Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#168907 Jun 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Holy mackerel. Had more water dumped in the last few minutes than almost the whole past year. Maybe it will keep the dust down for a day or two.
At least it is small hail with it. So far.
Water on Mars not mentioned in the bible.

Mars not mentioned in the bible.

Location hidden

#168908 Jun 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been meaning to put one in. I may move that up from the back burner.
Wasn't a bad leak, just surprising.
The dirt outside the basement window had piled up like 8 inches since it was built. Last year I dug it clear and went another 6 or so below it. Then shortly after we had a wicked rainstorm that filled that hole up and into my basement. I had to wet vac a couple of inches up. I then cleared and made better drainage for that hole. Now this.
For 20 years the water gods have been after my ass with the oddest little things.
Stop interfering with gods plan. How do you know he wasn't trying another noah?

Location hidden

#168909 Jun 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist have no proof... science has tried but failed
YEA JESUS CHRIST
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.

Science sh*ts on your cult every day with REAL evidence, instead of blind lunacy. You are using science to type your sh*t in the atheist forum you stupid clown.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#168910 Jun 14, 2013
You worship some random Palestinian dudes who penned the Jesus myth?

Oh well this is senile Dave we are talking about.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>We all have our different perspectives and definitions of what we believe.

I worship the creator of Jesus, who is the creator of us all. And the way I do so will not fit any book you read.

I do not worship words. They are the creation of men. Substitutes for material idols. Easy for the unwary to get trapped into it.

The Truth is inside you and everyone. Follow your conscience and you do what is expected of you by that force. Anything else is the trappings of a material existence and a second guessing of that which you can't know.

It all comes out in the wash.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#168911 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Is everyone getting deluged with rain?
Painted a porch yesterday. It was nice all day long. Spent most it cutting in... and maybe 20 min rolling. As soon as the deck was nice and wet with paint, the sky fell on it. The wind kicked up pretty good and added a fair amount of yard debris along with all the rain.
The porch has a "natural" look to it.
Realtree® camo?
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#168912 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Is everyone getting deluged with rain?
Painted a porch yesterday. It was nice all day long. Spent most it cutting in... and maybe 20 min rolling. As soon as the deck was nice and wet with paint, the sky fell on it. The wind kicked up pretty good and added a fair amount of yard debris along with all the rain.
The porch has a "natural" look to it.
God "works in mysterious ways".
You must have irritated him again.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#168913 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>That was 'Sam the Spammer'.

He's posted that at least five times now, that I've noticed.

Dude must be r-e-e-e-e-e-a-l-l-y be proud of it.
I see.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#168914 Jun 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Realtree® camo?
Genuine and authentic... The real McCoy!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168916 Jun 14, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
God "works in mysterious ways".
You must have irritated him again.
I irritated him?

The old coot owes me 2 gallons of exterior latex!

Especially after he promised, all those years ago, to never do that again.

It's a porch fer Christ's sake... not an ark!
Lincoln

United States

#168921 Jun 14, 2013
The six month anniversary of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School will be marked this Friday with private and public events.

The Newtown Interfaith Clergy Association has an event planned for Friday night at Fairfield Hills, where residents and visitors of all ages are invited to gather at the soccer fields at 7:30. The fields were the same location of vigils one week, and then two weeks after 12/14, when hundreds of people bundled in winter clothes, fighting tears and bracing temperatures, and cupping their hands around candles in an attempt to bring light into the dark.

This week’s vigil is being called a gathering, A Community-Wide Gathering For Healing and Hope-Building.

The event will be “a time of prayer, song, community and care,” according to organizers, on the six-month anniversary of 12/14. All are invited to share in a time of remembrance, hope, and healing.

“Members of the community including people representing town, school, and other local organizations including first responders and police” are planning to participate, according to Newtown Congregational Church Senior Pastor Matthew Crebbin. Members of the clergy will also participate.

“We will have representatives from the various churches including our Christian community and Islamic society, Jewish, and other faith traditions” all represented, he said this week.

Special events for Newtown residents have slowed in recent months, but they have continued. There have been fundraisers, concerts, dinners, marches and protests, and countless special events.

Residents have tried to be kind to each other, and others have made a point to wear special wristbands, or pins, or even a limited edition nail polish, in an effort to bond together, find strength, to heal.

Newtown’s clergy association has begun offering monthly interfaith gatherings. Friday, June 14, will be the first vigil, or prayer event, or solemn gathering specifically to mark an anniversary of 12/14 in a few months, however.

“I think we recognize that anniversaries bring up all kinds of feelings and emotions for people. What we recognize is that for some people, they would rather not even acknowledge an anniversary, and for others it’s very important to have something,” said Rev Crebbin.“For the clergy, we recognize that many people are in many different places for people on their journey.

“For some, the grief is still very, very raw. Others may be trying to figure out different ways to transition into what life after December 14 is all about,” he added.“What we’re trying to acknowledge is that we can all be in different places, but we are still a community. We are all on the same journey.”

All are welcome to Friday night’s event. Attendees should bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.

There will also be an opportunity for those gathered to add messages to banners that will be sent to Oklahoma, to send hope to those affected by last month’s fatal tornadoes.

In the event of rain, the gathering will be in the sanctuary of Newtown Congregational Church, at 14 West Street.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168922 Jun 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been meaning to put one in. I may move that up from the back burner.
Wasn't a bad leak, just surprising.
The dirt outside the basement window had piled up like 8 inches since it was built. Last year I dug it clear and went another 6 or so below it. Then shortly after we had a wicked rainstorm that filled that hole up and into my basement. I had to wet vac a couple of inches up. I then cleared and made better drainage for that hole. Now this.
For 20 years the water gods have been after my ass with the oddest little things.
Put some firmament in it to separate the water from the water, and add a few pillars, and plug a few portals ...should be fine then...lol

Location hidden

#168923 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I irritated him?
The old coot owes me 2 gallons of exterior latex!
Especially after he promised, all those years ago, to never do that again.
It's a porch fer Christ's sake... not an ark!

I would believe it was gods fault.... if it was an indoor job.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#168924 Jun 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.
Science sh*ts on your cult every day with REAL evidence, instead of blind lunacy. You are using science to type your sh*t in the atheist forum you stupid clown.
I want real, bonafide proof ... not the hateful, pathetic, gibberish you're putting out.. come on science give me proof if you can!!!!! I didn't think so...

Location hidden

#168925 Jun 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Put some firmament in it to separate the water from the water, and add a few pillars, and plug a few portals ...should be fine then...lol
I think I will settle for some plastic to channel the water away for the night. May have a lot more coming. Those things take days, even for gods.

Got my furnace and water heater down there. Ugh.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168926 Jun 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I would believe it was gods fault.... if it was an indoor job.
Shhhhh!

(don't give him any ideas... bedrooms are next)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168927 Jun 14, 2013
In any case, I did try and "communicate" with God about the porch.

Admittedly, my tact could probably use a little improvement.
Lincoln

United States

#168929 Jun 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I want real, bonafide proof ... not the hateful, pathetic, gibberish you're putting out.. come on science give me proof if you can!!!!! I didn't think so...
troll is in the land of the Establish Church of England, this according to the other troll.
Bishops in the House of Lords, What!
Cheers

The Borderland of Sol

#168930 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Genuine and authentic... The real McCoy!
Laffin. Should make a good deer blind.

Location hidden

#168931 Jun 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will settle for some plastic to channel the water away for the night. May have a lot more coming. Those things take days, even for gods.
Got my furnace and water heater down there. Ugh.

Bilge pump , but it would require a low spot though. Cheap solution boat pump and a battery and some hose.

The Borderland of Sol

#168932 Jun 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bilge pump , but it would require a low spot though. Cheap solution boat pump and a battery and some hose.
Yah. Find the low spot in the basement (that takes a bucket of water), dig a small pit, put the pump in. Run the outlet out the downhill window.

I've done this before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 765,513
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Qu_innocence 603,721
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min MUQ1 263,717
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 37,661
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr truth 5,455
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,972
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 1 hr dess71 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 555,197
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr BottomNow 1,191

Top Stories People Search