Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169010 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>If you use hummingbird feeders, take them down September 1.
Otherwise the birds are apt to stay around too late, and starve on the way South.
They leave when they want to leave. They know better than us, they have been doing it for a while.

I've watched them come and go for 10 years. Seems they all pack up and leave at the same time. They left late Sept last year. Had a straggler or two stop by and keep going. Have seen them all disappear overnight in late August. Have seen them come swarming in the Spring by the hundreds when I lived in their migration path. There are not enough flowers that early to support them.

There is a huge area around the Mexican border, and the Gulf of Mexico itself that are not known for an abundance of daffodils or other such flowers. They follow the stream and river beds when the winter runoff starts and the bugs start blooming, and spread out from there. Bugs start decreasing and they bug out.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#169013 Jun 15, 2013
Certainly my skills are above yours and for all your atheist bashing you sure are fast to beg help from atheists.

Hypocrite.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>"Us"?

Who is "us", GML?

Are you associating yourself with grownups with skills?

Location hidden

#169015 Jun 15, 2013
"Another of the untrue facts about hummingbirds: keeping your feeders out too long in the fall will upset the hummingbirds' normal migration pattern.

The hummingbird migration is causes by hormonal changes that take place within the hummingbird's body. These hormonal changes are triggered by the changing length of daylight. Since it is the shorter hours of daylight in the fall that causes the hummingbirds to migrate, you don't have to worry that keeping your feeders out too long in the fall will cause the birds to hang around and not migrate.

Many species of Hummingbirds that migrate to the United States must travel very long distances from Mexico and Central America to get here. Many Ruby-throated Hummingbirds must travel 2,000 miles to go from Panama to their destination in Canada.

One of the most incredible facts about hummingbirds is that this 2,000 mile journey will also include a 500 mile non-stop flight to cross the Gulf of Mexico."

http://howtoenjoyhummingbirds.com/

Wildfires and droughts and human denuding of the landscape affects the plant life more than the animal life. Plants are notorious for NOT running real fast. However, bugs are always around. I don't care what anyone says, bugs are the prime diet for hummingbirds.

Location hidden

#169016 Jun 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Certainly my skills are above yours and for all your atheist bashing you sure are fast to beg help from atheists.
Hypocrite.
<quoted text>
Wash your hands. Momma should be setting the table soon.

Louisville, KY

#169017 Jun 15, 2013
Unable to answer my point. I see I have stumped you as usual.

Are you having a senile hallucination that you are a little boy and mom is cooking for you?

Sad senile old Dave.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Wash your hands. Momma should be setting the table soon.

Location hidden

#169018 Jun 15, 2013
Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe we could ruin them too and make them pets, like we have done dogs and cats. Imagine that, a domestic hummingbird for a pet.
They lose their fear of humans. You can stand right next to them while they feed, and it is said they can be hand fed. I've had them a foot in front of my face staring at me. I've seen them stare down cats hovering a few inches more than that.

Funny thing I saw a couple of nights ago. I have a feeder right outside my dining room window. Just inches away. They feed real heavy just before it gets dark. They feed later than any other bird I have noticed. A female flew down and perched on it, just sitting there. A male came by a few times trying to put the make on her, and a younger male tried his hand, too. They buzz around real close. She just sat there looking up to the sky disinterested. The older male landed and fed a few times, trying to strike up a conversation, the younger male once. She just sat there looking bored. This went on about 20 minutes. She took a sip of her drink about 3 times during the whole event. Finally she flew off. Dave's Hummingbird Lounge at Happy Hour.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169019 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Why are they christian?
God does take care of them

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169020 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.
Science sh*ts on your cult every day with REAL evidence, instead of blind lunacy. You are using science to type your sh*t in the atheist forum you stupid clown.
Dude you can never trust a atheist azzlicker like you. You will tell fabuously exaggerated stories, because youse a PATHELOGICAL liar. Never never do I believe the bull hockey you posts as the truth. Guys like you tell stories to make believe you know something... 8-9-10 I win LMAO!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169021 Jun 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope science has provided myriad lines of irrefutable proof and you, with nothing but a twice complied and much edited book and absolutely no evidence cry because you have nothing to counter that proof.
The clincher is that you actually use some of that proof to claim no proof.
Hypocrite much?
I schooled you on just about every ignit comment you have made. Should I post it all over again? Do you really want someone to tear apart the above comment too? Get off the forum it is not for you. Even the trolls here have more brains then you.

CLOWNIE OWNAGE

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169023 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I wish there was a forum with intelligent atheists to discuss religion and the such. Not these with such emotional and/or mental problems.
Makes you wonder why God, or the BBT, couldn't supply them.
Must be some design defect slipped in somewhere along the line in the last several years.
AKA - I wish there was a forum full of atheists who would be willing to convert after reading my ramblings on EM and jesus.

Location hidden

#169024 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
I wish there was a forum with intelligent atheists to discuss religion and the such. Not these with such emotional and/or mental problems.
Makes you wonder why God, or the BBT, couldn't supply them.
Must be some design defect slipped in somewhere along the line in the last several years.
<quoted text>
This is a social club for atheists, Hukt?
Is that why they respond to my posts like you just did?
BTW, the same can be said about the issues Topix atheists have with seeing any sign of religion in public. They start shaking and foaming at the mouth. Then they post on here.
Look at the heading. It is a question, not a sign saying Topix Atheist Bar & Grill.
Really now.
I will read any intelligent response you may come up with tomorrow.
Good night.
Why can't these dumb atheists just accept the coming theocracy?

Location hidden

#169025 Jun 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup then he sent his only son to pay for all of those sins so everyone can go to heaven. Oh I'm sorry you didn't want to share this part did you. Sorry to wreck your soap box speech.
Did you know that you believe in a human sacrifice cult? Many christians seem oblivious to the fact that they believe wholeheartedly in the concept of substitutional atonement - really, you guys aren't much better than the south american human sacrifice nonsense.

Location hidden

#169026 Jun 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
See God gave you freedom of choice.
Therefore he had to also provide the choices. Would not be much of a gift if he gave you freedom of choice when there was no choice would it?
Didn't really think that one through too well did ya?
There's no such thing as freedom of choice in a universe governed by an omnipotent, omniscient deity.

Location hidden

#169027 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would show up after I said goodnight.
As usual, you misunderstand the reason I posted that, and as usual you go off on some delusional tangent, completely ignoring it. Probably scares you.
But anyhow, if ever a feeling like that should suddenly grab you, you should immediately shut your mouth and quit showing your ass. Someone, or something, may be coming in there. It won't be what you are used to.
You are sooo flucking easy.
Now I will go to sleep. Goodnight
Dave, I used to think that you were just a goofball, but now it seems you are legitimately crazy. Are you so scared of death that you have to invent these afterlife fantasies? Do you really think you're going to become a roving EM ball after you die, free to "possess" people and live through them?

Location hidden

#169028 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What question, except for the one I asked you?
"
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes you have made a jackass out of yourself as usual so we understand.
Take care of that head injury and try to keep yourself in dry unsoiled pants now.
<quoted text>
:-)
I can assume you have never had one of those feelings where you feel someone staring at you, or you get goosebumps out of nowhere.
Am I right? "
Then you had your mother answer the phone to avoid it.
Poor GML. A scared little boy terrified by the unknown that he whistles louder than anyone by the graveyard. He forces himself to put on a big front of being so knowledgeable and so cool, and so in the know. Just like many adolescents do. His fear has stunted his development.
You can choke to death reading this, young puppy. You will be facing mortality for real. Your illusions will vanish. You will have no place to go, and no knowledge how to get there. Your game will end.
You are of the age where god consciousness tends to develop in men. Perhaps you will start thinking more seriously about your mortality and purpose in this existence instead of dancing away from terrifying thoughts with a wave of the hand and flip words like a scared girl who found herself in a situation she can't handle.
Your bluster and bullshit won't work.
It's funny that you accuse other people of being scared of death.

Location hidden

#169029 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Christian as you think. I became Christian oriented as far as ethos and cosmology on an intellectual basis. I don't see Jesus as a god, but as another human who had an insight into what this existence is about, and made the ultimate statement. I am very much on his side, and would even do battle along his side, but I am an independent operator.
Simply put, I believe in what he said, not in him as a god. I think he would agree with that.
You would do battle on his side? How sweet.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#169031 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They leave when they want to leave. They know better than us, they have been doing it for a while.
I've watched them come and go for 10 years. Seems they all pack up and leave at the same time. They left late Sept last year. Had a straggler or two stop by and keep going. Have seen them all disappear overnight in late August. Have seen them come swarming in the Spring by the hundreds when I lived in their migration path. There are not enough flowers that early to support them.
There is a huge area around the Mexican border, and the Gulf of Mexico itself that are not known for an abundance of daffodils or other such flowers. They follow the stream and river beds when the winter runoff starts and the bugs start blooming, and spread out from there. Bugs start decreasing and they bug out.
<The Dave Nelson> "I'm a Hummingbird whisperer"

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#169032 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They lose their fear of humans. You can stand right next to them while they feed, and it is said they can be hand fed. I've had them a foot in front of my face staring at me. I've seen them stare down cats hovering a few inches more than that.
Funny thing I saw a couple of nights ago. I have a feeder right outside my dining room window. Just inches away. They feed real heavy just before it gets dark. They feed later than any other bird I have noticed. A female flew down and perched on it, just sitting there. A male came by a few times trying to put the make on her, and a younger male tried his hand, too. They buzz around real close. She just sat there looking up to the sky disinterested. The older male landed and fed a few times, trying to strike up a conversation, the younger male once. She just sat there looking bored. This went on about 20 minutes. She took a sip of her drink about 3 times during the whole event. Finally she flew off. Dave's Hummingbird Lounge at Happy Hour.
<The Dave Nelson> 'Hummm..Humminahumina...Hummm "

United States

#169033 Jun 15, 2013
Lol! Classic!
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>AKA - I wish there was a forum full of atheists who would be willing to convert after reading my ramblings on EM and jesus.

United States

#169034 Jun 15, 2013
I wonder if he knows about the millions and millions of deaths on the hands of the Tzar? Lol!
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that you believe in a human sacrifice cult? Many christians seem oblivious to the fact that they believe wholeheartedly in the concept of substitutional atonement - really, you guys aren't much better than the south american human sacrifice nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min bacon hater 95,424
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Truth 542,045
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 259,150
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 738,611
Last Word + 2 8 min Mike Allen 688
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 12 min JSarah 92
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min yon 3,044
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 600,985
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••