buttholes, we all have one
Facts are what you imagine them to be, sweetness. You can supply plenty of them for yourself.

After all, what is the difference between what you dream and what you think when awake? Same body taken care of by the same mind.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#169195 Jun 17, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
have you noticed how mad atheists are all the time?
No I have not...

WHAT I HAVE SEEN:

I have seen HATRED and CONTEMPT from virtually ANY Xtian that bothers to post in a forum where they are not only unnecessary but unwanted. Get thyself to thy holy forums.
You do belong among thinking individuals.

The 'religious' have stunted minds.

Xtians refuse to THINK.

They question NOTHING.

They BELIEVE every silly thing they're cults teach and preach.

I find each religious poster to be:
Reality Challenged, Fact Allergic and Brainwashed into organized superstition aka RELIGION.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#169196 Jun 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
It happened again yesterday, the mysterious deflection of weather from this little town.
For a half hour I watched a severe T-storm approach with lots of hail in it on radar. But instead of it diverting about 5 miles out, this time it just kind of fizzled out while it passed over and started again after it did. I watched the radar and it was still organized up to a mile away, very red and violet. Then we just got a few drops as it passed over, where it resumed its intensity. It was a large storm.
The same thing seems to happen where I live. Go a bit north or south, and they get these tremendous storms. Here, we get a couple of bits of rain and perhaps some lightning that lasts a few minutes.
Is it my deodorant?
I do appreciate not having the wicked hail storms, though.
I grew up in central Kansas and we had some amazing storms there. I truthfully miss them. The ones around here are paltry compared to what I grew up with.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169197 Jun 17, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you called that atheist out on that. I read on another atheist forum where he claimed that atheists don't blame God for bad things. You and I just proved him a liar.
Now that we agree on this, watch them call us sock puppets. They just are such a paranoid bunch.
Have you notice when we get to them with a good come back or witty post, how mad they get and claim you can;t be a christian! and talk to us weak atheist like that!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169198 Jun 17, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have not...
WHAT I HAVE SEEN:
I have seen HATRED and CONTEMPT from virtually ANY Xtian that bothers to post in a forum where they are not only unnecessary but unwanted. Get thyself to thy holy forums.
You do belong among thinking individuals.
The 'religious' have stunted minds.
Xtians refuse to THINK.
They question NOTHING.
They BELIEVE every silly thing they're cults teach and preach.
I find each religious poster to be:
Reality Challenged, Fact Allergic and Brainwashed into organized superstition aka RELIGION.
atheist believe in nothing !!!!!! how dumb is that??? but yet blame everything bad in the world on GOD...

Location hidden

#169199 Jun 17, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing seems to happen where I live. Go a bit north or south, and they get these tremendous storms. Here, we get a couple of bits of rain and perhaps some lightning that lasts a few minutes.
<quoted text>
I grew up in central Kansas and we had some amazing storms there. I truthfully miss them. The ones around here are paltry compared to what I grew up with.
I posted a link a few days ago to a CNN photo gallery of black and white photos of some of those Plains storms. Really dramatic looking, something you can only see on the Plains or a mountain looking over them.

I grew up in S. Florida where we had some very impressive lightning storms and deluges, but the lay of the land didn't let you see them at a distance. Those couldn't match these Plains storms for wind ferocity, though.

This area, about 80 miles from the Rockies, seems to be the mixing bowl that creates those Kansas storms. SW winds with moisture scooting around the south of the Rockies, winds coming off the Rockies, and cooler air from the north. You look up and see clouds heading in all sorts of directions.

Big hail storms can be real impressive.
Thinking

London, UK

#169200 Jun 17, 2013
I never said being christian stops anyone from committing attrocities.

Hitler is a great example of this.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Have you notice when we get to them with a good come back or witty post, how mad they get and claim you can;t be a christian! and talk to us weak atheist like that!
LCN Lincoln

United States

#169201 Jun 17, 2013
It has been 50 years since the Supreme Court banned school-sponsored prayer. But God and faith are probably present in more ways now than ever in public school

• "See You at the Pole" began in Texas with 10 Christian students praying around their school flagpole in 1990. It has blossomed into a yearly ritual involving 1 million to 2 million public school students nationwide meeting on a designated September morning before class.

• Informal Bible study groups have proliferated, judging from anecdotal reports, sometimes meeting on campus, sometimes at a coffee shop or someone's home.

#169202 Jun 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are what you imagine them to be, sweetness. You can supply plenty of them for yourself.
After all, what is the difference between what you dream and what you think when awake? Same body taken care of by the same mind.
Nope, fact is fact, imagination has nothing to do with fact and your statement highlights one major limitation of davesworld when compared to reality.

The difference - what you dream you have no control over, a waking thought you have control over and can direct.

I have seen it the difference identified as

A dream is uncontrolled thought.

A thought is a controlled dream.

#169203 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Have you notice when we get to them with a good come back or witty post, how mad they get and claim you can;t be a christian! and talk to us weak atheist like that!
Say what? Never happened and as far as I can ascertain can never happen. For one you need some intelligence to come up with a witty comment and even more intelligence to come up with a good post.

Certainly most of the godbots I know on here are incapable although there are a few (very few) that can and do

#169204 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist believe in nothing !!!!!! how dumb is that??? but yet blame everything bad in the world on GOD...
Nope, you do that. You believe in a myth, a nothing.

Think of the definition, how can you blame something that you don’t believe. Of course youe dunning kruger stupidity prevents you seeing the incongruity of your illogical statement.

Location hidden

#169205 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, fact is fact, imagination has nothing to do with fact and your statement highlights one major limitation of davesworld when compared to reality.
The difference - what you dream you have no control over, a waking thought you have control over and can direct.
I have seen it the difference identified as
A dream is uncontrolled thought.
A thought is a controlled dream.
Same source.

There is plenty of crossover of what you said, so that is not an accurate description.
Thinking

London, UK

#169206 Jun 17, 2013
Parochial pap.
LCN Lincoln wrote:
It has been 50 years since the Supreme Court banned school-sponsored prayer. But God and faith are probably present in more ways now than ever in public school
• "See You at the Pole" began in Texas with 10 Christian students praying around their school flagpole in 1990. It has blossomed into a yearly ritual involving 1 million to 2 million public school students nationwide meeting on a designated September morning before class.
• Informal Bible study groups have proliferated, judging from anecdotal reports, sometimes meeting on campus, sometimes at a coffee shop or someone's home.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#169207 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist believe in nothing !!!!!! how dumb is that??? but yet blame everything bad in the world on GOD...
You need to grab one of those biblical witches, borrow her broom, and head to the nearest library.

I would say that any supernatural entity does not exist, that religious faith is a serious mind-altering delusion.
You are fixated on a false belief.
The daily news always contains some horrific act committed in the name of some God.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169208 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you do that. You believe in a myth, a nothing.
Think of the definition, how can you blame something that you don’t believe. Of course youe dunning kruger stupidity prevents you seeing the incongruity of your illogical statement.
Matthew 5:11-12

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

THANKS CHRISTINE FOR THE HELP!!!! YOU"RE THE BEST

YOURS TRULY
BROTHER CLOWNIE

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169209 Jun 17, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to grab one of those biblical witches, borrow her broom, and head to the nearest library.
I would say that any supernatural entity does not exist, that religious faith is a serious mind-altering delusion.
You are fixated on a false belief.
The daily news always contains some horrific act committed in the name of some God.
Matthew 5:11-12

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

THANKS BUDDY FOR YOU HELP
Thinking

London, UK

#169210 Jun 17, 2013
Problem is, by definition, Clunt will never realise how sh!t he is.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
..dunning kruger...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#169211 Jun 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorta like an old drug from the late 1800's to early 1900's...
<Physician> "Administer The Dave Nelson to the patient..."
<The Dave Nelson> "It's about time... Well you see I was thinking about the thingies that other people don't dare to think of because they only occur to, and are only known to me, and I began to ponder the fuzzy texture of my belly button lint and how it mimicked the very nature of reality or something like that. You see, all lint is something unique to each person, in that it happens to some people and they are aware, and some are not so aware of it, not in any major way. I however, am acutely aware of the lint in my belly button and it's this keen perception I have that causes my brain energies to..."
<Patient> "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE NO MORE... GIVE ME SHOCK THERAPY!... I"LL DO ANYTHING, ICE BATHS, BLOOD LETTING, LOBOTOMY!... I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT ... I'LL SIGN ANYTHING JUST PLEASE NO MORE OF THE DAVE NELSON! "
<Physician> "Very well, Mr. Ripper..."
<quoted text>
It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see I am responsible for an increase in electrical activity in Scar's brain, causing bursts of creativity he would otherwise be lacking. Perhaps in time this increase will become a continuous flow.
I have always been good about resurrecting dead machines. Pulled many a dead device out of trash piles and made them live again. I'm a Jesus of the junkpile. Another few jolts and Scar may come to life permanently.
ZAP!!! It's alive!!!
<The Dave Nelson> "Damn him"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min yon 3,124
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Insults Are Easier 259,598
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Catcher1 739,735
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min mdbuilder 173,715
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min abcd 865
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min New Age Spiritual... 542,821
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min blck Thndr 42 601,125
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••