Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#168953 Jun 14, 2013
I could release them on my porch!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168954 Jun 14, 2013
Prolly not a good idea.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168955 Jun 15, 2013
Had I done that yesterday, I coulda pretended to be Noah.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168956 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I could release them on my porch!
I caught one in a cabinet, in a pot. I put a lid on it and took it outside to the street , I left the door open.
I then let it go. That rascal beat me back to the house and went right in the door and into the closet into a hole.
Never again. Almost as bad as catching a bat and putting it in a bird cage.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168959 Jun 15, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>The rat simply proved that it was smarter than you. That happens to you here all of the time.
It wasn't a rat, it was also 25 years ago.
You're a troll and I'm out of here.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#168960 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I recently adopted two orphaned white-footed mice.
I was moving a huge pile of brush and tree limbs at my sister's house. Their mother was crushed by a tractor and they were almost stepped on.
Fed them kitten formula from a pipette for close to two weeks. They opened their eyes 3 and 4 days in. One of them had a broke rear leg, or if not broke, it was lame at least. It's all healed up now though.
That was three weeks ago so I'm guessing they're around 5 weeks old. They're weaned and ready for release.
Now... you tell me...
Do I sound like I'm gonna shoot a deer?
LOL!
I did that with a coupla orphaned rabbit kits once.

But I do love venison...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168961 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I caught one in a cabinet, in a pot. I put a lid on it and took it outside to the street , I left the door open.
I then let it go. That rascal beat me back to the house and went right in the door and into the closet into a hole.
Never again. Almost as bad as catching a bat and putting it in a bird cage.
LOL!

It's said they [can] come home from half a mile away. Many reports say [WILL].

In capital letters... just like those.

Did you actually catch a bat and put in a bird cage?

That WAS once a popular misconception.

J/K

=P

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168963 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't a rat, it was also 25 years ago.
You're a troll and I'm out of here.
JML a-l-m-o-s-t had ya didn't he?

<scooby laugh>

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168964 Jun 15, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>or Cain.
Okay.

Cain.

Now what?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#168965 Jun 15, 2013
Travel to the land of Nodd and take a wife there.... Except your family back home is supposed to be the only people on Earth.... Yet somehow when walking around the Garden Of Eden Adam recognizes the fully formed nation of Assyria on it's border....

Cough cough, editor please?
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.

Cain.

Now what?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168966 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I did that with a coupla orphaned rabbit kits once.
But I do love venison...
How'd it go with the rabbits?

My uncle (Dad's youngest brother) still hunts. He visits a few times a year. He always brings a bag full of jerky. A big one.

That stuff is AWESOME!

Not really comparing it with venison in terms of awesomeness.

Just saying...

That stuff is AWESOME!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168967 Jun 15, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>The rat simply proved that it was smarter than you. That happens to you here all of the time.
You're a rat?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168968 Jun 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Travel to the land of Nodd and take a wife there.... Except your family back home is supposed to be the only people on Earth.... Yet somehow when walking around the Garden Of Eden Adam recognizes the fully formed nation of Assyria on it's border....
Cough cough, editor please?
<quoted text>
Ahhh!

I see.

Adam was really Dr. Who.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#168969 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know! It's a curse.
I called the vet. Not for them... but rather to see what there might be to worry about with regard to my health.
Technician: "Dude! Get rid of 'em! They'll kill your whole family!"
If was going to keep them, I'd maybe name one of them 'Hanta'... thanks to the vet's good advice... advice that otherwise went ignored.
I didn't *want* any mice, still don't, and definitely can't keep these >>> One of each; male and female. As I gather, they won't care... if'n ya know what I mean.
I've learned plenty about mice in the last few weeks. Interesting stuff... in so far as critters go. They're fun to watch. Little clowns is what they are.
While I'm already talking about 'em...
They occasionally scratch, much like a dog will, with a rear leg. When they do, it makes humming noise... more audible or less depending on what they're situated upon. Sometimes they'd make a noise sounding more like a buzzing bee. By the time I peered into the tank to see what was going on, it'd be over... they'd quit.
Looked it up on line >>> "buzzing mice"
Came across video of a white-footed mouse, not in captivity, making the noise. They do it with their front feet ("hands"). The behavior is called "drumming" and is theorized to be a form communication or perhaps a hunting strategy (to scare bugs into motion).
The little buggers responded to the video! The enclosure's sitting right next to the downstairs computer. We buzzed back and forth for a few minutes then they quit.
Apparently, I can't maintain my end of an intelligent conversation with a mouse either.
I had the snake for almost 3 years.

You were speaking about mice and in order to feed my snake I had to buy white mice or (lab mice) to feed him. they cost $.25 each. And one mouse was one week worth of food for that snake.

I would buy the mouse turn it loose in the basement and wait till I saw a mouse size lump about an inch behind the snakes head.

This gradually grew smaller down the length of his body and eventually disappeared - it was time for a new mouse!

PS: Mom never liked that snake but she did like the fact that we had absolutely not one bug in the basement of our home during his tenure there!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#168970 Jun 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the snake for almost 3 years.
You were speaking about mice and in order to feed my snake I had to buy white mice or (lab mice) to feed him. they cost $.25 each. And one mouse was one week worth of food for that snake.
I would buy the mouse turn it loose in the basement and wait till I saw a mouse size lump about an inch behind the snakes head.
This gradually grew smaller down the length of his body and eventually disappeared - it was time for a new mouse!
PS: Mom never liked that snake but she did like the fact that we had absolutely not one bug in the basement of our home during his tenure there!
thats nasty having a snake shit in your house

Location hidden

#168971 Jun 15, 2013
40 by Any Other Name wrote:
<quoted text>
The hole you dug around the window is a pool looking for an opening...those ugly plastic covers for window wells shed water...bank soil that is clay rich(purposely) to create a slope away from the foundation...and gutters with downspouts can keep the basement/crawl space dryer. Much easier/better to keep the water out of that space than to try to get it out once in.
I found that out the hard way. Curiously, for some time before I dug it out, which I had to because I replaced the window, it was several inches above the bottom of the window, and mostly turf, and it never leaked. Then a freak T-storm hit. I wasn't the only one that got flooded that day. I concreted and cleared and that worked yesterday. Gutters would be a very good idea.

That seepage yesterday may be because I dug up around the water pipe coming in a couple of years ago and the loosening of the soil allowed the water to seep in. However, it has rained a few times since and never leaked. But the right combos of wind direction and speed make a big difference here.

I have been thinking of building a little greenhouse out from that window which would keep the water from pooling and give a place for houseplants during the winter. That may be the best thing to solve that problem.

My biggest fear is of the water line bursting, though.

That side of the house is where most of the wind and rain comes from. The whole yard on that side has raised two to 8 inches in the last 20 years when it was built. I can tell by the popup sprinklers that got really buried since then, and the depth of the turf. It is a foot thick. This dirt is the damndest stuff I have ever seen. Makes the slipperiest mud I have ever tried to walk on when wet, and hard as a brick when dry, and as fine as talcum powder. Millions of years of winds blowing mountains, buffalo dookey, and everything else across the landscape from what I understand. My first time living in the Plains. Wasn't aware of the dust and stuff.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#168972 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd it go with the rabbits?
My uncle (Dad's youngest brother) still hunts. He visits a few times a year. He always brings a bag full of jerky. A big one.
That stuff is AWESOME!
Not really comparing it with venison in terms of awesomeness.
Just saying...
That stuff is AWESOME!
Oh, they got old enough to release.

And I've been a hunter most of my life, until I moved to Florida, and saw what they use for deer here.

I've seen bigger German Shepherds. I'm kinda ashamed to shoot at them.

I'm used to Pennsylvania deer - even the does can dress out at near 200 lbs.

Location hidden

#168973 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know! It's a curse.
I called the vet. Not for them... but rather to see what there might be to worry about with regard to my health.
Technician: "Dude! Get rid of 'em! They'll kill your whole family!"
If was going to keep them, I'd maybe name one of them 'Hanta'... thanks to the vet's good advice... advice that otherwise went ignored.
I didn't *want* any mice, still don't, and definitely can't keep these >>> One of each; male and female. As I gather, they won't care... if'n ya know what I mean.
I've learned plenty about mice in the last few weeks. Interesting stuff... in so far as critters go. They're fun to watch. Little clowns is what they are.
While I'm already talking about 'em...
They occasionally scratch, much like a dog will, with a rear leg. When they do, it makes humming noise... more audible or less depending on what they're situated upon. Sometimes they'd make a noise sounding more like a buzzing bee. By the time I peered into the tank to see what was going on, it'd be over... they'd quit.
Looked it up on line >>> "buzzing mice"
Came across video of a white-footed mouse, not in captivity, making the noise. They do it with their front feet ("hands"). The behavior is called "drumming" and is theorized to be a form communication or perhaps a hunting strategy (to scare bugs into motion).
The little buggers responded to the video! The enclosure's sitting right next to the downstairs computer. We buzzed back and forth for a few minutes then they quit.
Apparently, I can't maintain my end of an intelligent conversation with a mouse either.
You are unlikely to have much problem there, but live in New Mexico for a while and the sight of a mouse can initiate a panic attack. People die every year from hantavirus there. All you have to do is walk into an area where the mice carry it and breathe the air. Lots of old adobe houses where they have lived for a while in enclosed areas. It tends to kill older and unhealthier people. Like me.

They also have bubonic plague appearing every year. Prairie dogs, mostly.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#168974 Jun 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>thats nasty having a snake shit in your house
Not really, ;)

Our home was built in 1903.

Stone foundation, Cement floor, drain, coal furnace, coal bin w/chute.

Basements in those days were work areas. There was always coal dust and ash to deal with in the winter. Stationary tubs next to ringer washer with outlets to flush the floor.

We bathed our dogs here.

Unlike the 'modern' homes of today - that fall apart in the wind, and you can put your hand through the wall board - everything is pre-fab on a concrete block foundation...

Aarrgghh

These homes were built to last a lifetime and they do!

Skilled carpenters, plasterers, stone makers, constructed these homes. They were craftsmen.

Now homes are assembled much like childhood building blocks.

We don't need these skills any longer.

We want our homes built in 30 days or less, All glitz No substance.

Modern Homes have become as disposable as automobiles.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#168975 Jun 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quel âge etes tu?
Je n'ai jamais compris tap comme une forme d'art.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rzy2wZSg5ZMXX
Voici un petit quelque chose drôle samedi après-midi. ;)

Un ivrogne décalés dans la rue principale de la ville. Il réussit à faire monter les escaliers à la cathédrale et à l'entrée, où il s'est écraséà partir de banc à banc, enfin faire son chemin à un bas-côté et dans un confessionnal.

Un prêtre avait observé tout cela, et compris le bonhomme avait besoin d'aide, alors il est entré de son côté du confessionnal. Après le prêtre assis là dans un silence de mort, il demanda enfin:«Puis-je vous aider, mon fils?"

«Je ne sais pas," fit la voix de l'ivrogne derrière la cloison.«Vous avez tout papier de votre côté?"

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Tide with Beach 778,808
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 265,477
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min mike 605,358
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Tony17 560,573
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 175,784
Gay snapchat names 48 min addictive420 182
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,390
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 19 hr risque 137
More from around the web